IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

As the Clarks return from yet another extended family vacation, I was pondering their home location. When they were first married, Travis was still in school, so it was a given that they had to live in NJ. When he finished, I thought that he would have an official role in the family church/school, but it seems that he doesn’t. He is still the star of the Clark Family band though. But now that they have stated that Travis and Katie are now depending on social media and his music for their income, they could possibly move to TN. The thing is, Travis is even more enmeshed in his family than Katie is in hers. I think the Clarks would majorly guilt trip Travis if he even mentioned the possibility of moving. Not that I think Travis would even want to move. Maybe now that Travis and Hailey are basically with Katie 24/7, she’s more comfortable in NJ and doesn’t feel the homesickness as much. Anyway, it had just occurred to me that NJ is now much more of a choice for them than a necessity. I suppose the official role for Travis in the church/school could come when his father and uncle near retirement age, so he’d want to hang around until then.

• Upvote 1

I would want to live by his family as well. His parents are obsessed with their kid and dog and always available to babysit. They know how to care for the dog, even acting at the birth. Her family is a giant mess and don't care for animals the same... or children!  Yes, all of the grandparents have terrible beliefs but I am talking about the literal aspects of babysitting safely. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

I would want to live by his family as well. His parents are obsessed with their kid and dog and always available to babysit. They know how to care for the dog, even acting at the birth. Her family is a giant mess and don't care for animals the same... or children!  Yes, all of the grandparents have terrible beliefs but I am talking about the literal aspects of babysitting safely. 

But the problem with his family is basically the opposite of the Bateses. The Clarks can meddle in their lives way more than the Bateses. Which makes me uncomfortable. I wonder how much say they have in their lives. I assume most of Travis’s money comes from the family. Katie can make her own money through social media. Which is good. But I think he likely makes the most money in the house and they rely on his parents for it. What happens when they make a decision Pa Clark doesn’t like? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 8/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t care about how the bikini looks on a baby. It’s more about coverage. Baby skin is sensitive. Just cover it up so you need less sunscreen and less likely to burn those parts. I said the same thing on Carlin’s thread. 

But I will point out that I don’t like the double standard of putting a baby in a bikini and then nor allowing that same child to wear a bikini at 15 because she’s developed boobs and a butt. It’s not fair to punish a kid for going through puberty. I think puberty is punishment enough 😂

Totally agree. Also, any creeper who's going to sexualize a child will do it regardless of what kind of swimsuit they're wearing. Maybe it's from becoming middle-aged, but I have just lost all fucking patience with vitctim-blaming.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I have to say I kind of laughed in Katie’s recent Instagram story where Travis was saying he has a “bad cold” and doesn’t understand why because it’s the summertime, or maybe it’s allergies. I wonder if they know that Covid cases are high right now. Not to mention they’ve just been travelling…

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I think after the initial adjustment, Katie is happy in NJ and has no desire to go back to TN. I think she thrives on the attention the Clark’s give them. His mom slept on their couch to help with the baby, his family treated the:o vacations and buys her expensive baby items to suit her whims and they dote on Hailey. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, gobucks said:

His father in law touched a boy in a very uncomfortably way. There is a video of that. He has showed other awful behaviours and basically, seems unable to respect other people boundaries. Frankly, I wouldn't trust him around my kid. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

What stuck out to me on their last stories was the consumerism (I know this has been discussed before), Katie had several boxes of stuff awaiting her on their return.  They all present their homes as tidy and clutter-free, it makes we wonder how long they actually keep stuff before discarding it.  I do hope they at least donate items such as clothing, and wonder if any of them have hoarding tendencies, I sometimes imagine they have a room or closet full of all their stuff that they don't show publicly. I can't imagine how much space they need in the bathroom for the amount of makeup and haircare products they use.

Well, they did also mention a lot of medical bills, do they use Scameritan insurance, if not also makes me wonder what insurance they have.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

What stuck out to me on their last stories was the consumerism (I know this has been discussed before), Katie had several boxes of stuff awaiting her on their return.  They all present their homes as tidy and clutter-free, it makes we wonder how long they actually keep stuff before discarding it.  I do hope they at least donate items such as clothing, and wonder if any of them have hoarding tendencies, I sometimes imagine they have a room or closet full of all their stuff that they don't show publicly. I can't imagine how much space they need in the bathroom for the amount of makeup and haircare products they use.

Well, they did also mention a lot of medical bills, do they use Scameritan insurance, if not also makes me wonder what insurance they have.

Even donating today doesn’t seem to fix the problem. Because thrift stores are filled to the max with fast fashion. And a lot of people who frequent them don’t want fast fashion. So they still end up in a landfill. It’s crazy.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even donating today doesn’t seem to fix the problem. Because thrift stores are filled to the max with fast fashion. And a lot of people who frequent them don’t want fast fashion. So they still end up in a landfill. It’s crazy.

Was thinking the same while typing.

• Upvote 3

One of the boxes she opened was a box of socks/stockings and hair bows for Hailey. There were 4-5 bows and literally 15-20 pairs of socks in there. And I’m quite sure she already has multiple hair bows and socks. The consumerism, and promotion of consumerism, with the Bates is absolutely wild. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, Keys said:

One of the boxes she opened was a box of socks/stockings and hair bows for Hailey. There were 4-5 bows and literally 15-20 pairs of socks in there. And I’m quite sure she already has multiple hair bows and socks. The consumerism, and promotion of consumerism, with the Bates is absolutely wild. 

I don't have kids so didn't want to comment on the socks, but was thinking to myself, how many pairs of socks does a baby need, the baby will grow out of them before she can wear them all.  I know babies go through more clothing changes in a day than older kids as a result of diaper blowouts, feeding messes, etc., but still.  I'm thinking if the next baby is a girl Katie will want the latest in baby fashion and accessories so won't save Hallie's stuff for the next baby.🤔🙃

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Keys said:

But this is how the Bates sisters (Alyssa, Carlin, Josie and Katie) and sisters-in-law (Whitney, Tiffany and Lydia) make a living right? They unbox something on social media that they received for free, tag the company and then get a discount code where they have their followers buy the product and they receive a percentage. Selling baby products, baby clothes, skin care products, women’s clothes, makeup, hair care products, home products like Mix Tile frames or security systems, educational products like Abeka...this is their job. Some of the stuff they’ll use, some they’ll regift, some they’ll resell.

I’m pretty frugal and probably not very generous. Even if I was a fan, I would have a hard time buying products through them to support their lifestyles which are more extravagant than my own. At first the premise seemed to be “buy this stuff so we can be SAHMs and homeschool our kids.” Now it’s to support their awesome vacations, homes and vehicles.

Recently, Jill Dillard was on IG saying how much she like Albanese gummies. The next week, she received a box full of free Albanese products from the company. Buy your own damn candy!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

But this is how the Bates sisters (Alyssa, Carlin, Josie and Katie) and sisters-in-law (Whitney, Tiffany and Lydia) make a living right? They unbox something on social media that they received for free, tag the company and then get a discount code where they have their followers buy the product and they receive a percentage. Selling baby products, baby clothes, skin care products, women’s clothes, makeup, hair care products, home products like Mix Tile frames or security systems, educational products like Abeka...this is their job. Some of the stuff they’ll use, some they’ll regift, some they’ll resell.

I’m pretty frugal and probably not very generous. Even if I was a fan, I would have a hard time buying products through them to support their lifestyles which are more extravagant than my own. At first the premise seemed to be “buy this stuff so we can be SAHMs and homeschool our kids.” Now it’s to support their awesome vacations, homes and vehicles.

Recently, Jill Dillard was on IG saying how much she like Albanese gummies. The next week, she received a box full of free Albanese products from the company. Buy your own damn candy!

I understand this, and it infuriates me.  I guess there's no hope for one of them to actually have a career as a result of going to college and getting a degree in a subject they are actually interested in. Oh, I know they did go to college,  and Michael has a nursing degree, but she doesn't have a career in nursing, and if she had kid, she most likely wouldn't have gone to school to get the nursing degree.  I wish there was hope for one of the grandchildren to do so, but not likely I know. So disgusting considering Kelly and Gil went to college and have degrees. At least the kids are making a living and not grifting, but it still infuriates me.

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

I don't have kids so didn't want to comment on the socks, but was thinking to myself, how many pairs of socks does a baby need, the baby will grow out of them before she can wear them all.  I know babies go through more clothing changes in a day than older kids as a result of diaper blowouts, feeding messes, etc., but still.  I'm thinking if the next baby is a girl Katie will want the latest in baby fashion and accessories so won't save Hallie's stuff for the next baby.🤔🙃

I don’t know about anyone else, but I know in my house that socks and hair elastics seem to fall into a black hole. I have bought hundreds of both and can never find any! We are constantly scrambling to find even a single pair of socks.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

On 8/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, JDuggs said:

As the Clarks return from yet another extended family vacation, I was pondering their home location. When they were first married, Travis was still in school, so it was a given that they had to live in NJ. When he finished, I thought that he would have an official role in the family church/school, but it seems that he doesn’t. He is still the star of the Clark Family band though. But now that they have stated that Travis and Katie are now depending on social media and his music for their income, they could possibly move to TN. The thing is, Travis is even more enmeshed in his family than Katie is in hers. I think the Clarks would majorly guilt trip Travis if he even mentioned the possibility of moving. Not that I think Travis would even want to move. Maybe now that Travis and Hailey are basically with Katie 24/7, she’s more comfortable in NJ and doesn’t feel the homesickness as much. Anyway, it had just occurred to me that NJ is now much more of a choice for them than a necessity. I suppose the official role for Travis in the church/school could come when his father and uncle near retirement age, so he’d want to hang around until then.

If they still had a show, I bet they would find "God leading them" to move to Tennessee. 

• I Agree 4

On 8/27/2023 at 7:22 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I know in my house that socks and hair elastics seem to fall into a black hole. I have bought hundreds of both and can never find any! We are constantly scrambling to find even a single pair of socks.

For socks, I try very hard to buy packs of socks that all look the same. Of course my kids still have some fun colorful socks. But I’ve found that my life is a million times easier if I buy a pack of white socks. Because if I lose one sock, it’s no big deal. All the socks match each other. And it’s quicker when doing laundry. Because matching socks is made easier and quicker. 

I typically lose hair elastics thanks to my stinker kitty who thinks they are toys. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

For socks, I try very hard to buy packs of socks that all look the same. Of course my kids still have some fun colorful socks. But I’ve found that my life is a million times easier if I buy a pack of white socks. Because if I lose one sock, it’s no big deal. All the socks match each other. And it’s quicker when doing laundry. Because matching socks is made easier and quicker. 

I typically lose hair elastics thanks to my stinker kitty who thinks they are toys. 

A few years ago there was a trend amongst my Brownies and Guides (ages 7-14 ish) of wearing mismatched socks and I thought, what a wonderful way to reduce the workload of laundry!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, medimus said:

A few years ago there was a trend amongst my Brownies and Guides (ages 7-14 ish) of wearing mismatched socks and I thought, what a wonderful way to reduce the workload of laundry!

Yes! I’m glad there are kids who are fine with mismatched socks! It really helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

For years as a tween and teen my son wore different cuts of socks together. So black or white no shows on 1 foot and an ankle length or crew on the other foot. Oh well.

• Haha 2

I wonder if Katie buys so much because she had so little as a kid. My parents were extremely frugal when I was growing up and I had to wear all of my sister’s outgrown clothes even if they were patched, worn out, totally out of style and often had pant legs and sleeves that were too short. Needless to say, I got bullied. They didn’t want me to be spoiled with too many toys or books so I had way less than my sister as they assumed she would eventually pass them down. I’m bad with money and over spend on my daughter and niece so that they don’t experience this. 

• I Agree 1
  • Love 12

On 8/31/2023 at 11:45 PM, Expectopatronus said:

I wonder if Katie buys so much because she had so little as a kid.

Could be. But I guess it’s also so easy for them to get all this stuff for free. There are soooo many cute baby and kids clothes. I usually resist buying them because you can spend ridiculous amounts of money that way and it just doesn’t make sense for babies and toddlers who grow so fast and somehow manage to spill stuff and get stains on anything new within seconds. But if you get it all for free because you’re an influencer, it takes a lot to say no, especially when you grew up poor.

Edit: I still think it’s a horrible waste of resources - because they encourage all their followers to buy, buy, BUY all this stuff that likely won’t ever be used, or will be used only once and then tossed aside for the next new purchase.

Edited by GreenBeans
  • Upvote 4

Y'all I'm positive that you noticed this however I noticed it recently lol 😆

I was re-watching season 10 episode 10 , when travis went to the boutique to surprise Katie for the proposal, and I was like she should have been the one wearing the white dress that Josie was modelling especially that it looked more dressy than the rest of the sister's outfits. 

then they went to Florida and he was about to propose and I was like wait it's the same dress 😅 idk, i felt that they should have given her her moment to shine in such special time instead of giving her an outfit that was worn by someone else on the same episode. 

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-05at1_07_55am.thumb.png.f92835a4a899251dda5622b8d95ddc2d.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-05at1_00_58am.thumb.png.e996194730322530aedcada0f89c3264.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-05at1_01_10am.thumb.png.34778d9d4e1bf1ee53a500215a8a2b82.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-05at1_12_19am.thumb.png.6024c2642fa4fda23bb031dd8003b844.png

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-09-05at12_50_19am.thumb.png.2eb3ee75b23ac66589cc0031cec9b401.png

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

They must be hurting for content for their YouTube. This week, they told people to buy Native deodorant and wasted money ordering whatever the people in front of them ordered at several fast food places. They go to Burger King and Katie whines that they used to use horse meat (???) and she hates it. She spits out the chicken fries and spits out a Taco Bell taco because she thinks they have gross meat. They also go to Starbucks and complain that neither of them like coffee when they get their order. Riveting content. I wish had $100 to throw away for no reason.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, gobucks said:

They must be hurting for content for their YouTube. This week, they told people to buy Native deodorant and wasted money ordering whatever the people in front of them ordered at several fast food places. They go to Burger King and Katie whines that they used to use horse meat (???) and she hates it. She spits out the chicken fries and spits out a Taco Bell taco because she thinks they have gross meat. They also go to Starbucks and complain that neither of them like coffee when they get their order. Riveting content. I wish had $100 to throw away for no reason.

Katie has become quite a food snob based on what her family used to serve in the lean days of the Bates family. 

Here’s an example of Kelly posting a recipe. I don’t know how this is any worse or better than fast food:

63AF94EA-C206-4D5D-95AA-B0A80F08C6D5.jpeg

• Upvote 3