IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Evan got his Tesla he wanted. They got the 6 seater version. He justifies his purchase that the autopilot could stop the car in case Carlin goes back to driving and has an episode while driving. A 2023 6 seater is $100,000 or some crazy amount. I am watching the video to see if they bought one brand new or a used one. 

They can't let Zach & Whitney be the only one with a $100,000 car. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 7

35 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

OMG how. 🤦‍♀️ It irks me so bad that they can afford this kind of lifestyle. 

The benefit  of pumping your children out on the internet. 

• Upvote 6

It is possible that they make good money from Youtube and other social media sites. They could also have an Amazon or Etsy account that make them money. If so, maybe those accounts are under a different name so  people don't try to get their customers or sponsors leaving them. They could be making passive income that we don't know about. There is many ways one can make money online or through passive income. And given they are public figures, maybe not all their businesses are know to the public. Not because of being shady but just because they want it private.  We really don't know how much money any of these fundie kids like the Duggars and Bates make. Evan and Carlin have 181k subscribers to their YouTube channel. So they are making money from that alone. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gobucks said:

that the autopilot could stop the car in case Carlin goes back to driving and has an episode while driving.

I thought Tesla's autodrive was a massive failure, please tell me someone who is not legally allowed to drive cannot just get into a car with auto drive, and drive legally?

• I Agree 6

Oh they are definitely making money but most of it comes from pumping their kids on the internet. 

Carlin is charging around $3k for her Instagram promotions. YouTube is bringing in another $750 or so a week plus any sponsored content. Plus the boutique. 

2 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

I thought Tesla's autodrive was a massive failure, please tell me someone who is not legally allowed to drive cannot just get into a car with auto drive, and drive legally?

I think they meant if she got her license back but had an incident, at least it would be a fail safe. 

• Upvote 1

Having a family member who had epilepsy, just because Telsa has auto pilot in it's cars doesn't mean it's always safer. Carlin won't be able to drive until she is atleast 6 months seizure free. And if she does have a seizure, it could be anytime and anywhere. Driving, carrying a kid, swimming, shopping, cooking or etc.  One doesn't know when a seizure happens and hopefully they have some kind of alarm system in place if she has a seizure to notify someone. Layla is still too young to get help. If needed, maybe she could but we just don't know. I know as a child, I was trained to go get adult help if possible if family member was having a seizure from a young age and it's scaring for a kid regardless how mature the kid may be. But it was something that had to be done to help the person seizing. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:
3 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

I think they meant if she got her license back but had an incident, at least it would be a fail safe

Ah, OK, thanks!I have very low expectations from any Bateseseses, clearly. Can't think why, haha! Also, too many stories from TN recently have just left me wondering if the whole state is playing "Would I Lie to You". I should've realized - Tesla is still an electric car, after all! I swear, if FL announces toddlers can "drive" in the interstate with Teslas with added coal power tomorrow, I won't even bother to check BBC for confirmation - I'll just check if Erin has Carson in a 16-wheeler coal powered self driving Tesla on her insta.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

They have a lot of income.  And im just shaking my head.

They ought to be saving and buying a sensible car...kids are gonna trash that car. It has a white interior!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Unicorn28 said:

It is possible that they make good money from Youtube and other social media sites. They could also have an Amazon or Etsy account that make them money. If so, maybe those accounts are under a different name so  people don't try to get their customers or sponsors leaving them. They could be making passive income that we don't know about. There is many ways one can make money online or through passive income. And given they are public figures, maybe not all their businesses are know to the public. Not because of being shady but just because they want it private.  We really don't know how much money any of these fundie kids like the Duggars and Bates make. Evan and Carlin have 181k subscribers to their YouTube channel. So they are making money from that alone. 

181k subs is not enough to justify Tesla income. The boutique must be doing really well. But as prices keep rising for cheap Chinese crap, business will eventually drop off. 

And Carlin won't be driving that car. The kids' seats will remain in the SUV. That car is Evan's toy.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think they meant if she got her license back but had an incident, at least it would be a fail safe. 

Yep. That is what Evan meant. He said it could be over the summer that her license comes back but he is VERY nervous about her getting back behind the wheel and this could help his anxiety about it. I am not holding my breath she will be driving this summer though honestly. 

• Upvote 2

How can she be back to driving soon if they're supposedly going to set up the in hospital test that requires her to go off her meds?

Their SUV is all messed up so they won't keep that (presumably). So this tesla keeps them at 1 car after all. Seems like Evan is planning on continuing to drive, which doesn't surprise me as he seems to be the one who thinks ahead.

They get youtube money, youtube sponsorships, and instagram sponsored posts in addition to whatever income the boutique makes

They did live in a very small rental for several years so one must assume that at least for that time they were saving money. Perhaps they paid for their house outright and have relatively few expenses. They don't have student loans, had cheaper cars til the tesla.

The sites that estimate youtube income are saying 8-16k$/mo for them.

Let's assume that's waaaay off. Estimate low that they make 4-5k$. Plus 1 3k$ sponsored post per month either on youtube or instagram. 

That's 7-8k$/mo before any boutique income or if they do more than 1 sponsored post or whether they have other income streams. Evan may well  be editing other people's videos for $ from time to time.

They're living the lifestyle that I see when people are making 100-120k$/year. I expect they're averaging 10k$/month.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They can't let Zach & Whitney be the only one with a $100,000 car. 

I thought Katie and Travis were the only couple who had a Tesla?

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I thought Katie and Travis were the only couple who had a Tesla?

Z and W just got a customized Denali I think.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

They dont have the views to be making that much money from youtube, and they only do 1 video a week. I have seen people with similar views do daily videos. I am sure they make some money, but if they can afford such an expensive car it has to be because of the boutique, same as Zach and Whitney.

About the boutique i find it so annoying that Evan is trying to claim he works there. I dont want to shame Evan for being a stay at home dad. I think its great to reverse gender roles and to allow his wife to work since she is the one with the biggest earning potential in the couple, but i find it annoying that he still has to claim that he also works in the boutique. They post on instagram almost everyday and you can clearly see he rarely even goes, lately it seems even someone else is driving her to work. Then the days he actually goes there he seems to hang around doing nothing all day and at most recording a couple tiktok style videos for the boutique account. Thats not really working. In contrast Zach seems to actually be doing something at the boutique and works as hard as Whitney there.

It seems to me he is embarrased to admit he doesnt have a job currently except for editing the one youtube video once a week. I do think it is great for the kids to be cared for by their dad instead of a babysitter everyday and i am glad one of their parents is able to stay home with them (and he will be a better homeschool teacher than Carlin when the time comes for that).

Edited by llucie
to clarify
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

They dont have the views to be making that much money from youtube, and they only do 1 video a week. I have seen people with similar views do daily videos. I am sure they make some money, but if they can afford such an expensive car it has to be because of the boutique, same as Zach and Whitney.

Yeah. My guess is YouTube brings in about $3000 a month. But Carlin does at least one instagram ad a week, and she is charging around $3.5k for those (based on the typical Instagram scale) so that is another $14k or so a month (plus any commissions/bonuses). 

The boutique does obviously make good money but I think Instagram is their biggest source of cash. 

• Upvote 5

Evan could be doing the tech support for the boutique's website. There's no way to know exactly how much he's doing for them. But I expect most of his work is filming and editing stuff for YouTube and Instagram. He probably is also the one negotiating with the sponsorship companies and acting as a manager for those things.

He has said in the past that he's helped other people do their editing for youtube I think it was.

Do we know who those people were in the new/tesla video? The guy at his house with all the monitors set up?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Do we know who those people were in the new/tesla video? The guy at his house with all the monitors set up?

The guy at his house with the monitors is his brother-in law (married to one of his sisters) and they were visiting.

• Thank You 1

I think that is the brother in law that he is really close to. Daniel Sparkman? Someone can clarify. I am not 100% sure of the name. 

3 hours ago, gobucks said:

I think that is the brother in law that he is really close to. Daniel Sparkman? Someone can clarify. I am not 100% sure of the name. 

Yes, he is married to Evan sister Ashley and have 3 kids that were also featured in the vlog. He seems super close to all his sisters and their families. Not so much to his brother Ethan, or at least thats the impression i have gotten, specially for being so close in age.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I can understand the motivations for a Tesla if Carlin is determined to drive. 

I mean, maybe there are other reasons, too, but I can't really fault them for buying whatever it is they want even without that reason, but I think it shows thought for Carlin's and the family's well being. 

It is interesting to me how a few of the Bates and handful of Duggars adult children went offline once they hit late 20s. I wonder if that's when they all begin to maybe reckon with what it was like to growup on camera and not want that for their kids. I wonder if that will hit later for the Bates or if they will just sell their kids' childhoods. It's sad in a different way to think of the next generation being free from the cult but likely carrying this other kind of being harmed/exploited by their parents.

• Upvote 1

I think Carlin is a secondary consideration.  Evan's been going on about tesla for years....on and on and on about it.

And just drooling over Travis and Katie's tesla.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

If Carlin were still driving, I'd bet we'd see a "oops, my car's battery is dead because I forgot to charge it....giggle, I'm such as silly girl" video.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

I am sure she will be driving in no time. Evan made a point to mention in the last vlog that their doctors made a follow up recently and called them to tell her she can drive this summer if she has no more episodes.

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic