IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Someday we will all share a birthday with a Bates.

And a Duggar.... what a terrible thought!! 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

And a Duggar.... what a terrible thought!! 

Give me a Bates and Duggar shared birthday over a shared Rod birthday.  One of the benefits of Jill posting days after birthdays is I can get online on my birthday and not see the reminder.
I hate when they post they are in labor and then don’t post after the baby is born.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

They posted part of their birth story on their YouTube. Summary:

On the 16th around 9pm, Katie started having contractions. She was tracking them on an app and they were less than 5 minutes apart. She was in denial that she was in labour, but Carlin and KJ told her she was. They also mentioned her heart rate was going up to 170 (!) with the contractions, though she does have POTS. Carlin was very responsible and reasonable in saying that the high heart rate was reason enough to go in to the hospital. Travis and Evan were out golfing at a simulator, so they called them to come home. 

Around midnight they went to L&D, and Hailey was having decels, so they moved her over to the high risk unit to monitor overnight. They had a clip of them all in her hospital room at 4:30am, and Evan, Carlin, and KJ were all there. I wonder who was home with the kids. Things calmed down with fluids, but in the morning she had progressed to 4cm so they moved her to L&D. 

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

16 minutes ago, Keys said:

They had a clip of them all in her hospital room at 4:30am, and Evan, Carlin, and KJ were all there. I wonder who was home with the kids.

The previous video said they had a friend that lived 5-10 minutes away was going to babysit when it happened. I was surprised she never mentioned POTS in any of her previous videos before this. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, gobucks said:

The previous video said they had a friend that lived 5-10 minutes away was going to babysit when it happened. I was surprised she never mentioned POTS in any of her previous videos before this. 

Yes, about the POTS. That might’ve explained some of her extreme worry. Also, was Evan really needed?  He could’ve stayed home with his own kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

9 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Yes, about the POTS. That might’ve explained some of her extreme worry. Also, was Evan really needed?  He could’ve stayed home with his own kids. 

I'm sure evan is filming for the youtube channels and instagrams

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Gotta get that content to pay for the hospital stay! 

and your tesla and weekly vacations

• Upvote 6

I’m surprised the entire fam (Travis’ parents, Deven and Mike, Kelly and Evan) were all in the waiting room. Presumably they all met babe as soon as she arrived? Do the hospitals in the US still have Covid restrictions? Here our hospitals still require all visitors to wear masks, and patients are only limited to 2 visitors during labour and 2 postpartum. Also the waiting room in L&D is closed (which I personally was grateful for haha - love my family but did not want an entourage while I was giving birth, and Covid rules made it so no awkward conversations had to be had lol)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Keys said:

I’m surprised the entire fam (Travis’ parents, Deven and Mike, Kelly and Evan) were all in the waiting room. Presumably they all met babe as soon as she arrived? Do the hospitals in the US still have Covid restrictions? Here our hospitals still require all visitors to wear masks, and patients are only limited to 2 visitors during labour and 2 postpartum. Also the waiting room in L&D is closed (which I personally was grateful for haha - love my family but did not want an entourage while I was giving birth, and Covid rules made it so no awkward conversations had to be had lol)

I can't speak specifically to any hospitals. But in general in the US right now it's mostly back to business as usual. And to still be doing covid precautions is getting almost taboo in a way. It's become  such a polarizing political issue people overall are just done.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I can't speak specifically to any hospitals. But in general in the US right now it's mostly back to business as usual. And to still be doing covid precautions is getting almost taboo in a way. It's become  such a polarizing political issue people overall are just done.

Ahh ok! I’m in Canada and it’s mostly the same as that here. Still a handful of people wearing masks in public. But hospitals and other healthcare settings still have Covid restrictions, and to be very honest, I don’t see that going away any time soon. Our hospitals are constantly over capacity at baseline, and Covid put an extra stress on them, so preventing Covid outbreaks in the hospitals is still a priority. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Keys said:

Ahh ok! I’m in Canada and it’s mostly the same as that here. Still a handful of people wearing masks in public. But hospitals and other healthcare settings still have Covid restrictions, and to be very honest, I don’t see that going away any time soon. Our hospitals are constantly over capacity at baseline, and Covid put an extra stress on them, so preventing Covid outbreaks in the hospitals is still a priority. 

I have friends and associates in healthcare who literally believe that covid is a hoax. 

The vaccinations are poison ( a covid nurse) 

We've also seen Carlin and Co. doing lots of dr visits for carlin and kids and there was seldom masks and often Evan and kids brought along to waiting rooms and exams rooms. So my sense of it is that people are just not complying with any recommendations even if the medical facilities are trying to have precautions still? There's certainly a culture in US of "customer is always right" and it's my "FREEDOM" to not wear a mask etc etc. So I would not be surprised if hospitals are trying to avoid the drama of it all.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I have friends and associates in healthcare who literally believe that covid is a hoax. 

The vaccinations are poison ( a covid nurse) 

We've also seen Carlin and Co. doing lots of dr visits for carlin and kids and there was seldom masks and often Evan and kids brought along to waiting rooms and exams rooms. So my sense of it is that people are just not complying with any recommendations even if the medical facilities are trying to have precautions still? There's certainly a culture in US of "customer is always right" and it's my "FREEDOM" to not wear a mask etc etc. So I would not be surprised if hospitals are trying to avoid the drama of it all.

Yeah, that’s all super unfortunate. I’m a healthcare worker and was on the front lines of it, and find the “freedom” and hoax/conspiracy theories highly triggering still. Ugh. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 5

I went to a medical appointment last week and a sign was posted on the door stating, “per CA state law, you must wear a face mask when entering any health care facility.”

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Hailey James Clark.

Screenshot_20230218-202552.thumb.png.38964c70c5fc25ba9666335e0f8b9715.png

Interesting, in Katie's birth video the reference her having POTS. So another Bates heart issue 

Those bloody headbands already on???!!!! I assume the nurses do it because it’s cute. I would love it personally. But then again I’m not going to pidgeon hole my daughter into gender stereotypes once she can choose for herself. Well that’s a lie she hates dresses and I occasionally blackmail/bribe her into one for photos lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Those bloody headbands already on???!!!! I assume the nurses do it because it’s cute. I would love it personally. But then again I’m not going to pidgeon hole my daughter into gender stereotypes once she can choose for herself. Well that’s a lie she hates dresses and I occasionally blackmail/bribe her into one for photos lol 

Our hospital has the loveliest group of older ladies who knit hats for all the new babies. They make seasonal ones too around Christmas etc. It’s the cutest thing and they’re made with so much love. My babe got a little pink one and we cherished it 💜

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

1 minute ago, Keys said:

Our hospital has the loveliest group of older ladies who knit hats for all the new babies. They make seasonal ones too around Christmas etc. It’s the cutest thing and they’re made with so much love. My babe got a little pink one and we cherished it 💜

My babe got a tiny little pink one too and I love it as well. :) 

• Love 7

22 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Those bloody headbands already on???!!!! I assume the nurses do it because it’s cute. I would love it personally. 

The big ass bow is built into the hat. Not my style. I’m wondering if I would have asked for a plain hat for my daughter or just used the one I was given if that was me.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2008b5e526ebd2a94b80fe021a3b8090.png

Edited by JDuggs
Typo
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

We got the most precious knitted pink hat in the NICU that are donated by a group of lovely older ladies as well. Such a wonderful keepsake to remember when they are so tiny. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 4

My 32 year old son and his wife just had their first baby.  He actually crocheted this little hat for their daughter 😭

Most of her hospital photos have her wearing it, but she did have one of those “girl version” hats with the big bow the hospital provided.

DDFB05A5-012B-4015-9B78-BA8D0BF32642.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 30

18 minutes ago, busmgr said:

My 32 year old son and his wife just had their first baby.  He actually crocheted this little hat for their daughter 😭

Most of her hospital photos have her wearing it, but she did have one of those “girl version” hats with the big bow the hospital provided.

DDFB05A5-012B-4015-9B78-BA8D0BF32642.jpeg

That adorable, congratulations on the new baby ❤️

• I Agree 4
  • Love 4

So the Clark family appear to have dubbed Hailey "the princess" and I noticed that they were all camped out in the waiting room waiting to meet her. 

Hailey is going to have a weird experience, on one side of the family she is the first grandchild and on the other she is grandchild #23. Plus she lives much closer to the doting side of the family. 

• Upvote 17

• Coconut Flan locked this topic