IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

Sorry, what is the name? I thought I had read William Gage.  Is that not it?  Is it English? 

It's William Gage.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

November Paine! Oh my.   I'm guessing she never was into Guns N Roses (November Rain). It does sound like an emo band. I'm glad Chad said no to this nonsense. I expect when "Carson" gets a little older, he will introduce himself as "Charles" and mommy can keep calling him Carson. An 8 year old may not have much pull against mommy but I bet a 12-13 year old will probably have more resistance.

Although it seems like maybe Chad just put his foot down because it's a boy?? The girl names don't matter as much to him maybe?

I've gotten myself all confused - is this the 1st miracle baby after the ovary removal thing or the 2nd?

• Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

November Paine! Oh my.   I'm guessing she never was into Guns N Roses (November Rain). It does sound like an emo band. I'm glad Chad said no to this nonsense. I expect when "Carson" gets a little older, he will introduce himself as "Charles" and mommy can keep calling him Carson. An 8 year old may not have much pull against mommy but I bet a 12-13 year old will probably have more resistance.

Although it seems like maybe Chad just put his foot down because it's a boy?? The girl names don't matter as much to him maybe?

I've gotten myself all confused - is this the 1st miracle baby after the ovary removal thing or the 2nd?

This is the second miracle baby. And I think Chad doesn’t care as much about the girl names than the boy names. And I’m sure it’s all rooted in patriarchy. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

English was my maiden name. I know there are a lot of surnames which are also used as first names… but I never imagined mine to be one of them. I didn’t mind it as a surname, but it is an awful first name!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid

Don’t give her any ideas!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid.😅🙄

Baby naming option for "miracle" 3!

5 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I expect when "Carson" gets a little older, he will introduce himself as "Charles" and mommy can keep calling him Carson. An 8 year old may not have much pull against mommy but I bet a 12-13 year old will probably have more resistance.

In the video Erin said she wishes they called him Charles from the beginning because now that she's used to calling him Carson it's hard to call him anything else (paraphrasing). It didn't sound like she was opposed to Charles.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I have a family member that was called by his middle name from birth. But starting at around 6th or 7th grade, he decided he wanted to be called by his first name at school. All his friends know him by his first name. All his teachers use his first name. Only his family calls him by his middle name. If Carson went to school, he could easily go by Charles at school. It’s what’s on his paperwork anyway. The school wouldn’t have any issues calling him that. And if he introduced himself as Charles to his friends at school, that’s what they would call him. But since his life completely revolves around his family and probably has very few friends, it’s Carson. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Heaven forbid to just use the more accepted names of April, May, or June.  Although not as common, I have also heard of January and August as first names.  As everyone says, Erin has to be extra with her name choices, lol, why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid.😅🙄

One of the women on the polygamist reality show My 5 Wives had a daughter named September (who was inexplicably called Peppi). 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I have taught one November but it is an odd name choice. Not as odd as Camp (also taught a Camp) but still odd. Personally though, I think English is worse than November. 

• Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Johannah said:

One of the women on the polygamist reality show My 5 Wives had a daughter named September (who was inexplicably called Peppi). 

Weird. You would think they would nickname her Ember. Since that’s also used for girls these days. And it’s the last 5 letters of the name. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

As everyone says, Erin has to be extra with her name choices, lol, why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid.😅🙄

Why not just think of 8-year old November introducing herself to a bunch of kids? Or 15-year old November trying to join a new group of teens at AWANA?

"She said her name is November, like the month!!"

If Erin's not a narcissist, that should conjure up some empathy for her unborn child.

Edited by Jackie3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a family member that was called by his middle name from birth. But starting at around 6th or 7th grade, he decided he wanted to be called by his first name at school. All his friends know him by his first name. All his teachers use his first name. Only his family calls him by his middle name. If Carson went to school, he could easily go by Charles at school. It’s what’s on his paperwork anyway. The school wouldn’t have any issues calling him that. And if he introduced himself as Charles to his friends at school, that’s what they would call him. But since his life completely revolves around his family and probably has very few friends, it’s Carson. 

This is my dad. People from his past and his family called him by his middle name. Since my dad is approaching 90, most of those calling him by his middle name are now deceased (as well as most of his old time friends). 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Heaven forbid to just use the more accepted names of April, May, or June.  Although not as common, I have also heard of January and August as first names.  As everyone says, Erin has to be extra with her name choices, lol, why not close your eyes and just choose a random word out of the dictionary to name your kid.😅🙄

My dad has a cousin with a wife named September.  And I have seen October used as a girl's name.   October was the long-suffering daughter of someone being profiled on "My 600-Lb Life".   

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My name is Rebecca but my parents called me Becky, as did everyone who knew me prior to age 8. Since then I have been Rebecca. However, my parents, aunts/uncles, cousins, and two of my friends since the early days still call me Becky. I refer to it as calling me the b-word. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

When I was little the family next door to us had three daughters named April, October, and December (all named after the month they were born). I always wondered what they would have done if two of them had been born the same month. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, Cate32 said:

When I was little the family next door to us had three daughters named April, October, and December (all named after the month they were born). I always wondered what they would have done if two of them had been born the same month. 

April the second? 😉

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

April the second? 😉

But would April the First be a prankster?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

On 8/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I've been getting the vibe that Chad is a bit tired of Erin since her health issues came up a few years ago.  He seems way less patient and more patriarchal.

And hearing of his sarcastic response to some of the baby names....that's not the more sensitive Chad I noted years ago.   Like when they were courting / first married.   I remember when Erin announced her second pregnancy after having a difficult delivery with Carson.   Both looked a bit scared and remember Chad saying "pray for us" and I really thought he was really and truly wanting those prayers!    

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sheltie said:

I knew someone named Winter, nickname Wendy.  Why not just name her Wendy???

I would have wanted to nickname her Windy! Because sometimes Winters are Windy!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sheltie said:

I knew someone named Winter, nickname Wendy.  Why not just name her Wendy???

We joking nickname the this pregnancy Cicada. Pretty, baby will be nickname Cicada no matter what. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

And hearing of his sarcastic response to some of the baby names....that's not the more sensitive Chad I noted years ago.   Like when they were courting / first married.   I remember when Erin announced her second pregnancy after having a difficult delivery with Carson.   Both looked a bit scared and remember Chad saying "pray for us" and I really thought he was really and truly wanting those prayers!    

Chad was a Bates servant. He adored Erin, but he always looked exhausted, full time working and doing Erin's projects and whatever Gil and Kelly wanted. In this forum, everybody said he needed to stop that. Then, Chad and Erin became even fundier, went to mariage retreats (maybe there was some crisis?) and closed he YT channel. Erin was very sad about closing YT, which was obviously Chad's idea. I have the feeling that at some point, Chad had to set boundaries... but, sadly, in fundieland boundaries are not healthy.

There is another theory, too. A very simple one. He was blind because he was soooo in love. Time goes by, honeymoon finishes and he starts to see the real Erin, with her good and her bad (including her ridiculous taste in names). He has less patience and starts being sarcastic. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Chad was a Bates servant. He adored Erin, but he always looked exhausted, full time working and doing Erin's projects and whatever Gil and Kelly wanted. In this forum, everybody said he needed to stop that. Then, Chad and Erin became even fundier, went to mariage retreats (maybe there was some crisis?) and closed he YT channel. Erin was very sad about closing YT, which was obviously Chad's idea. I have the feeling that at some point, Chad had to set boundaries... but, sadly, in fundieland boundaries are not healthy.

There is another theory, too. A very simple one. He was blind because he was soooo in love. Time goes by, honeymoon finishes and he starts to see the real Erin, with her good and her bad (including her ridiculous taste in names). He has less patience and starts being sarcastic. 

Yeah I see either possibility here.   Or a mix of both.  I honestly hated seeing him be a "Bates servant" and felt he was seriously being taken advantage of by Erin and her folks.   I remember someone here saying that could pose some problems as he seemed completely exhausted and looking annoyed.  

Add in dealing with ridiculous kid names might just have put him over the edge into full blown, out in the open sarcasm.

• Upvote 5