IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 17: How Many and Counting?

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Names starting with Eu aren’t popular in the US at this time. Eugene, Eugenia, Eustace, Eula all used to be more common 100 years ago but not now. I sort of like Eulalie though. I saw that on a tombstone and thought it was pretty. 

My grandma's middle name was Eulalie. She always hated it but I think it is a nice name.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Sister Eulalie was the name of my 1st grade teacher—Catholic school. I have very rarely heard the name since, tho I did rather recently, can’t remember how it came up. I see Eustace a lot while photographing 100 year old  headstones at the cemetery. How’s it pronounced? You-stus? Elvira was very popular with the Italians back then, too.

Another name with the eu sound that has fallen out of favor is Beulah.

My grandma was born in the early 1920's in backwoods West Virginia, and her middle name was Elvira. 😁

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, yeahthatsme74 said:

My grandma was born in the early 1920's in backwoods West Virginia, and her middle name was Elvira. 😁

That reminds me, there was a song, Elvira, Oak Ridge Boys? Not sure. I was little. I thought the song was saying "Hell Fire Up" and I was afraid of it because I thought it meant hell was like stoking it's fire or something. 🤣

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

That reminds me, there was a song, Elvira, Oak Ridge Boys? Not sure. I was little. I thought the song was saying "Hell Fire Up" and I was afraid of it because I thought it meant hell was like stoking it's fire or something. 🤣

Never mind. Couldn’t get link to work

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

Holy shit, these guys look part Sasquatch!

Lol full beards and long hair were in at the time. I look at some pics of my dad from the 70s and there was a period when he was quite hairy. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol full beards and long hair were in at the time. I look at some pics of my dad from the 70s and there was a period when he was quite hairy. 

We should time-travel those idiots from "Finding Bigfoot" back to that era. They'd have a field day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Who else had to square dance to Elvira in elementary school?

Me! Once we got a little older we switched to line dancing. I think it was Old Time Rock 'n Roll by Bob Seger for the line dance.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I have to admit, the first time I see "Beulah" as a name I almost laugh. In my mom's part of the country, "beulah" is how we say split in 2. Languages are fascinating.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, arareyeah said:

I have to admit, the first time I see "Beulah" as a name I almost laugh. In my mom's part of the country, "beulah" is how we say split in 2. Languages are fascinating.

I had a friend in high school whose mother was named Beulah.  She was from the West Indies.

My sister, born in '68, had a friend/classmate named Elvira who hated her name and went by Ellie.  They would have been 12 and in 6th grade in 1980 when the Oak Ridge Boys tune came out, so I am sure that poor girl took a lot of ribbing.   

• Upvote 4

I did like the Elvira song. The chorus was fun to sing along to. 

Elvira!
Elvira!
My heart's on fire for Elvira!
Giddy up, oom poppa, oom poppa, mow mow
Giddy up, oom poppa, oom poppa, mow mow
Heigh-ho Silver, away!

• Upvote 7

On 9/19/2023 at 5:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Names starting with Eu aren’t popular in the US at this time. Eugene, Eugenia, Eustace, Eula all used to be more common 100 years ago but not now. I sort of like Eulalie though. I saw that on a tombstone and thought it was pretty. 

Maybe because the ''Eu'' sound is not so easy to say in English? It's usually pronounced ''Yoo-gene'' or ''Yoo-lah-lee'' but the ''Eu'' sound is so different depending on the language. Spanish will say ''ee-u-lah-lee''. The French ''eu'' is harder to describe but it would be like ''er-lah-lee''.

• Upvote 2

Nah, it's easy to say here, just Yoogeen or Yoostuhs. But if you imagine a Ma Kettle type calling out, "Yooostace! Shoo them chickens into the henhouse on yer way inta the house! And don't forget to wipe your feet!" Well, then. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Maybe because the ''Eu'' sound is not so easy to say in English? It's usually pronounced ''Yoo-gene'' or ''Yoo-lah-lee'' but the ''Eu'' sound is so different depending on the language. Spanish will say ''ee-u-lah-lee''. The French ''eu'' is harder to describe but it would be like ''er-lah-lee''.

worst of all is the German version, Eugen, which is pronounced Oy-gun.

Awful.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 9/21/2023 at 3:50 PM, Jana814 said:

I like the Elvira song also. They were on the Wendy Williams show years ago.  Apparently Elvira was a street.  

I liked that song a lot too. My mom did as well. Never knew it was a street. As I got older, I always thought of Elvira the horror hostess. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Angelface said:

I hope that Kendra can have a large gap between child number four and child number five. She is only 24 and has four children ( probably four children three and under although Garret is now four). I don’t understand the indiscriminate adding of baby after baby. If she stops for a good few years (say 5) she will be able to enjoy, nurture, know and educate the children that she already has before increasing her workload.  I cannot comprehend any joy in a life of ever increasing domestic drudgery with so many demands on my time, energy and patience. There are those who will say that this is her choice but did she really have any choice? Does she know that she can make different choices, have a slightly different life? I feel sad for every fundie very young woman if this is all they see as their future. 

My son Joshua is 25 years old. So he is the same age as Kendra. He has one baby Everly and she is 2. This girl has her whole life in front of her. I only had one child because my pregnancy was difficult. I don’t regret stopping at one. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

IMG_9789.thumb.png.7434567612f805345898a68033af322f.pngIMG_9790.thumb.png.62fceea7f6cefbca7700a57513f1cae4.png

Has Kendra’s mum announced another pregnacy? Is this an old pic? I lost count of how many kids are meant to be in the pic. Flogging a dead horse  I know but would still love to know what happened too Titus and Lauren. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:
  Hide contents

IMG_9789.thumb.png.7434567612f805345898a68033af322f.pngIMG_9790.thumb.png.62fceea7f6cefbca7700a57513f1cae4.png

Has Kendra’s mum announced another pregnacy? Is this an old pic? I lost count of how many kids are meant to be in the pic. Flogging a dead horse  I know but would still love to know what happened too Titus and Lauren. 

Looks like the expected amount of children to me.

Joe is holding Brooklyn, Kendra is holding Justus, Lauren is holding Moriah and in the front row we have Addison, Garret, Isiah and Jesiah.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, LancetteShing99 said:

Looks like the expected amount of children to me.

Joe is holding Brooklyn, Kendra is holding Justus, Lauren is holding Moriah and in the front row we have Addison, Garret, Isiah and Jesiah.

It does look like the expected number of kids, just Christina is looking kind of fuller round the belly. Obviously we hesitate to make assumptions about people's bodies but the Caldwells have gaps as large as 4 or 5 years between their kids and they had Moriah in 2021 so it's not impossible that they're still going although they're mid-40s now.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

It does look like the expected number of kids, just Christina is looking kind of fuller round the belly. Obviously we hesitate to make assumptions about people's bodies but the Caldwells have gaps as large as 4 or 5 years between their kids and they had Moriah in 2021 so it's not impossible that they're still going although they're mid-40s now.

She’s 44 so I would be surprised. Only because the chances of getting pregnant and not miscarrying at 44 are quite low.

• Thank You 2

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s 44 so I would be surprised. Only because the chances of getting pregnant and not miscarrying at 44 are quite low.

Unlikely but not impossible. Both my grandmother and great-grandmother gave birth to their youngest child around their 45th birthday.

But dresses like this make almost everyone look pregnant. And Christina has birthed 9 children so it would not be surprising if she looked a little fuller around the belly even when not pregnant.

But who knows. It's Schroedinger's uterus. We'll eventually see if a new Caldwell has joined them or not on their next family picture.

• Upvote 9
  • Move Along 1

I would say they tend to choose that empire type cut of dress because it enhances a bump. They don't tend to wear them unless it's to advertise a pregnancy, however early. Christine's 44, yes, and probably doesn't have the figure she did pre babies, but Schroedinger's Uterus indeed. The chance is never zero.

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2