IGNORED

Lori Alexander 82: The only dissenting voice allowed is her own

19 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I think she is lying today too. She said on FB that she was at Costco and talked about a man bagging her groceries. Does anyone have a Costco that bags your things?  They don't in TN.

Maybe it was another customer who bagged her purchases so she would leave and quit talking. Also, isn't it odd anyone would adk anyone else to mentor them outside of work? Especially a man.

• I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Maybe it was another customer who bagged her purchases so she would leave and quit talking. 

Yes, either that or she played the helpless female card. 
Remember how she needed help getting her bag up in the overhead bin in an airplane and bitched that there were no men around to help her, only women? 😱

I still laugh when I think of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Yes, either that or she played the helpless female card. 
Remember how she needed help getting her bag up in the overhead bin in an airplane and bitched that there were no men around to help her, only women? 😱

I still laugh when I think of that. 

She would find something to complain about if she had a guy twin who believed and taught the same exact beliefs as her.   if someone copied her posts and posted them as their own thoughts, I wouldn’t be shocked if she told them why they were wrong.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

She's back to promoting the beating of children in this afternoon's post. Recommending the Pearls' To Train Up a Child to anyone who is sadistic enough to buy it. The Pearls must love her; she's probably responsible for a significant number of their sales volume in the past few years. 😕 

A woman says she never has to beat her children to get them to obey; they listen most of the time, and when they don't withholding privileges works well for them. Lori's response?

God commands we use the rod. His ways are far higher than our ways!

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1

In 42 years of marriage, she’s never before made beef stew. WTF has she been spending all her time at home doing?

IMG_0201.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5

2 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

In 42 years of marriage, she’s never before made beef stew. WTF has she been spending all her time at home doing?

IMG_0201.png

Hell, I was making beef stew in my little mini crockpot when I lived on my own in my early 20s. How has she never once made something so basic? Especially for a man who seems to like hearty, meat and potatoes-style meals (which he clearly rarely gets in that house!). 

Her laziness is of epic proportions.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

25 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Hell, I was making beef stew in my little mini crockpot when I lived on my own in my early 20s. How has she never once made something so basic? Especially for a man who seems to like hearty, meat and potatoes-style meals (which he clearly rarely gets in that house!). 

Her laziness is of epic proportions.

That might be the most appetizing looking meal a fundie has posted.  

• Upvote 7

Just now, KWLand said:

That might be the most appetizing looking meal a fundie has posted.  

It's definitely the most appetizing-looking meal Lori has posted, that's for sure!😆

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Loveday said:

She's back to promoting the beating of children in this afternoon's post. Recommending the Pearls' To Train Up a Child to anyone who is sadistic enough to buy it. The Pearls must love her; she's probably responsible for a significant number of their sales volume in the past few years. 😕 

A woman says she never has to beat her children to get them to obey; they listen most of the time, and when they don't withholding privileges works well for them. Lori's response?

Above Rubies used to promote their books and website.  Not sure if they still do.  the people I know,  IRL, who owned the book or followed the Pearls did so because of Above Rubies.

we used to spank.  I was taught similar to what Lori said that the Bible commanded it.  I always felt sick doing so.  I stopped because it wasn’t effective and I felt so yucky.  The kids behavior all improved after I stopped spanking and two were never spanked.  I also realized there were no stories in the Bible of the shepherd spanking the sheep with the Rod.  When I argued against it, I’d say when God decides to spank me, I’d spank my kids.  Until then, I’ll continue parenting as I was.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

speculation bus, but I'm wondering if she is responding to Alyssa's post about tips to help encourage her baby not to climb? We all know Lori would beat the child.  Or if she is responding passive-aggressively to Tenley -- Alyssa's pal w ho also expressed frustration with the behavior of her toddler. 

I've asked this before, but I wonder what Tenley thinks of Lori, her best buds mother? ?Surely she is aware of Lori's opinions.  She recently came back from a 2-week Hawaiian vacation that featured bikini wearing, lots of alcohol, etc. A lot of stuff Lori would disapprove of.  Oh to be a fly on the wall..

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

agreed. It's not that hard and was a staple in our house growing up in western PA. I feel like I always knew how to make it because everyone did.  I didn't need to follow TWO recipes. 

• Upvote 3

We cannot be sure that the stew photo is actually the stew Lori made. It might be a  photo from the recipe(s) she used.

Note that the post is from 16 hrs. ago (time stamp from yesterday).  Did she make this for lunch?  Was she up extra extra early to put it in the crock pot?  Was there "big salad" (slimy) for dinner to make up for all the lunch calories?

I assume there was no birthday cake, or even a cupcake. She didn't show a photo of her "famous" bread, so I guess no hot buttered bread with the stew.

At least there were lots of potatoes in the stew. We all know how Lori needs potatoes in her soup (stew).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Interestingly, Lori has limited who can comment on her TTUAC post. And some of the comments from earlier have disappeared. She's clearly getting pushback. Good.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

One of the male leghumpers posts that at least we don't stone rebellious children any more like in the Old Testament. That it's much better "to teach obedience through Biblical means". 

Why yes of course, so much better. So much better to Biblically beat your child for 4 hours with a stiff hard leather strap because they won't pick up the spilled "raisains".

Much better. Much Biblical.

Lori Alexander is a monster. But at least she's a Biblical monster.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

IMG_0201.png

Ken already knew they weren’t going out for his birthday so in true Stockholm Syndrome style he put in his request and hoped for the best.  Did anyone see the bison salad monstrosity she posted a few days ago?  For someone who loves homemaking, her cooking repertoire is limited. 

• Upvote 3

Lazy Lori doesn't love homemaking. She loves having a housekeeper.

Lazy Lori didn't love being home with her children. She loved having a nanny.

Lazy Lori loves being home because she doesn't have to do anything except be on social media all day.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

From Lori's Facebook , bolding mine: My husband of over 42 years turns 65 years old today! We have raised four precious children together and are now enjoying almost 16 precious grandchildren. The Lord has blessed us abundantly! He is one of the most servant-hearted people I know. He loves helping people in any way they need. He loves deeply and sincerely. He’s generous and kind, faithful and loves the Lord Jesus Christ with all of His heart, mind, and soul. I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with him. I love him and growing old with him. God is so good.

Is the first time she actually states that she loves Ken? It took her several sentences to slip those three words into this post.

Regarding the spanking issue: I think it relates to Alyssa's work with her climbing daughter. If Lori cannot convince Alyssa in private, she will shame in public.

Regarding the beef stew: The pic could be of Lori's creation. There seems to be a large layer of fat floating around. 

I do hope the kids and grandkids at least give him a big cake and some sort of celebration. Everybody deserves some birthday cheer.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Celtic Roots said:

Regarding the spanking issue: I think it relates to Alyssa's work with her climbing daughter. If Lori cannot convince Alyssa in private, she will shame in public.

I really hope Lori's kids don't read her social media stuff.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Celtic Roots said:

From Lori's Facebook , bolding mine: My husband of over 42 years turns 65 years old today! We have raised four precious children together and are now enjoying almost 16 precious grandchildren. The Lord has blessed us abundantly! He is one of the most servant-hearted people I know. He loves helping people in any way they need. He loves deeply and sincerely. He’s generous and kind, faithful and loves the Lord Jesus Christ with all of His heart, mind, and soul. I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with him. I love him and growing old with him. God is so good.

Is the first time she actually states that she loves Ken? It took her several sentences to slip those three words into this post.

Regarding the beef stew: The pic could be of Lori's creation. There seems to be a large layer of fat floating around. 

I do hope the kids and grandkids at least give him a big cake and some sort of celebration. Everybody deserves some birthday cheer.

One of the conditions for Alyssa’s daughter’s adoption could be a pledge to not spank.  That would drive Lori up the wall.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

"I love him" = "he puts up with my bullshit and avoids me as much as possible, but that's cool because I get to sit on my ass and pontificate about things I don't know jack shit about and he keeps me in organic butter."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 5/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, feministxtian said:

Costco? Bagging groceries? I'll take "things that never happened" for 1000, Alex. I go to Sam's (because Pueblo doesn't have a Costco) and unless you bring your own bags, they just chuck the stuff back in the cart (unless you go thru the self check outs then you chuck your own shit in your cart). I don't know if California started the no-bag thing or not, but here in CO, you bring your own. Albertson's and King Soopers (what a stupid name) have baggers that USED to put stuff in store bags but they'll bag your groceries in YOUR bags. 

I'll also take the going to Costco thing with a grain of salt too. 

I don’t know why King Soopers hasn’t been rebranded as Kroger seeing as all the house brands say Kroger anyway 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I don’t know why King Soopers hasn’t been rebranded as Kroger seeing as all the house brands say Kroger anyway 

I think Kroger has kept the original names of the stores. In AZ, Kroger was Fry's. In Vegas, it's Smith's. I still think King Soopers is a ridiculously stupid name. Here, Albertson's sells Safeway brand stuff too (Albertson's is closer to me than King Stoopid). The one thing I DID like were the Marketplace stores. Kinda like Walmart w/o the bullshit. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:58 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

One of the male leghumpers posts that at least we don't stone rebellious children any more like in the Old Testament. That it's much better "to teach obedience through Biblical means". 

Why yes of course, so much better. So much better to Biblically beat your child for 4 hours with a stiff hard leather strap because they won't pick up the spilled "raisains".

Much better. Much Biblical.

Lori Alexander is a monster. But at least she's a Biblical monster.

Stone? As in throw stones until the person is dead? 

I mean yes beating someone is preferable to killing them, but the bar is in hell.

Yes as in throw stones until the person is dead.  It was the preferred OT punishment for many things.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/11/2023 at 1:23 PM, HoneyBunny said:

IMG_0201.png

She hasn't made it because she doesn't like it or care about feeding Ken. Now if, for his birthday,  he was hankering for a big, slimy salad topped with sauerkraut and sardines and served with Einkorn bread with $14 butter, it would be on his plate in one blink.

• I Agree 5

On 5/13/2023 at 9:08 PM, feministxtian said:

I think Kroger has kept the original names of the stores. In AZ, Kroger was Fry's. In Vegas, it's Smith's. I still think King Soopers is a ridiculously stupid name. Here, Albertson's sells Safeway brand stuff too (Albertson's is closer to me than King Stoopid). The one thing I DID like were the Marketplace stores. Kinda like Walmart w/o the bullshit. 

I used to live within a couple minutes of a huge Kroger Marketplace. I was there two or three times a week. I LOVE that store. Now I've moved across the city, almost to Chesapeake, and I have two smaller Krogers nearby. But at least once every two weeks or so, I drive across town to visit my old store. I even pass a huge Walmart to get there. It's just a great store, well worth the mileage.

And yes, Kroger kept the names on most of the smaller chains they swallowed up through the years. I'm so glad we never had King Sooper's in Tidewater VA--can't imagine saying that name with a straight face! "Heading out to King Sooper's, honey, ya need anything?" 😆

• Coconut Flan locked this topic