IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 24: Can't Keep Track of the Hoards

Bethella

On 11/19/2022 at 6:38 AM, AliC said:

That's going to be extremely awkward if he renounces Christianity in the future.

It's also gonna be extremely awkward if he introduces himself like "My name is Newman Christian, it means we become a new man in Christ". But I mean, people probably find the Rods a bit awkward anyway, so what's a sermon about a name here and there?

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

It's also gonna be extremely awkward if he introduces himself like "My name is Newman Christian, it means we become a new man in Christ". But I mean, people probably find the Rods a bit awkward anyway, so what's a sermon about a name here and there?

I wonder if he just decides to go with Manny. Because it’s a common nickname and sounds fine. Or even just Chris! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if he just decides to go with Manny. Because it’s a common nickname and sounds fine. Or even just Chris! 

Manny makes me think of Modern Family 🙂

• I Agree 1

Sorry if I missed it on this thread, but it looks like David and Hannah Keller had a baby. David Waller posted some family pictures on insta.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Sorry if I missed it on this thread, but it looks like David and Hannah Keller had a baby. David Waller posted some family pictures on insta.

Her name is Eden Grace. (At least I think Grace is the middle name.)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Reddit says her middle name is Rose. 

That's right. Hence, my note that I wasn't sure. 😀

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Dude, if that's all the lecture he gives people with that lineage, the people will be BLESSED.

I also don't personally hate Newman Christian -I think it's kind of a cute sentiment and it's a very nice sounding name. Then again, I also like the name Nehemiah -had a classmate with that name and he was nice enough.

I stay far, far away from RV Full of Grifting because the parents squick me out so badly, but I'm genuinely happy that Nurie got out of Jill's grasp at least on some level... So... I may have to start lurking, at least around the Nurthan thread(s).

• Upvote 3

Alison Bontrager Helferich just posted that she had a daughter, Gemma Nicole. I don’t know when she was born but I think Allison was due late Oct - early Nov 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 8

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alison Bontrager Helferich just posted that she had a daughter, Gemma Nicole. I don’t know when she was born but I think Allison was due late Oct - early Nov 

Gemma is pretty close to Jemima. When Jemima was born, I was sort of hoping they would call her Jemma for short. Because Jemima just reminds me of aunt Jemima. Allison’s middle name is Nicole too. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Gemma? Not one I would have expected her to pick, but pretty nonetheless.i wonder what convoluted meaning they’ll impose on it to make it godly. 

I actually like the name Jemima, though it’s not one I’d bestow on a child. 

Edited to add: just looked at the photo. Malachi is such a cute little boy. And Jeremiah bears a strong resemblance to a work colleague. 

Edited by postscript
  • Upvote 4

How to say you're fundie without saying you're fundie!

Italicized text is from a long-ish CNN article, Parents welcome twins from embryos frozen 30 years ago, with quite a lot of detail on frozen embryos and embryo donation.  

The CNN article starts sanely enough:  "Born on October 31, Lydia and Timothy Ridgeway were born from what may be the longest-frozen embryos to ever result in a live birth, according to the National Embryo Donation Center."

Then BOOM! we find out the parents already have four kids, ages 8, 6, 3 and almost 2.  At that point I suspected a fundie element. 

There is something mind-boggling about it,” Philip Ridgeway said...“I was 5 years old when God gave life to Lydia and Timothy [the newborn twins], and he’s been preserving that life ever since.” 

“We’ve never had in our minds a set number of children we’d like to have,” Philip said. “We’ve always thought we’ll have as many as God wants to give us, and…when we heard about embryo adoption, we thought that’s something we would like to do.”

The phrase “adoption” has become wrapped up in a larger cultural debate, used predominantly by those in faith-based communities with conservative leanings. The National Embryo Donation Center is a private, Christian-led organization. It requires recipients to pass a “family assessment” and says “couples must be a genetic male and a genetic female married for a minimum of 3 years.”

“Going into this, we knew that we could trust God to do whatever he had sovereignly planned and that their age [of the embryos] really had no factor. It was just a matter of whether or not that was in God’s plans,” Rachel Ridgeway said. 

Edited by Howl
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Ashley Salyer finally announced her second pregnancy. She’s been showing for awhile. She’s due in April and she says it’s a rainbow baby. She’s obviously very fertile. If this keeps going, she will have a ton of kids smooshed in a NYC apartment. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ashley Salyer finally announced her second pregnancy. She’s been showing for awhile. She’s due in April and she says it’s a rainbow baby. She’s obviously very fertile. If this keeps going, she will have a ton of kids smooshed in a NYC apartment. 

Is Scarlet even walking yet?

• Upvote 2

So she’s got a one-year-old, had a miscarriage, and is now about halfway through another pregnancy? Eesh. That’s a lot of pregnancy in a short time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 17

Brooke (Bonell) Matthews had her 4th child around 2Oth of november.. A daughter named Odette Faith. I don't know if they are fundie, but, sure, they're prolific. Brooke and Matthew just celebrated their 5th anniversary in october and they are parents 4 times.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 2

Ashley Sayler finally announced her pregnancy. She also announced it is a rainbow baby. 

Nevermind, should have read thread before posting.

Edited by WannabeHistorian

On 11/28/2022 at 1:30 PM, Eleonore Peyrac said:

Brooke (Bonell) Matthews had her 4th child around 2Oth of november.. A daughter named Odette Faith. I don't know if they are fundie, but, sure, they're prolific. Brooke and Matthew just celebrated their 5th anniversary in october and they are parents 4 times.

Odette Faith reminds me of Oded Fehr, from the Mummy movies. Not that I mind being reminded - he looks damn fine in them. Ardeth Bae indeed!

Spoiler

1635244269_ArdethBay.thumb.jpg.82b27f21ff50ae9e1cc1380edd562204.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On 11/24/2022 at 1:26 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

I stay far, far away from RV Full of Grifting because the parents squick me out so badly, but I'm genuinely happy that Nurie got out of Jill's grasp at least on some level... So... I may have to start lurking, at least around the Nurthan thread(s).

She didn't. Not really. They have none of their own socials and everything about them is posted by Jill, so at least from what we can see the only thing Nurie got was a little distance (they live in Florida, where Nathan is a preacher). But not much, because it seems Nurie is up in Ohio or Jill is down in Florida every 3 weeks or so. 

I do like the name Newman. I know a few Newmans.

Kaylee just got married so the countdown to her pregnancy announcement is ongoing. Could be any day now, really. 

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Odette Faith reminds me of Oded Fehr, from the Mummy movies. Not that I mind being reminded - he looks damn fine in them. Ardeth Bae indeed!

Hide contents

1635244269_ArdethBay.thumb.jpg.82b27f21ff50ae9e1cc1380edd562204.jpg

Odette makes me think of Swan Lake. But I'll admire Oded Fehr any day.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

She didn't. Not really. They have none of their own socials and everything about them is posted by Jill, so at least from what we can see the only thing Nurie got was a little distance (they live in Florida, where Nathan is a preacher). But not much, because it seems Nurie is up in Ohio or Jill is down in Florida every 3 weeks or so. 

I learned/assumed/was disappointed by as much when I braved into RV Full of Grifting and Nurthan didn't have their own thread and so I ran away, lol. The rest of you that brave that thread are warriors. Holy heck those things move fast.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 11/26/2022 at 8:43 PM, Howl said:

The phrase “adoption” has become wrapped up in a larger cultural debate, used predominantly by those in faith-based communities with conservative leanings. The National Embryo Donation Center is a private, Christian-led organization. It requires recipients to pass a “family assessment” and says “couples must be a genetic male and a genetic female married for a minimum of 3 years.”

Would they allow a trans woman and a trans men , technically they are one genetic male and one genetic female. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hasunah2 said:

Would they allow a trans woman and a trans men , technically they are one genetic male and one genetic female. 

Nope, no way.   These are fundamentalist Christians using Bible. 

• Upvote 5

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic