IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

Yeah the snarking on holding the baby or not is grating. 

I sent my baby to the nursery to be held by them after I gave birth. I stayed up all night while my newborn cluster fed until my nipples bled. Was 100% read for someone - anyone - to take her away from me. I will NOT judge Katie for having her SISTER hold the baby right next to her. Geez, people. Snark on the cult, not the idea that an exhausted woman who just gave birth wants to look nice and trusts her sister with her baby. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

On 2/18/2023 at 1:03 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Katie is in labor! If she has the baby before midnight, Hailey will share a birthday with Jackson and Addallee.

I now share a birthday with three Bateseses 😑

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • Haha 3

Katie and the baby went home yesterday. Travis's cousin shared pics of the two baby cousins together and the pics were taken at Travis and Katie's house. 

• Upvote 3

Man they got a lot of videos up within 24 hrs of the birth - birth story part 1 on Katie's YouTube, bts video on Carlins, several reels and stories. I'm guessing they must have someone edit these? Alyssa admitted in her newest YouTube q&a they have someone edit for them (she wouldn't name who, said "a guy") so I'm guessing they all do otherwise how do they have the time?

• Upvote 5

My apologies,  I didn't mean to offend anyone. To me, her focus on makeup during such a big life moment seems strange.  I'll leave it up to me being old school and not part of the Instagram culture.  I did not mean to imply she isn't interested in her baby.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

My apologies,  I didn't mean to offend anyone. To me, her focus on makeup during such a big life moment seems strange.  I'll leave it up to me being old school and not part of the Instagram culture.  I did not mean to imply she isn't interested in her baby.

It saddens me to think that in her culture, despite the fact that she’s just accomplished the biggest goal (some might say only goal) for a female, pushing another human from her body, she feels the need to glam it up. It’s like their worth is 100% attached to what they look like. To me, that is sad. Guaranteed she won’t look like that when she’s 30, 40…especially if she has baby after baby. And all those folks need to go home. They can each come by the house separately, when invited, with a hot meal or gift cards in hand.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It saddens me to think that in her culture, despite the fact that she’s just accomplished the biggest goal (some might say only goal) for a female, pushing another human from her body, she feels the need to glam it up. It’s like their worth is 100% attached to what they look like. To me, that is sad. Guaranteed she won’t look like that when she’s 30, 40…especially if she has baby after baby. And all those folks need to go home. They can each come by the house separately, when invited, with a hot meal or gift cards in hand.

Isn't her degree in Cosmetology or something similar?  I agree re. the culture, but I think glam is her thing.  Hope she waits awhile before putting makeup on Hailey.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Man they got a lot of videos up within 24 hrs of the birth - birth story part 1 on Katie's YouTube, bts video on Carlins, several reels and stories. I'm guessing they must have someone edit these? Alyssa admitted in her newest YouTube q&a they have someone edit for them (she wouldn't name who, said "a guy") so I'm guessing they all do otherwise how do they have the time?

I know Evan had said he enjoys editing so I think he does theirs. Lydia's brother Christian does their editing. I hope they pay him!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Yeah the snarking on holding the baby or not is grating. 

I sent my baby to the nursery to be held by them after I gave birth. I stayed up all night while my newborn cluster fed until my nipples bled. Was 100% read for someone - anyone - to take her away from me. I will NOT judge Katie for having her SISTER hold the baby right next to her. Geez, people. Snark on the cult, not the idea that an exhausted woman who just gave birth wants to look nice and trusts her sister with her baby. 

I have a relative who is a small woman who gave birth via Cesarean section to very large babies. Ultrasound was fairly new back then and the OB didn't believe the size measurement from the ultrasound. For her second baby, when the nurse tried to guilt trip her into keeping her baby in the room instead of sending it to the nursery so she could bond, my relative told her, "I will bond just fine when we get home. This is my last chance to rest." 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

Evan edits the Stewart's videos and I think he was doing the Clark's for them this week (you can see him at work in some of the footage on Carlin's instagram). Evan does the media for the boutique and Travis does the media for his family's church, so they have both picked up those skills and use them in other areas besides YouTube.

• Upvote 3

Evan does a lot of quick turn over editing. Usually their Saturday video includes stuff only from the previous week, sometimes even Friday the day before the upload. He seems to have a system to plow through it.

You can farm out your youtube editing to gig workers pretty easily.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Isn't her degree in Cosmetology or something similar?  I agree re. the culture, but I think glam is her thing.  Hope she waits awhile before putting makeup on Hailey.

If that’s her thing ,Too bad she can’t earn a few bucks doing other people’s makeup- or waited a few to produce a dependent being-

• Upvote 3

I personally wouldn’t have been doing an in depth makeup routine in my hospital bed after giving birth, but I definitely wouldn’t judge her for Carlin holding baby. My babe was mucousy after delivery, cluster feeding, and was up crying for most of the night. The amazing postpartum nurses took her to the nursing station to rock her for 2 hours each night we were there so we could get some sleep. Of course I loved her more than anything but I was also recovering and was very grateful for that rest, knowing she was in good hands :) I did put on a small bit of makeup when we left the hospital too, more so because I wanted to feel a bit like myself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

On 2/20/2023 at 8:58 PM, CarrotCake said:

I now share a birthday with three Bateseses 😑

So therefore I take it she did give birth on traces and the sister’s birthday. I wasn’t sure if she went past midnight to the next day. 
oh, and I share a birthday with one Bates person

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add stuff

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So therefore I take it she did give birth on traces and the sister’s birthday. I wasn’t sure if she went past midnight to the next day. 
oh, and I share a birthday with one Bates person

She went into labour on the 16th, delivered on the 17th and announced on the 18th.

Anf it is Jackson and Addee's birthday. Trace shares with Jeb. And both sibling double birthdays are in February. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/19/2023 at 8:47 PM, Cupcake79 said:

I noticed in an instastory, I think, that Katie was doing her make-up while the epidural worked its wonders. I don’t know about you guys, but I would prioritize sleep/rest at that point. But what do I know, I’m no influencer + our kids were born before YouTube/vlogs were a huge thing and I didn’t even have any epidural (fast labors).

I could imagine and also very much hope that's only Katie's way of caring for herself and doing something she enjoys. Maybe applying makeup also distracts her when she feels stressed and no matter how smooth a birth goes, it's likely also at least a little stressful. 

• Upvote 3

From Katie’s Instagram story… what kind of car seat is that? It looks like a stroller that folds and turns into a seat? I’ve never seen anything like that here in Canada! image.thumb.png.335ea50e5e379c616410884a87b8f42c.png

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Keys said:

From Katie’s Instagram story… what kind of car seat is that? It looks like a stroller that folds and turns into a seat? I’ve never seen anything like that here in Canada! image.thumb.png.335ea50e5e379c616410884a87b8f42c.png

Doona convertible infant seat + stroller. Runs about $500-$600. This brand isn't available in Canada but I did find a similar model (and it was about $800 CDN).  Screenshot_20230221-124140.thumb.png.31a90678cbac9c6c79ba3c60a01031d7.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Literally every baby item they buy would have been way past my budget. I went with graco car seats and strollers and I thought they were expensive. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

We had a Graco stroller and car seat combo too. I did splurge and buy a Radian once my second child out grew his bucket seat because we had two in car seats and a smaller car. The radian was so much slimmer, also because it is a steel bar it has a longer expiry period and we are still using it.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2023 at 3:20 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

My apologies,  I didn't mean to offend anyone. To me, her focus on makeup during such a big life moment seems strange.

I'm not offended in the least. Makeup/no makeup are both equally valid choices and I fall directly into the "makeup" side. I have no snark for Katie for putting on makeup.

Putting on makeup is something that is more like self care than a superficiality for me. Specifically, it is something just for me. It gives me something I can control. It gives me a soothingly normal routine. Finally, I just plain get pleasure from it.  I've got a motto: "when in doubt apply lipstick". Why? You need to look into a mirror which allows you to focus your personal main character ie you. You can't talk so nothing stupid will be said. It adds a touch of beauty to a situation which might be ugly. It gives you a time out in the bathroom that you can use to collect yourself. I make no apologies or excuses about loving makeup.

side note:  emilynoel83's has a YouTube video on "makeup that survived childbirth" (I did not go through labour but I did go through my husband big heart attack and indeed the eyeliner and lipstick she suggested survived the tears. Note: he is doing well now)

Edited by browngrl
added one sentence for clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 9

I've been looking at alot of baby stuff lately as I'm expecting and I feel like the Doona is a very "high class" purchase. I doubt she is going to be able to reuse that for the next baby as it'll probably happen when she would still have Hailey in a stroller. I have to buy a second carseat and am gonna get the keyfit 30 again. Though, I am looking at an expensive stroller but that's because its gonna have to push two babies AND be able to occasionally seat my almost 4 year old. And I'm getting it used for like 1/3 to 1/2 the cost. Yay for most double strollers having a weight limit of 40-45 lbs when my daughter is currently 38 and I'm only 2.5 months along. 😕 

Though I know alot of people buy uppababy for the status like they do the Doona. I'm surprised we havent seen any bates/duggars with an uppababy stroller. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic