IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Pointing out they bought the car from one of the Duggar boys.  Jed,maybe.  Facilitated by Joy as I recall.

Yep. This is the Ford Explorer they bought and drove back from Arkansas. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

Does she mean all the mass shooting her family will never do anything to prevent? IMG_5911.thumb.png.673654760a12a1394db91893e5fd824e.png

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Does she mean all the mass shooting her family will never do anything to prevent? IMG_5911.thumb.png.673654760a12a1394db91893e5fd824e.png

I saw this and had the same thought! Like your brothers are fun fanatics and pose sexy with guns… seems like a double standard. But then someone on Reddit pointed out that maybe she meant the teaching about more “left-wing” topics 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, Keys said:

I saw this and had the same thought! Like your brothers are fun fanatics and pose sexy with guns… seems like a double standard. But then someone on Reddit pointed out that maybe she meant the teaching about more “left-wing” topics 

Yes, that could be it also. I didn’t think of that because my main concern would be my kid getting murdered, not my kid learning that earth is more than 6000 years old and or that people can identify as a gender other than the sex they were born. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I figured she meant how the gays are taking over and turning all the children into drag queens. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

I expect that car they bought from duggars was very cheap and came from an auction. 

I can't quite figure out if making layla go on about a pink tesla is a 100% joke...or a lazy grift. "Hey maybe somebody will feel sorry about carlins toe and health issues....and give us a tesla or some other car!"

It was very odd how they tacked it onto the end.

(They dragged oit broken toe for nearly 15 mins of "suspense" and then suddenly declared in last 3 mins how they need a new car and wouldnt a tesla be nice)

And it wouldn't surprise me if in their minds it's sorta like how Gil is always talking about trust in God and it happens excuse for his grift. Carlin's not stupid .

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I expect that car they bought from duggars was very cheap and came from an auction. 

I can't quite figure out if making layla go on about a pink tesla is a 100% joke...or a lazy grift. "Hey maybe somebody will feel sorry about carlins toe and health issues....and give us a tesla or some other car!"

It was very odd how they tacked it onto the end.

(They dragged oit broken toe for nearly 15 mins of "suspense" and then suddenly declared in last 3 mins how they need a new car and wouldnt a tesla be nice)

And it wouldn't surprise me if in their minds it's sorta like how Gil is always talking about trust in God and it happens excuse for his grift. Carlin's not stupid .

Even if it was cheap it is really shitty to re-sell a car that was involved in an accident and could be dangerous. I am glad they said it publically even if Jed is their friend. Whoever buys from him should know the risks involved with the cars. 

I think the pink tesla thing its a joke. Katie and Travis said they realiced the tesla is too small for them now that they have 1 kid and that they need a new car. Maybe they can sell it to Evan.

• Upvote 4

You can tell in the car title it's been wrecked before. Many cars from auctions have issues like this (its how they end up at auction). People will buy these cars because they are cheaper. 

They're the dented cans of the grocery clearance.

Pretty much all the small individual used car lots buy their stock from auctions and I think most people are aware that's what you're  getting

It's on Evan and Carlin for wanting a nicer car than they could afford at the time and taking that risk.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

You can tell in the car title it's been wrecked before. Many cars from auctions have issues like this (its how they end up at auction). People will buy these cars because they are cheaper. 

They're the dented cans of the grocery clearance.

Pretty much all the small individual used car lots buy their stock from auctions and I think most people are aware that's what you're  getting

It's on Evan and Carlin for wanting a nicer car than they could afford at the time and taking that risk.

It’s a salvaged title right? Can’t be financed, so they obviously paid cash. It works for some people but I wouldn’t make it my primary vehicle with two small kiddos. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Margarita said:

It’s a salvaged title right? Can’t be financed, so they obviously paid cash. It works for some people but I wouldn’t make it my primary vehicle with two small kiddos. 

Sometimes a car gets damaged in such a way that the insurance company decides it's not worth the cost of repairs (more and more common since cars are designed to crumple).

When that happens the car is "totalled " and the title becomes salvage or whatever it's called locally

I actually bought a car back from being totalled. Repaired the car and moved on. If it's a side ding or something like pain scratches  sometimes people can pop out the dings or replace a side mirror themselves etc and it's fine.

But buying from auction (and people who sell cars purchased from auction) can't really know how badly car was damaged and in what way.

My father had this obsession with car auctions when I was younger. Before being able to check titles online! It really was just guessing and using your knowledge to figure out what might be wrong. 

Some auction cars also come from.repos and from when you trade in a car at a bigger dealership. They can't all the cars the "trade in" on their used lot so the less desirable ones go to auction.

But I doubt Evan's big suv was this scenario. 

It may have been really nasty or had some damage the duggars fixed. 

Evan drove it for a few years right? That's pretty good for a car from.who knows where and an owner who is not a handy guy to check on it and do ongoing replacement etc

• Upvote 2

There's a rose gold Tesla I see around town. Now I'm happy I'm in California because it isn't Carlin and Evan.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Sometimes a car gets damaged in such a way that the insurance company decides it's not worth the cost of repairs (more and more common since cars are designed to crumple).

When that happens the car is "totalled " and the title becomes salvage or whatever it's called locally

I actually bought a car back from being totalled. Repaired the car and moved on. If it's a side ding or something like pain scratches  sometimes people can pop out the dings or replace a side mirror themselves etc and it's fine.

But buying from auction (and people who sell cars purchased from auction) can't really know how badly car was damaged and in what way.

My father had this obsession with car auctions when I was younger. Before being able to check titles online! It really was just guessing and using your knowledge to figure out what might be wrong. 

Some auction cars also come from.repos and from when you trade in a car at a bigger dealership. They can't all the cars the "trade in" on their used lot so the less desirable ones go to auction.

But I doubt Evan's big suv was this scenario. 

It may have been really nasty or had some damage the duggars fixed. 

Evan drove it for a few years right? That's pretty good for a car from.who knows where and an owner who is not a handy guy to check on it and do ongoing replacement etc

It sounds like they didn't find out it was a wrecker until they took it in for repairs. This shouldn't happen in the age of CarFax.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I would guess they didn't check. But again...I think it's sort of a given when you're buying a cheap car from people who buy from auctions to resell.

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I would guess they didn't check. But again...I think it's sort of a given when you're buying a cheap car from people who buy from auctions to resell.

Well, Carlin and Evan aren't known for their intellect. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, Carlin and Evan aren't known for their intellect. 

Well to be fair i had no idea either cars that were totalled were able to be legally sold after. I have heard baby car seats are no longer valid after an accident and asumed cars would be the same and no way they would pass inspection after a huge wreck like that. So i was wrong in my previous comment and Jed bussiness is perfectly legal and not a scam.

I hope they go to someone else for their next car though, it is not worth risking your kids lives over a cheaper car and they can afford it.

• Upvote 1

That's why people check the titles with carfax.

Buying a wrecked car isn't necessarily bad. It could be a plastic side panel was damaged by a sideswipe. Labor and parts being what they are now the insurance company may say "its cheaper  for us the insurance to total the car rather than pay for parts and labor and a new paint job"

So if you are a handy person who can pop off the side panel and get one from a junk yard and you either don't care about matching paint or maybe it's white or black and easy to find a match- hey go for it!

I was rear ended at a light a few years ago. All it did was scratch the bumper and the paint (low speed, wasn't paying attention and didn't stop in time)

Her insurance didn't total my car but they determined just fixing that was gonna be like 700-800 dollars. So I got a check for that amount. But I never did the repair. Didn't affect me at all that the bumper was scratched. But my car was probably worth 2000 or less so it wouldn't have taken much more for it to get totaled. 

If you're buying used to save the difference you gotta also buyer beware!

• Upvote 4

On 5/21/2023 at 3:00 AM, AussieKrissy said:

I'm afraid she means critical race theory and inclusion, but I hope at least she's aware of the shootings and that's what she actually refers to. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Didn't they just sell Carlin's car because she hasn't been able to drive? Now, per their weekly vlog, she may be able to drive sooner rather than later. So they will be in the market for two cars? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I'm afraid she means critical race theory and inclusion, but I hope at least she's aware of the shootings and that's what she actually refers to. 

The school shooting at a Christian school in Nashville happened less than two months ago. I’m sure she’s aware of it. I assumed that’s what she was referring to. They could send their kids to a Christian school to avoid the public school “indoctrination” but they can’t eliminate the possibility of a school shooting even at a Christian school.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Unfortunately, churches are just as much a soft target as schools.  They might even be bigger targets as I don’t know any church that locks the doors once services begin.  I bet their kids will go to some sort of Sunday and Wednesday night classes. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Well to be fair i had no idea either cars that were totalled were able to be legally sold after. I have heard baby car seats are no longer valid after an accident and asumed cars would be the same and no way they would pass inspection after a huge wreck like that. So i was wrong in my previous comment and Jed bussiness is perfectly legal and not a scam.

I hope they go to someone else for their next car though, it is not worth risking your kids lives over a cheaper car and they can afford it.

A deer murdered my beloved Mazda CX-9 in February 2020. It was totalled because it was 13 years old, not because it couldn't be fixed safely, which is typically something to do with the framework. And then it was most certainly fixed and resold. I loved that thing so much and planned to keep it at least two more years. My payout came through about three days before everything non-essential was going to be shut down, so I had to replace it quickly with something used and inexpensive, otherwise I'd have tracked it down and rebought it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, llucie said:

Well, if you put your little kid (under the age of 4-5y) forward facing then you’re gambling with their lives no matter what car you have. I really honestly don’t understand why so many turn their kids at a young age. Why not have them rear-facing as long as possible when it’s the safest way? Of course you should choose a good car too, but rear-facing prevents a lot of damage to kids in car accidents. 

• Eyeroll 5

Total BEC snark on my part--I know Carlin has a lot going on in her life, but uncrustables, really?  She's a complete failure as a fundy-keeper-at-home.image.png.f422b0b8f75b460ed0243ad25da91124.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cupcake79 said:

Well, if you put your little kid (under the age of 4-5y) forward facing then you’re gambling with their lives no matter what car you have. I really honestly don’t understand why so many turn their kids at a young age. Why not have them rear-facing as long as possible when it’s the safest way? Of course you should choose a good car too, but rear-facing prevents a lot of damage to kids in car accidents. 

Why stop at 4 or 5? If you don’t backwards face your kids until they are 16 you are risking their lives. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Total BEC snark on my part--I know Carlin has a lot going on in her life, but uncrustables, really?  She's a complete failure as a fundy-keeper-at-home.image.png.f422b0b8f75b460ed0243ad25da91124.png

I dont think Carlin ever had that change that Erin went through where she suddenly discovered the joy of cooking. 

They seem to eat out more than in. I don't think they ever cook.

I think she used to cook before social media and bsb money but now they can always eat out (apparently) 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic