IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

Lazy Lori must be taking a day off from her commandment to be keeper at home.  In the last 6 hours she's posted 3 FBs and been very active in the comments.

Yesterday she FB posted that the western sun in her kitchen showed all the dust handprints/ fingerprints that need cleaning.

I guess the housekeeper got after that this morning.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yesterday she FB posted that the western sun in her kitchen showed all the dust handprints/ fingerprints that need cleaning.

I guess the housekeeper got after that this morning.

Probably after getting a stern talking to by Madame Lori. 🧹🧽🧺

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Old Lori would shit herself after the news I got today...I LANDED MY DREAM JOB!!! My old ass gets to start over sort of at Lockheed Martin Space. And...they'll even pay for my old ass to finish my BSME too! 

Lori...fuck you. My life is FAR from over at 59. I'm not gonna keep my ass at home either! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 25

Lori got her feelings hurt again. Twice.

In IG stories today she is all upset that another online Godly woman/mentor (Michele Lesley) called her out as dangerous and ungodly. Now if you follow Michele, she espouses some of the same stuff Lori does, but is much nicer and kinder than Lori.  Others on Michele's FB page talked about how Lori really doesn't teach, but is mean, and condescending, graceless and doesn't so much teach as ridicules and condemns.  Lori didn't like it (also because Michele believes a woman DOESN"T have to just teach "biblical womanhood" but can also teach other women other biblical truths, in other words the WHOLE Bible.  Lori leghumper and resident mean girl Ana Castro showed up defend Lori and was promptly put in her place. 

So what happens next?? Lori publishes a blog post doubling down on how only MEN can teach the Bible and how women CAN ONLY teach the love your husbands and your children and be ready for sex at all times stuff.  Not all that other Bible stuff. No sirree. 

Butt hurt #2. Yesterday Lori posted a pic of her kitchen and someone left a comment to the effect of how much it cost to live in such a house with only one working spouse.  Once again, tone deaf Lori who doesn't' seem to understand or CARE that most people don't live life that ad even MUST WORK to afford a  house even more modest thatn that.   

So what happens next?  Lori publishes a blog (two in one day! She must be really steaming) post defending her lifestyle and saying how her appliances are really really really really old.  She called the comment "unkind" and then practically confirmed she is agoraphobic and NEVER leaves her house (she doesn't mention the summer long vacation to Door County).   I thought it RICh that lori was calling others "unkind" when she is the most unkind, graceless, righteous mean girl around.  She like to dish it out and then pleads victim. 

Sorry Lori you can't have it both ways. No wonder you had no friend growing up or in HS.  You are not a nice person. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

I don't think Lori really cares at all about people who are 'lower' than her on the socioeconomic scale. Those people exist only to serve her needs--the clerk at the organic food store, the phlebotomist who takes her blood at the doctor's office, the guy who comes out to service the HVAC, her housekeeper...to her, I think they're the modern-day equivalent of the servants at Downton Abbey; they're there solely to provide her with a service and other than that, they just don't really count. They might be Christians, but they're on a lower rung of the Christian ladder than she is. 

Out of curiosity I looked up Lori's house on Zillow and other real estate sites. At the moment, her 3082 square foot house, with five bedrooms and three bathrooms, is worth just over two million dollars. They bought it in 1998 for $450,000, which was quite a lot at that time. My husband and I were looking at houses around then, thinking to move into a better area school-wise for the kids, and the house we wanted but couldn't afford (it was sooooo nice!) was just under $200,000. Granted I don't live in SoCal, but even adjusting for location, they paid a lot more than most people could afford at the time, not to mention even now--the house we bought just two years ago certainly didn't cost $450k!

Lori seems to just not understand what things cost anymore. She has no concept of rising prices and how that can seriously affect a family's budget, or the difference in salary of a person working retail or a blue collar job vs one with a big corner office atop a high-rise in a major city. She just doesn't think, or care, about the people in those lower-paying jobs and how they're supposed to manage on one income in these times. She just blithely says to women, 'Go home. Learn to live on your husband's salary, get rid of that second car, shop thrifts, forego those luxury vacations and designer handbags etc etc' but doesn't get that a salary of $50,000 or less (or even more than that in a lot of cases!) doesn't even stretch to the bare minimum in many parts of the country.

I sometimes wonder if she even knows how much Ken makes or how much her house is worth. Does he hide all that from her? Is she still mentally living in 1985 when it comes to cost of living?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Lori doesn’t care about those less fortunate than she is because if she cared, it would mean she was acknowledging that they exist, and if they exist, it would disprove her claim that the Lord ALWAYS provides, and if that claim was disproved, it would mean that maybe people really should limit their family size, or that moms might have to work just to make ends meet. It’s like the whole Adam and Eve and Noah’s Ark thing. If scientific evidence disproves either event, then the inerrancy of entire Bible is questionable and that is a slope too slippery to consider. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

So what happens next?? Lori publishes a blog post doubling down on how only MEN can teach the Bible and how women CAN ONLY teach the love your husbands and your children and be ready for sex at all times stuff.  Not all that other Bible stuff. No sirree. 

sorry to quote myself, but now she has an IG story doubling down on this. For someone who proclaims to love blunt truth, she is sure offended that another Christian woman would call her teaching out as dangerous. Lori...I think thou dost protest too much. I'm sure she's pouting to Ken about it. 

• Upvote 4

Isn't Michelle Lesley the one who publishes the list of women preachers (Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, etc) to mark and avoid? The list that Lori shares whenever she feels the need to diss all celebrity women Bible teachers except herself? The name sounds very familiar.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

sn't Michelle Lesley the one who publishes the list of women preachers (Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, etc) to mark and avoid? The list that Lori shares whenever she feels the need to diss all celebrity women Bible teachers except herself?

One and the same.  I think that is why Lori is so upset that Michelle called her out for legalism and other problematic teachings! 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

One and the same.  I think that is why Lori is so upset that Michelle called her out for legalism and other problematic teachings! 

Thanks! Yeah, I found her FB page and have been scrolling through it, reading posts and comments that catch my eye. She seems to believe pretty much the same as Lori, but she's ever so slightly less harsh, and seems to understand legalism and what's wrong with it, whereas Lori just doesn't get it at all, and refuses to admit her own legalism is a huge problem with her teachings.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 4/25/2023 at 10:22 PM, feministxtian said:

Old Lori would shit herself after the news I got today...I LANDED MY DREAM JOB!!! My old ass gets to start over sort of at Lockheed Martin Space. And...they'll even pay for my old ass to finish my BSME too! 

Lori...fuck you. My life is FAR from over at 59. I'm not gonna keep my ass at home either! 

CONGRATS!  I was an aerospace engineer at Boeing for 20 years!

• Upvote 7

Just now, hollyfeller said:

CONGRATS!  I was an aerospace engineer at Boeing for 20 years!

HOW COOL!!!! I'll be an Engineering Aide, which, as explained to me, is like being a Jr. Engineer. It shocked the shit out of me because I didn't interview for that particular position. The HR lady was kind enough to explain how I got the position. The design manager took his notes to this other manager...I guess to discuss things...other manager was like "I could use an Aide and she knows too much to be just a designer". So...here we are. The pay is CRAZY!!!! Bennies are awesome and CHEAP! Like, 32 bucks a week for the primo medical insurance! 

And to prove my geek bona fides...I'm watching a YouTube video on LOCKHEED Skunk Works. They're just getting to the SR-71 (that makes me droooooooool!). Goddamn that thing is SEXY AF!!!! 

Yes, I'm totally bouncing and nerding out HARD right now! 

• Love 23

On 4/26/2023 at 11:30 AM, SongRed7 said:

Lori got her feelings hurt again. Twice.

In IG stories today she is all upset that another online Godly woman/mentor (Michele Lesley) called her out as dangerous and ungodly. Now if you follow Michele, she espouses some of the same stuff Lori does, but is much nicer and kinder than Lori.  Others on Michele's FB page talked about how Lori really doesn't teach, but is mean, and condescending, graceless and doesn't so much teach as ridicules and condemns.  Lori didn't like it (also because Michele believes a woman DOESN"T have to just teach "biblical womanhood" but can also teach other women other biblical truths, in other words the WHOLE Bible.  Lori leghumper and resident mean girl Ana Castro showed up defend Lori and was promptly put in her place. 

Butt hurt #2. Yesterday Lori posted a pic of her kitchen and someone left a comment to the effect of how much it cost to live in such a house with only one working spouse.  Once again, tone deaf Lori who doesn't' seem to understand or CARE that most people don't live life that ad even MUST WORK to afford a  house even more modest thatn that.   

So what happens next?  Lori publishes a blog (two in one day! She must be really steaming) post defending her lifestyle and saying how her appliances are really really really really old.  She called the comment "unkind" and then practically confirmed she is agoraphobic and NEVER leaves her house (she doesn't mention the summer long vacation to Door County).   I thought it RICh that lori was calling others "unkind" when she is the most unkind, graceless, righteous mean girl around.  She like to dish it out and then pleads victim. 

Sorry Lori you can't have it both ways. No wonder you had no friend growing up or in HS.  You are not a nice person. 

Resident Mean Girl Ana Castro.😂 I had conversations with this girl before I was blocked on Lori’s fb page. 

• Upvote 3

Oooooooo deets please.  Do tell if you can.

( I completely totally agree that Ana Castro is the resident mean girl)

• Upvote 3

My niece is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthesiologist.   She and a bunch of her nurse friends went to their kids' preschool the other day - she had the cutest pictures on FB and did a 'career day'.  I was looking at how adorable they all were and how much fun they were having and thought of Lori clutching her pearls and scolding.  All these working outside the home moms who loved their jobs!  All these kids so happy in pre school  All this indoctrination  about how the non penis holders can grow up and do anything they work toward.  It's appalling I tell you, just, I don't know how she'd cope!  

@feministxtian yay for your dream job!!  Congratulations!  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

Alyssa was recently on IG for advice regarding her little daughter who is, apparently, a climber. She seems to want to go the gentler routes - redirection, monitoring, offering safe spaces to climb. It made me sad to think that Lori’s advice would be to spank the toddler until she gave up her love of climbing. I’m glad Alyssa seems to distance herself from her mother’s parenting style. 

Also, Alyssa recently mentioned that she and Tenley trade babysitting so each couple can go out for a child free evening on occasion. Again, It’s nice to see that she has found a way to avoid Lori’s babysitting services, at least for one thing. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

It made me sad to think that Lori’s advice would be to spank the toddler until she gave up her love of climbing. I

Yeah, it'd be beat the kid until she keeps both feet on the floor. 

• Upvote 7

On 4/26/2023 at 9:25 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Lori doesn’t care about those less fortunate than she is because if she cared, it would mean she was acknowledging that they exist, and if they exist, it would disprove her claim that the Lord ALWAYS provides, and if that claim was disproved, it would mean that maybe people really should limit their family size, or that moms might have to work just to make ends meet. It’s like the whole Adam and Eve and Noah’s Ark thing. If scientific evidence disproves either event, then the inerrancy of entire Bible is questionable and that is a slope too slippery to consider. 

If Lori would have lived during victorian times, she would be the woman that complained to her friend over tea about how lazy her maid is and that she couldn't do anything right. Said maid would be working 15 hour a day all through the week with maybe an afternoon per week of if Lori would feel generous.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Something mote than the obvious is up with Lori.  She no longer restricts comments on Twitter.  She and Elizabeth Prata have been going at it.  As much as I don’t like Elizabeth bc they are almost cut from the same cloth, Elizabeth is right.  She is taking issue with Lori’s idolization of men, motherhood and home keeping, her stance on only being qualified to teach biblical womanhood, and her punishment of children (especially the screenshot someone posted of Lori wondering if kids with Autism get worse if their parents don’t spank them).  She also says Lori is a Pelagian which Lori denies but it’s true bc Lori believes babies are born sinless and remain so until they actually sin.  Lori is doubling down and being absolutely horrid.  I can’t imagine she is ever off her phone at this point.  Even hard line reformed people are commenting on her refusal to be corrected/teachable.  The dreaded "false teacher" label is floating around.  The best place to get a front row seat is at either of their Twitter profiles, or you can get the Cliff Notes @getabass.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@Fallgirl30, what is Elizabeth Prata's username on Twitter? I need me some Lori-tainment tonight. 😏

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

@Fallgirl30, what is Elizabeth Prata's username on Twitter? I need me some Lori-tainment tonight. 😏

Sorry!  Enjoy…🫣

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

@Fallgirl30 Thank you! I promise that before I asked you, I did do a search for her using that exact name, but I must have done a riffle because this particular Elizabeth Prata didn't show up! 🥴

• Thank You 1

37 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@Fallgirl30 Thank you! I promise that before I asked you, I did do a search for her using that exact name, but I must have done a riffle because this particular Elizabeth Prata didn't show up! 🥴

I did the same thing yesterday I had to search 3 times! ❤️ 

• Love 1

Lori's latest FB-post praises herself for saving a marriage.

Years ago in one of those awful women's Bible study groups she belonged to, she told a woman to be respectful and kind to her husband that abandoned her and the children. Whenever he showed up to visit smile at him, don't quarrel, be loving and kind.

Well Lori be praised!!!!! She saw them sitting together at church a few months later (must have been one of the un-biblical churches they left). Supposedly the woman came up to her, said hubby had moved home and "their marriage was amazing!. She thanked me"

This heartwarming story of the power of Lori's older woman telling younger women what to do is Lori rationale of why she does what she does.

Comments, as you can imagine, are leghumpers praising the power of Lori's truth and goodness..

But there is one comment that's escaped Lori's itchy delete finger. Copied here for posterity

Do you ever look in the mirror and realize that you work a full-time job on social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, a blog? and YouTube- telling other gullible women that they shouldn’t be working and/or how they should be spending their time and focus? Not including, your teaching about only teaching women while I’ve seen countless men commenting on your posts. Who is the real person behind your ‘i’ve got the answers for all females ever born on the face of the earth.’ You obviously get a satisfaction of some sort over pulling in innocent gullible young ladies. My gut shutters are your teachings, but it’s been eye-opening to see such exists. Did you go to college? Is each member of your extended in your tightly sealed box of expectations? The God I know gives each person a spirit within that’s certainly capable of guiding each woman (and man) in her or his unique direction.

Warms my heart that someone called her out. It really does.  

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic