IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, postscript said:

I could have lived without five minutes of card games, the real object of which was to allow Evan to throw water on Carlin. Evan's "challenges" always seem so mean-spirited. 

Interesting. Is Carlin Joy's bff? Austin's various "jokes" always come across as mean spirited, too. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Interesting. Is Carlin Joy's bff? Austin's various "jokes" always come across as mean spirited, too. 

Yes, they are besties. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I gotta agree with some of the criticism on Carlin's Insta right now. This shirt is inappropriate. Not because of sexuality, but because its simply ridiculous. I keep on saying it-- Raising Layla to be a preening diva is going to bite Carlin in the ass one day.

image.png.5d9b0ec2ce7ae7c07ed1e34235aa2fbb.png

Why on earth would someone dress a child who is straddling toddler/preschool age like that? I hate dressing young children to be « sexy »; it teaches them that their value is in their body’s appearance. Further, that stupid shirt can’t be comfortable. 
My same-age kid started full time nursery last week and has worn t-shirts with skorts or leggings. She can run, climb, paint etc and not worry about clothes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

I guess Layla can’t go to regular preschool because I think the teachers might have a word with the Stewarts if Layla showed up in that shirt. If Carlin wouldn’t wear a shirt like that herself, how does she consider it appropriate for Layla?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

Why on earth would someone dress a child who is straddling toddler/preschool age like that? I hate dressing young children to be « sexy »; it teaches them that their value is in their body’s appearance. Further, that stupid shirt can’t be comfortable. 
My same-age kid started full time nursery last week and has worn t-shirts with skorts or leggings. She can run, climb, paint etc and not worry about clothes. 

Yep, totally agree. What is the purpose of clothing geared toward teens and adult woman made for preschoolers? Can there actually be a profitable market for that? It’s just weird. Also, it looks like it would chafe that one arm pit and across her chest. It can’t possibly be comfortable.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Carlin has always used Layla as a prop, from the way she held her as a baby off to the side like a shopping bag to way she dresses her and films her now. Those dance classes are 100% for content. I'm sure Carlin can't wait for recital costumes.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I gotta agree with some of the criticism on Carlin's Insta right now. This shirt is inappropriate. Not because of sexuality, but because its simply ridiculous. I keep on saying it-- Raising Layla to be a preening diva is going to bite Carlin in the ass one day.

image.png.5d9b0ec2ce7ae7c07ed1e34235aa2fbb.png

Seriously? This ranks with the infant bell bottoms as one of Carlin’s worst clothing choices. I get the impression Carlin buys kids’ clothes she thinks are cute without any thought of whether they’re practical or even if they’re going to fit for more than one wearing.

I always hate it when mothers proudly say that their young child is a diva. “Diva” as a preschooler will turn into “brat” once they hit kindergarten, particularly if they plan to homeschool Layla and limit her interaction with non-family kids. Carlin is setting herself up for endless teen and tween drama. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, postscript said:

Seriously? This ranks with the infant bell bottoms as one of Carlin’s worst clothing choices. I get the impression Carlin buys kids’ clothes she thinks are cute without any thought of whether they’re practical or even if they’re going to fit for more than one wearing.

I always hate it when mothers proudly say that their young child is a diva. “Diva” as a preschooler will turn into “brat” once they hit kindergarten, particularly if they plan to homeschool Layla and limit her interaction with non-family kids. Carlin is setting herself up for endless teen and tween drama. 

"Diva" and "brat" are, sadly, how Carlin seemed to differentiate herself from her sisters before adulthood (and, sure, now). I have no doubt she was legit desperate for attention. Without psychological help, her behavior and her encouragement of Layla's behavior won't change. It's sad and depressing.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, raayx01 said:

honestly I feel like Layla is spoiled and its not going to get any better as she gets older

Exactly. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when, 10 years from now, Layla wants to wear a 1 armed shirt again. And a bikini.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, raayx01 said:

honestly I feel like Layla is spoiled and its not going to get any better as she gets older

Exactly...I am not expecting to see her disciplined on camera. However, bowing to her every whim and reinforcing her behavior by calling her a princess is not doing her any favors. In the latest video, they took her shopping for leotards, shoes, etc. for class. A class that is once a week for an hour if a normal one. They purchased a pair of ballet shoes and a pair of tap shoes. They purchased two black leotards and a pink one with a tutu that can't be worn to class because she wanted it. 

I was a dancer who started at Layla's age. I still remember the first trip to the dancewear store (such things weren't sold at Target or other discount stores and there was no Amazon). I got my shoes. I got one leotard and a pair of tights. My mother was firm that I would not get more until I showed that I liked it and would continue. Let's not even go there that buying from a dance store is significantly more expensive than getting items from Target. I'm not a fan of getting a child a haul of stuff because they say they want it. I wanted a pig when I was Layla's age. Thankfully my parents didn't listen since we didn't live on a freaking farm.

Evan seems to half heartedly try to parent Layla. For example the water/card game. I can hear my mother's voice now saying that there "are rules for every game. Don't follow the rules, don't play." I say this as someone who had to sit out board game night because I would never follow the rules. 

They highlight her for money on their social media and then reward her for acting out. It won't end well. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I'm not a fan of getting a child a haul of stuff because they say they want it. I wanted a pig when I was Layla's age. Thankfully my parents didn't listen since we didn't live on a freaking farm.

This reminds me of a story of my son. When he was 2, I explained to him that it’s daddy’s birthday next week and asked him what we should get daddy for his birthday. His answer: “A real life cat!” I told him that maaaayyybe that’s not such a great idea considering we lived in an apartment, and that maybe he could think of another good idea for a birthday present? His answer, beaming with pride over his great a idea: “A real life PIG!” 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic