IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 24: Can't Keep Track of the Hoards

Bethella

I would pronounce both Jena and Gina as “jee na.” It would need two Ns for me to pronounce it as “Jen na.” I have a friend whose daughter is Genevieve and she goes by Genna.

I've never heard of Jena, and I would assume it was pronounced either Jay-na or Jen-a. I've definitely never seen Gena.

I've seen Gina though, a ton. It's a diminuative of names like Georgina or Regina. 

• Upvote 1

Jenna - Gen a

Gina- Jean a

I’ve known both. Gina is more old school and Jenna is more common now.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I would pronounce both Jena and Gina as “jee na.” It would need two Ns for me to pronounce it as “Jen na.” I have a friend whose daughter is Genevieve and she goes by Genna.

I would pronounce Jena as "Jay-na". I know a Lena who is "Lay-na". 

There are so many different ways people will pronounce Jena just on this thread. It’s the biggest reason spelling children’s names the most common way is helpful. Because people do get tired of correcting people who mispronounce their name. I know this because people mispronounced my last name all my life. It gets so old. I made sure my sons had first names that would almost always be pronounced correctly due to spelling and commonness of the names. No one has ever mispronounced their first names. 

• Upvote 2

My grandfather's name was Jackson, and he was very much loved by an extended family; there are a lot of little boys in that family that have Jackson as part of their name.

• Upvote 2

On 5/15/2023 at 11:22 AM, HereticHick said:

I don't want to sound classist, but "Ryker Cruise" sounds like some tatted up guy in a backwards baseball cap, getting into a fight on a party barge on Lake of the Ozarks. And is possibly my 1st cousin once removed. : )

Are we related?  I have the same cousin!

• Haha 3

From Erin and Chad latest vlog, Grandma Paine says that the baby Josiah and Alyssa are expecting is a girl, she also says that if the baby Erin is expecting is a boy that would make 10 grandaughters and 9 grandsons, so Hannah must be expecting a girl too.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Joy's baby is Gunner James. Doesn't really go with Gideon and Evelyn and not my cup of tea but not my baby I guess😆

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Joy's baby is Gunner James. Doesn't really go with Gideon and Evelyn and not my cup of tea but not my baby I guess😆

Oh man, I should have thought of Gunner. It's so them. They didn't even spell the original name right - Gunnar.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Not a fan, but yeah, not my kid, and I guess “Gunner” could be popular in the redneck right wing crowd? I’m from Europe, so it made me think of the Scandinavian name “Gunnar” at first.

On 5/18/2023 at 1:10 AM, anjulibai said:

I've never heard of Jena, and I would assume it was pronounced either Jay-na or Jen-a. I've definitely never seen Gena.

“Jena” is a city in Germany, so I doubt anyone would name their kid that here. 😁 “Jana” is not super popular, but definitely considered a very normal name here.

• Upvote 1

Given Austin's interest in guns, I suppose this name is appropriate.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

It’s not Spurgeon, Kolter or Zade level bad. Did anyone guess it?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 minute ago, KWLand said:

Is Austin’s middle name James?  Gunner is one of my least favorite names, especially now a days 

No, it's Martyn.

Gunner is a dog name where I live. Equivalent to naming your kid Fido.

• Upvote 3

Isn't "Gunnar" the dog in the "Cheaper by the Dozen" Movie with Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

It’s not Spurgeon, Kolter or Zade level bad. Did anyone guess it?

Nothing will ever compare with Spurgeon (I hope), but after Spurgeon and Brynley, it's definitely my least-favorite Grandduggar name.

• Upvote 5

Gunner is not my cup of tea and it doesn't really go with the classic, vintage vibe of Gideon and Evelyn but not my kid and not the worst fundie name.

On 5/20/2023 at 2:25 PM, llucie said:

From Erin and Chad latest vlog, Grandma Paine says that the baby Josiah and Alyssa are expecting is a girl, she also says that if the baby Erin is expecting is a boy that would make 10 grandaughters and 9 grandsons, so Hannah must be expecting a girl too.

Hannah already had her baby

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Born 5/17

8 lb. 14 oz.

• Upvote 2

Gunner is aparently a version of Gunther (nickname?), so to me it fits with heir other kids names, the theme being old fashioned grandma/grandpa names.

10 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

Hannah already had her baby

Do you know when she was born?

• Rufus Bless 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic