IGNORED

Jinjer 59: Cooking with Prepared Spice Mix

Coconut Flan

On 1/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, viii said:

I think that's giving Jinger far too much credit. I doubt she thinks about this board very much at all. 

Go back one or two pages in this thread, I quoted the fairly lengthy pieces from the book when she discusses the FJ community.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Eating disorders are also highly inheritable and I remember Michelle talking about her own teenage eating disorder behaviors. If you add hereditary disposition to the clusterfuck that is fundamentalism, especially Gothardism, I’m not surprised Jinger felt pressure to lose weight as a child. 

Add in being anxious about everything, and a passive personality ( controlling food is something you can do without drawing much attention or actively stating what’s bothering you) and on TV, and having several pretty older sisters, and the cult, and the SA, and the family switching from loose frumpers and prairie dresses to much more form fitting modern modest as she enters her teens,  AND being a teen girl of any background during the ‘00s —which was a very, very skinny focused era  —- it seems almost inevitable. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Go back one or two pages in this thread, I quoted the fairly lengthy pieces from the book when she discusses the FJ community.

Your quote just kind of proves what I said, so I stand by what I said. She knows about the website, she doesn’t approve of the website, and the title has nothing to do with the website. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, viii said:

Your quote just kind of proves what I said, so I stand by what I said. She knows about the website, she doesn’t approve of the website, and the title has nothing to do with the website. 

Yea, I can’t imagine being anyone who is discussed here and seeing it as a remotely positive thing. Even if you somehow appreciated it’s mostly done with the best of intentions, and there may be certain aspects that ring true or are even enlightening —- still, We’re talking about real peoples real lives and generally disagreeing with everything from how they were raised, to what they eat, to how clean or messy their house is, to if they wear hats, to their choice in men. Of course they hate it. I sure would. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

I personally would never do a reality show or have a YouTube channel. Because I never want my life to be debated online. And that’s what’s so sad about kids who get no choice. All of the Duggar kids were underage when they first special was recorded. They weren’t able to consent to putting their lives on national tv. It’s not fair that we even know who Jinger Duggar is. We shouldn’t know. She and her siblings shouldn’t have been exploited in order to line the pockets of JB and TLC. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

19 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She talks about disordered eating in the interview with AB Stuckey. She says she was really worried about gaining weight & would sleep in as long as possible to avoid meals. 

She talked to her mom about it and Michelle became her accountability partner and Jinger would text her what she ate for the day.

Maybe she explains more in the book about how/if it evolved or resolved. She didn’t really expand much on whether it still affected her daily life or not. 

Was this while she was still living in the TTH? She had to text her mom? If she was still at home that is pathetic, and really shows WHY no mother should have 19 offspring-

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Was this while she was still living in the TTH? She had to text her mom? If she was still at home that is pathetic, and really shows WHY no mother should have 19 offspring-

Yes, she was in her late teens/early 20s. So, plenty old enough to have a phone. And probably the only way to communicate with Meech, who had checked out years prior.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

That was my impression since the way she talked about skipping breakfast seemed in the family home. She wasn’t specific though so it could have been later. I imagine they texted a lot as teen girls in the home. If I remember correctly all the older girls were texting in late teens and during courtship. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t know, I think texting in that sort of situation could be a good way to keep track. No different than writing it in a notebook. And they could each easily refer back, ask questions etc.   I’m sure they could still talk face to face in more depth. 
Not commenting on the general approach to the issue itself - just the means of communication.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Instead of taking her to an actual licensed therapist specializing in eating disorders, she texts her mom. Mmkay. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 18

I believe she claimed to have bulemia when she was in high school.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Instead of taking her to an actual licensed therapist specializing in eating disorders, she texts her mom. Mmkay. 

Please get with the program here... she didn't simply text her mom, she also prayed about it. <insert sarcasm sign... I can't remember it>

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you didn’t get your molester son help (or his victims), I doubt treatment for an ED would be of much concern.

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 3

I watched the interview, and even tho JuJu does most of the talking and there were lots of edits, a few good points were made. At the end of the clip, Juju quotes Jinger as saying “Just because children are a blessing from God doesn’t mean you have to have as many as possible.” I am very pleased that she states that. It sounds to me a direct slam on her parents. (Who knows what kinds of disgusting things JB said over the years about his all daughters having quiverfuls of kids.)

The other thing I liked about the interview was how it went on for about three minutes, showing photos of all the Duggars and talking about religion, and then cut to Josh’s mug shot and told of his prison sentence for possession of csam. The way they allowed the story to unfold before bringing that up make Josh’s crimes even more shockingly disgusting juxtaposed against the backdrop of 19KAC, the Bible and Jinger’s soft, feminine presence in the video. I sure hope JB and Meech watched it.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 9

Somebody got pretty generous putting on Jinger's makeup. 

It was sad she seemed prepared to talk about IBLP but hearing Josh's name was the sucker punch that brought tears to her eyes.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Just watched it. She doesn't say much, not a deep dive interview. The segment is 4 mins. 

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/19-kids-counting-star-jinger-duggar-opens-family-96758756

There is a more in-depth interview on Nightline. Currently airing on the east coast for anyone still awake. I'm west coast and will be asleep long before 12:30, so I'm recording it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

From the clip on Jinger’s instastory, Jeremy is there with her and seems pretty pleased with himself.

Isn’t he always pleased with himself? I swear he acts so paternal with Jinger it makes me want to vomit. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Jinger gave an interview on Fox Digital and had this to say about her upbringing:

Jinger Duggar Vuolo finally feels "free" after being raised to follow religious teachings that she says were "cult-like in nature."

The former "Counting On" star has written a book that is being published on Jan. 31 titled "Becoming Free Indeed: My Story of Disentangling Faith from Fear." It explores her strict upbringing, as well as what compelled her to walk away from the "false teachings" of Bill Gothard.

"I would definitely say that [his philosophy] was cult-like in nature," the 29-year-old told Fox News Digital. "I can’t say, ‘Oh, it was a cult.’ I will leave that to the experts. But I will say that a lot of things make it tough for kids to leave or families to leave because the community is so tight-knit. The teachings are based on rules – man-made rules."

• Upvote 2

They talked about FJ on the Tamron Hall show. She said that we had her best intentions at heart, but retaining her faith may not have been what some wanted.

Fair enough. 

eta The audience applauded when it was stated that Smuggar was behind bars for 12 years. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

“I’m not upset at the ‘Free Jinger’ movement. It was very kind of the people. I’m sure the people who started it had the best intentions in mind and probably still do today."

Is it just me or does this sound shady to anybody else? Just the way she phrased it about "I'm sure they had the best intentions" makes me wonder. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic