IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

I think it’s interesting that Katie really followed all the rules when they were dating, engaged, and when the got married. But the Clark family rules have gone to the way side already. She got pregnant six months into marriage when none of the other Clark’s got pregnant that fast after marriage. And now we’ve seen Katie in pants. Maybe she realized that now they are married and she can make them money influencing, they don’t have to follow the Clark rules anymore. 

• Upvote 16

Covid “doesn’t exist” anymore here in Mississippi. In all the doctor appointments and such ive gone to in the last 6 months, the only doctor I’ve seen wearing a mask was the 2 times I went into an urgent care for horrible colds. I wore a mask the first time I went, but didn’t the second time. They gave me a mask to wear that time.

I’ll see people occasionally wearing masks while our shopping and stuff but it definitely isn’t anywhere close to a norm 

• Thank You 2

I’ve been having to go to a variety of medical appointments recently in California. Masks are required, and I had one appointment  recently where you had to wait outside  and be called in, haven’t come across that in awhile!  Other than that I’ll see masks on maybe 5-10% of people in crowded indoor places or outdoor events. Mostly elderly, young people working registers, or family groups — who I’m assuming might have recently had it, are tourists, or have a member who is extra high risk.  My elderly mom still wears one regularly, but she’s the only one I know of who does.

I’ll test if I’m going to be around my mom and have been recently exposed, or before going on a trip if I have any symptoms. 
The schools sometimes still have kids get an official test if they have been out with any symptoms, and then stay out 5 days? But extremely few masks, testing otherwise is mostly freely available at school, but few do it. 

• Upvote 1

I noticed in an instastory, I think, that Katie was doing her make-up while the epidural worked its wonders. I don’t know about you guys, but I would prioritize sleep/rest at that point. But what do I know, I’m no influencer + our kids were born before YouTube/vlogs were a huge thing and I didn’t even have any epidural (fast labors).

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I noticed in an instastory, I think, that Katie was doing her make-up while the epidural worked its wonders. I don’t know about you guys, but I would prioritize sleep/rest at that point. But what do I know, I’m no influencer + our kids were born before YouTube/vlogs were a huge thing and I didn’t even have any epidural (fast labors).

The Bates girls are all extremely superficial. They all prioritize their hair/makeup/clothing over so many things. It’s too bad. Because once their looks naturally change, I wonder how they will handle it. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

There is also a clip of her sat on the bed post delivery with Layla, she is doing her make up whilst Carlin holds the baby. I’m not one to judge and we’re all different but you’d have had to rip my babies from my arms in the hours after giving birth - I just wanted to sit and stare at them (and sleep. And maybe eat something. But doing my make up to that extreme was the last thing on my mind). 

Also Kayla posted some photos one of which is mama Clark holding Hayley, she looks besotted. Whilst in all the clips I’ve seen Kelly-Jo looks mostly disinterested - the difference in reaction between grandchild number 1 and grandchild number 23 (?) is very evident. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

There is also a clip of her sat on the bed post delivery with Layla, she is doing her make up whilst Carlin holds the baby. I’m not one to judge and we’re all different but you’d have had to rip my babies from my arms in the hours after giving birth - I just wanted to sit and stare at them (and sleep. And maybe eat something. But doing my make up to that extreme was the last thing on my mind). 

Also Kayla posted some photos one of which is mama Clark holding Hayley, she looks besotted. Whilst in all the clips I’ve seen Kelly-Jo looks mostly disinterested - the difference in reaction between grandchild number 1 and grandchild number 23 (?) is very evident. 

It makes me glad my parents only have 5 grandkids and my husband’s parents only have our kids as their grandkids. My kids always feel like their grandparents care and always give them their attention when they are around. 

• Upvote 7

Well Kelly didn't even really seem interested in her own kids, so why would she be interested in Grandkid No 23 (?) It boggles me that people who don't seem to actually like (or become disinterested is probably a better word) kids have so many? (I will admit to becoming annoyed with children very quickly, I can suffer them for a short time and then I have had enough - that is why I don't have any) And contrary to fundies I don't believe the more there are the more special they become - quite the opposite actually! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

I have a family member who is a nurse and super outdoorsy/sporty. But for her birth she had every possible  beauty thing done right before her due date — hair cut/color, mani-pedi, eyelash extension - and then went full make up during labor. It was wild. Amazing photos though. 

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I have a family member who is a nurse and super outdoorsy/sporty. But for her birth she had every possible  beauty thing done right before her due date — hair cut/color, mani-pedi, eyelash extension - and then went full make up during labor. It was wild. Amazing photos though. 

I did have my eyebrows threaded the day before my induction - I was super grateful to have done it because it made me feel like I still looked decent without makeup lol, and I also knew it was going to be a long while after that till I could get them done again

• Upvote 4

I personally find it exhausting to constantly worry about my hair and makeup being perfect. I would hate to live my life like that. It might make them feel better about themselves. But it may also be exhausting to always look camera ready. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

That clip of Katie doing her makeup just made me sad for her, but more importantly, for her baby. Looks are so fleeting. You are more than a pretty, young, freshly made face. So gross.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I don't get the point of putting on makeup before giving birth. I imagine it'd all just get sweated off. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

When my friend thought her baby was going to be breach and she would have to schedule a c-section, I kept trying to help her focus on all the good things that could come from a c-section. Everyone always focuses on the negatives of c-sections and that’s what she was doing. So I told her, “won’t it be nice that you will have it scheduled? You’re such a planner! Won’t that be nice to know the day of her birth beforehand? And won’t it be so nice to get a shower, shave, wash your hair, and do your makeup before you go in for the c-section? Right after she is born, you will look great! And the first family pictures will look fabulous!”

I said all this just so she wouldn’t focus on all the negative and I tried to cheer her up. Thankfully the baby isn’t breach so she won’t be scheduled for a c-section. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It makes me glad my parents only have 5 grandkids and my husband’s parents only have our kids as their grandkids. My kids always feel like their grandparents care and always give them their attention when they are around. 

My kids are the only grandkids on one side and the youngest by a lot on the other, so they are pretty adored. Er just went to a family event and my 20 year old nephews were having fun playing with my kids. 

1 hour ago, Alysabeth said:

I honestly think this one of the things that Katie likes about Travis's family: the attention that comes from such a small family. Mama Clark had been so involved in this whole process, from shopping to decorating the nursery and going to appointments. Even if Katie was in Tennessee, no way Kelly would be so involved. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So the Clark family appear to have dubbed Hailey "the princess" and I noticed that they were all camped out in the waiting room waiting to meet her. 

Hailey is going to have a weird experience, on one side of the family she is the first grandchild and on the other she is grandchild #23. Plus she lives much closer to the doting side of the family. 

I was a bit like Hailey in that sense growing up. On my father's side I was the 5th grandchild (there ended up being 10 of us total) and then I was 1st on my mother's side (there ended up being 4 of us total). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Hailey has such dark hair and a lot of it. I think I always expect Bates babies to either be baldies or have very light hair. 

Her hair reminds me of my nephew’s hair at birth. I bet it will lighten to at least a dirty blonde while she’s little. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I was a bit like Hailey in that sense growing up. On my father's side I was the 5th grandchild (there ended up being 10 of us total) and then I was 1st on my mother's side (there ended up being 4 of us total). 

I was too, in a way. On my dad's side I was the youngest of 5 grandchildren and my other cousins were much older than me, so I was very much the baby. On my mom's side I was 6th of 12 grandchildren and the last of a long row of girls, while the cousin directly after me was a boy. I was very much "in ths middle" ob that side. 

• Upvote 1

Who knew that Alyssa would be the sensible one here. I believe for her heart procedure? she had her hair in simple braids. I don't think we ever saw much of her labor and post delivery but I expect at least part of that is because she didn't want to be made up or feel like she should.

How awful for them. I guess if you're planning to monetize everything on instagram and youtube you have to think of that in addition to your every day must be made up.

I don't wear make up and I don't "do" my hair really. Seems like such an incredible waste of time, especially when you're young and usually look great without trying. 

I think Carlin looks so much better without make up. I don't recall seeing Katie w/o. The whole thing boggles my mind.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Who knew that Alyssa would be the sensible one here. I believe for her heart procedure? she had her hair in simple braids. I don't think we ever saw much of her labor and post delivery but I expect at least part of that is because she didn't want to be made up or feel like she should.

I know here you are not allowed to wear any makeup for surgery.

• Upvote 2

Maybe it's just me, and to each their own, but I find it telling that Katie, who has just given birth, seems more interested in doing her make-up with Layla than in holding and being with her baby, from the Instagram story it appears Carlin is more interested in the baby.  Although I'm sure Katie is holding and bonding with her baby (I assume the video was taken the next day), this just made me roll my eyes.  Of course I don't generally watch Instagram birth stories, so maybe this is the norm these days...🤷🏽‍♀️

Screenshot_20230219-160405_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230219-160407_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 2

The video was taken this afternoon, I believe. Hailey was born Friday. I think Katie was doing her makeup so Evan could shoot some footage for the video that is going up tomorrow (he had all his equipment with him). 

Katie adores Layla. It is pretty clear Layla and Willow are her two favorites and I actually think it is sweet that Katie was getting some time with Layla 

Also, it seems like there was a full house at the hospital since Mike and Dev were there again plus Evan and Carlin and Gil and Kelly. 

• Upvote 6

I think it's awful to be judging Katie because she dared to put makeup with her niece by her side and imply she isn't interested in her baby because of that. She lives off YouTube, she was probably shooting something. There's a billion things the Bates do wrong that we can side eye, are we really judging a new mom because she put on some makeup? Can we do better? Women always get judged for the most ordinary things, that's not ok.

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic