IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 24: Can't Keep Track of the Hoards

Bethella

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All these dangerous fundie homebirth babies always seem to end up in the hospital. You would think she would say to herself, “maybe this is god telling me to have a hospital birth.” But nope. 

CCFCB301-86DD-40B5-BC3E-603193B3E68A.jpeg

Btw, that baby was more than a week overdue. So of course he’s big. Her husband is also very tall. Karissa is very lucky that baby didn’t have shoulder distocia. My nephew was very similar in size to Armor when he was born. He had shoulder distocia but they were in the hospital thankfully. That nephew is now 6’10” and I pretty much guarantee one of Karissa’s 3 boys will be close to that tall. What Karissa did was dangerous and she’s lucky that baby is ok.

This doesn’t sound written by Karissa.  It sounds almost normal.  It even gives credit to the doctors and nurses.  It also gives the reason why she should not be having unassisted births.  Know the risk factors of baby having fluid in their lungs if you are going to be dumb and do it unassisted.  The amount of misinformation she has shared about pregnancy and birth is scary.   So hopeful this is her last.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

All these dangerous fundie homebirth babies always seem to end up in the hospital. You would think she would say to herself, “maybe this is god telling me to have a hospital birth.” But nope. 

CCFCB301-86DD-40B5-BC3E-603193B3E68A.jpeg

Btw, that baby was more than a week overdue. So of course he’s big. Her husband is also very tall. Karissa is very lucky that baby didn’t have shoulder distocia. My nephew was very similar in size to Armor when he was born. He had shoulder distocia but they were in the hospital thankfully. That nephew is now 6’10” and I pretty much guarantee one of Karissa’s 3 boys will be close to that tall. What Karissa did was dangerous and she’s lucky that baby is ok.

The idea of having a 10 lb baby in an unassisted home birth is the stuff of nightmares. Like this is why we have an evolved health care system, so women don't have to do that. 

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The idea of having a 10 lb baby in an unassisted home birth is the stuff of nightmares. Like this is why we have an evolved health care system, so women don't have to do that. 

I had the same thought when I saw the weight.  She's very lucky things didn't go much, much worse for both her and the baby. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Yes, an overdue, unassisted, 10lb baby, 10th baby, advanced maternal age homebirth. She’s very lucky more didn’t go wrong. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, an overdue, unassisted, 10lb baby, 10th baby, advanced maternal age homebirth. She’s very lucky more didn’t go wrong. 

I can't even imagine her thought process. I was a healthy 28 year old when I had my first and we both almost died. But we were in a hospital, so all was good. 

I can't wrap my head around having so many babies and not even being willing to make sure they are born safely. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Unassisted homebirth or homebirth with an unlicensed midwife is such a horrible idea. Like you said health care is available and many larger cities have so many options that unassisted is just dumb.  In smaller areas where options are limited it’s dumb.  It’s just always dumb.  I also doubt she’s explained to her girls that they are at higher risk for death or complications during birth.  Instead she lets them watch her and declares the birth successful.  

Shoulder dystocia can happen at any weight.  It’s usually due to poor positioning and  larger and overdue increases the risks.  I have had two home births and both were with people licensed and able to administer pitocin and oxygen if needed and perform episiotomies.  As well as many other things.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I’m guessing she chooses unassisted because no midwife in her right mind would assist in Karissa Collins homebirth. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Baby Armor also had an infection when they got admitted. I wonder if that was GBS. Hopefully he continues to improve and Karissa forgets her phone passcode and never watches another misinfo culty video ever again. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing she chooses unassisted because no midwife in her right mind would assist in Karissa Collins homebirth. 

Unfortunately there are underground homebirth midwives who gladly take high risk patients.   It’s sickening and sadly they have nothing to lose.  

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Baby Armor also had an infection when they got admitted. I wonder if that was GBS. Hopefully he continues to improve and Karissa forgets her phone passcode and never watches another misinfo culty video ever again. 

When she said they were remembered from their 5 year olds stay, I wondered what kind of remembering that was.  One of joy or dread?  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, KWLand said:

Unfortunately there are underground homebirth midwives who gladly take high risk patients.   It’s sickening and sadly they have nothing to lose.  

When she said they were remembered from their 5 year olds stay, I wondered what kind of remembering that was.  One of joy or dread?  

I guess it’s not the same staff that had to deal with them scream praying over their child a year ago. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, KWLand said:

As someone who has worked in a NICU I can attest that it was almost certainly the latter.  The nurses were probably shaking their heads over the stupidity of this woman and her stupid good luck to have a baby that is alive. 

• Upvote 14

If he does have a group b strep infection, that could have been avoided. If I remember correctly, you are given antibiotics before birth so you don’t pass the strep onto the baby during birth. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Or if you birth too quickly and can’t get 4 hours of intravenous antibiotics during labour, the baby is monitored for 24 hours after. (I got to stay the night after my births)

• Upvote 6

On 2/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he does have a group b strep infection, that could have been avoided. If I remember correctly, you are given antibiotics before birth so you don’t pass the strep onto the baby during birth. 

Correct. You as the mom are tested and if you are positive you get antibiotics at birth. I’m just amazed she refuses to get the most basic of care. Also I had a ten pounder and it was OUCH! No gestational diabetes just a big kid. And gestational diabetes is another thing she should be watching for…

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sweetpickle said:

Correct. You as the mom are tested and if you are positive you get antibiotics at birth. I’m just amazed she refuses to get the most basic of care. Also I had a ten pounder and it was OUCH! No gestational diabetes just a big kid. And gestational diabetes is another thing she should be watching for…

Her husband is very tall and the baby was overdue. If she had been induced on her due date, he wouldn’t have been 10lbs I bet. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Here’s the thing. I’m wondering if Karissa had had been under the care of a doctor her whole pregnancy and had an actual hospital birth surrounded by professionals, would this baby have been in the hospital after birth for this long? I highly doubt it. Does she think her unassisted home birth was worth his being in the hospital this long? I doubt it. But she would never admit that. She does whatever she pleases and then expects the hospital to deal with the consequences of her poor decisions. 

70B74229-B2F2-4AAA-8B88-CEAD6C65FD44.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s the thing. I’m wondering if Karissa had had been under the care of a doctor her whole pregnancy and had an actual hospital birth surrounded by professionals, would this baby have been in the hospital after birth for this long? I highly doubt it. Does she think her unassisted home birth was worth his being in the hospital this long? I doubt it. But she would never admit that. She does whatever she pleases and then expects the hospital to deal with the consequences of her poor decisions. 

Give it a few days and we’ll get a book report on how this was all Gods will to teach her something.  Then in a few years she’ll share how God told her Armor was going to be in the hospital for so many days and by golly hope that story includes Armor being her last.

Without knowing why he is actually hospitalized (and unlike JRod, Karissa has learned to not share everything and was called out recently for saying she didn’t know why Anthym was hospitalized when Karissa made it clear last January it was an UTI) it’s hard to know if he would be hospitalized for so long.

my theory is she didn’t section him well or at all after birth and since her water broke before active labor and labor prolonged he didn’t squeeze it out himself during birth.  I also wonder if his sugars are high because of his size.  It seems too long to be there for a GBS infection.

• Upvote 7

Katie Clark says she’s in labor. 

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

A pecan (Waller) appears on the way. 

Did they announce? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The baby looks like he has a picc line in his left arm. This is a percutaneously placed line that is threaded deep into the heart for more stable access for infusing more important medications and fluids(caustic meds that can harm more fragile veins and more concentrated glucose infusions needed for nutrition and hypoglycemia). This baby was clearly sick-

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 8
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was going to post this. She is due March 4th. Two weeks early is pretty typical for the Bates girls. 

• Upvote 6

Katie Bates Clark had her baby girl. Hailey James Clark was born at 10:29 p.m on February 17th, making it a triple Bates birthday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

On 2/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did they announce? 

I did not see an announcement but I too speculated based off her recent video on their instagram  She is wearing a red sweater and appears very thick in the mid-section where she is typically slender.  I figure if she is announcement will be made soon.  

• Upvote 1

Hannah Salyer Hoover is pregnant with a boy and due in August. She got married so young and now she will be a young mom. It’s sad how fundieland works sometimes. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic