IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 24: Can't Keep Track of the Hoards

Bethella

35 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's possible she forgot since she probably doesn't see Mitch and Bryn that often. Given that they're not related, it's possible it's just a coincidence. Also the spelling is different. 

I think in fundieland, sharing names is common because they have way too many kids. That’s not strange at all. But I think it’s interesting that the girls are born in the same year with the same first and middle name. Spelling is irrelevant. They are still the same name. Just spelled differently. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

I just think Brynley/Brynleigh is a super ugly bogan name and if it was my name I would change it the minute I was old enough. I rank it third on my list of Bad Duggar Names (with Spurgeon and Madyson being the top two). Noelle on a Christmas baby is VERY twee but it’s in the middle so more forgivable.

I find Duggar names so hit and miss, even within families. Taste is personal though. I do like Nora.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Smee said:

I just think Brynley/Brynleigh is a super ugly bogan name and if it was my name I would change it the minute I was old enough. I rank it third on my list of Bad Duggar Names (with Spurgeon and Madyson being the top two). Noelle on a Christmas baby is VERY twee but it’s in the middle so more forgivable.

I find Duggar names so hit and miss, even within families. Taste is personal though. I do like Nora.

It's not my style, but I think it's pretty in it's own way. Names are subjective, but this name isn't bad imo. Names are also cultural, so this name might not be part of your culture. 

Interestingly the most common spelling of the name is Brynlee, followed by Brynleigh, according to the top 1000 names in the US.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Shannonsnarks said:

Hill his older brother Christopher 

I think you might have the wrong brother. Chris only has one son born in 2017. But someone found a baby registry for the next brother Timothy. Due date was in July.

Edit: Matthew Hill and his wife Taylor are expecting a boy in March. If Kaylee does have a girl it'll be the first for both sides.

Edited by WannabeHistorian
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It's possible she forgot since she probably doesn't see Mitch and Bryn that often. Given that they're not related, it's possible it's just a coincidence. Also the spelling is different. 

Yeah, Hannah has to keep track of all her siblings and their kids and all of Jer's. I think family friends she might not be close to are too much to ask. 

• Upvote 8

On 1/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, elisa said:

Hannah Duggar had her baby on 25th December, Brynley Noelle Duggar.

Noelle would have been a great first name

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Noelle would have been a great first name

If they'd gone that route, Anna Duggar would have had two nieces named Noelle and two nephews named Nehemiah.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

And who knows with that lot - if Nurthan have a girl around Christmas this year there might be another one, fits to their N-Theme.... (insert eyeroll here, I couldn't find one) :) 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

And who knows with that lot - if Nurthan have a girl around Christmas this year there might be another one, fits to their N-Theme.... (insert eyeroll here, I couldn't find one) :) 

I definitely think Noelle/Noel is a possibility for Nurthan. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 1/2/2023 at 12:24 AM, WannabeHistorian said:

I think you might have the wrong brother. Chris only has one son born in 2017. But someone found a baby registry for the next brother Timothy. Due date was in July.

Edit: Matthew Hill and his wife Taylor are expecting a boy in March. If Kaylee does have a girl it'll be the first for both sides.

I thought so too but on his Facebook he posted he has a 3 month old son named Neven from an ex girlfriend he has a newer account with this info. He seems not fundie more conservative Christian 

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2023 at 12:04 AM, Dandruff said:

Newwoman?

Oh god, I hope this becomes the Nurthling equiv of Lauren and Josia Duggar's Asa/Bsa.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new baby is Ezra James and he was born today. I’m guessing they will go with names that have a Z since they have Ezekiel, Zoe, and now Ezra. If they have a lot of kids, they might run out of good ones. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The new baby is Ezra James and he was born today. I’m guessing they will go with names that have a Z since they have Ezekiel, Zoe, and now Ezra. If they have a lot of kids, they might run out of good ones. 

whose family is this?

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

whose family is this?

Patience Axmann. I thought my two posts might merge but they didn’t. 

• Thank You 1

You know, I really don't understand the point of having so many children, what are these Quiverfull folks actually getting out of having such an expansive brood of crotch gobbos?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Roman from Ipanema said:

You know, I really don't understand the point of having so many children, what are these Quiverfull folks actually getting out of having such an expansive brood of crotch gobbos?

Bragging rights.

• Upvote 2

Just now, EmiSue said:

Bragging rights.

There's hardly anything to brag about though. It just seems like a very stressful way to live. 

• I Agree 1

Just now, The Roman from Ipanema said:

There's hardly anything to brag about though. It just seems like a very stressful way to live. 

It doesn't make sense to anyone outside that world, I agree. But inside it, kids=bragging rights.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

It doesn't make sense to anyone outside that world, I agree. But inside it, kids=bragging rights.

I guess I'm not small-minded enough to understand such bragging rights but I'm fairly sure bragging is against the Bible.

4 “I said to the boastful, ‘Do not deal boastfully,’
And to the wicked, ‘Do not lift up the horn.
5 Do not lift up your horn on high;
Do not speak with a stiff neck.’

Psalm 75:4-5- New King James Version translation

"Do not lift up your horn on high" probably also applies to breeding like rabbits as well.^

• Haha 1

Many of the quiverful are trying to birth an army for Jesus. They assume their kids will be the exact flavor of Christian as them as adults. And they push the quiverful beliefs on their children. They assume their 19 kids will also have many children. Who will all be Christian’s as well. Here’s the thing. This sort of thing can work. Mormonism grew for years not just because of conversions, but because they usually had more than 2 kids. And then their kids had more than 2 kids. So birthing new fundie Christians means they can brainwash them into being just like them and taking over the world with their extreme beliefs. 

• Upvote 21

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They can be like my ancestors families and have a Zenolia, Zeola (Twinsburg Xanfretta and zealous  (another generation) etc in the family 

• Upvote 2

On 1/14/2023 at 8:31 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Many of the quiverful are trying to birth an army for Jesus. They assume their kids will be the exact flavor of Christian as them as adults. And they push the quiverful beliefs on their children. They assume their 19 kids will also have many children. Who will all be Christian’s as well. Here’s the thing. This sort of thing can work. Mormonism grew for years not just because of conversions, but because they usually had more than 2 kids. And then their kids had more than 2 kids. So birthing new fundie Christians means they can brainwash them into being just like them and taking over the world with their extreme beliefs. 

With the goal of outbreeding the heathens so they can “reclaim the country for Jesus.”

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic