IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

I wanted to remind myself of the lost boys and who was who, and as Wikipedia does not offer a list of the family members any longer, I took to the duggarfamily.com-Website. I found it quite interesting that only some of the grandchildren are on there and others are not. For example, Freddy as well as Jinger´s daughters are absent. I wonder if there is a pattern in that the families of the „obedient“ children are completely shown and those of the „rebels“ are stuck in time to when the relationship was still closer. But as I am not up to date as to who had when which children I feel unable to make that assessment. (The website is still being updated, the last news I saw was from May of this year.)

If anybody wants to take a look I´d be interested in opinions on if the family fotos give us some info on who is still close to JB and M und who is more at a distance or if there are other more random explanations for children not being on the fotos (e.g. like Jinger and Jeremy not wanting their daughters´ fotos public).

Taking a second look, it seems that something changed from yesterday to today. I remember being shocked reading that Jackson had been to the Alert programm (basic training it said). Today I look again and the text is different and just says something about him being „talkative and outgoing“. I question myself if I may be wrong and if I may have gotten that info elsewhere but I remember clearly looking at that very picture and thinking: „Oh God, that poor boy!“ I should have taken a screenshot.

But while I was indeed surprised that they had that info out there (even after Shiny Happy People) I would have thought that if they did choose to do that they would not change that decision just because Jill published a book. Weird.

Edited to add: I tried to find that version via the Wayback machine but was not successful.

Edited by St.Clara

I'm honestly surprised that Jason hasn't announced his engagement to Claire Langdon. This would be the week to do it if he was trying to be strategic. Unless, of course, they broke up and that's the reason he's obsessed with the Holy Spirit on IG.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JMO said:

WOACB is claiming that Tyler was given back to his grandparents.  Interesting timing.

He actually went back in June, right after Shiny Happy People came out. They just filed the court paperwork this week. JB has essentially said he won't contest the move. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 14

Just now, marmalade said:

He actually went back in June, right after Shiny Happy People came out. They just filed the court paperwork this week. JB has essentially said he won't contest the move. 

How interesting. I wonder what the real reason for him going back is. JB & M made it sound like it was such a placement from god. Eyeroll

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

How interesting. I wonder what the real reason for him going back is. JB & M made it sound like it was such a placement from god. Eyeroll

I just hope his grandparents now feel more able to care for him and that’s why he’s now with them. And I hope they can give him more one on one attention than he gets at the Duggar house. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just hope his grandparents now feel more able to care for him and that’s why he’s now with them. And I hope they can give him more one on one attention than he gets at the Duggar house. 

And that he's enrolled at the local public high school. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

Poor kid. I feel bad for him. Living with the Duggars is obviously not ideal, but he had been there for 7 years at this point and it seems like he was very close with the younger kids. These will be his fourth guardians (well, his grandmother's second go at it) by the age of 15. All of those changes must be rough.

I hope this is what he wanted.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 13

I was just thinking about Tyler today. I was wondering if JB would have eventually been setting Tyler up in a business like he seems to do with his sons. I bet JB is relieved that he’s now not responsible for Tyler’s future.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I was just thinking about Tyler today. I was wondering if JB would have eventually been setting Tyler up in a business like he seems to do with his sons. I bet JB is relieved that he’s now not responsible for Tyler’s future.

I'm sure you're right about JB, and it's really fucking depressing. If I had to take care of my sister's kids for any reason, their futures would be my ONLY thought.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Based on Jill's book, I'm no longer sure about the idea that it's really Michelle driving the bus. She's a rotten fuckface either way, though.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Who is still in IBPL? Jinger, Joy and Jill are out. Jesse must be out as well since it were Bens believes that wre differnt an amde Jinger start to question what she was told. Ans they brought Jeremy into Jingers life so they can't think so highly of IBPL.

Jana and Joseph still fallow, Anna of course. I don't think John, Joshia  are still in it, don't now about the other married ones. Either way, not a good outcome for JB and M with so many of their kids stepping away from IBPL. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, vienna said:

Who is still in IBPL?

The only ones I'm sure of are Jed and Katey. Maybe Joe and Kendra, and possibly Justin and Claire. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

25 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The only ones I'm sure of are Jed and Katey. Maybe Joe and Kendra, and possibly Justin and Claire. 

Claire's parents seem pretty all-in. They have a much smaller family and might not be as sociopathic as JB, but I doubt Justin is breaking free any time soon.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Earlier this year there were a lot of comments wondering how numerous Duggar siblings were able to take so many trips/vacations when they don’t even appear to work. Seems like the chunks of money JB shells out are a big part of that equation.

I so wish that others in the quiverful cult would see what a sham JB and Michelle’s lifestyle truly is and be pissed off about it. The majority of these huge families will never, ever see the kind of money that JB throws around. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 9/15/2023 at 9:18 PM, St.Clara said:

I wanted to remind myself of the lost boys and who was who, and as Wikipedia does not offer a list of the family members any longer

Not sure if it's been discussed here but I had a look at the wikipedia page for the Duggars. In the wikipedia article, you can see the edits and who has done them, and you can see conversations between people who are doing the edits. In the case of the Duggar wikipedia page an individual seems to be consistently editing the page in 2023, only to have them reversed. The individual is arguing privacy and wikipedia policy regarding minors but the argument against it is that the information cited is from the family's own website or the TV show's website. So the family/tv show itself is putting that information out in public so it's fair to have it in wikipedia.

Whoever the individual is may have contacted the Duggars and told them if they want more privacy/control of their family's info it has to start with their own website etc hence they have started to edit their webpage.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I wonder about the lost girls. I feel Josie will probably stay because as the golden child she probably gets love and attention the others did not. The other girls I am not sure about. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wonder about the lost girls. I feel Josie will probably stay because as the golden child she probably gets love and attention the others did not. The other girls I am not sure about. 

I worry about them. Not wanting to repeat his mistakes with the older girls, Boob will likely marry the Lost Girls off to men who are deeply entrenched in IBLP culture. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I worry about them. Not wanting to repeat his mistakes with the older girls, Boob will likely marry the Lost Girls off to men who are deeply entrenched in IBLP culture. 

I agree his first choice would be to double down on his particular brand of religion, but any potential husbands will also need to be financially independent. None of the younger girls are likely to be able to monetise social media like Jill, Jessa, Joy and Jinger, so if their husbands aren’t bringing in a decent income, JB will have to fork out for houses, hospital bills etc to keep them sufficiently comfortable so they don’t go writing a tell all. He’s a already committed to funding  Josh’s kids, Josh’s legal bills, Jana and and I dare say he subsidises the obedient sons and he will certainly be helping Jed’s political ambitions.

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I agree his first choice would be to double down on his particular brand of religion, but any potential husbands will also need to be financially independent. None of the younger girls are likely to be able to monetise social media like Jill, Jessa, Joy and Jinger, so if their husbands aren’t bringing in a decent income, JB will have to fork out for houses, hospital bills etc to keep them sufficiently comfortable so they don’t go writing a tell all. He’s a already committed to funding  Josh’s kids, Josh’s legal bills, Jana and and I dare say he subsidises the obedient sons and he will certainly be helping Jed’s political ambitions.

This is also a basic flaw in the whole patriarchial system. No matter how much  a narcissistic control freak like JB WANTS to be in charge of his adult children's lives. No matter if he even thinks he’s doing it for the right reasons, it doesn’t matter. Because he is going to be giving his daughters over to other men. A man who didn’t grow up under JB’s thumb and who has no strong love and attachment to him.  Even the mildest of men will have some sort of feelings about their father-in-law attempting to control their lives when there is a disagreement. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Johannah will turn 18 in less than three weeks. Since Tyler isn't living with them anymore that means that there's just three lost girls under 18 in the house (unless the M-kids are there, which we don't know for sure). 

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, xenobia said:

Johannah will turn 18 in less than three weeks. Since Tyler isn't living with them anymore that means that there's just three lost girls under 18 in the house (unless the M-kids are there, which we don't know for sure). 

Yes, I keep wondering what she will do after her birthday. Will she then have social media? Will she choose to wear pants? Or will she(gasp!) sneak out and find Jill, risking her inheritance?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’ve always thought Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn will marry early, either because they want to get out of that house or because Jim Bob wants to enmesh them in the religion as early as possible. Unfortunately, marriage is the only way out for them. I don’t see Josie leaving as early for the reasons you say. 

Much as I’d love to see the younger girls run, I don’t foresee it happening for any of them right at 18. Maybe in a few years. Jill has probably let them know that she’s willing to help if they want to leave. Jessa, on the other hand, is probably helping Jim Bob scout potential suitors. 

• Upvote 5

Mack to me is the wild card.  Josh isn't there, Anna had some fake fundy college.  By the time Mack is 18, the youngest will be 6 and old enough to be helpful.  Anna won't need to keep Mack for crowd control, the way Jana was kept.

Will Mack be allowed to court without her father's vetting (which obviously can't happen until he's out of jail)?   Or will she be married off quickly? Will she be allowed to go college.  Will she be farmed out to a help a pregnant Hannie (please no!)?

Will there be a fight over her headship between JB and Pecan?

Does JB count Mack in the list of girls he needs to get married?

Will Anna get a say?

Will Mack get a say?

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic