IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Zebedee said:

One of the Mitford sisters was called Valkyrie. I think it is the one born in Swastika, Canada. She also grew up to adore Hitler. I do actaully like the name, what with being a lover of Wagner‘s operas, but I wouldn’t even name one of my rats that, given the connotations. I am still thinking about naming a pair Siegfried and Tristan, though. I shall just claim it is after the vets in „all creatures great and small“.

I had to wait until I was several weeks old before I got a name. I shall forever be glad that my father vetoed my mother’s choices. They were nice names, but my brother already had alliterative names, and it would’ve been too much if we both did. We would’ve had the same three initials, too. Not intentionally, but it still would’ve been a bit sad. And no, mum, it wouldn’t be just until I got married. First, never getting married, second, I love my surname!

That was Unity Mitford’s middle name. And yes, she love love loved her some Hitler. However when WW2 broke out, she couldn’t handle it and shot herself. But she didn’t die for almost another decade. But the head injury changed her and couldn’t live on her own after that. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Zebedee said:

One of the Mitford sisters was called Valkyrie. I think it is the one born in Swastika, Canada. She also grew up to adore Hitler. I do actaully like the name, what with being a lover of Wagner‘s operas, but I wouldn’t even name one of my rats that, given the connotations. I am still thinking about naming a pair Siegfried and Tristan, though. I shall just claim it is after the vets in „all creatures great and small“.

I had to wait until I was several weeks old before I got a name. I shall forever be glad that my father vetoed my mother’s choices. They were nice names, but my brother already had alliterative names, and it would’ve been too much if we both did. We would’ve had the same three initials, too. Not intentionally, but it still would’ve been a bit sad. And no, mum, it wouldn’t be just until I got married. First, never getting married, second, I love my surname!

I also wouldn’t have a negative connection to the name Valkyrie. I’d think of it as a strong warrior woman. Like in the Marvel Movies. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was Unity Mitford’s middle name. And yes, she love love loved her some Hitler. However when WW2 broke out, she couldn’t handle it and shot herself. But she didn’t die for almost another decade. But the head injury changed her and couldn’t live on her own after that. 

Yes Unity, who seems to have been named to become what she did. The mitford sisters are fascinating: two fascists and a communist. And some brilliant writers. Also they had a brother, who got sent to school etc while the six girls were kept at home, but nobody has ever heard of the brother.

There are some lovely books (fiction), not about the Mitford sisters, but they are quite prominent characters, about the Guinness Girls.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, medimus said:

Yes Unity, who seems to have been named to become what she did. The mitford sisters are fascinating: two fascists and a communist. And some brilliant writers. Also they had a brother, who got sent to school etc while the six girls were kept at home, but nobody has ever heard of the brother.

There are some lovely books (fiction), not about the Mitford sisters, but they are quite prominent characters, about the Guinness Girls.

I admit I like reading about the Mitford sisters. Mostly because they all turned out so very different. And of course I have to decide in my head which one I’m most like. I’m probably most like Pamela. The least famous sister. She wasn’t one to need attention and the spotlight. And she was often home with her animals and garden. And she sort of seemed like a sister who wanted to keep the peace in the family. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/5/2023 at 3:44 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Forrest Tucker and Forrest Gump are the first two names that come to my mind when the name Forrest is mentioned. 

Seeing Forrest Gump as a little kid is how I first became aware of the Forrest (as a first name) and Forrest (KKK Grand Wizard) connection.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:51 AM, medimus said:

The brother was killed in WWII. He was charming and bisexually promiscuous.

• Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 6:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

“She love love loved her some Hitler” gave me a giggle.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I admit I like reading about the Mitford sisters. Mostly because they all turned out so very different. And of course I have to decide in my head which one I’m most like. I’m probably most like Pamela. The least famous sister. She wasn’t one to need attention and the spotlight. And she was often home with her animals and garden. And she sort of seemed like a sister who wanted to keep the peace in the family. 

They really are a fascinating family. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Erin had the baby. Due date was December 6, but he was born on October 30th. Tori and Kelly were at the hospital with her and Michael watched the Paine kids (of course).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

IDK why but I totally forgot that she was going to have her baby in early November 😅 I was shocked to see the birth announcement 

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-10-31at9_53_20am.thumb.png.f79c644a3ae3440a1c9c01f988d2ac89.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I gave birth in that very same hospital on Friday, on that very same floor, eerily close to her room number. I don’t think this hospital is very close to where they live at all, but has a good NICU, which maybe was a factor for them considering how early he is?

I thought I’d be way more likely to have a Webster encounter down here than a Paine one; glad this was a near miss 😂

• Upvote 7
  • Love 17

Five weeks early, William has arrived.

That little PINK hat seems a tad off brand for the family. Thankfully, they are leaving it on him and choosing function over gender fashion. 

IMG_7286.jpeg

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I gave birth in that very same hospital on Friday, on that very same floor, eerily close to her room number. I don’t think this hospital is very close to where they live at all, but has a good NICU, which maybe was a factor for them considering how early he is?

I thought I’d be way more likely to have a Webster encounter down here than a Paine one; glad this was a near miss 😂

Congratulations ❤️ ❤️

yeah I agree with you,

I think that after everything she went through they wanted to make sure that she goes to a good hospital 

• Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

Five weeks early, William has arrived.

That little PINK hat seems a tad off brand for the family. Thankfully, they are leaving it on him and choosing function over gender fashion. 

IMG_7286.jpeg

That is the standard hospital hat.

also, Casrson actually wears pink shirts a fair bit. He also wore Wonder Woman pjs at one point (which surprised me a bit). So the color thing doesn’t seem to bother Erin and Chad. 

• Upvote 8

I have brought home 5 boys from 3 different hospitals with that hat.  I assumed, because of the pink and blue stripes, that they just gave every baby the same hat.  But when my daughter was born there was a bow on the front of the hat.  They all hated their hats and tried to wiggle out of them at the earliest opportunity.

• Upvote 4

Courtney Collingsworth had her baby 6 weeks early and got to take the baby home recently after only spending 10 days in the hospital. So maybe Erin will be able to take William home fairly soon too. I’m no baby expert though. But she didn’t say anything about William having specific problems from coming early. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Courtney Collingsworth had her baby 6 weeks early and got to take the baby home recently after only spending 10 days in the hospital. So maybe Erin will be able to take William home fairly soon too. I’m no baby expert though. But she didn’t say anything about William having specific problems from coming early. 

10 days is pretty standard for 34+ weeks. My daughter was just before 34 weeks (33+3) and had to stay 22 days, but the development moves fast at that stage and the extra week makes a lot of difference.

• Upvote 3

The name irks me. Why do the boys get the serious, classic names and the girls get silly, unique or offbeat ones? It's like the girls don't matter, they won't have a serious future in the business world, so the parents go crazy in their quest to be unique? But boys? They need manly names.

To follow their pattern, this baby should have been named "Stanli" or "Freddi" or "Ayden" or "Lymon." 

• Upvote 6

I remember when it used to be a "Hot Topic" when one of the Bates or Duggar kids had their baby, now it's just a snoozefest, with many of us FJers not feeling the need to comment. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

42 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

The name irks me. Why do the boys get the serious, classic names and the girls get silly, unique or offbeat ones? It's like the girls don't matter, they won't have a serious future in the business world, so the parents go crazy in their quest to be unique? But boys? They need manly names.

To follow their pattern, this baby should have been named "Stanli" or "Freddi" or "Ayden" or "Lymon." 

The Paine girls’ names all use the most common conventional spellings. They are all place names or surnames. Brooklyn and Everly are top 100 names and Holland and Finley are top 600 names in the US. Everly is the only name that strikes me as “cute” but the name Beverly doesn’t, so really, what’s the difference?

We now have an Amy on the Supreme Court. If there’s a Brooklyn, Everly, Holland or Finley on the Supreme Court in 40 years, I don’t think it would be strange.

• I Agree 8

So Erin lives in Florida while her BFFs Tori, Michael, and Kelly all live in Tennessee. Yet Tori and Kelly were at the birth and Michael was able to watch the kids. This must’ve been planned. Because it seems hard to imagine they could hop a flight last minute and make it there in time if she went into labor spontaneously.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Erin lives in Florida while her BFFs Tori, Michael, and Kelly all live in Tennessee. Yet Tori and Kelly were at the birth and Michael was able to watch the kids. This must’ve been planned. Because it seems hard to imagine they could hop a flight last minute and make it there in time if she went into labor spontaneously.

It sounded like the wedding they knew the baby was coming sooner than later. Erin seemed a little stressed in Lawson’s video. Bobby also flew to Florida separately than Tori, so she may have already been there just in case and someone on Reddit said it seemed like Kelly never sent back to Tennessee after the wedding, so only Michaela came back. 

I had a preemie and I had some warning. I had 24 hours between my water breaking and them deciding to go to a c-section and by that point I had already been cramping and bleeding for a day and they were able to give me the steroids. 

20 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

How many grandkids are there now between the Duggar and Bates kids, 40, 50???

I believe the Bates have 27 grandchildren with 2 on the way. Duggars have 31 with at least 1 on the way. So 58, soon to be 61+.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know two people who had their babies more than a month early and with both of them, they knew several days in advance that they were going to need to deliver soon. Both were higher risk pregnancies so they were being monitored closely already so it was really a case of how long will it be beneficial to keep the baby in vs delivering. I imagine that Erin has at least sort of known that this baby was coming early and so people were there early just in case. It's not like Kelly would have been doing anything useful at home like parenting her minor children. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

9 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

EEEEK!

CONGRATS! How is little Roy-Dean Tarheel doing???

• Haha 2