IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 9

Coconut Flan

Looks like a decent size baby- not the 5-6 pounders that the Bates usually deliver, and 3 weeks early too. That baby would have been huge. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Looks like a decent size baby- not the 5-6 pounders that the Bates usually deliver, and 3 weeks early too. That baby would have been huge. 

It wasn’t three weeks. Her due date was early March. I think they set the induction date at 37 weeks, but she was induced at 38 weeks. It does look like a big baby, especially for the Bates, only 5 of the GrandBates have been over 7lbs: Whitney’s first four and Kenna. 

• Upvote 6

On 2/18/2024 at 8:39 PM, Tdoc72 said:

She’ll probably pull her heatless curler out right before the last push!  

You called it 🤣

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The baby was going to be big compare to her girls. When she went in to get checked, it was like always measuring in ninty-something percentiles.

2 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Well we should be thankful she's in a hospital. Didn't Kelly Jo have most of hers at home? Glad that particular tenet of fundieism has petered out in this generation.

All the Bates grandchildren have been born in a hospital, especially because the Bates daughters have that blood disorder. And I think Josie has another condition along with that.  Some kind of anitbody issue. That's why she had to go to a high risk doctor. She went every two weeks from October till a couple of weeks ago, when the high risk doctor said she could schedule her induction with her regular ob.

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think Josie knew it was a GP all along. All of the bump pics sort of gave it away.

I have a feeling they did the 1st trimester labs and decided to wait to tell because it was a boy. Plus, she kept saying how it was sooooo different this time and the baby was so much bigger that it HAD to be a boy. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

Proof. 

image.png.40e08ed30b5c2a9bc45e8a2738150c3f.png

Oh my god, y'all, it looks like an alien double-penis creature is attacking her head. WUT.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

I figured it was a boy since this baby was so much bigger than the other two. Now they can fawn all over him like Erin fawns all over her golden boy and Alyssa fawns all over her golden boy. It’s like they just can’t help themselves. They have to freak out over a boy if they’ve had at least two measly girls prior. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I figured it was a boy since this baby was so much bigger than the other two. Now they can fawn all over him like Erin fawns all over her golden boy and Alyssa fawns all over her golden boy. It’s like they just can’t help themselves. They have to freak out over a boy if they’ve had at least two measly girls prior. 

I assumed boy. I also don't think they knew 100%. I think they were thinking boy too. 

People are commenting how happy and relieved she seemed in the video about the baby being a boy. However, I think she was happy and relieved because compared to her first two deliveries this one was a breeze. With Willow she was passing out and in labor for like 36 hours. There wasn't video but the pictures show Kelton freaked out and she has said they (his influence) weren't going to do an epidural but the medical staff convinced her. Then you had Hazel who was taken to NICU right after birth. I am going with a lot of the relief was that she finally had a birth where she could focus on things like is it a boy or a girl and be happy versus traumatized. 

• Upvote 14

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It wasn’t three weeks. Her due date was early March. I think they set the induction date at 37 weeks, but she was induced at 38 weeks. It does look like a big baby, especially for the Bates, only 5 of the GrandBates have been over 7lbs: Whitney’s first four and Kenna. 

Did KJ have small babies? Based on your comment, none of the born Bates girls have had a baby larger than 6-15. Birth weight on average increases by 0.5 lb/week during the last trimester, so even @ 38 weeks he would have been an entire pound bigger at FT, which on a baby is big difference.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Did KJ have small babies? Based on your comment, none of the born Bates girls have had a baby larger than 6-15. Birth weight on average increases by 0.5 lb/week during the last trimester, so even @ 38 weeks he would have been an entire pound bigger at FT, which on a baby is big difference.

I don't know, but most of the Bates girls deliver early, which accounts for some of the small size. 

• Upvote 2

I am hoping that this positive experience doesn't convince them that she should go on and have a few more babies.  I'm not really clear on her additional medical conditions, but from what I have read it seems pregnancies are not something she needs to keep experiencing.

I am interested in birth weight; his head looks really big.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Which one, the purple one?? 😂

I forget their names.

Oh gosh lemme see. Tinky Winky, La La, Pipsy, Po? No idea who was who. When my kids were watching tv, that was my shower/clean up time. 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Baby boy will have to stay in hospital until next week since he has the same health issues as Hazel had when she was born related to the rare antibody condition Josie has. It doesnt seem like it is very serious though since Josie was smiling when talking about that.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh gosh lemme see. Tinky Winky, La La, Pipsy, Po? No idea who was who. When my kids were watching tv, that was my shower/clean up time. 🤣

My niece and nephew used to watch that and Barny, I loved visiting and spending time with them during those years (still do now that they're grown and young adults), but I just couldn't with those two shows, was the best time to be a helpful house guest and help my sister-in-law out in the kitchen or whatever. 😂😈

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, llucie said:

Baby boy will have to stay in hospital until next week since he has the same health issues as Hazel had when she was born related to the rare antibody condition Josie has. It doesnt seem like it is very serious though since Josie was smiling when talking about that.

Or.. she is terrified but keeping sweet for the cameras... like she has her entire life. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

On 2/20/2024 at 8:32 PM, SassyPants said:

I went to visit my parents 2 weekends ago and my mom had the curlers out, still in this plastic, purple container she stored them in…and she was using them. WTH- I am on the back end of my 60s and had not seen those curlers in decades. I guess she still uses them. She just got a new robe that replaced the 1 she bought to take to the hospital when my youngest brother was born. He will be 56 this Spring. She is the original recycler.

My mom is like that - Sometimes she'll come out wearing a sweatshirt one of us had in high school or a sweater that was in my 7th grade school photo. I'm turning 50 this year and am the youngest. She has sheets that my sister had probably 30 years ago that don't really FIT their bed. Towels from my parents wedding (they've been married 57 years... We are not looking forward to having to clear out their house someday.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I assumed boy. I also don't think they knew 100%. I think they were thinking boy too. 

People are commenting how happy and relieved she seemed in the video about the baby being a boy. However, I think she was happy and relieved because compared to her first two deliveries this one was a breeze. With Willow she was passing out and in labor for like 36 hours. There wasn't video but the pictures show Kelton freaked out and she has said they (his influence) weren't going to do an epidural but the medical staff convinced her. Then you had Hazel who was taken to NICU right after birth. I am going with a lot of the relief was that she finally had a birth where she could focus on things like is it a boy or a girl and be happy versus traumatized. 

Yeah. It seems like it was a fast and easy birth. Per the stories she just posted, she went in at midnight Tuesday and had the baby at 3 pm on Wednesday. She had the baby within 15 hours of getting to the hospital.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Yeah. It seems like it was a fast and easy birth. Per the stories she just posted, she went in at midnight Tuesday and had the baby at 3 pm on Wednesday. She had the baby within 15 hours of getting to the hospital.

The baby has the same antibody issue as Hazel so they are keeping him under the lights. His levels came back high at six hours old, so he's been under them since Wednesday night. They haven't been able to hold him except for feedings. Will probably be in the hospital though the weekend and into early next week.

• Upvote 5

I would imagine that the medical bills will be steep if they are there for at least five days. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Angelface said:

I would imagine that the medical bills will be steep if they are there for at least five days. 

Probably but Kelton runs a successful plumbing business. He probably has good insurance.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

My mom is like that - Sometimes she'll come out wearing a sweatshirt one of us had in high school or a sweater that was in my 7th grade school photo. I'm turning 50 this year and am the youngest. She has sheets that my sister had probably 30 years ago that don't really FIT their bed. Towels from my parents wedding (they've been married 57 years... We are not looking forward to having to clear out their house someday.

I always laugh when my mom is wearing an old Aeropostale sweatshirt I wore in 1999 while she’s doing housework. She’s always like, “it has plenty of life left!”

• Upvote 3

My mom also maintains clothing better than any person I know. She has clothing from the 80s that she still wears that’s in perfect condition. She hand washes a lot of things and line dries (everything). She also wears white without spilling stuff and staining it. I did not inherit this gene.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My mom also maintains clothing better than any person I know. She has clothing from the 80s that she still wears that’s in perfect condition. She hand washes a lot of things and line dries (everything). She also wears white without spilling stuff and staining it. I did not inherit this gene.

My sister from another mister! I'm so messy with food that I've been known to tuck a kitchen towel into my shirt like a demented female Henry VIII.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Our total medical charge (not our bill due) for five nights in hospital, plus c section, anesthesia, etc. totaled a little over $100k. Luckily between the insurance discount and having hit out deductible for the year, we were only responsible for about $2k. Not sure how people give birth without insurance and don’t immediately bankrupt themselves. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2