IGNORED

Jinjer 59: Cooking with Prepared Spice Mix

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

In addition to having a fee based instagram business, Jinger is continuing "cooking" videos.  Her latest is "Indonesian Fried Rice" made with packages of Nasi Goreng mix.  ::smh::

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Hey everybody- I made noodles and poured teriyaki sauce over them...are you blown away and ready to subscribe to my cooking show?

I'll tell you my amazing tips n tricks...like using pepper and salt for seasoning!

(I totally mix it up....pepper and salt.  Not salt and pepper like those old school chefs)

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
I always have an autocorrect fail. Arg!
  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 31

9 hours ago, Freejin said:

Does anyone have the link to where Carlin showed her frequently viewed subreddit?

You can find it here 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Thank You 2

On 11/19/2022 at 5:12 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Hey everybody- I made noodles and poured teriyaki sauce over them...are you blown away and ready to subscribe to my cooking show?

I'll tell you my amazing tips n tricks...like using pepper and salt for seasoning!

(I totally mix it up....pepper and salt.  Not salt and pepper like those old school chefs)

Actually, while it's pretty half-ass like everything else she does, I can see it interesting her fans. I grew up on a Duggarlike diet and would have found this interesting, as I would have had no idea it existed. I can see people who grew up on casseroles and baloney on white bread being intrigued, and this would be the first step for them. 

On 11/19/2022 at 5:12 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

• Upvote 4

I could warm to the idea of cooking with leftovers to create new dishes.  This particular recipe sounds pretty basic, but they don't all have to be.

Of course, I can't warm to the idea of watching Jinger any of the Duggars speak.  They're all just so awkward.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, patsymae said:

Actually, while it's pretty half-ass like everything else she does, I can see it interesting her fans. I grew up on a Duggarlike diet and would have found this interesting, as I would have had no idea it existed. I can see people who grew up on casseroles and baloney on white bread being intrigued, and this would be the first step for them. 

I agree, I think if she's showing how easy it can be to make new foods and expand one's horizons a bit, it could be a really positive thing for some of her audience. Doesn't matter if she's only a week ahead of them in the process.

I guess I'm fine with Jinger being completely basic.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

The only thing that bugs me with the “cooking food” posts with Jinger, Josie, Alyssa (sporadic) and many of the food bloggers on the www, is much of the time the dishes are not the least bit healthy or the portion sizes shown on the plate are huge. Am I supposed to believe that Josie is scarfing down a 20 oz, bone in ribeye, with a baked potato the size of her head plus a side salad? REALLY? How many times has Jinger posted a steak dinner meal (I’ve seen a couple of those posts). Jinger looks like she’s never eaten a steak in her life, and if she has, it’s probably on a bite or 2 and not an entire steak.

The same is true for most food bloggers. Is there some reason all the 100 lb women have blogs featuring gooey desserts and huge mounds of meat and potatoes? Am I the only one who thinks that the product shilled should dovetail with the person shilling?  Maybe I’m expecting too much.

Same goes for the coffee drinks. Ask me how I know that 5 lbs will quickly appear if you partake in creamy coffee drinks for 2 weeks straight? *as I sip my black coffee in penance.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Sandra Lee, she's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year round. 

I’m so confused. Why does this woman have a show? She might be the worst cake decorator I’ve ever seen. I may have been a professional cake decorator but I am no snob. I know it’s hard to decorate cakes at first. But this woman seems worse than your average lay person. And she has a show? What? 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The only thing that bugs me with the “cooking food” posts with Jinger, Josie, Alyssa (sporadic) and many of the food bloggers on the www, is much of the time the dishes are not the least bit healthy or the portion sizes shown on the plate are huge. Am I supposed to believe that Josie is scarfing down a 20 oz, bone in ribeye, with a baked potato the size of her head plus a side salad? REALLY? How many times has Jinger posted a steak dinner meal (I’ve seen a couple of those posts). Jinger looks like she’s never eaten a steak in her life, and if she has, it’s probably on a bite or 2 and not an entire steak.

The same is true for most food bloggers. Is there some reason all the 100 lb women have blogs featuring gooey desserts and huge mounds of meat and potatoes? Am I the only one who thinks that the product shilled should dovetail with the person shilling?  Maybe I’m expecting too much.

Same goes for the coffee drinks. Ask me how I know that 5 lbs will quickly appear if you partake in creamy coffee drinks for 2 weeks straight? *as I sip my black coffee in penance.

Thoughts like this make me uncomfortable. Assuming Jinger eats a bite or two of steak because she’s skinny is a dangerous mentality. We have no idea what people’s eating habits are and judging them based off looks is not a good look. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 3

22 minutes ago, viii said:

Thoughts like this make me uncomfortable. Assuming Jinger eats a bite or two of steak because she’s skinny is a dangerous mentality. We have no idea what people’s eating habits are and judging them based off looks is not a good look. 

You are right, I have no idea what any of these folks eat/don’t eat:)

The point of my post was if these influencers want to be taking seriously, they need to shill items, services etc…that the audience might be believe they actually use. For Jinger, that could be trendy coffee or exercise attire, for Joy it might be something to do with home or RV restoration and for Kelton Balka, BBQ or smoking recipes. Josie or Alyssa? Makeup or hair/fashion. To me, it has to make sense. Jill D. Seems like more of a traditional homemaker. I could see her with a gardening or cooking blog. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You are right, I have no idea what any of these folks eat/don’t eat:)

The point of my post was if these influencers want to be taking seriously, they need to shill items, services etc…that the audience might be believe they actually use. For Jinger, that could be trendy coffee or exercise attire, for Joy it might be something to do with home or RV restoration and for Kelton Balka, BBQ or smoking recipes. Josie or Alyssa? Makeup or hair/fashion. To me, it has to make sense. Jill D. Seems like more of a traditional homemaker. I could see her with a gardening or cooking blog. 

and Jill is a bit hippy presenting I can see her on that mlm doterra or whatever it is or selling incense lol 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, viii said:

Having seen Jinger in person beside my daughter it really bothers me.  Jinger is not emaciated.  She's very close in size to my daughter who is healthy and a perfectly fine weight medically.  My daughter eats what she wants within her food problems and does not starve herself or only consume "one or bites."  Jinger is caring for two pre-school age kids and has said she walks for exercise.  It burns off some people easily.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

What bothers me about the cooking is that it perpetuates the entitlement in this family that they should be paid for doing routine things and posting a video. Most of them put very little effort in- they are dialling in for the pay cheque.
If Jinger acknowledged her childhood diet was limited as it was catering on the cheap for a large number and then went about a journey of exploring cooking, that would be interesting. Instead it’s a minimum effort and bland. 
I realise this attitude is not unique among ‘influencers’.

• Upvote 16

16 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Having seen Jinger in person beside my daughter it really bothers me.  Jinger is not emaciated.  She's very close in size to my daughter who is healthy and a perfectly fine weight medically.  My daughter eats what she wants within her food problems and does not starve herself or only consume "one or bites."  Jinger is caring for two pre-school age kids and has said she walks for exercise.  It burns off some people easily.

I 100% agree with this. When I was younger and my kids were little I was very thin and I ate a lot. Eating a huge steak and potato back then was my norm. Now that I am older I can't eat like anymore but at one time I could.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, farmerannie said:

I 100% agree with this. When I was younger and my kids were little I was very thin and I ate a lot. Eating a huge steak and potato back then was my norm. Now that I am older I can't eat like anymore but at one time I could.

Me too.  But really.  I get so sick of people talking about a woman’s weight.  It’s rare I hear someone saying a guy is too thin.  I could careless if someone took 2 bites.  I do that all the time. It doesn’t mean I have food issues. I hear all the time.  “Ohh, you must be watching your figure.”  Or if I gain weight, it’s the opposite.  I must be depressed.  Just. No. 

why can’t someone just be a person, without putting a “tag” on them?  No one has the right to judge a persons weight. Especially if you don’t know them.  I don’t care if they are in the spotlight or not.  

Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The thing about her "cooking show" -there is no vibe that it's a simple "easy recipes" video nor is it "what my wacky duggar family ate".

She talks about "adding a protein" and garnishes as if her packet mix rice is haute cuisine.

She presents in an absolutely wooden and unenthisiastic manner. There's zero passion or "let me show you this neat thing"

It's like someone said ok women cook and make babies. You don't want to show babies...so COOKING SHOW....you make money!

The end.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 11/24/2022 at 5:21 AM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

The thing about her "cooking show" -there is no vibe that it's a simple "easy recipes" video nor is it "what my wacky duggar family ate".

She talks about "adding a protein" and garnishes as if her packet mix rice is haute cuisine.

She presents in an absolutely wooden and unenthisiastic manner. There's zero passion or "let me show you this neat thing"

It's like someone said ok women cook and make babies. You don't want to show babies...so COOKING SHOW....you make money!

The end.

I think Kelton Balka could have a cooking blog. He knows what he’s doing in the kitchen. Although the food isn’t necessarily low cal. I’d read or watch this-

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On her stories yesterday, Jinger said that she and Jeremy had been sick with the flu. A friend made them a to-go Thanksgiving dinner because they weren’t able to shop and cook.

• Upvote 3

On 11/19/2022 at 10:12 PM, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I was thinking that  she would have 'done her own spices' as professional chefs would have done it?.   

Hopefully someone will help her out!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

On her stories yesterday, Jinger said that she and Jeremy had been sick with the flu. A friend made them a to-go Thanksgiving dinner because they weren’t able to shop and cook.

They were well enough to pick it up in the car! 

• Haha 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic