IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 12

Coconut Flan

I also think fundis with tons of children push things that make their lives easier and label it as more pleasing to God to eliminate guilt. If you have ten kids who want to play with friends and you have to drive them that takes time and makes your life harder. If you have ten kids who want to go out back and entertain themselves with siblings this makes your life easier. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

The girlchild protests too much...

Allison did the same before marriage. I think Liz loves that people say she looks like allison. When Allison was living at home, she probably loved doing whatever allison was doing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

They might be supporting desantis now, but if anyone else gets the republican nomination, they will vote for him. 

1A3EDFC5-56BA-4925-B174-436CF4C6FD5D.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I’m amazed by Liz’s perception of her father. When he comes off completely differently any time he speaks in public. Maybe she sees a different side of him. Or maybe it’s what she’s been told to believe. Either way, I’ve never seen his heart of humility. He actually seems the opposite. He seems to think he knows all and quite happy to let everyone know that he has all the answers. He doesn’t jump on new trends just because? That’s total bill. He happily jumped on the new trends of the “plandemic” and the trump train. He happily believed the conspiracy theory that the election was rigged and was at the capital in January 6th. He seems to be the complete opposite of her words. How sad. She sees her father the way he wants to be seen. Not the way the world sees him. 

6AD766FE-6EE3-4495-BE0F-D35D7FD5326F.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

She sees him how she's been taught to see him and she's never had enough space to get a wider perspective.

Maybe if she married one day (not to a bowers or Helferich), she would see a husband and father in law that were actually humble. Maybe then she would get a better picture of her father. But as long as she lives with them, she will see him the way he wants her to. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Florita said:

Carver Bowers has a girlfriend. It's all over his IG. Haley Paul.

Not Hannah Duggar, not Liz Bontrager.

We’ve known that for a little while now. 

• Upvote 1

YOU GUYS. 

Liz shared this graphic on her IG. These absolute imbeciles dare to have an opinion on something they know nothing about (I know, not anything new). Today’s evidence: “pray for Hamas”. They surely mean Palestine.

it takes a lot to surprise me, but she’s done it. Got damn. 

IMG_2535.jpeg

• WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

34 minutes ago, Margarita said:

YOU GUYS. 

Liz shared this graphic on her IG. These absolute imbeciles dare to have an opinion on something they know nothing about (I know, not anything new). Today’s evidence: “pray for Hamas”. They surely mean Palestine.

it takes a lot to surprise me, but she’s done it. Got damn. 

IMG_2535.jpeg

I think she shared something her friend posted and maybe didn’t read it well enough. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she shared something her friend posted and maybe didn’t read it well enough. 

Yes, I mentioned she shared it - her friend is tagged in it. I believe she read it and thinks it’s correct. She doesn’t know what/who Hamas is. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Yes, I mentioned she shared it - her friend is tagged in it. I believe she read it and thinks it’s correct. She doesn’t know what/who Hamas is. 

You are probably right. I doubt she keeps up with current world events. 

• Upvote 6

I doubt she is allowed to keep up with current events. I think because we see her posting on the internet we forget she isn’t allowed free reign of the internet. Anything Elizabeth is reading, anyone she is talking to, or anything she is seeing is completely censored. It’s much easier to control what someone believes when you are controlling everything else too. 

• Upvote 9

She is such a Pollyanna she probably read it and thought we should pray for Hamas so they will see the error of their ways and be better.. as though that is the answer to hundreds of years of conflict

• Upvote 4

In my world it's hard to imagine that men are looking for women like Elizabeth Bontrager to marry. She seems so shallow and not really very bright. I know she's been deprived of a normal life, but I really hate that know-it-all-but-has-no-experience personality of hers. It's frightening to think about who is attracted to that kind of sheltered young woman. Just the lack of knowledge about what Hamas is is terrifying. 

My daughter and I were talking about what women like us want in a life partner. Someone like a Bontrager is definitely not it. We both said that we could never marry a non-reader, for example. She at 26 complains a lot about many guys her age who don't know how to start and maintain an interesting conversation.  So I can't imagine what the fundie ones are like - all Jesus all the time, I guess. She has her eye on someone right now who is not like that, but there are very few of them out there evidently.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Caroline said:

In my world it's hard to imagine that men are looking for women like Elizabeth Bontrager to marry. She seems so shallow and not really very bright. I know she's been deprived of a normal life, but I really hate that know-it-all-but-has-no-experience personality of hers. It's frightening to think about who is attracted to that kind of sheltered young woman. Just the lack of knowledge about what Hamas is is terrifying. 

My daughter and I were talking about what women like us want in a life partner. Someone like a Bontrager is definitely not it. We both said that we could never marry a non-reader, for example. She at 26 complains a lot about many guys her age who don't know how to start and maintain an interesting conversation.  So I can't imagine what the fundie ones are like - all Jesus all the time, I guess. She has her eye on someone right now who is not like that, but there are very few of them out there evidently.

Unfortunately I imagine a Bowers or Helferich boy would be plenty interested in Liz. Ugh.

• Upvote 5

I can't imagine sharing my life with a fundie but I imagine there are plenty of fundie boys who would be interested in Liz. She has styled herself as an iconic fundie girl. 

* she has a MLM - the standard go to for fundie women when they realize that a single income might not be enough to support a growing family and it is a job that they can convince themselves is not a job (which is true in the sense that most people lose money when they join an MLM)

* she knows how to cook, garden, clean and care for children - all the things a fundie man would expect her to take care of

* she will obey instantly and will be cheerfully available

* she is pretty and dresses in a fundie approved manner and her mother and older sisters have a track record of being fertile so Liz likely will too - again a prerequisite for a quiverfull minded man

I think she will be like Alison for the most part but I do think she will marry younger than Alison did. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, sleepygirl1 said:

So do we think Elizabeth will get married to a Helferich or Bowers?

I truly hope not. But there are single Bowers and Helferich boys for her to possibly marry one day. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I truly hope not. But there are single Bowers and Helferich boys for her to possibly marry one day. 

I think if she doesn't snag a beau in the next 12 months we'll see the desperation level cranked up to 11.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

She turns 20 in December.

How old is her remaining unmarried brother? The sons seem to get married at a younger age than the daughters. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

How old is her remaining unmarried brother? The sons seem to get married at a younger age than the daughters. 

I think Hudson just turned 18.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Hannie Duggar and Hudson are almost the exact same age and Hannie seems to be quite close with Liz I hope those two don’t start courting. 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic