IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 12

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So here’s the problem with being a submissive fundie wife. Allison, what if you r husband wasn’t ok with you resting instead of doing housework? Because not all men are exactly like your husband. What if a friend of yours was in the same situation? But her husband was upset she didn’t do housework? What if he thought it wasn’t a good enough excuse? Your friend would have to do what her husband said. That’s what kills me about fundies like allison. Their perfect husbands are so caring and loving and blah blah blah. So submitting to their husband is no problem. But what about the women who aren’t married to husbands exactly like yours? Are they screwed? Are they to live their miserable lives in submission? Are you better than them because they got a divorce? 

6FF98A00-B498-4F22-8AC3-DB4AF066BC63.jpeg

I bet she's pregnant and that's why he's fine with her "resting." Plus, how much "rest" is she getting with two toddlers even if she's not pregnant?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

31 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I bet she's pregnant and that's why he's fine with her "resting." Plus, how much "rest" is she getting with two toddlers even if she's not pregnant?

I’m betting she’s pregnant. And I bet she’s not actually resting much but still feeling guilty about it. That’s a real issue with the Amish/mennonite. They are the OGs of hustle culture. They never seem to rest. It’s all work work work. I bet she feels guilty anytime she rests and isn’t reading the Bible. That’s the only time rest is probably allowed. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m betting she’s pregnant. And I bet she’s not actually resting much but still feeling guilty about it. 

Her daughter is 13 months, right? Born last November? Yeah, she's probably due in April or May

• Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Her daughter is 13 months, right? Born last November? Yeah, she's probably due in April or May

Yeah I bet she’s in the first trimester. When you are tired and nauseated all the time. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I bet that last line about her health is due to Chelsy. I bet Chelsy’s very serious health issues during childbirth made allison realize she’s not willing to die to be quiverful. It’s easy to claim to accept every single blessing. But if you see your sister’s health struggle first hand, it changes things. 

B777112A-9834-4D73-A32F-46D3BAE6E669.jpeg

• Upvote 11

I thought this was interesting. I wonder how much she believes this. What if one of her siblings put their kids in public school? Would her parents really keep their noses out of it? I doubt it. 

DDB6CD07-5887-4069-8970-504F89FD5BCD.jpeg

• Upvote 7

On 12/8/2023 at 6:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

So here’s the problem with being a submissive fundie wife. Allison, what if you r husband wasn’t ok with you resting instead of doing housework? Because not all men are exactly like your husband. What if a friend of yours was in the same situation? But her husband was upset she didn’t do housework? What if he thought it wasn’t a good enough excuse? Your friend would have to do what her husband said. That’s what kills me about fundies like allison. Their perfect husbands are so caring and loving and blah blah blah. So submitting to their husband is no problem. But what about the women who aren’t married to husbands exactly like yours? Are they screwed? Are they to live their miserable lives in submission? Are you better than them because they got a divorce? 

6FF98A00-B498-4F22-8AC3-DB4AF066BC63.jpeg

I interpret this one a bit differently because some years ago the mantra was "rested and ready" and it came from one of the weird marriage books. I don't recall which one. I don't think she's talking about being rested, in general. She's talking about being rested in order to be in the mood for sex with her husband.

Someone please correct me if I have this wrong. It's one of those phrases that could be taken at face value but I think has a slightly different meaning in fundie world.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2

I’m posting some good news. Remember how the bontrager’s church always did a big live animal production every Christmas? Well I’m happy to report that there must not be a production this year. The church always posts a bunch of announcements, info,  and pics. But there’s nothing this year. In years past, it was reported that the show wasn’t very sensitive to Jewish people. I believe there was a conversion from Judaism to Christianity in it. So the fact that they aren’t doing the show is a good thing in my opinion. If they do the show again, let’s hope they rewrite it and get rid of the most offensive parts. 

• Upvote 13

Carver posted a picture of the two Boners Families. Haven’t seen them in awhile.

2EA3156B-E7FD-4A72-87B6-60CD44BEB9A4.jpeg

So currently the 4 that got married in 2017 have the same family makeups. 

Chelsy: 2 boys then a girl

Mitch: 2 boys then a girl

Carson: 2 girls then a boy

Josh: 2 boys then a girl

Allison broke the family pattern by having a boy then a girl. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver posted a picture of the two Boners Families. Haven’t seen them in awhile.

Nice armpit stain Curtis.  Joshua Bontrager still makes me want to puke.

2 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Nice armpit stain Curtis.  Joshua Bontrager still makes me want to puke.

I think Christian has a stain too. It must’ve been a hot day for pics. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2023 at 7:35 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m posting some good news. Remember how the bontrager’s church always did a big live animal production every Christmas? Well I’m happy to report that there must not be a production this year. The church always posts a bunch of announcements, info,  and pics. But there’s nothing this year. In years past, it was reported that the show wasn’t very sensitive to Jewish people. I believe there was a conversion from Judaism to Christianity in it. So the fact that they aren’t doing the show is a good thing in my opinion. If they do the show again, let’s hope they rewrite it and get rid of the most offensive parts. 

Busily rewriting--

https://marionavenuebaptist.com/christmas-show

image.thumb.png.8c91579d775c9eb7f5fb279541fcdf91.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

The Boners! 😂This typo made me laugh out loud!

I’ve got the sense of humor of a 12 year old so I’ve been calling the Bontrager/Bowers couples the Boners since they got married. It’s perfect because you just take the first three letters on Bontragers and the last three letters of Bowers and you get the Boners 😛

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks to the family members who post photos of those not on social media. Caldwells did it with the Joe/Kendra family, and the Bowers are doing it here. Nice to confirm all the secret babies.

The every pther year pattern makes predictions easy for the Bontrager family. No babies last year, so I’m predicting everyone has a baby in 2024. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, postscript said:

Thanks to the family members who post photos of those not on social media. Caldwells did it with the Joe/Kendra family, and the Bowers are doing it here. Nice to confirm all the secret babies.

The every pther year pattern makes predictions easy for the Bontrager family. No babies last year, so I’m predicting everyone has a baby in 2024. 

It’s so weird how the Boners couples are so in sync with each other. And they have kids at such similar times. So much so that their first kids were less than 12 hours apart. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so weird how the Boners couples are so in sync with each other. And they have kids at such similar times. So much so that their first kids were less than 12 hours apart. 

It's creepy AF. I wonder how long it lasts. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

It's creepy AF. I wonder how long it lasts. 

I wish we knew how close their third children were. Their second children were a few months apart. But it seemed the thirds were closer together since they were both due in the summer. 

You know what else they did the same? They named their first two children with the same initial and then the third has a different initial. Jubilee, Jemima, Spurgeon and Wallace, Winston, and Lillian. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Please don’t give them overpriced mlm crap instead of candy. Save some money and give them a fucking Reese’s Christmas Tree. So weird.

A5BC4E9C-F908-4EB0-9150-E06CC6297322.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 8

Meanwhile, Liz is nurturing her brother’s manhood again: 

Spoiler

IMG_8098.thumb.png.58b6cff16234b3dc556e0a6fe86745e1.png

And yeah, I threw up a little in my mouth typing this 🤢

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 4

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Holy Rufus, these Ninxia pouches are expensive!! Like, $4 each. https://www.amazon.com/Young-Living-NingXia-Packs-Count/dp/B009KP6RMG

I know! They are ridiculous. That’s why I said she should save her money and buy them a Reese’s tree. Because it’s cheaper and the kids would like it better. 

I posted a video upthread I’m sure no one watched because I understand not wanting to take the time to watch videos. But it would make all of you completely irate if you watch it. The mother is an MLM Hun. She posted a video on social media asking her kids if they wanted one of the pouches or if they wanted candy. She has 4 children. The older two knew they were being tested. They knew the answer was the pouch. But the younger 2 who are like 4 and 2 wanted the candy. The mom kept saying things like, are you sure? It’s not good for you and you’ll get a belly ache. And the kids still wanted it. The mom checked in later and reported that one of them had peed her pants even though she was doing well with potty training previously. And she blamed her peeing her pants on the candy. The woman was heinous. She was basically like, “told you so! You should have chosen the pouch!” She was such a nasty mother for setting her kids up like that and then shaming them on social media. I’m sure Liz saw that woman’s post and thought, “I’ll give them pouches instead of candy because it’s obviously so much better.” 🙄

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 2

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know! They are ridiculous. That’s why I said she should save her money and buy them a Reese’s tree. Because it’s cheaper and the kids would like it better. 

I posted a video upthread I’m sure no one watched because I understand not wanting to take the time to watch videos. But it would make all of you completely irate if you watch it. The mother is an MLM Hun. She posted a video on social media asking her kids if they wanted one of the pouches or if they wanted candy. She has 4 children. The older two knew they were being tested. They knew the answer was the pouch. But the younger 2 who are like 4 and 2 wanted the candy. The mom kept saying things like, are you sure? It’s not good for you and you’ll get a belly ache. And the kids still wanted it. The mom checked in later and reported that one of them had peed her pants even though she was doing well with potty training previously. And she blamed her peeing her pants on the candy. The woman was heinous. She was basically like, “told you so! You should have chosen the pouch!” She was such a nasty mother for setting her kids up like that and then shaming them on social media. I’m sure Liz saw that woman’s post and thought, “I’ll give them pouches instead of candy because it’s obviously so much better.” 🙄

I know I'm preaching to the choir but that's literally abuse! Like...that mother is advocating harming her children in order to teach them a life lesson. What the everloving fuck! And these people think I have no morals because I don't believe their scriptures. How despicable!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

On 12/25/2023 at 8:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The unsung heroes of fundie snark are the people brave enough to look at people’s social medias. Especially since no one really blogs anymore.

• Upvote 9

5 minutes ago, SwimmerBoy29 said:

The unsung heroes of fundie snark are the people brave enough to look at people’s social medias. Especially since no one really blogs anymore.

It’s the only way! And this was on Instagram stories. So it was only 24 hours. Things are easily missed due to instagram stories being only 24 hours. I find it annoying that I have to look at these peoples instagrams all the time. You have to wade through SO MUCH crap. 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic