IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

Yep, the golden penis being born is tops in their lives. She said it was the top moment of her life. Kelton said seeing Josie come down the aisle and the birth of his son was right there ... so only one of his daughters qualifies or neither?

I think only because they knew of her antibody issue is why the baby wasn't whisked away to ICU, they were prepared for it. It seems like he'll be in the hospital about the same amount of time as Hazel and she can only hold to feed. I hope this is it for babies for them as it clearly seems to be a danger to both her and the baby, but who knows?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

12 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Our total medical charge (not our bill due) for five nights in hospital, plus c section, anesthesia, etc. totaled a little over $100k. Luckily between the insurance discount and having hit out deductible for the year, we were only responsible for about $2k. Not sure how people give birth without insurance and don’t immediately bankrupt themselves. 

Holy shit. 2k. 7 nights me and baby 24hrs nicu c section. 4 weeks prior of hospital stays. Paid for by my taxes. What happens to pregnant women who have no money do they just get a bill they can never pay? Surely the hospital knows that people don’t have 100k to have a kid. Holy shit and they gave banned abortion. Poor women. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Yep, the golden penis being born is tops in their lives. She said it was the top moment of her life. Kelton said seeing Josie come down the aisle and the birth of his son was right there ... so only one of his daughters qualifies or neither?

I think only because they knew of her antibody issue is why the baby wasn't whisked away to ICU, they were prepared for it. It seems like he'll be in the hospital about the same amount of time as Hazel and she can only hold to feed. I hope this is it for babies for them as it clearly seems to be a danger to both her and the baby, but who knows?

He said it was one of the top 3 moments of his life. He then mentions the wedding but seems to realize that would leave a kid out so he kind of pivots to the wedding also being a highlight. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

He said it was one of the top 3 moments of his life. He then mentions the wedding but seems to realize that would leave a kid out so he kind of pivots to the wedding also being a highlight. 

Yeah it was super awkward. To a point that they probably shouldn’t have shared it. Maybe Hazel’s birth was so traumatic that he just remembers the worry and fear, but then just keep it all to yourself.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Holy shit. 2k. 7 nights me and baby 24hrs nicu c section. 4 weeks prior of hospital stays. Paid for by my taxes. What happens to pregnant women who have no money do they just get a bill they can never pay? Surely the hospital knows that people don’t have 100k to have a kid. Holy shit and they gave banned abortion. Poor women. 

Credit cards, payment plans, gofundme... 

Our NICU stay was a month and it was around 250k total. Our portion after insurance was 8k or so. 

I think we have talked about this over on the Bates boards before but a medical event can literally bankrupt a normal middle class insurance covered American. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m getting the distinct impression that J/K are playing the withholding of name/birth details of their son for “clicks” game. Lots of teasing posts that they know people will click on. I am disappointed in them to be honest. This behavior usually makes me unfollow an influencer, but damn, I enjoy Kelton’s cooking posts. If you have the time and energy to make a post, you have the time to say baby X arrived on Y date and weighed Z pounds. This isn’t about the baby’s privacy as she is sharing pictures of his face all over the web.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, gobucks said:

Credit cards, payment plans, gofundme... 

Our NICU stay was a month and it was around 250k total. Our portion after insurance was 8k or so. 

I think we have talked about this over on the Bates boards before but a medical event can literally bankrupt a normal middle class insurance covered American. 

Apparently about 2/3 of all bankruptcies in the US are due to medical debt. There’s an organization called RIP Medical Debt that buys the debt and forgives it. SharonSaysSo on Instagram recently raised $1M which helps relieve almost $10M in medical debt! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’m getting the distinct impression that J/K are playing the withholding of name/birth details of their son for “clicks” game. Lots of teasing posts that they know people will click on. I am disappointed in them to be honest. This behavior usually makes me unfollow an influencer, but damn, I enjoy Kelton’s cooking posts. If you have the time and energy to make a post, you have the time to say baby X arrived on Y date and weighed Z pounds. This isn’t about the baby’s privacy as she is sharing pictures of his face all over the web.

While it’s probably partly true, I do believe they were having a hard time coming up with a boy name. I remember she did announce Hazel’s name before giving birth, but I don’t remember about Willow. It makes sense that she might be evolving toward those influencer strategies. Maybe she’s waiting for a rush order on a personalized blanket or item of clothing.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

While it’s probably partly true, I do believe they were having a hard time coming up with a boy name. I remember she did announce Hazel’s name before giving birth, but I don’t remember about Willow. It makes sense that she might be evolving toward those influencer strategies. Maybe she’s waiting for a rush order on a personalized blanket or item of clothing.

She announced both of their names before giving birth.

All of the Bateses used to announce their baby names before delivering. I think Tori and Carlin were the first ones to wait until birth to announce, with Cambree and Zade. Then Whitney waited with Lily.

• Upvote 4

She’s definitely not telling for the clicks. Their children are making them money right from conception. The Bateses will monetize the hell out of their kids without an ounce of regret. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yep. I had a c-section for a preemie with a heart condition. There was a total of 24 nights in the hospital between the two of us, three ambulance trips and multiple procedures. The whole ordeal cost me about $500 in parking. 

• Love 7

Bates male obsession is infuriating. Aren't kids a blessing? Itsn't it God's will? They should be grateful for their girls.

They should think about Indian and Chinese areas where people have been rejecting baby girls and now men don't find wives. I know Bates would never abort or give a girl away, but the core feeling looks the same.

It's very sad. For the daughters and for the mothers. Do they really believe sons are better? Where Lawson and Nathan better than Josie and Alyssa? I highly doubt they consider their brothers are superior than them... But they still think their sons are auperior than their daughters.

Edited by Melissa1977
  • Upvote 13

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bates male obsession is infuriating. Aren't kids a blessing? Itsn't it God's will? They should be grateful for their girls.

They should think about Indian and Chinese areas where people have been rejecting baby girls and now men don't find wives. I know Bates would never abort or give a girl away, but the core feeling looks the same.

It's very sad. For the daughters and for the mothers. Do they really believe sons are better? Where Lawson and Nathan better than Josie and Alyssa? I highly doubt they consider their brothers are superior than them... But they still think their sons are auperior than their daughters.

I am very possibly my daughter's mother because of how girls are devalued in her birth country, particularly the region where she was born. It's so depressing to be living in these realities in 2024.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 3

49 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep. I had a c-section for a preemie with a heart condition. There was a total of 24 nights in the hospital between the two of us, three ambulance trips and multiple procedures. The whole ordeal cost me about $500 in parking. 

I had a devious trick for the parking. Park for a week. Loose my ticket. Pay the one day 19 dollar fee.  Dodgey I know but the money does not go to the hospital so I “justified” my deviousness 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s definitely not telling for the clicks. Their children are making them money right from conception. The Bateses will monetize the hell out of their kids without an ounce of regret. 

She has literally posted 3 times in 3hours- all kinds of photos of her, Kelton and BBB. I had always considered them the most balanced and “living in our world” of the Bateses, but they’re just as exploitative as any of the other parents.

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She has literally posted 3 times in 3hours- all kinds of photos of her, Kelton and BBB. I had always considered them the most balanced and “living in our world” of the Bateses, but they’re just as exploitative as any of the other parents.

Yep. It’s why she wore that double sided dildo on her head right up until birth. Because selling those things makes her more money. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. It’s why she wore that double sided dildo on her head right up until birth. Because selling those things makes her more money. 

Ohhhh.... can we please work Josie and her "double sided dildo" into a thread title?!! 

And these fundies and their male-worship drives me NUTS!!! I'd wish girls on the lot of them, if they weren't treated so badly!! 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I Googled “tree names” and the top suggestions were “tree names for boys” and “tree names for girls.” I vote for Rowan or Ash. Did you know that Bjork means “beech tree” in Icelandic? 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I had a devious trick for the parking. Park for a week. Loose my ticket. Pay the one day 19 dollar fee.  Dodgey I know but the money does not go to the hospital so I “justified” my deviousness 

I was incensed the first time I had to pay for parking when I was taking a sick family member to the hospital. Personally I believe it's downright unethical for hospitals to allow it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I Googled “tree names” and the top suggestions were “tree names for boys” and “tree names for girls.” I vote for Rowan or Ash. Did you know that Bjork means “beech tree” in Icelandic? 

Ha! Asher and Rowan were my guesses! Bjork Balka would be a mouthful. Get your guesses in over in the Baby Name Thread before they announce.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.fd048fc90280f061c3e4e5d01ff4e83e.jpeg

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

At our hospital, they used to dispense these plastic coins at the parking gate that you then had to feed into a machine inside the hospital before you left. It would give you a new coin that would let you out after you paid. They didn’t have a pay machine at the L&D entrance though, so patients had to walk outside, up the hill, and into the emergency entrance to pay at the machine there. 

I drove myself to L&D at 38 weeks when my blood pressure was creeping up. Was alone because my hubs was having surgery. Diagnosed with preeclampsia. Sent home to await induction. Had to hobble up the big hill to go to the emergency to pay for my parking. Beside all the sick people. Someone had left a basin with puke in it in the trash bin right next to the pay machine. I put my coin in and it just spit it out. Tried again one more time and same thing. Said F this!!! Went to the gate and called security who let me out. 

I was about to write a letter to the hospital expressing how unacceptable that system was, but thankfully they changed it so you can pay with a credit card right at the gate now. I think that’s pretty abominable that they thought it was appropriate for pregnant people and newly delivered parents with newborns to have to trek up to the emergency with all the germs to pay for the damn parking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

24 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Any name yet besides Denver?

No. And they are creating a build up with this waiting. Which will just make the name so underwhelming. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 2/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, dawn9476 said:

The baby has the same antibody issue as Hazel so they are keeping him under the lights. His levels came back high at six hours old, so he's been under them since Wednesday night. They haven't been able to hold him except for feedings. Will probably be in the hospital though the weekend and into early next week.

Yes, it is the same issue. However, it appears Hazel's was more severe to the point that there were concerns prior to her birth. Josie even commented during her pregnancy with Hazel that there were more than a few scary appointments where things looked bleak (my word not hers). They knew that this baby was likely to have similar issues but seemed to be doing better in utero than Hazel did. She was also taken to the children's hospital for the NICU where he seems to be receiving care under the same hospital where he was born. She appears to have delivered with a different team and different hospital.

The comments I made and others have agreed with was that this seemed to be a markedly easier labor and delivery for Josie who was suffering badly with Willow to the point of passing out and medical teams intervening and with Hazel where they were facing a large unknown. Yes, it is hard to have your baby and not be able to hold him. However, Josie seems much calmer this time around and not as panicked. It doesn't mean she is not caring or that his condition isn't serious. It's just easier for your mind to reconcile things and cope when it isn't all new to you. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/24/2024 at 5:28 PM, Melissa1977 said:

Come on, everyone knows women is always second to a man! Women were made to be of help to men (Genesis) and they must obey their husband (Ephesians). So of course, these parents are only doing their jobs. They know a daughter will be second to a man all her life. /sarcams ends here.  😒

It's actually sad and it shows that despite wanting to look mainstream and trendy, these values are still so ingrained in their brains. Sure the Bates' daughters and DIL have a different reality than their parents. Cool, they can wear pants once they leave home and I'm happy if they want to have maternity photo shoots in sexy dresses. All for it. Some of them even have their own businesses like BSB or Josie's hair products. A lot of the daughters and DIL are probably the breadwinners, especially with social media (let's face it, no one would watch Youtube videos of a guy named Kelton Balka if he wasn't married to someone who was on TV). In a way, it's cool that they have more agency in their own lives than the women before them.

But I feel like deep down, their core values are very much still anchored in patriarchal fundamentalist principles. And when do we see it the most? When a golden penis is born. 

• Upvote 8