IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

22 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This one really surprises me. I wonder if Trav got some kind of great job or music opportunity. But they definitely seemed so entrenched in NJ. 

Yay! Carlin gets her bestie...

I think he can do his job working for his family from home. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

This one really surprises me. I wonder if Trav got some kind of great job or music opportunity. But they definitely seemed so entrenched in NJ. 

Yay! Carlin gets her bestie...

Carlin has so many besties. Joy is her non relation bestie. Whit is her SIL bestie. And Katie is her sister bestie. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carlin has so many besties. Joy is her non relation bestie. Whit is her SIL bestie. And Katie is her sister bestie. 

Don’t forget Layla is her child bestie!  🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7

This move is taking me by surprise. I thought there was no way Travis would cut the cord with his family. But I also thought that Travis was going to have some meaningful role in the family church/school, but he didn’t seem to. I also thought that Katie would see the value of all the attention that Hailey was getting from Travis’s parents and appreciate that benefit. Now Hailey will just be one of her parents’ 16 local grandkids in addition to the six kids of their own still at home. And to go through all of the hassle of renovating their entire house to leave it two years later seems like such a wasted effort to me. But I suppose to influencers like Katie and Travis, they need interesting things going on in their lives, and living in an already perfect house gets kind of boring. Time to redo another house. I’m also curious if Katie joins BSB as a partner now. She seemed to be taking an interest in it. It would be another interesting shift in the dynamics. Could Carlin really juggle working with two besties? And now poor Travis has to be besties with Evan.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I wonder if they will move to Rocky Top or Nashville. They are going to miss the doting and babysitting from his parents. KJ and Gil are barely ever home and just shove random daughters at their kids to be auntie helpers. 

I wonder how much return on their investment  they will get on installing a recording studio in the house! ?

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, gobucks said:

I wonder if they will move to Rocky Top or Nashville.

I think for sure they will be close to Carlin. Katie seems super needy and will need to be close to family. If Travis needs to go to Nashville for music reasons, he can always stay at Lawson and Tiffany’s house. They’re never there.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, gobucks said:

That really surprises me. His parents just built a playroom in their house! 

Kayson can still use it. They seem to have plenty of money and room in their house. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kayson can still use it. They seem to have plenty of money and room in their house. 

they live in Delaware, even though that's still a lot closer.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, gobucks said:

I wonder if they will move to Rocky Top or Nashville. They are going to miss the doting and babysitting from his parents. KJ and Gil are barely ever home and just shove random daughters at their kids to be auntie helpers. 

I wonder how much return on their investment  they will get on installing a recording studio in the house! ?

Aunt Addie! Aunt Michael! Evan and Trav are aleady BSB. I could see Katie becoming a BSB partner. I think Travis might work with the music people in Asheville? He goes there a lot. 

• Upvote 2

I feel sad for Hailey. At least in NJ she got to go to a school (even if it's the Clark's school) and do sports, be spoiled by her grandparents and uncles. I much rather be in NJ than in TN, the bates are so annoying.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Any chance that one of Travis's siblings will take over their NJ house? I am surprised that he's leaving the Clark family business enterprises.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Any chance that one of Travis's siblings will take over their NJ house? I am surprised that he's leaving the Clark family business enterprises.

Trav said about a year ago that he was 100% working from home. It's unknown what he's doing aside from editing the family's music and YT videos. That's not full time work. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Trav said about a year ago that he was 100% working from home. It's unknown what he's doing aside from editing the family's music and YT videos. That's not full time work. 

He says he is pursuing music full time, I think, besides social media and YouTube for actual money. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

He says he is pursuing music full time, I think, besides social media and YouTube for actual money. 

Is he striking out solo?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Is he striking out solo?

If you look on Travis’s Instagram, you can listen to clips of his solo stuff. He also still does performances, and I assume still records, with the family too.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

If you look on Travis’s Instagram, you can listen to clips of his solo stuff. He also still does performances, and I assume still records, with the family too.

I don't follow him, so I was in the dark about the solo stuff. Thanks for the update.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Is he striking out solo?

Travis has already had more than one solo song hit the top 40 gospel charts.  image.thumb.png.83c1e088733b4de7e88cebdc690d2388.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 2/23/2024 at 10:23 PM, JDuggs said:

And now poor Travis has to be besties with Evan.

This makes me snort so hard...

• Upvote 2

I believe Travis also does sales or marketing for their church/school/college complex.  Gotta lock down that nepotism coin -- no good having a family company if you can't get a share of the profits.

While the Clarks seem to be more controlling than the Bateses and if that is true it would be good to put in some distance, I do regret that Hailey is exchanging the possibility of group education in a school setting with trained educators for homeschooling with Katie. Even a very doctrinal private Christian school like the Clarks run offers a better education and more opportunities than 2nd-generation homeschooling (for most kids, obviously!)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Here is the birthday party/dedication video:

• Upvote 3

I can’t imagine the amount of money they dropped on Hailey’s party. I would love to have that kind of cash. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

That was definitely a party for the adults, so.much.food.

1st birthday parties usually are for the parents to celebrate making it through the first year. And usually the first is the biggest. My 2nd turns 1 here soon in April and it will be "big". Not Bates balloons galore big but "big" in the theme of Winnie the Pooh. But that's his theme we used for him. First born was mickey mouse. 

• Upvote 11