IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 13: Living on SM Income

Coconut Flan

Posting here because Carlin was wearing one on her stories today. I think maybe I’m just old or have lost sense of fashion in my new role as a mom lol, but I just can’t get behind that new bag trend that is like a Fanny pack but around your boobs. I’ve seen soooo many women wearing them recently and I just don’t get it haha 

(Also zero judgement if anyone reading this has one… like I said it’s probably just my lack of fashion sense lol)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Keys said:

Posting here because Carlin was wearing one on her stories today. I think maybe I’m just old or have lost sense of fashion in my new role as a mom lol, but I just can’t get behind that new bag trend that is like a Fanny pack but around your boobs. I’ve seen soooo many women wearing them recently and I just don’t get it haha 

(Also zero judgement if anyone reading this has one… like I said it’s probably just my lack of fashion sense lol)

And people wear those things to amusement parks and for a full day’s worth of activities…they look so uncomfortable. How would something that rides your boob be more comfortable than a Fannie pack? Add me to the not getting it camp.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And people wear those things to amusement parks and for a full day’s worth of activities…they look so uncomfortable. How would something that rides your boob be more comfortable than a Fannie pack? Add me to the not getting it camp.

Thank Lululemon for bringing that trend to the forefront.  It's called the Everywhere Belt Bag and at the height of its popularity, was sold out everywhere and were going for big bucks on Ebay.  https://shop.lululemon.com/p/bags/Everywhere-Belt-Bag/_/prod8900747?color=60998&sz=ONESIZE  

The smaller bags retail from $38-$48.  You can buy knockoffs on Amazon for much less.  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 4

I've never seen anything like that before. How strange. Damn FJ is making me feel my age today. Now let me go find my Ben Gay and hard candies... 

• Haha 11

13 hours ago, Keys said:

I’m 40 and one of my closest friends said she would never wear a Fanny pack the regular way because it would draw attention to her belly. She would rather wear it the trendy way and draw attention to her boobs 😂

• Haha 14

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m 40 and one of my closest friends said she would never wear a Fanny pack the regular way because it would draw attention to her belly. She would rather wear it the trendy way and draw attention to her boobs 😂

This is too funny… good for her though haha! 

Thank you guys for making me feel less old. I’m still rocking skinny jeans, but did just move the part in my hair from the side to the middle! Not sure I’m ready for the boob fanny pack though 🤣

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Keys said:

Thank you guys for making me feel less old. I’m still rocking skinny jeans, but did just move the part in my hair from the side to the middle! Not sure I’m ready for the boob fanny pack though 🤣

I move my part to the middle when I really need to dye my gray roots. They are much less noticeable when the part is in the middle. 

I say just go with what you like. Trends go much faster these days. Trend cycles used to be much longer. But now with social media and fast fashion, things come and go in a matter of months sometimes. So I say just wear whatever you like. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Keys said:

I will die on the hill of the side part. If I part in the middle, you can see my hair thinning and it points down at my large nose. I will never do the fanny pack or as Sally Field called it in 80 for Brady - the strap on.

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Keys said:

Skinny jeans here too lol. I don't get the boob pack though. Why not just use a small crossbody purse? And how do you decide which boob gets the star billing on any given day? "Well, my left breast seems slightly perkier so maybe the right breast should get some attention this time out." WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE.

• Haha 13

Carlin posted that she was having a hard time with the lights at the shopping convention (is that what it’s called?) that they’re at, and had to take a break to sit on the floor. Then this the next day… it looks like she had an episode there. Feel for her. Evan looks concerned. 

image.thumb.png.7a0a7de1488742fb485828a4392251ab.png

• Thank You 4

I hate bright lights. I recently bought some very ugly very dark sunglasses for very bright light. If I knew her, I would recommend big dark glasses for the horrible bright halogen lights. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Skinny jeans and Fanny pack around midsection because the boob pack is just weird.  (And the Fanny pack is typically worn when I walk for exercise and don’t have pockets)

• Upvote 3

She's said in a Q&A video that she likely has epilepsy, an episode brought on by bright lights seems to support that.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Fanny pack still makes me guffaw greatly. It’s a Bum bag folks. A Bum bag. :cracking-up:

See that just sounds like an insult to my American ears. You would call someone a Bum Bag if you really hate them. Like a shit bag or a crap bag.

If I have a lot of walking to do and don’t want to carry a purse, I use a small back pack.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

I usually carry a small-ish handbag, which then gets filled with all the crap my partner carries about and doesn't want to put in his pockets. It's my conspiracy theory that male designers don't add pockets to women's clothes, so we will have to carry the men's crap.

I cannot be doing with bum bags - they make me look pregnant; and wearing them cross-body doesn't look great on me either. Plus, having lived when so many people wore bum bags, the cross-body bags just look to me like someone got dressed wonky. I hate carrying bags mostly, though. If they are small, they are always too small, even before my partner gives me his crap; anything large enough to hold keys, phones, tissues, card/note/coin purses for 2 people, plus headache tablets, lipstick, powder, at minimum - then I am rooting around for ages trying to find what I need. The backpack type ones are better, but wear on one shoulder or two? Two is a pain to get into fast, one and it just slips off like a normal bag. I do not know how so many women can be so elegant and organised with their bags, but at the age of 44, after so much practice, I still look no better than my old tutor, who just carried nested plastic bags, and was not infrequently offered spare change or a cup of tea on the streets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

When cyclists first started wearing fanny packs, they were worn at the back while riding, although jerseys have two or three rear pockets. What I found weird was when people started wearing them in the front, instead, which they did to keep things more safely, of course. It seemed awkward and ugly to me, but I understand that they really liked it. But no "folks" about it, we can call it fanny here, and people can say bum elsewhere. 

I looked at the lululemon page, and I don't like how the model is wearing that crossbody version so high up, but it's clearly adjustable, so it might be pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

So, at an event I was at this weekend I used a fanny pack. When I would go to the bathroom, I would use it as a boob bag just for convenience sake of dealing with my maternity pants as well. It was so uncomfortable. 

I had to Google this boob pack thing because I couldn't imagine how that looked.

Then strangely enough yesterday my coworker and I were leaving at the same time so I waited for her. And watched in bemused horror as she cross bodied her fanny pack. It was all I could do to stop myself from a crazed "omg  FUNDIES!" Declaration to her...somebody I don't know very well and almost certainly knows nothing about fundies.

I feel so "stylish" and trendy now (not!!)

• Haha 9

Lolll I’m loving all these responses 😂 

Had to share that I’m attending a conference virtually this weekend, and received a swag box for it today. Inside was none other than a boob bag 😂😂 is this a sign I need to convert?! 

• Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

All through Josie's 18th birthday party, all I could think was how much Evan and Kelton wanted to kiss sooooo bad.

• Eyeroll 1

I guess Carlin has declared herself cured. Thank goodness she didn't have an "episode" while up there.

6FD5B3E1-DCDF-438D-B4CD-B446B327F6AC.thumb.jpeg.4efdc4cfd1d1ef3b188eaf862d0a6b34.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1

My teens have been wearing the "boob bag" for a few years now. I think they started getting popular around here 2020/2021 when everyone was switching to loungewear. It's not something I like, but they both use them when they do carry a purse. Usually, they use their phones with a stick-on wallet thing or a lanyard, but for amusement parks or when they need to carry more than an ID/debit card, they use the little cross-body fanny pack thing. 

They were actually super popular when we spent quite a bit of time in Asia 2017-2019. They were mostly used by men that we saw though.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic