IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

I think he’s gone from being a Bates servant to an Erin servant. She thinks she can just ask him to make a table or shelf or new countertop and he will do it right away. I doubt he’s used to that. I bet his mom was the more submissive type. 

• Upvote 5

I mean to be fair if my partner wanted to name our child any of those things my response would not be sensitive and sweet lol 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm not commenting either way on the right/wrong of their relationship.  Frankly I doubt it's even possible to have a healthy marriage in patriarchy.  We only see a small amount of it presented in what they want to show, but since previously he was always shown doing things for the family or around the house and being supportive... if this is the best they can show now seems like things really changed in their dynamic.  I wonder if taking care of her and the kids and meeting all family expectations pushed him over the edge, or medical bills, or what.  I'm sure we'll never know.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

36 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I mean to be fair if my partner wanted to name our child any of those things my response would not be sensitive and sweet lol 

My adorable hubby had horrible taste in names for our children. 

He is totally equipped to name our pets or vehicles, but could not be given free rein to name our children. I just could not have a son named Neutron or Fermi nor have a daughter named Nova or Feather. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Luckily my husband has very ordinary taste in names and liked the names I chose. Neither of us are into really unique or strange names. 

• Upvote 4

There was a girl in my class at school who went by her middle name. I think it was likely because her first name was very similar to her older sister’s first name. 
And yeah, Erin’s list of names is just… odd.

• Upvote 2

One of my friends is currently pregnant and she and her husband absolutely cannot agree on a name. They both have pretty strong personalities, so neither one wants to be the one to "back down" and compromise. Their older kids do have names, so apparently they were able to come to an agreement in the past, but this poor child may reach her first birthday without a name at the rate they're going. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

My husband wanted to name our daughter Valkyrie. I said no.

That’s the name taken by the main character in the Skulduggery Pleasant books. She’s very feisty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

My husband wanted to name our daughter Valkyrie. I said no.

Did you know a Jill’s niece used Valkyria? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Glad you went with a different name. Valkyrie has white supremacist vibes imo, unfortunately nowadays a lot of things from Norse mythology do

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Erin showed their bathroom before and after. I’m assuming it’s the master bath because they now have a large shower and not a shower/bath combo. Most kid bathrooms always have a tub. So I’m thinking this is Erin and Chad’s bathroom. It looks like your standard gray and white bathroom that literally everyone has nowadays. But I will say they should have put 2 sinks in the vanity. There was always only one sink but it’s a very large vanity. They replaced it with a large vanity that has plenty of room for 2 sinks but they didn’t put a second in. I only say this because they have 6 kids. And extra sinks are always needed in a house with 8 people. Someone always needs to wash hands, brush teeth, or wash faces. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin showed their bathroom before and after. I’m assuming it’s the master bath because they now have a large shower and not a shower/bath combo. Most kid bathrooms always have a tub. So I’m thinking this is Erin and Chad’s bathroom. It looks like your standard gray and white bathroom that literally everyone has nowadays. But I will say they should have put 2 sinks in the vanity. There was always only one sink but it’s a very large vanity. They replaced it with a large vanity that has plenty of room for 2 sinks but they didn’t put a second in. I only say this because they have 6 kids. And extra sinks are always needed in a house with 8 people. Someone always needs to wash hands, brush teeth, or wash faces. 

,,,We just painted our bathroom grey....It just looks so clean and none threating. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Longhairedheathen said:

,,,We just painted our bathroom grey....It just looks so clean and none threating. 

Mine is gray too. I have no problem with gray or white in general. But I stenciled colorful birds and flowers on my gray walls and have teal towels to liven it up. The problem with the Bateses is they make everything gray, white, beige, and tan. That’s about it. No other colors allowed. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/18/2023 at 9:31 PM, Keys said:

Can’t say I blame him… I made a face reading these. Probably the strangest name list I’ve seen, haha 

I agree with you. That said, Utah would like a word. 

On 8/18/2023 at 9:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

English Paine just sounds like they are describing Gordon Ramsey. 

If you have a last name that is a word, how that matches with the first name should be a major consideration! My last name knocked out so many names I liked because I wasn’t willing to subject my kid to what amounted to a descriptive phrase or sounding like a different word when said too fast together. But that shows consideration for my child as an actual person, not just a cute little accessory. 

My response to her name list was the eye rolling and thoughts of “She’s just so ‘twee.’” 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Rowan said:

I agree with you. That said, Utah would like a word. 

If you have a last name that is a word, how that matches with the first name should be a major consideration! My last name knocked out so many names I liked because I wasn’t willing to subject my kid to what amounted to a descriptive phrase or sounding like a different word when said too fast together. But that shows consideration for my child as an actual person, not just a cute little accessory. 

My response to her name list was the eye rolling and thoughts of “She’s just so ‘twee.’” 

I agree. Paine is a difficult one and you have to be very careful. Dick Paine? Nope. Ima Paine? Nope. English Paine? Nope.

• Haha 1

Maybe it’s due to Chad’s input of choosing the most normal names on the lists that Erin comes up with, but their kids’ names aren’t very “out there.” They’re trendy, popular names.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. Paine is a difficult one and you have to be very careful. Dick Paine? Nope. Ima Paine? Nope. English Paine? Nope.

Liam Payne has a Bear Payne. Not the best choice. 

• Upvote 1

Years ago when my parents were house hunting, we toured a house where a couple had two little girls. Their names were on the walls. The names were:

Patton Margaret… and Payne. 

I still can’t believe someone named their kid ‘pain.’

Also, I’ve mentioned this before on another thread. But I once knew a girl named Summer Camp. 

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Years ago when my parents were house hunting, we toured a house where a couple had two little girls. Their names were on the walls. The names were:

Patton Margaret… and Payne. 

I still can’t believe someone named their kid ‘pain.’

Maybe it sounds different for a male, but there was the golfer Payne Stewart. Payne was his mother’s maiden name.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Maybe it sounds different for a male, but there was the golfer Payne Stewart. Payne was his mother’s maiden name.

I think that if you want to honor the mother’s maiden name (Payne) it might just be best to make it a middle name. Of course some maiden names work very well as a first name. Like Elliot or Scott. But Payne seems like a better middle name. 

I know a woman with the maiden name Hardin who decided to use it as her daughter’s first name. I eventually got used to it, but I imagine that one presented her with some challenges. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that if you want to honor the mother’s maiden name (Payne) it might just be best to make it a middle name. Of course some maiden names work very well as a first name. Like Elliot or Scott. But Payne seems like a better middle name. 

Payne was Payne Stewart’s middle name! His first name was William which was his dad’s name.

• Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Payne was Payne Stewart’s middle name! His first name was William which was his dad’s name.

Oh god! Maybe he was a pain when he was little and that’s why it stuck.

• Haha 1