IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

Today's video... Hailey plays in the snow. Remi goes to the groomer. Travis cleans while Katie rests "because she isn't feel well". They get Hailey's first haircut. Insert Bluland cleaning commercial. No idea why she needs to go to a place when her mom went to school for haircutting. Katie literally cries for 30 minutes that she is growing up too fast after the haircut. They followed up with urology. They said 40% of the kidney stone was from pregnancy dehydration. Going forward, they gave her dietary restrictions, including lowering her salt intake. She will follow up with them in 6 months to see if any new ones have formed. They mentioned it could be hereditary, but her parents haven't ever had kidney stones. 

The resting and the crying are giving pregnancy vibes but alas, you never know with these people. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

37 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Today's video... Hailey plays in the snow. Remi goes to the groomer. Travis cleans while Katie rests "because she isn't feel well". They get Hailey's first haircut. Insert Bluland cleaning commercial. No idea why she needs to go to a place when her mom went to school for haircutting. Katie literally cries for 30 minutes that she is growing up too fast after the haircut. They followed up with urology. They said 40% of the kidney stone was from pregnancy dehydration. Going forward, they gave her dietary restrictions, including lowering her salt intake. She will follow up with them in 6 months to see if any new ones have formed. They mentioned it could be hereditary, but her parents haven't ever had kidney stones. 

The resting and the crying are giving pregnancy vibes but alas, you never know with these people. 

I went for cosmetology and had someone else cut my kids hair for their first. It's more because I wanted to be the one to take pictures of it happening and not be the one to cut it for their very first haircut. After that I cut his hair

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

My oldest was so bald for so long that he didn’t get his first haircut until he was 2! I think it made me slightly teary eyed. But no actual crying. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

She'd be crazy to be pregnant now so close to her kidney stone procedure...but as you say, you never know. 

• Upvote 14

18 hours ago, EmiSue said:

She'd be crazy to be pregnant now so close to her kidney stone procedure...but as you say, you never know. 

Could be sick because of the kidney stones

• Upvote 4

There was an Instagram story within the last week in which she explicitly said she’s not currently pregnant. 

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Katie has a new video of basically nothing for her 184,000 subscribers:

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Katie has a new video of basically nothing for her 184,000 subscribers:

Just imagine how boring the Bates videos would be if they didn’t exploit their young children. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine how boring the Bates videos would be if they didn’t exploit their young children. 

They would be really really beige instead of just really beige.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They would be really really beige instead of just really beige.

They might be good for people who suffer from insomnia. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They might be good for people who suffer from insomnia. 

Or the color blind.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2024 at 3:27 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow- that baby looks so tired!!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hailey turns one on Saturday. Gil and Kelly are flying in for the party and Hailey's dedication at church on Sunday per Katie & Travis's new video.

• Upvote 5

I had to look up what a dedication is. Poor kid. I was somehow baptized in the Catholic church as an infant at my paternal grandmother's insistence (my mom was an agnostic and I doubt my dad gave a shit). After that, I went to Mass maybe a handful of times in my childhood, only at my nana's house. Are dedication and Catholic baptism similar?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

I had to look up what a dedication is. Poor kid. I was somehow baptized in the Catholic church as an infant at my paternal grandmother's insistence (my mom was an agnostic and I doubt my dad gave a shit). After that, I went to Mass maybe a handful of times in my childhood, only at my nana's house. Are dedication and Catholic baptism similar?

Churches that believe that a person has to choose for themselves to be baptized will offer dedications as a way to bless a baby or very young child and welcome them into the church. It doesn't have the same ties to salvation as baptism. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Hailey turns one on Saturday. Gil and Kelly are flying in for the party and Hailey's dedication at church on Sunday per Katie & Travis's new video.

Because the Bates and other influencer familes have to professionally document every single life event. I would find this constant posing to be so exhausting. image.png.019b368f4267a8a14398c9d28b7c3260.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Shooting a pregnancy announcement?

It’s Hailey’s birthday which seems like a legit enough reason for them to get a photographer.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It’s Hailey’s birthday which seems like a legit enough reason for them to get a photographer.

Given how photo-happy these people are at this point, I'm surprised they don't have one on retainer (partially kidding). Maybe someone cancelled or couldn't take the job, but this seems rather last minute for the gig.

• Upvote 3

Well well. 
no tv show to lure them back. I wonder why?  And why now? IMG_0489.thumb.png.c45536f287847f224e6421906eeb4818.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3

33 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well well. 
no tv show to lure them back. I wonder why?  And why now? IMG_0489.thumb.png.c45536f287847f224e6421906eeb4818.png

Wow she finally talked Travis into moving to Tennessee. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

As abusive as Gil and Kelly are, they don’t give me even a 10th of the heebie-jeebies as Papa Clark does, so I’m all for the move!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

As abusive as Gil and Kelly are, they don’t give me even a 10th of the heebie-jeebies as Papa Clark does, so I’m all for the move!

These two followed every Clark rule before marriage. They didn’t even touch when they got engaged. Right after marriage, they mostly followed the rules. Katie moved to NJ, they attend Travis’ family church, Katie kept wearing skirts right after marriage, and they didn’t get pregnant right away. But 6 months after marriage, she talked Travis into trying for a baby. Clarks don’t have babies the first year of marriage like the Bateses. But she talked him into it. And eventually Katie started wearing pants. She still wears skirts to church and and stuff. But she wears pants too. And now she’s talked Travis into moving to TN. I think Katie has figured out that her ILs can’t totally rules them. Because she can make her own money on social media and it’s not like they would want Travis and Katie to divorce. The Clarks even have a big play room for the grandkids on their first floor. Now only one grand baby will be using it regularly. Katie might miss the fact that the Clark parents can devote a lot of attention to Hailey while her own parents cannot. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

And who will watch Hailey when T&K go on their thrice weekly dates? Michael has something resembling a life. 🙄

Evan posted something like Let the party begin. 

Carlin posted how excited she was. 

No surprises there. 

• Upvote 5

This one really surprises me. I wonder if Trav got some kind of great job or music opportunity. But they definitely seemed so entrenched in NJ. 

Yay! Carlin gets her bestie...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1