IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 46: Living with the Fallout

Coconut Flan

His uncle died and Jim Bob was planning the funeral.  He didn't even bother calling his sister.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

His uncle died and Jim Bob was planning the funeral.  He didn't even bother calling his sister.

Oh I’m sure he loathes Deanna right now.

Did Jana ever pay her court fine?

• Upvote 7

Why would they say it was a "followup" if all they were doing were notifying of a death? That sounds spurious. 

• Upvote 7

If Tommy and Lawrence were legally married, and it seems that they were or at least they got a marriage license in 2015, then why would the police notify his estranged nephew and be him who is arranging the funeral? I hope this is not the Tontitown police being homophobic.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Why would they say it was a "followup" if all they were doing were notifying of a death? That sounds spurious. 

It would be considered a follow-up to the initial investigation of the unattended death. 

43 minutes ago, llucie said:

If Tommy and Lawrence were legally married, and it seems that they were or at least they got a marriage license in 2015, then why would the police notify his estranged nephew and be him who is arranging the funeral? I hope this is not the Tontitown police being homophobic.

It's very possible that Lawrence asked the police to notify JimBob. Maybe he didn't want to be the one to do it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, Smee said:

Did Jana ever pay her court fine?

She did. 

Tommy could have had a will making Jim Bob his executor andd never bothered updating it.  That would have been foolish, but it happens to a lot of people who somehow never get around to updating things.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

I was just thinking maybe it was Tommy wish to be buried next to his parents in the family plot in the cemetery, in that case i could see why Jim Bob intervention may be required. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

It would be considered a follow-up to the initial investigation of the unattended death. 

It's very possible that Lawrence asked the police to notify JimBob. Maybe he didn't want to be the one to do it. 

Sounds very feasible. 

Wonder what JB was thinking when he saw the police arriving at his house. Did he wonder, “oh no, what fresh hell is this?” 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

According to reddit, the obituary says Ben will do a graveside service.  I hope that goes better than I expect. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Cam said:

Sounds very feasible. 

Wonder what JB was thinking when he saw the police arriving at his house. Did he wonder, “oh no, what fresh hell is this?” 

You might not be winning at life if you are a wealthy white dude afraid of law enforcement.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Yep, when my estranged great aunt died, her wife asked the police to notify my grandpa as the siblings hadn’t spoken in decades, but she still wanted him to know his only sister died. They just showed up, relayed the message, gave their condolences and left. Small town as well.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

According to reddit, the obituary says Ben will do a graveside service.  I hope that goes better than I expect. 

Doesn’t sound like they were estranged. Maybe the husband has his own health issues- don’t know his age, but assuming he’s an older gentleman- or if it was a car accident that led to the uncle dying maybe the husband was injured. 

"You might not be winning at life if you are a wealthy white dude afraid of law enforcement."

I am so going to steal this

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Considering Ben is homophobic, that seems unlikely, but I hope so too.

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Considering Ben is homophobic, that seems unlikely, but I hope so too.

I really hope he doesn’t sneak in a hint about Tom’s “sin” during the graveside service. 🤢 

I get that Tom and his husband don’t have kids or grandkids. But that doesn’t mean the Duggars can take over his service. And I can easily see that happening. We have watched this family for years. We know what they are capable of. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

I hope they don’t make things worse for Lawrence, but just imagine the snark potential of a “Duggar gay funeral” episode! 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Sounds very feasible. 

I almost peed myself at the thought of the old Boobster quoting Dorothy Parker.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

She did. 

Tommy could have had a will making Jim Bob his executor andd never bothered updating it.  That would have been foolish, but it happens to a lot of people who somehow never get around to updating things.  

The Sheriff’s Department has nothing to do with whether or not someone has a will. They wouldn’t even know about it. They wouldn’t be making a visit to someone’s house because of a will. 

If the uncle was married, Jim Bob doesn’t have any rights as to making arrangements for the funeral unless the spouse allows it. I highly doubt the visit has anything to do with the uncle. It could have been a follow-up about someone trespassing or something stolen from the property. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The Sheriff’s Department has nothing to do with whether or not someone has a will. They wouldn’t even know about it. They wouldn’t be making a visit to someone’s house because of a will. 

::smh::

Oh goodness, I know that.  I was talking about why Jim Bob might be involved in funeral plans. My father was a deputy police chief so I'm quite familiar with what law enforcement does.  

Further reports have shown the visit was to make a death notification.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Cam said:

Sounds very feasible. 

He deserves all the bad juju that comes his way. He is so irresponsible, lazy and self centered; the ultimate con artist. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

If the uncle was married, Jim Bob doesn’t have any rights as to making arrangements for the funeral unless the spouse allows it. I highly doubt the visit has anything to do with the uncle. It could have been a follow-up about someone trespassing or something stolen from the property. 

A jornalist who posts on reddit asked the police to give him the report and published it on reddit, You can read it yourself. They really went there to notify Jim Bob about his uncle death. It even goes into details about the cause of death and everything. It was a heart attack.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

We never knew grandma Mary had 3 siblings. All alive until now. And one is gay and married. It makes me wonder what else we don’t know. Does Jimmy Lee come from a family with 10 kids and that’s why he never wanted JB to have a zillion kids? 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We never knew grandma Mary had 3 siblings. All alive until now. And one is gay and married. It makes me wonder what else we don’t know. Does Jimmy Lee come from a family with 10 kids and that’s why he never wanted JB to have a zillion kids? 

His obituary says he had 2 sisters and a brother that survived him. Doesn't mention any predeceasing him, but who knows? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic