IGNORED

Katie and Travis 6: Maturing Faster than Carlin

Coconut Flan

Katie is knocked up. 

ETA They found out on 2/5. Announced to most of the family on ILYD (Carlin and the parents already knew).

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 4

So now all three pregnancies that were leaked on Reddit have been confirmed. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They're still pimping Carlin as the fourth. I guess we'll know soon enough.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

In general, these types of leaks are often true. And I say that because when you announce at a huge family event, it’s going to get out. That’s why I was inclined to believe it. It seemed completely playable. And these people breed like rabbits. 

• Upvote 5

Late to the show, but here is the announcement IMG_1044.thumb.jpeg.4744996811a81de39db9fb07dea4f342.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

They released the Instagram announcement along with a YT video of her testing and telling the family back in February.

• Upvote 2

I knew she was pregnant at Hailey's birthday. 

They tested when they were in Ohio for Travis' family to sing at a church. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know Esther is pregnant and now Katie, but, who is the third? I’m drawing a blank, lol. I was gonna say Josie, but she just had the baby. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

I know Esther is pregnant and now Katie, but, who is the third? I’m drawing a blank, lol. I was gonna say Josie, but she just had the baby. 

Tiffany.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In general, these types of leaks are often true. And I say that because when you announce at a huge family event, it’s going to get out. That’s why I was inclined to believe it. It seemed completely playable. And these people breed like rabbits. 

Yeah, at the time it seemed believable especially with Jane leaking Esther’s pregnancy. And the timing was also plausible for all of them. 

• Upvote 2

Well, so much for the q&a where Katie said she wanted a longer age gap (3-4y?) between Hailey and #2. Was that a lie? Did she change her mind? Is this baby an oops?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Well, so much for the q&a where Katie said she wanted a longer age gap (3-4y?) between Hailey and #2. Was that a lie? Did she change her mind? Is this baby an oops?

Did she said 3 or 4 years? It's a very unusual gap for Bates. A 2 or 2.5 age gap is *a big gap* for them, considering that Kelly had children every 13 months. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

At first they did say a 3-4 years age gap, this seemed mostly Travis idea, but later in another vlog they said they were now thinking it was best they were closer in age.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Tiffany.

Thank you! I forgot about her, lol. When is she due? Cuz the other two seem to be due in the fall. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, llucie said:

At first they did say a 3-4 years age gap, this seemed mostly Travis idea, but later in another vlog they said they were now thinking it was best they were closer in age.

It’s funny because it always seems like Travis is the one who wants to wait and Katie wants to hurry up. It seems like Katie always gets her way eventually. Now with the move that’s more evident. 

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

Thank you! I forgot about her, lol. When is she due? Cuz the other two seem to be due in the fall. 

Tiff is due in July. Esther is due in Oct. Katie hasn't given exact month from what I've seen yet

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because it always seems like Travis is the one who wants to wait and Katie wants to hurry up. It seems like Katie always gets her way eventually. Now with the move that’s more evident. 

In fairness, Travis actually changed his mind on the gap faster than Katie. There were several videos where he said he wanted the kids two years apart or less and Katie said she wanted more because she hated pregnancy and wanted time to recover. I don’t remember Travis ever staying he wanted a 3-4 year gap unless it was before they had kids. He has been consisted since Hailey was born about wanting two years or less. 

2 hours ago, llucie said:

This is the opposite of what I remember, I remember Katie saying she wanted to hav da larger gap because of how much she hated pregnancy and Travis speaking over her and dismissing her and saying he wanted them close in age.

• Upvote 7

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

In fairness, Travis actually changed his mind on the gap faster than Katie. There were several videos where he said he wanted the kids two years apart or less and Katie said she wanted more because she hated pregnancy and wanted time to recover. I don’t remember Travis ever staying he wanted a 3-4 year gap unless it was before they had kids. He has been consisted since Hailey was born about wanting two years or less. 

Probably because he and his siblings are two years apart. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably because he and his siblings are two years apart. 

Yeah. He was very clear that was the right away to do it and it came across very clearly that Katie had no real say. 

• Upvote 5

Yes, Travis has been pushing closer age gaps the whole time. During their YouTube video, they mentioned being disappointed in a negative test last month, so this was definitely planned. It makes more sense they are renting in Knoxville and Travis is commuting to Nashville so Michael can babysit while she has morning sickness. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

Yes, Travis has been pushing closer age gaps the whole time. During their YouTube video, they mentioned being disappointed in a negative test last month, so this was definitely planned. It makes more sense they are renting in Knoxville and Travis is commuting to Nashville so Michael can babysit while she has morning sickness. 

This isn't my best subject (I don't have kids), but if she tested negative in January and positive early February, wouldn't she be due around October as well? (Just like Esther).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, xenobia said:

This isn't my best subject (I don't have kids), but if she tested negative in January and positive early February, wouldn't she be due around October as well? (Just like Esther).

I would think so. I had an IUI so I roughly know exactly when I got pregnant. IUI was 2nd week in Feb, found out last week in Feb, and was due first week in November. Assuming they found out Feb5 (I think that’s when their YT said) she’s probably due early to mid October. 

• Upvote 1

She is due roughly a week after Esther. But I bet she will give birth before Esther since Esther had Kenna only 3 days before her due date and Katie had Hailey 15 days before hers. 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Isn't Tori pregnant too?

yes

• Upvote 2