IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

@AussieKrissy I know it's a big country full of individuals, but you do have a bit of a reputation for cursing, drinking, and generally calling people out on their bullshit.  I love meeting Aussies when traveling.

• Upvote 6

Just now, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@AussieKrissy I know it's a big country full of individuals, but you do have a bit of a reputation for cursing, drinking, and generally calling people out on their bullshit.  I love meeting Aussies when traveling.

yep I think that is pretty accurate lol 

When we travel though we can be very loud and boorish though from what I have heard unfortunately not all but some. 

I mainly hear this about tourism to war sites, say Gallipoli for ANZAC day, 25/4  (a major date in WW1 for Aussies and Kiwis). Aussies forget the solemnness and treat it like a party. As it is always public holiday in Australia where people attend a dawn service and then proceed to get pissed and play gambling games (legal only on that day) I don't think our culture has done anything to not present it as a party day. But still you are in the place where these guys died, pull ya head in. Anyway that was a rant that was not needed lol 

Also as an Aussie who has travelled I can attest that we are loud travellers mainly the younger generation lol but then again I have not travelled in a while and most of my travelling days were spent on under 30s travel busses so maybe that influenced it too

OHHHH I miss travelling screw cost of living crisis and mortgage rate increases I wanna be at Disney any bloody Disney 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

When all else fails, at least you have tim tams and musk candy to comfort you.

Mmm…… Tim tams.  My college roommate studied abroad in Australia and brought those back.   Keep the vegimite but please share Tim Tams!

• Love 2

3 hours ago, detroitrockcity said:

Mmm…… Tim tams.  My college roommate studied abroad in Australia and brought those back.   Keep the vegimite but please share Tim Tams!

oh and eucalyptus lollies I bet you would love those too

little ballies of goodness to suck on ba ha ha 

and black current stuff which apparently for some reason is banned in the USA some kind of trade boycott or something black current is delish too  

My fav somewhat dark humour one  is Kinder surprise eggs, we have them here but they are banned in the States cause they could kill a kid... 

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

When all else fails, at least you have tim tams and musk candy to comfort you.

mmmm tim tams so many flavours to choose from 

Have you heard of the TIM TAM slam????

MMMM with hot choc or coffee 

bite two opp corners and use it like a straw nice and quick and then eat the gooey yummy coffee/hot choccy filled bikkie mmmmmmm

Edited by AussieKrissy
add stuff
  • Love 1

I'm currently listening to Smooth 80s Australia online.  Gotta love internet radio!

Edited by SPHASH
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, detroitrockcity said:

For Tim Tams in the US, check Target and World Market. And the Outback Steakhouse chain is promoting a Tim Tam dessert (I live near one and get a lot of ads).

Spoiler

image.png.a0ac7eddd987a2e1db419d0bd7841bd1.png

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Australia will do James some good. After being put in his place a few times, and being away from Michelle and JB, maybe he’ll start to get his head screwed on right? He is young enough that there is still hope. 
Would he even qualify to immigrate ? He has no skills to offer Australia. 

• Upvote 2

@AussieKrissy I learned the tim tam slam when I was in Cairns.  I love when I can occasionally find them at the store here, but it's only every few years.  I have an online friend in Tasmania who sent me a care package with them last year and it was the happiest few weeks.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I'm currently listening to Smooth 80s Australia online.  Gotta love internet radio!

lots of John Farnaham for you.... 

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

Maybe Australia will do James some good. After being put in his place a few times, and being away from Michelle and JB, maybe he’ll start to get his head screwed on right? He is young enough that there is still hope. 
Would he even qualify to immigrate ? He has no skills to offer Australia. 

From what I have heard through the grape vine, its a bit harder for an American to get a work visa in Australia because they are not easy for an Aussie to get one in the states if that makes sense. I know its easier for UK citizens to get work visas because it is easy for Aussies to get one there. Take that with a grain of salt I think I am remembering from a convo years ago

A fundie friend's brother was part of an Aussie family missionary family to Romania. He Married a full american fundie, she can't get in here (doesn't really want to I don't think because her fundie family and guns are there) and he cant get in there.  She has had to get a job for the first time in her whole life, against her cultural norms because she has to prove she can support him when he comes over. So he is stuck here and she is stuck there and my little judgie heart chuckles. As divorce is not an option I have no idea what they will do if the states wont let him in. She may have to bite the bullet and apply for Australia. 

It depends on the fundie level of the Aussie family as the where they will live after marriage, will they sell her up to overseas or will she have enough pull to get him to apply for here.

He has no Skills on paper, but I am sure he does have undocumented labour skills. Maybe if he could prove all his construction qualifications (fork lift, truck tractor etc) he could apply for a working visa. Where the fundie headquaters in Vic is is quite rural he could pick up labouring quite easy. 

I have stated before that I have mutual friends with people involved with the fundie aussie headquaters, they got me Mooches autograph as a laugh last time she was in Aus (that I know of) the Lauren reveal time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

My buddy James posted again. This is the Port Fairy lighthouse. A not so wild guess is that he landed in Melbourne, and now he and (probably a Lim sister or two) have driven the Great Ocean road. 

9CB0E953-E729-42D1-9733-FD38430A63D4_1_201_a.jpeg

• Thank You 6

Interesting observation: all of Jill’s buddy group is separating themselves from the mothership. James is rarely home, Austin and Joy are kind of doing their own thing, Jenni is still a child and has no choice but the other three are following their sister mom’s example. 
I would love it if Jenni escapes too. 
Who was Jed’s buddy? He seems to still be all in. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, sophrosyne said:

I think Jinger was Jed's buddy.

It was either her or Jessa. They each had a twin, just not sure who got who.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:29 PM, AussieKrissy said:

From what I have heard through the grape vine, its a bit harder for an American to get a work visa in Australia because they are not easy for an Aussie to get one in the states if that makes sense. I know its easier for UK citizens to get work visas because it is easy for Aussies to get one there. Take that with a grain of salt I think I am remembering from a convo years ago

A fundie friend's brother was part of an Aussie family missionary family to Romania. He Married a full american fundie, she can't get in here (doesn't really want to I don't think because her fundie family and guns are there) and he cant get in there.  She has had to get a job for the first time in her whole life, against her cultural norms because she has to prove she can support him when he comes over. So he is stuck here and she is stuck there and my little judgie heart chuckles. As divorce is not an option I have no idea what they will do if the states wont let him in. She may have to bite the bullet and apply for Australia. 

It depends on the fundie level of the Aussie family as the where they will live after marriage, will they sell her up to overseas or will she have enough pull to get him to apply for here.

He has no Skills on paper, but I am sure he does have undocumented labour skills. Maybe if he could prove all his construction qualifications (fork lift, truck tractor etc) he could apply for a working visa. Where the fundie headquaters in Vic is is quite rural he could pick up labouring quite easy. 

I have stated before that I have mutual friends with people involved with the fundie aussie headquaters, they got me Mooches autograph as a laugh last time she was in Aus (that I know of) the Lauren reveal time.

Oh please Australia, take one of them off our hands. 

Signed,

An American, whose country doesn’t need anymore fundies

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

On 8/13/2023 at 9:02 AM, xenobia said:

My buddy James posted again. This is the Port Fairy lighthouse. A not so wild guess is that he landed in Melbourne, and now he and (probably a Lim sister or two) have driven the Great Ocean road. 

9CB0E953-E729-42D1-9733-FD38430A63D4_1_201_a.jpeg

Do we know anything about this Lim family. 

Lim is usually a Korean or Chinese last name are they Asian?

Ill get my friend on it. I asked her the other day and she said she doesn't move in their circles any more but still knows people that do. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

It was either her or Jessa. They each had a twin, just not sure who got who.

It was Jinger. She was a bridesmaid in the wedding and I think Felicity was a flower girl.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Interesting observation: all of Jill’s buddy group is separating themselves from the mothership. James is rarely home, Austin and Joy are kind of doing their own thing, Jenni is still a child and has no choice but the other three are following their sister mom’s example. 
I would love it if Jenni escapes too. 
Who was Jed’s buddy? He seems to still be all in. 

In addition to individual personalities, I bet how big an age gap there is between the sister mom and the younger buddy plays a role in how much influence the leader has. I imagine super motherly and involved Jill had a big impact on 10 years younger James. Where somewhat indifferent Jinger had a much smaller  role model effect on only 5 years younger Jed. Probably more like a playmate who also yells at you to brush your teeth and eat your food.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

The buddy teams were as follows: 

Jana- Jason, Jackson, and Josie.

Jill- Joy-Anna, Jennifer, and James. Joy later stepped up to lead after Jill got married.

Jessa- Jeremiah, Justin, and Jordyn.

Jinger- Jedidiah and Johannah. 

Source: https://19andcounting.fandom.com/wiki/Buddy_Teams

Its interesting to note some of the themes. As Expectopatronus said Jill’s group is moving away from the Duggars. On Jinger’s team Jed is sort of doing his own thing with politics but is drinking a slightly different flavor of the same Kool Aid like Jinger. On Jessa’s team Jeremiah is married with kids and Justin has stuck very with it, to the point that he has a leg humper MIL. 

It’s not a hard and fast pattern but it is interesting how the litte buddies seemed to “inherit” characteristics of their sister moms, who they are most closely bonded with, the way kids in a smaller household might inherit characteristics of their parents. 

• Thank You 8

On 8/9/2023 at 6:09 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh Lordy, here we go…

I'm surely not the first to comment on it, but I 'hear' many of your posts in Roy Kent's voice.  🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Does anyone have the name of the lim sisters we have a Mathew that is mutual friends with the Duggars 

esther? 

Update my friend thinks it’s Sarah cause of the super high security on her Facebook. 

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Do we know anything about this Lim family. 

Lim is usually a Korean or Chinese last name are they Asian?

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Does anyone have the name of the lim sisters we have a Mathew that is mutual friends with the Duggars 

esther? 

Update my friend thinks it’s Sarah cause of the super high security on her Facebook. 

A while ago when the Lim sisters where visiting the USA i did a bit of sleuthing on the family. I also think it is Esther who is courting James.

The father Peter Lim was Australia ATI director and they have 11 kids. I think Peter has chinese ancestry. 

In this article about homeschooling they did during Covid you can see a picture of the whole family.

The kids are: Matthew (24) who is married, wife name is Danielle, Alexandra (23) who is in a relationship, Sarah (22), Esther (20), Daniel (17), Joseph (16), Gabe (13), David (12), Abigail (9), Benjamin (7) and Serenity (5).

Like a lot of this families they also seem to be into playing a lot of instruments and singing. They do seem to be very talented. Matthew is a profesional violinist. Sarah and Esther have a singing group with 2 friends called "The Sisters", they have an instagram account that James follows https://www.instagram.com/the1940sisters/. He also follows Esther massage bussiness, wich she created last month. Since she just created a bussiness in Australia i am thinking James is planning to move there.

• Thank You 4

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Justin has stuck very with it, to the point that he has a leg humper MIL. 

Justin has been married for a while without kids, so he hasn’t necessarily bought into the fertility cult. I guess they do go to David Waller’s church.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Oh please Australia, take one of them off our hands. 

Signed,

An American, whose country doesn’t need anymore fundies

Dear Australia govt, 

Please approve ours. We have skills and we're non-religious. 

signed a very Tired Texan 

We've been trying to immigrate to Australia because of the violence here and laws. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic