IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

Katie looks more like a Stepford wife by the month. I wonder if she tells Travis he's the champ.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Today's video... They take Hailey to Build a Bear. Travis is selling shirts with merch for his song he released back in October "A Better Yes". Sponsor of the video is Better Help. Travis had some physical health issues in his teens that led to him having anxiety and panic attacks. He was able to reach out to so many people that helped him at that time so he knows how important that was in helping him. You can specify things you want in your therapist, like a Christian therapist. Why they are moving? God wants them to be in TN. Travis felt like he was put on this earth to sing. It is his passion. God opened so many doors and opportunities for him in 2023. It is hard to do zoom songwriting sessions. They are nervous, excited, scared, happy. He feels like he has to give it a real chance. They are NOT selling the NJ house. They are NOT buying in TN. They are renting and it "is such a God thing" that they were 5th on the waitlist for the apartment they wanted and ended up getting it! Travis will be commuting to Nashville a couple days a week but they didn't want Hailey to live so far away from all family so that is why they didn't rent in Nashville. (Nevermind the COST of Nashville). Their YouTube posting schedule may change a lot after they move. They will just have to see. 

ETA~ It is a 2 bedroom and they ARE bringing Remi. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 15

11 hours ago, gobucks said:

Today's video... They take Hailey to Build a Bear. Travis is selling shirts with merch for his song he released back in October "A Better Yes". Sponsor of the video is Better Help. Travis had some physical health issues in his teens that led to him having anxiety and panic attacks. He was able to reach out to so many people that helped him at that time so he knows how important that was in helping him. You can specify things you want in your therapist, like a Christian therapist. Why they are moving? God wants them to be in TN. Travis felt like he was put on this earth to sing. It is his passion. God opened so many doors and opportunities for him in 2023. It is hard to do zoom songwriting sessions. They are nervous, excited, scared, happy. He feels like he has to give it a real chance. They are NOT selling the NJ house. They are NOT buying in TN. They are renting and it "is such a God thing" that they were 5th on the waitlist for the apartment they wanted and ended up getting it! Travis will be commuting to Nashville a couple days a week but they didn't want Hailey to live so far away from all family so that is why they didn't rent in Nashville. (Nevermind the COST of Nashville). Their YouTube posting schedule may change a lot after they move. They will just have to see. 

ETA~ It is a 2 bedroom and they ARE bringing Remi. 

This is the craziest move ever. It's like they're trying to find ways to make it complicated. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Just say it, you want to live by the free babysitter Michael. 

Are they at least renting out their house in NJ? Or letting it sit empty? Paying a mortgage, paying apartment rent, and paying gas money for a 2.5 hour commute one way is just throwing money down the toilet. They better rent out their house. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are they at least renting out their house in NJ? Or letting it sit empty? Paying a mortgage, paying apartment rent, and paying gas money for a 2.5 hour commute one way is just throwing money down the toilet. They better rent out their house. 

Why would they need a babysitter anyway. Katie can stay with Hailey the 2 times a week he commutes to Nashville for songwritting composition sesions or whatever.

It doesnt sound like they are renting the house in NJ, since Katie mentioned they didnt need to pack everything for the move. Usually when you put a house for rent you take all your stuff out first. Anyway it would be dificult to find someone that would find it usefull to have a music studio in the basement (that they just built new not that long ago by the way, first thing i thought when they mentioned the move).

At least it doesnt seem like its a full time move to TN. Sounds like maybe for a year or so since thats the lease on the apartment. No mention either to Katie joining the boutique, they are just following Travis music dream. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I mean, I feel like while that would be the case for most of the Bates, it is not such for Katie and Travis because his parents seem happy to babysit. I genuinely think this was Katie’s idea/insistence and that she didn’t want to be alone in NJ while he was recording. She seems to hate being alone and I think she was like “well if you are going to be focusing on music, I want to be with my family”. She seems very emotionally needy. 

• Upvote 3

I was half joking about Michael. She basically wants full time access to most of her family in general. That means free Babysitters, constant company, and co-content creators.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought the NJ house was free and clear. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They don't need gas money; they have a Tesla! LOL

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I thought the NJ house was free and clear. 

Oh god. Just imagine buying a house free and clear as a teenager. I’m pretty sure he was around 19/20 when he bought it. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh god. Just imagine buying a house free and clear as a teenager. I’m pretty sure he was around 19/20 when he bought it. 

I'm sure his parents helped him. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

57 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I'm sure his parents helped him. 

Of course they did. It’s impossible for some 35 year olds to buy a house free and clean. Let alone a guy who is barely an adult. The Clarks are not the norm for fundies that’s for sure. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean, I feel like while that would be the case for most of the Bates, it is not such for Katie and Travis because his parents seem happy to babysit. I genuinely think this was Katie’s idea/insistence and that she didn’t want to be alone in NJ while he was recording. She seems to hate being alone and I think she was like “well if you are going to be focusing on music, I want to be with my family”. She seems very emotionally needy. 

That’s my speculation as well. I think Katie’s been wanting to move back to Tennessee since the ink dried on her wedding license, it’s just taken her a couple of years to convince Travis that’s what he wants too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Maybe one of the unmarried cousins that live at home like Melinda will rent out the house? Who knows. 

• Upvote 2

I feel like they will still visit NJ regularly and will leave the house for when they come back. If it is one thing about Katie and Travis, they like to travel 😂 

• Upvote 8

On 2/29/2024 at 9:48 PM, gobucks said:

Today's video... They take Hailey to Build a Bear. Travis is selling shirts with merch for his song he released back in October "A Better Yes". Sponsor of the video is Better Help. Travis had some physical health issues in his teens that led to him having anxiety and panic attacks. He was able to reach out to so many people that helped him at that time so he knows how important that was in helping him.

Good for Travis for promoting therapy, rather than just "praying on it."  And how much will Lawson hate it if Travis becomes an immediate Nashville success??

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 3/1/2024 at 9:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

He (and his parents) may have paid for it in cash. However, I have to wonder if he had to secure funding for all the renovations. 

• Upvote 4

Today's video.. They clarified that they are renting their house out while they are living in TN. They have a lot to clean out and sell. Tomorrow is Travis' 23rd birthday. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

Today's video.. They clarified that they are renting their house out while they are living in TN. They have a lot to clean out and sell. Tomorrow is Travis' 23rd birthday. 

They are also selling Katie's car. It's small and they hardly drive it. They are going to get an SUV in TN. They want something bigger now that they have Hayley and for any future kids.

• Upvote 5

That actually makes sense. I’m impressed that they are not just buying a Tesla for the sake of having a Tesla.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

That actually makes sense. I’m impressed that they are not just buying a Tesla for the sake of having a Tesla.

They already have a Tesla. Trav got his before Evan.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2024 at 7:05 PM, HereticHick said:

Good for Travis for promoting therapy, rather than just "praying on it."  And how much will Lawson hate it if Travis becomes an immediate Nashville success??

I so wish for that, and I feel a bit concerned that I don’t feel guilty about it one bit. Lawson really deserves that. Wonder if he would address/ignore it or pressure Travis into collaborations. I hope he will get busy deleting comments pointing out the obvious. 

In other news, I actually think their plan doesn’t sound too bad. Not making a permanent move while you just try it out, being close enough to family for support…. The quest is if Travis can move them back when he wants to.

*Not that I think Katie shouldn’t have a say in where they live as well.

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting the subtle things you can notice by watching a YouTube video. This week, they packed and did an ad for some candles. Hailey gets a little stomach bug. Katie first mentions talking to Travis' mom about the stomach bug, then calling Michael about it. No mention of her own mother. It just is those subtle things that show where they seek information, comfort, and help. They (at least Katie and Hailey) stayed home from a large family "second cousin birthday" party because of the illness. It is like they considered that taking a baby that was puking 6-12 hours ago to a party exposing a bunch of people was a bad idea. Huh. Wouldn't expect that common sense from a Bates. Hailey pukes again and has a temp of 104 so they called her pedi and got some medicine. Warden flew in and one of Travis' sibs also helped them move. Travis' mom comes to help with the baby while she is sick... they will miss that help when they move. At the 36 hour mark of the stomach bug, they take Hailey to the pediatrician just in case they can help her get over this illness. Remi is refusing to get out of the moving van. Stress dog behavior maybe? This was uploaded today on their actual moving day. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

16 hours ago, gobucks said:

It's interesting the subtle things you can notice by watching a YouTube video. This week, they packed and did an ad for some candles. Hailey gets a little stomach bug. Katie first mentions talking to Travis' mom about the stomach bug, then calling Michael about it. No mention of her own mother. It just is those subtle things that show where they seek information, comfort, and help. They (at least Katie and Hailey) stayed home from a large family "second cousin birthday" party because of the illness. It is like they considered that taking a baby that was puking 6-12 hours ago to a party exposing a bunch of people was a bad idea. Huh. Wouldn't expect that common sense from a Bates. Hailey pukes again and has a temp of 104 so they called her pedi and got some medicine. Warden flew in and one of Travis' sibs also helped them move. Travis' mom comes to help with the baby while she is sick... they will miss that help when they move. At the 36 hour mark of the stomach bug, they take Hailey to the pediatrician just in case they can help her get over this illness. Remi is refusing to get out of the moving van. Stress dog behavior maybe? This was uploaded today on their actual moving day. 

I understand that parenting 19 children versus what my parents handled raising me as an only child looks wildly different. It is just shocking to me how uninvolved the Bates parents are now that the cameras of television are off of them. My parents were always big parts of my moving, including driving stuff across country and prepping my former home to sell while I started a new job. I know I am very lucky in that regard, but dang Gil and Kelly are seriously absent. Their adult children just accept it as so and move on to someone else to help. 

It appears they weren't at the Webster birthdays. They weren't helping with the move. Where are they? Is Tori giving birth? That seems odd since Erin was at the Webster girls' party. She is all about having Tori at her births so it seems odd she would not be at Tori's delivery side. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 3/23/2024 at 3:46 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

I understand that parenting 19 children versus what my parents handled raising me as an only child looks wildly different. It is just shocking to me how uninvolved the Bates parents are now that the cameras of television are off of them. My parents were always big parts of my moving, including driving stuff across country and prepping my former home to sell while I started a new job. I know I am very lucky in that regard, but dang Gil and Kelly are seriously absent. Their adult children just accept it as so and move on to someone else to help. 

It appears they weren't at the Webster birthdays. They weren't helping with the move. Where are they? Is Tori giving birth? That seems odd since Erin was at the Webster girls' party. She is all about having Tori at her births so it seems odd she would not be at Tori's delivery side. 

I wonder if Gil and Kelli are down at Papa Bill's farm more often that we realize.