IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

I seem to remember that they previously said she picked the first name and he picked the middle one. I think they may have switched up if that was the case on this one. 

13 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Also, I’ve mentioned this before on another thread. But I once knew a girl named Summer Camp. 

Was she conceived when her parents were at summer camp?

13 hours ago, LancetteShing99 said:

Was she conceived when her parents were at summer camp?

I actually met her parents once. Nice people. Don’t think they were aware that the ‘60s had ended though. 

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I actually met her parents once. Nice people. Don’t think they were aware that the ‘60s had ended though. 

My cousins last name is Strohl and originally they were going to name her summer, Summer Strohl. But went with Taylor instead

• Haha 4

I watched a few minutes of the latest video from Youtube. Apparently, Chad is leading off today and it is all about the goat that was killed by a coyote or something. Yes, that is sad and hard to explain to children, but I couldn't take the sad music in the background and Chad referring to it as a sad day at the "homestead." 

Since most people comment on safety concerns regarding the moms, I am going to point that spotlight at Chad. He was driving the gator thing to get supplies or something with some of the kids. Carson was standing and hanging on to the outside of it. While it isn't likely anything will happen at low speed, it wasn't the best move, as Carson's foot or grip could have slipped easily. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Carson was standing and hanging on to the outside of it. While it isn't likely anything will happen at low speed,

Unfortunately, these types of vehicles are all too often fatal when used as toys by children rather than as tools by responsible adults. 

https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/11-year-old-boy-killed-in-atv-crash-after-dog-steps-on-gas/amp/

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

Unfortunately, these types of vehicles are all too often fatal when used as toys by children rather than as tools by responsible adults. 

https://nypost.com/2023/06/28/11-year-old-boy-killed-in-atv-crash-after-dog-steps-on-gas/amp/

The American Academy of Pediatrics agrees with you:

ATVs Are Not Safe for Children: AAP Policy Explained

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-play/Pages/ATV-Safety-Rules.aspx#:~:text=In fact%2C it's estimated that,potential for more traumatic injuries. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, Johannah said:

No reason to think they don’t have AC. They seem cool and comfortable in their videos. Just trapped inside most of the day bc of the heat. I was thinking that Erin should mix up their schedule so they’re able to have time outside in the morning before it’s unbearably hot. 

I’ve been on a masochistic/procrastination streak recently and watched a bunch of their YouTube videos. I was struck by how odd Erin’s accent/way of speaking is and how it sounds nothing like her parents or siblings and has changed since the early years on the Bates and Duggar shows. 

Then I watched her interview with her mother-in-law. She is clearly trying to speak exactly like her! It’s this odd lilting over-enunciation of words and sort of tightening of vowel sounds (not sure how else to describe it). She sounds exactly like her mother in law mixed with the remnants of her previous southern accent.

She seems obsessed with Tammy Paine in an Anna Duggar idolizing Michelle kind of way. During the interview she constantly says, you’re so wise, that’s so wise, to basic suggestions like buying a cookbook to learn how to cook. She even seems to be emulating her specific mannerisms. So bizarre! But glad the voice/accent change mystery is now solved. 

I mean, I think this makes sense. Fundamentalism basically erases personhood from infancy. So then adult women look to other older adult women to mimic - like Priscilla with Michelle's baby voice. 

On 8/17/2023 at 7:14 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing the new baby will first be with Erin and Chad as a newborn. Then the toddler in Carson’s closet will move to the girls’ room. That way the new baby will be in Carson’s closet until he’s too big. I bet they will put a set of bunk beds in that room for long term sleeping arrangements. 

According to the chart, only half the homes in Washington have some type of AC. That’s low compared to other states. But I guess it makes sense because the weather is usually so mild. 

I live in PacNW and yes, growing up neither we nor anyone else had A/C. It's in most of the newer construction, but even then not always. 

We usually get one or two stretches of 90+ temperatures a year (more now than in my childhood) and those are memorable. It also isn't humid like it is with summer heat.And Many houses also have basements or split/tri-level construction so people can get cool. I only have had A/C in recent years out here and it still feels like a luxury.

• Upvote 7

I'm wondering in true "the women actually wear the pants" style, Erin might have picked those hideous girls' names so that Chad was basically forced to choose the most normal one out of the options, which Erin secretly liked the best. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I'm wondering in true "the women actually wear the pants" style, Erin might have picked those hideous girls' names so that Chad was basically forced to choose the most normal one out of the options, which Erin secretly liked the best.

This is a great theory and I find it hilarious because... it could be true!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

“Honey I made a list of my favorite baby names and you can pick the one you like best!”

List: 

Falafal 

Saturday

Shiplap

Everly

Lasagna 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 37

On 8/23/2023 at 5:16 AM, SorenaJ said:

My husband wanted to name our daughter Valkyrie. I said no.

My husband wanted to name our son Wolfgang.  I also said no.  We named him Curtis, an old fashioned but perfectly lovely name.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

“Honey I made a list of my favorite baby names and you can pick the one you like best!”

List: 

Falafal 

Saturday

Shiplap

Everly

Lasagna 

Don’t forget English!

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honey I made a list of my favorite baby names and you can pick the one you like best!”

List: 

Falafal 

Saturday

Shiplap

Everly

Lasagna

74402301-5B79-4879-86F6-C0585C9870C7.jpeg

• Haha 17

On 8/22/2023 at 7:58 PM, kittykay said:

Three of our cats were named Autumn, Spring, and Cloudy.  Never had a Rain or Snow.  Maybe next time.

My cats' names over the years have been Bast, Caboodle, Tigerolly, Mini, Mija, and Custard. It's probably good that I'm child-free.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

List: 

Falafal 

Saturday

Shiplap

Everly

Lasagna 

ARE YOU JOANNA GAINES? /shiplap

• Haha 5

On 8/18/2023 at 6:28 PM, Johannah said:

Names she liked, but didn’t use:

Boys - Beckett, Blythe, Forrest, Gatlin, Oakland

Girls - Scotland, English, November (called Novi), Darcy, Brighton, Ireland

Chad made a face and a sarcastic comment while she read these. Clearly this was a battle he won. And he is fed up with Erin’s name choices. (November got a particularly disturbed look from him)

I haven't watched the video so I'm not sure if they said how they'd spell Forrest but Forrest with two Rs like that seems to almost always be a reference to this terrible man (at least down here in the south).  I feel like Erin must know that being from Tennessee? And with that creepy Confederate room they used to have? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

I haven't watched the video so I'm not sure if they said how they'd spell Forrest but Forrest with two Rs like that seems to almost always be a reference to this terrible man (at least down here in the south).  I feel like Erin must know that being from Tennessee? And with that creepy Confederate room they used to have? 

Erin was plenty old enough to remember the Confederate Room. Hell, she probably decorated it! 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

When Erin was discussing her social studies homeschool curriculum (published by Bob Jones University), she referred to the kids making “pots used by Indians.” I think she’s seriously undereducated, sheltered, and misinformed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

@JohannahBut Erin graduated with honors from Crown....surely she is capable of giving her kids a decent education 🤔😆

I may have just peed myself.

• Haha 5

On 9/3/2023 at 11:40 AM, ModestisHottest said:

I know several men named Forrest, including a couple of family members. I’d be shocked if any of them had that name association, or even knew who it was. We aren’t in the south though.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I know several men named Forrest, including a couple of family members. I’d be shocked if any of them had that name association, or even knew who it was. We aren’t in the south though.

Forrest is an actual name that used to be more popular. I had an extended family member with the name (born in the 1930s). It’s only weird to use Forrest if you had a room dedicated to the confederacy in your home when you were growing up. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

That jogged a memory, I went through school with a guy named "Forrest T. Allen", and that's what we called him, sometimes leaving off the last name but not always.  He was at one mini class reunion and had brought some skewers of meat; he kept telling us they were squirrel or something even less appealing, and I don't think anybody ate one.

One of the Mitford sisters was called Valkyrie. I think it is the one born in Swastika, Canada. She also grew up to adore Hitler. I do actaully like the name, what with being a lover of Wagner‘s operas, but I wouldn’t even name one of my rats that, given the connotations. I am still thinking about naming a pair Siegfried and Tristan, though. I shall just claim it is after the vets in „all creatures great and small“.

I had to wait until I was several weeks old before I got a name. I shall forever be glad that my father vetoed my mother’s choices. They were nice names, but my brother already had alliterative names, and it would’ve been too much if we both did. We would’ve had the same three initials, too. Not intentionally, but it still would’ve been a bit sad. And no, mum, it wouldn’t be just until I got married. First, never getting married, second, I love my surname!

• Upvote 2