IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

I've been sucked into watching some old episodes on YouTube somebody posted. Does anybody know why Johannah is running around at toddler age with a tag of some sort pinned to her front? Keen in duggar on a diet seas.3/13)

Looks like a plastic name tag on a metal clip like a sort of work badge.

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I've been sucked into watching some old episodes on YouTube somebody posted. Does anybody know why Johannah is running around at toddler age with a tag of some sort pinned to her front? Keen in duggar on a diet seas.3/13)

The Duggars were part of the Maxwell's "Managers of their Home" scheduling philosophy/book which included having the children wear a clip and plastic holder of the chores they needed to complete as a visual reminder of what they needed to do/had finished. I think this is what you might be referring to. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

@Coconut Flan, the link at the end of thread 45 leads to thread 45.

On 6/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Makes it easier for the producers to remember who's who? And by "producers" I mean JB & M.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

Any guesses as to why to police were at the TTH on Sunday morning? It’s being reported as “part of a follow up investigation.” I’m wondering if it’s tied to some of the inform in the documentary.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-family-compound-visited-by-police-investigation/amp/

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

I love how "Crystal Ball" played the Cops theme song in her story about this........and now I'll sing the Jeopardy song with it too

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Any guesses as to why to police were at the TTH on Sunday morning? It’s being reported as “part of a follow up investigation.” I’m wondering if it’s tied to some of the inform in the documentary.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-family-compound-visited-by-police-investigation/amp/

OK! basically ran the same story.

There was more in the article.

Authorities were on the property on Sunday, June 25, at 8:26 a.m., In Touch confirmed via online records after an unknown incident took place at the location.

That makes me think it's not connected to the documentary.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Bethella said:

"follow up investigation" makes me think it's about Jana or Josh, since both of them already have police records. 

Then again, without The Jinx airing on HBO, Robert Durst would have died a free man. When Homeland Security raided Josh's car lot back in 2019 (over a decade ago in pandemic years) no one was sure why, eventually we all found out exactly why. Time will probably tell us about this recent police visit too, we just have to wait. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, gustava said:

Article says Anna is reconsidering her future....really???

Reconsidering meaning maybe moving to Texas to be close to Josh. That’s been speculated for many months now. 

• Upvote 7

I’ve expected that the next shoe to drop from this octopus would  be re jb’s finances. If so, would a police raid be involved? 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hilary was sticking her nose into the comment section. What does she think she will accomplish. It’s a fucking comment section. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/justin-duggar-mother-law-defends-140739578.html

What a waste of her time, which apparently she has too much of to be spending it defending Duggars. She needs to just move on. Instead she tries to put herself into the mix. It gives me the feeling she’s insanely bored and trying to drum up some drama to make her feel alive. Does not understand her religion and the patriarchy are what’s making her feel dead inside. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hilary was sticking her nose into the comment section. What does she think she will accomplish. It’s a fucking comment section. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/justin-duggar-mother-law-defends-140739578.html

She will accomplish absolutely nothing but prove what an insane cult this is. I'm here for it. Comment away, Hilary! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, viii said:

She will accomplish absolutely nothing but prove what an insane cult this is. I'm here for it. Comment away, Hilary! 

She’s weirdly defensive of the younger Duggar boys. When she posted more, she was always posting pics of them and gushing over them on social media. It’s weird. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

It's super weird. She kind of reminds me of the older women that gush over the 17-20 year old hockey players here. Nothing directly inappropriate, but just an overall sense of... ick. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I’ve expected that the next shoe to drop from this octopus would  be re jb’s finances. If so, would a police raid be involved? 

I have a suspicion that money laundering is involved. Don’t know why I just feel it in my bones! It was my first thought when the first raid took place. Sadly things where much worse. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I have a suspicion that money laundering is involved. Don’t know why I just feel it in my bones! It was my first thought when the first raid took place. Sadly things where much worse. 

Yes, but...

Money laundering (and its associated crime, wire-tap fraud) are nearly always federal cases, I believe. This was apparently a visit from the sheriff's department.

https://tvshowsace.com/2023/06/26/police-flood-jim-bob-duggars-compound-bright-early-why/

Hell, it could be an pranking child making spurious calls to 911. Let's hope it isn't someone in the house who has been making multiple 911 calls with cause. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bastet said:

I suspect it’s related to Jim Bob as well. I hope it’s finances as opposed to some “encouragement” going too far, which I could easily see happening. Jim Bob must be enraged these days.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I suspect it’s related to Jim Bob as well. I hope it’s finances as opposed to some “encouragement” going too far, which I could easily see happening. Jim Bob must be enraged these days.

I hope he and Michelle are being charged with 19 counts of “encouragement” aka child abuse. 

Someone on Reddit said it was the sheriff's office informing JB his uncle had died. If so, that is a horrible let down.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I hope he and Michelle are being charged with 19 counts of “encouragement” aka child abuse. 

That seems unlikely to me. Among other reasons, there aren't 19 kids in the house. There are 5 minors and 4 adult children. If they were being charged with anything, I think the press would know.

It sounds to me like something specific happened that warranted a visit to the house. Examples might be a fight broke out or they found one of the grandchild wandering around again, etc. 

2 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Someone on Reddit said it was the sheriff's office informing JB his uncle had died. If so, that is a horrible let down.

Did we ever hear much about JB’s aunts and uncles? I wonder if either of his parents came from a large family. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did we ever hear much about JB’s aunts and uncles? I wonder if either of his parents came from a large family. 

Mary was one of four children, according to Reddit: two boys and two girls. You can read more here.

• Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic