IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

Just now, OHFL2009 said:

About 2 hours, depending on traffic. 

Each way?  Yeah, that's an excursion I would not want to take (I assume they drove--I can't see them all on a New Jersey Transit train). Having my water break in the Lincoln Tunnel? No thanks!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Each way?  Yeah, that's an excursion I would not want to take (I assume they drove--I can't see them all on a New Jersey Transit train). Having my water break in the Lincoln Tunnel? No thanks!

Yeah, each way. And the train would be longer, because they'd have to change trains in Philly, I think. 

• Upvote 3

Katie said that at her 35 week appointment, she was having a lot of contractions, was 2cm dilated, and 75% effaced, so her doctor told her she could go into labour at any time. She said that since then, they discovered she had a couple of infections (I’m guessing a UTI and/or BV?), and the infections were causing the contractions and cervical changes. So since then, things have slowed down a lot and she’s not having as many contractions. So maybe that’s why they felt it was ok to travel?

• Upvote 2

Considering both Katie's, her husband's, and Carlin's Instagram are quiet since over 24 hours now, I guess baby is on the way... 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Considering both Katie's, her husband's, and Carlin's Instagram are quiet since over 24 hours now, I guess baby is on the way... 

Katie did comment on Whitney's post (however I was definitely on FB during labor)

• Upvote 2

Whitney’s announcement is very Valentine’s Day themed… I wonder if they were going to announce on February 14th, but decided to now if Katie is in labour?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I am very impressed by the hair and makeup and the professional-looking pics. I was a total mess in active labour and was def not having pics taken of me lol! Wonder if she’s being induced.

image.thumb.png.528dc34de2d90cd26062139bf0d9c89e.png

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

The Bates girls always try to look their best for labor because they know it will be filmed (first for the show, now for YouTube). Carlin is there with them and I think she is filming and taking some pictures. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2

I'm annoyed that Carlin is there, most likely taking pictures and yet they are still posting and chatting with each other IN a thread. LOL

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

I'm annoyed that Carlin is there, most likely taking pictures and yet they are still posting and chatting with each other IN a thread. LOL

Ahaha I noticed that too… I was like why are they commenting to each other while they’re together 😂

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I vote induction. IIRC, Katie said that she didn't expect to go to her due date. 

I think you’re probably right! 

I did wear makeup to the hospital the morning of my induction (wanted to feel normal-ish). But when I entered transition, I started sweating PROFUSELY and sweated it all off haha 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I vote induction. IIRC, Katie said that she didn't expect to go to her due date. 

Katie has been on labour watch for the last ten days. I don:t necessarily think she was induced, but she has been expecting it. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It’s bothering me that Travis is wearing a baseball cap. He rarely wears a hat, but he wears one for the birth of his baby?

It must have some significance. I imagine Katie got her epidural and Hailey is here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

It’s bothering me that Travis is wearing a baseball cap. He rarely wears a hat, but he wears one for the birth of his baby?

Must be taking cues from Austin Forsyth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Maybe he was cold, since it was an L&D room?

No announcement yet… I hope everything went ok for her! These two are so young, that I worry any sort of emergency during labour might be extra traumatic for them. I also hope Carlin was ok during the labour seeing as it was happening overnight. 

• Upvote 1

My guess is that the baby was born and they are doing a “photo shoot” of sorts in the hospital room. Probably by carlin so Katie can post the perfect first pictures. It’s the influencer way to do birth. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that the baby was born and they are doing a “photo shoot” of sorts in the hospital room. Probably by carlin so Katie can post the perfect first pictures. It’s the influencer way to do birth. 

Yep, fixing Katie's makeup, getting the nice photos, etc. Also notifying the family first, etc. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yep, fixing Katie's makeup, getting the nice photos, etc. Also notifying the family first, etc. 

And maybe a magazine or two.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie is in labor! If she has the baby before midnight, Hailey will share a birthday with Jackson and Addallee.

Someday we will all share a birthday with a Bates.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic