IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 12

Coconut Flan

I just thought of something. Liz and Hannie have been close friends for a couple of years now. I wonder what Hannie thinks of the Bontrager brother worship. Hannie would never take Bontrager advice and “date” her brothers or hold Josh’s opinion in high esteem. It’s amazing that Liz and Allison don’t see the situation with their family friends and think, “oh yeah, there are some brothers you should never worship, date, or even trust.”

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

This is total BEC and I can't see the rest of her outfit, but the fabric for Hannie's top looks too casual for a wedding.

• Upvote 5

Perhaps she is a potential match for Elizabeth's one remaining "brother-friend"?? How old is the unmarried brother, how old is Hannie?🤔

49 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Perhaps she is a potential match for Elizabeth's one remaining "brother-friend"?? How old is the unmarried brother, how old is Hannie?🤔

Hudson and Hannie were born 5 days apart. 

They will be 18 in October.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hudson and Hannie were born 5 days apart. 

They will be 18 in October.

Thank you, I should look it up myself but am too lazy!🤦🏽‍♀️🙃😅

11 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Thank you, I should look it up myself but am too lazy!🤦🏽‍♀️🙃😅

I do think JB would approve a Bontrager marrying one of his daughters. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

It’s funny, but I feel the least bad for Chelsea in her marriage. It’s crazy to think that the maxwells could be the least crazy of all the bonts in laws! 

also, the dress looks the best on Rebecca. This seems like a dress that flatters a young girl but not someone who is no longer a small teen.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

13 minutes ago, Brittany15 said:

It’s funny, but I feel the least bad for Chelsea in her marriage. It’s crazy to think that the maxwells could be the least crazy of all the bonts in laws! 

also, the dress looks the best on Rebecca. This seems like a dress that flatters a young girl but not someone who is no longer a small teen.

It seems like Chelsy isn’t totally and completely dominated by her husband. 

• Upvote 10

On 8/15/2023 at 10:40 AM, Brittany15 said:

Reversal baby things. John was sick of his family’s shit.

I also think Chelsy had a big impact on the sisters. She’s so outgoing and has such a vibrant social life… She and Allison used to go everywhere. It was the fundie version of girl power.

As for the dresses… Yeah, those dresses are bad enough that if I didn’t know better I’d think Liz was pregnant.

I like them in theory… They have pioneer vibes, but the execution is atrocious.

• Upvote 9

It’s sort of crazy how much these 4 look alike. I’ve never looked closely at the Helferich parents. But I’m wondering if they are like Pris and Pecan and look like brother and sister. 

CEC1DC05-35C8-4E09-BA36-C6AE1402E6C7.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

18 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Can someone ID the girls? I don't even know which one is Praise. 

Since they aren’t looking at the camera, I can’t. Praise is easy for me because she has an eye tooth that is prominent in her smile. It sticks out a bit and it’s easy to tell it’s her when she smiles but I can’t see all their teeth in the pics. Praise:

C322A5AB-1C06-4BB3-A74B-96ED91984217.jpeg

• Upvote 1

All the girls except one are facing left, so the snaggletooth isn't visible. I think Praise is on the right. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Having very few toys is probably easy now that she only has a toddler and a baby. My kids played with pots and pans and random stuff around the house at that age. However as her kids get older and she keeps having baby after baby, she will have more toys. A 7 year old won’t want to play with pots and pans. He will probably want legos or sports equipment. I hope she’s willing to evolve as her family evolves. 

BA115AE0-ACAB-4DFE-B746-6A3DFF3ACF03.jpeg

• Upvote 8

Liz's Q and As she puts out regularly and her wanting to know what people are doing each day speaks more of her loneliness than anything else for me. She goes and babysits 8 kids for something to do, and her young living business posts EVERY DAY just scream that she is lonely and desperate for something to do... 

Not being able or allowed to work at the hotel (which I'm assuming Mitchell and Brynn still look after?) must be a real bummer in her 'single stage'. 

Most kids would go to college, even a Christian College, and spend these in-between years busy rather than trying to find jobs to fill her time. 

Edited by no fun funddie
mispelling
  • Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, no fun funddie said:

Liz's Q and As she puts out regularly and her wanting to know what people are doing each day speaks more of her loneliness than anything else for me. She goes and babysits 8 kids for something to do, and her young living business posts EVERY DAY just scream that she is lonely and desperate for something to do... 

Not being able or allowed to work at the hotel (which I'm assuming Mitchell and Brynn still look after?) must be a real bummer in her 'single stage'. 

Most kids would go to college, even a Christian College, and spend these in-between years busy rather than trying to find jobs to fill her time. 

The thing is, Amish unmarried girls are usually allowed to work. But maybe their touring schedule means she can’t get a regular job outside of the family. I could see her loving a job at a local coffee shop or a bakery. 

• Upvote 9

Not to change the subject but I’m kinda surprised they haven’t married off Charlie yet. Like he’s 24 and and not bad looking at all. Have they alluded to anything being up with him or is it just that they’ve married all of their kids off to one family and don’t know where to go there?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SwimmerBoy29 said:

Not to change the subject but I’m kinda surprised they haven’t married off Charlie yet. Like he’s 24 and and not bad looking at all. Have they alluded to anything being up with him or is it just that they’ve married all of their kids off to one family and don’t know where to go there?

Charlie isn’t as public as Carver. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s had a relationship before and we didn’t know it. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, no fun funddie said:

I wish she could at least take some online classes--even free ones! Or volunteer somewhere in Kalona.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wish she could at least take some online classes--even free ones! Or volunteer somewhere in Kalona.

I think she likely volunteers a lot for their church. Many young unmarried fundie women seem to. I wouldn’t be surprised if she watched the pastor’s kids for free. The poor girl just needs to get out of her bubble and meet some new people. They travel all over the place but she’s only meeting people who think just like them or Mennonites. 

• Upvote 8

I do not want to hear one word about Helferich sexytimes, thank you very much.

image.png.3c5173500c4b57cb5992a4820c129bd7.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It’s such a random list.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Don’t turn into Bethany Beal! She is the current fundie queen of TMI. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:43 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s sort of crazy how much these 4 look alike. I’ve never looked closely at the Helferich parents. But I’m wondering if they are like Pris and Pecan and look like brother and sister. 

CEC1DC05-35C8-4E09-BA36-C6AE1402E6C7.jpeg

From left to right...

Lydia, Ana, susanna, praise

• Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic