IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

I will admit, I was a full on Lulu belt bag hater....until I got one. I'm almost 40, so my initial reaction to them was "it's a fanny pack, big deal". I also though people looks stupid wearing it as a cross body. 

My kids are 5 & almost 2. We've hit the point with my youngest that I can easily do quick errands, like a run through the grocery store or in and out of a few shops, and not need to drag my whole ass purse full of crap. We have a membership at our local aquarium which is literally down the street from our house. It's not giant, but we can do the whole thing in about 45 minutes. It is SO NICE to toss my keys, phone, and credit card into the belt bag and roll on out - not bringing in a purse or backpack or diaper bag. 

Also, when I fly I'm usually solo with my kids to meet up with my husband for work. I refuse to have a bunch of loose bags, so my 5 year old carries his own small book bag on the plane, while I have a larger carry-on size book bag with all the other essentials. I wear my belt bag through the airport w/ my phone, passports, AirPods, credit cards, and some cash. It's perfect for having the things you need without having to constantly stop and dig through a larger bag.

• Upvote 6

I was bored, so I watched their latest video. This one was better than usual,  singly because Layla is heavily featured. She’s got her parents’ loud personality, but at her age it’s cute rather than annoying. Best part was when Evan quizzed her on how well she knows him. “What’s Daddy’s real name? Besides Daddy.” “Evan.” “What’s Daddy’s last name?” “Daddy.”

they took a road trip to Nashville to visit Evan’s parents and made a brief stop to see Lawson and Tiffany. Lawson showed off his fancy coffee bar, but all I could see was the refrigerator door hanging open in the background. Maybe Lawson should look 8th a career as a barista. It would be more fulfilling than whatever he does now, 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I was also bothered by the fridge doors open!

The coffee was next level. How can you keep every kinds of milk? Won't it go bad?

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

The coffee was next level. How can you keep every kinds of milk? Won't it go bad?

I mean he keeps them in the fridge. And some milks have higher shelf lives than other. But honestly we often have 3 or 4 types of milk (usually almond, oat and regular, but sometimes we also have half and half) 

The fridge door open bugged me too.

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2023 at 5:33 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I think Carlin is going to have more babies if at all possible. That's her normal. She talks about having more kids A LOT while Evan looks uncomfortable right next to her. So I think she's serious

Good for Evan- it’s basically his call. Sure he would get pressure and comments but I the end, he could decide to be done or to be done for a couple of years and Carlin would have to follow suit.

On 4/27/2023 at 6:41 PM, Keys said:

This is too funny… good for her though haha! 

Thank you guys for making me feel less old. I’m still rocking skinny jeans, but did just move the part in my hair from the side to the middle! Not sure I’m ready for the boob fanny pack though 🤣

no middle part happening here and still in skinnies. I would never wear the boob bag- it has been the official dress code for drug dealers for decades. Especially in combination with sweat pants/gym clothes. I can just imagine trendy people coming here via train might get a rather interesting experience 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Watched their vlog. They did one of those fast food challenges where you order whatever the car in front of you ordered. 

They said they had a pregnancy scare because Carlin was nauseous, dizzy, and tired (presumingly from a med dosage increase). They said they have been very careful during her illness and that they know she isn't pregnant, implying her cycle started.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

Watched their vlog. They did one of those fast food challenges where you order whatever the car in front of you ordered. 

They said they had a pregnancy scare because Carlin was nauseous, dizzy, and tired (presumingly from a med dosage increase). They said they have been very careful during her illness and that they know she isn't pregnant, implying her cycle started.

That challenge is such a waste of money, but more power to them. 

Layla is cute but they are going to have to work with her on her attitude. It's cute now but it will evolve into not so cute as she gets older. Three year olds have tantrums, etc. but the last thing you want to do is act like it is all cute in front of her. Turn off the camera and talk to the child.

Evan quit reading the receipts while you are driving (even in the parking lot).

• Upvote 3

Didnt they do the order what other people order before ?? There was something like that if not that. Boy they are out of ideas for content. I couldn't watch it. I think they've finally put me off.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Didnt they do the order what other people order before ?? There was something like that if not that. Boy they are out of ideas for content. I couldn't watch it. I think they've finally put me off.

Yes, they said people have been asking them to repeat it. 

14 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Yes, they said people have been asking them to repeat it. 

But....why!?  I guess I'm weird. I have zero desire to watch other people eat or order food or drive around in a car doing those things. I don't care about your starbucks order either. I guess I do I see people do these things on youtube a lot. I still don't get it. Rather than watch this why not go out and just try a new thing on the drive thru menu all on your own?

• Upvote 5

I am way too picky to do that. I admit I probably need to branch out. I always order the same thing at restaurants. Like if there’s a chicken salad sandwich, I’ll order it because I love them. Or if I’m getting a coffee it’s almost always a plain latte. I can’t stand the super sweet lattes. It’s too much. I hate most pork products and I am actually pretty weird about meat in general. I basically just eat fish and birds. I could never get what the people in front of me ordered. I bet I would be so disappointed. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am way too picky to do that. I admit I probably need to branch out. I always order the same thing at restaurants. Like if there’s a chicken salad sandwich, I’ll order it because I love them. Or if I’m getting a coffee it’s almost always a plain latte. I can’t stand the super sweet lattes. It’s too much. I hate most pork products and I am actually pretty weird about meat in general. I basically just eat fish and birds. I could never get what the people in front of me ordered. I bet I would be so disappointed. 

But instead do you enjoy watching content of other people doing it?

6 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

But instead do you enjoy watching content of other people doing it?

Definitely not. I have pretty specific YouTube preferences. It’s almost always just someone talking about a topic. I don’t do family channels or anything like that. I guess I watch channels that would work well as podcasts. It’s mostly listening and I don’t have to actually look at the screen much. Sometimes the person is talking about history and sometimes they are talking about cults. Most family channels would make me cringe. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have too many food allergies. I also have misophonia so I couldn't watch them eat, smack, slurp, etc.

• Upvote 4

I couldn't do this challenge, what a waste of money and food and calories. 

Fuck people are starving in the world, I am well aware of how lucky I am to have the choice of what I eat. If I am paying for fast food money and waist size wise, I am sure as hell getting the food I like and I want. 

Fuck me am I old or are people idiots? 'Cause this is a stupid trend that this grumpy 44 year old is judging hard. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

On 5/14/2023 at 12:33 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Layla is cute but they are going to have to work with her on her attitude. It's cute now but it will evolve into not so cute as she gets older. Three year olds have tantrums, etc. but the last thing you want to do is act like it is all cute in front of her. Turn off the camera and talk to the child.

As I like to say...anyone who is fool enough to raise their daughters to be "divas" and "princesses" deserve what is coming to them. : )

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'd like to think.Carlin's youtuber status is going flat. 

Their last video got less views than normal and a couple before that too. Looks like them eating and Layla are not big viewership pulls.

But I think Evan just needs to put more effort into a new super clickbait video and their numbers will go up again.

Curious to see which way this week will go. More layla? A tik tok challenge? Or "WE Thought she would DIE!"

Seems like the past few videos were conceived and implemented in one afternoon. Not requiring much planning etc.

That sweet youtube money is nice but I guess it's nicer if you half ass it

Well wonder of wonders, they provided an informative update...halfway through the video.

She broker her toe and is in a boot. That event was dragged out for 15 mins.

2nd 15mins

They went to a doctor About her seizures. Not sure what type of dr.

They brilliantly brought both kids who were screaming....to.their appt when they wanted to ask serious questions.

They wanted to know about:

the 5 day eeg.

When she can get pregnant again and what they need to do

When she can drive.

5 day test. Dr didn't know they hadn't had the test (according to them). Dr. seems set on getting it asap. Carlin will have to go off meds. Carlin seems like she doesn't want to actually do the test. Said "what if it shows I don't even have epilepsy?"

Pregnancy

According to them dr said it's super fine ok. Just let them know asap so extra monitoring. 

Driving.

If she goes a little longer without an actual lost consciousness seizure she can drive.

Evan says he'd rather drive her forever if needed. Carlin interrupted him to say they just wanna know when and if.

But Evan was really like...um...yeah. we'll see.

They're still having car problems with whatever was wrong with their car that caused them to fishtail as covered in a video a couple weeks ago.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

It seemed like it was a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant at her neurologist's office. It also seemed like someone in scheduling dropped the ball on Carlin's 5 day inpatient test. I was just Carlin pointed out the irony of asking about pregnancy with having her screaming baby and toddler in the room. 

• Upvote 4

Interestingly enough they apparently quit checking up on the scheduling back February. 

Sigh

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

• About the 5 day EEG they had told them they were low priority and that they would call them to shedule. They were waiting for the call since february but they never called and they asumed maybe it was no longer necessary since Carlin meds are working so well. Aparently not, and someone forgot to call them to schedule it, they were told it was going to be soon now. Carlin seems really worried about having to go off her meds for it. Evan mentioned that the previous time she had to go off them for the other EEG it took her a long time to regulate back again. She also is concerned that if she has another episode the time she will have to wait to drive again will increase.
  • About having babies they were told the medication she is currently on should not harm the baby, but that she would need blood checks frecuently during the pregnancy. They said they dont plan to have a baby inmediatly but wanted to know if they were able to have babies in the future or not, since they both come from big families and would like to have more. It seems that Carlin has acepted that her condition is not going away, said she knows she will have to stay in the meds the rest of her life even if they manage to get a diagnosis.
  • About driving they were told since its been months since her last seizure she should be able to start driving this summer as long as she doesnt have another one. The person they asked was not able to tell them if the seizures during the EEG count towards that or not.
  • About the car, aparently it was involved in an accident and even if some pieces were changed and it appeared to be fine for a while it eventually broke down and it is now showing a lot of problems and it will just keep breaking down and basically it is dangerous now and they need a new car. Is this the car Jed sold them? it seems they got scammed.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 5/6/2023 at 7:44 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Maybe a coffee shop where Lawson could show off serving next level coffee creations, act like an important businessman, plus perform and have other live music would be a good direction for them.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:39 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

See that just sounds like an insult to my American ears. You would call someone a Bum Bag if you really hate them. Like a shit bag or a crap bag.

If I have a lot of walking to do and don’t want to carry a purse, I use a small back pack.

Ah. A handbag! I agree though. A small backpack is perfect for a day sightseeing. 

I wonder if Carlin has FOMO with all the Bates baby announcements/births this year, and also with Joy just giving birth. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, llucie said:
  • About the 5 day EEG they had told them they were low priority and that they would call them to shedule. They were waiting for the call since february but they never called and they asumed maybe it was no longer necessary since Carlin meds are working so well. Aparently not, and someone forgot to call them to schedule it, they were told it was going to be soon now. Carlin seems really worried about having to go off her meds for it. Evan mentioned that the previous time she had to go off them for the other EEG it took her a long time to regulate back again. She also is concerned that if she has another episode the time she will have to wait to drive again will increase.
  • About having babies they were told the medication she is currently on should not harm the baby, but that she would need blood checks frecuently during the pregnancy. They said they dont plan to have a baby inmediatly but wanted to know if they were able to have babies in the future or not, since they both come from big families and would like to have more. It seems that Carlin has acepted that her condition is not going away, said she knows she will have to stay in the meds the rest of her life even if they manage to get a diagnosis.
  • About driving they were told since its been months since her last seizure she should be able to start driving this summer as long as she doesnt have another one. The person they asked was not able to tell them if the seizures during the EEG count towards that or not.
  • About the car, aparently it was involved in an accident and even if some pieces were changed and it appeared to be fine for a while it eventually broke down and it is now showing a lot of problems and it will just keep breaking down and basically it is dangerous now and they need a new car. Is this the car Jed sold them? it seems they got scammed.

Pointing out they bought the car from one of the Duggar boys.  Jed,maybe.  Facilitated by Joy as I recall.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic