IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 17: How Many and Counting?

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

IIRC he started to say something, then said 30. I’ve always kind of wondered if Joy is now #29, but he maybe was unsure of adding Annabelle to the mix (since she was such a late miscarriage/stillbirth) so he said 30. Is that possible? 

I personally don’t think so. Joy has made enough references to her children and the amount she has to know that they don’t count Annabelle when adding up children. 

There is a rumour that Lauren is due in May, which would make her #29. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

I personally don’t think so. Joy has made enough references to her children and the amount she has to know that they don’t count Annabelle when adding up children. 

There is a rumour that Lauren is due in May, which would make her #29. 

I'm really curious about whether Lauren is actually pregnant or someone is  trolling. It's not unreasonable spacing--she got pregnant with Asa a few months into marriage, miscarried early, pregnant with Bella four months later, possible loss after Bella, then Daisy likely March 2022, so 26 months after Bella. If she's due in May, that's 14 months between Daisy and #3, and if there's no loss to recover from, then it's totally possible.

If they'd just low-key announced these things, we wouldn't be here wondering and scrutinizing every pic and video.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

42 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

If they'd just low-key announced these things, we wouldn't be here wondering and scrutinizing every pic and video.

I agree. I think it would be a smart thing to just give some basics since people will find out anyway, sooner or later. I think that John and Abbie found a nice middle ground when they announced the birth of Charlie. Nice family photo. We know his name and that he was born in September 2022 and that they are all fine. 

I don't think they owe people anything or that they have to do it if they don't want to. But people will be curious and find out, and people scrutinizing every little detail can't be easy either. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

19 hours ago, xenobia said:

I agree. I think it would be a smart thing to just give some basics since people will find out anyway, sooner or later.

This is such a slippery slope and I don't think it's something we can expect or want from them. Josiah grew up on television and clearly wasn't a fan, considering how much he tries to be private now. I think it's pretty insensitive to criticize him for that or expect more. They are under zero obligations to tell us anything about their lives. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 15

2 hours ago, viii said:

This is such a slippery slope and I don't think it's something we can expect or want from them. Josiah grew up on television and clearly wasn't a fan, considering how much he tries to be private now. I think it's pretty insensitive to criticize him for that or expect more. They are under zero obligations to tell us anything about their lives. 

And I agreed that they have no obligation what so ever to tell us. But if it was me, and I had to chose between Reddit detectives and controlling the information myself, I would pick option B. 

• Upvote 9

Oh, I agree with you, but I can see why Josiah wouldn't. 

I also find it weird how much some people care. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, viii said:

I agree but my busy body nature still hates it lol.
They don’t have to tell us shit.

Annoys my need to know nature no end.

I’m like a lot of other people on here, I don’t need names but I would prefer it.
I would like month and gender, just ‘cause I love the duggar data predictions.  

• Upvote 6

On 3/17/2023 at 11:41 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Nell and Nelly were often Ellen or Helen.  In fact, I think Nell was most common for Helen.

Nell and Nelly also common nicknames for Janelle and Penelope from people I've met / their children.

• Upvote 2

On 3/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, xenobia said:

And I agreed that they have no obligation what so ever to tell us. But if it was me, and I had to chose between Reddit detectives and controlling the information myself, I would pick option B. 

I agree from the same perspective. Just from watching how people do things online, doing the John and Abbie thing means very few people even talk about or say anything about Charlie. Seriously. He’s like a forgotten baby. But it’s different with Lauren and Josiah’s second. People are more interested because of the mystery. It’s weird how humans are immediately more interested in a secret. Whisper anything at all to someone in front of another person and they will immediately demand to know what is said. No matter what.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree from the same perspective. Just from watching how people do things online, doing the John and Abbie thing means very few people even talk about or say anything about Charlie. Seriously. He’s like a forgotten baby. But it’s different with Lauren and Josiah’s second. People are more interested because of the mystery. It’s weird how humans are immediately more interested in a secret. Whisper anything at all to someone in front of another person and they will immediately demand to know what is said. No matter what.

Not to mention that Lauren made such a public display about her miscarriage prior to her first baby. Remember she had a cake with his name at the baby shower for her daughter?  Does anyone think that is indicative of healthy grieving? IDK…it seems when the money was flowing they were willing to share. OTOH, I totally respect the privacy angle. Children should not be used for financial gain.

• Upvote 6

I think it's less about healthy grieving and more just about Lauren being far too young to deal with those emotions. She miscarried her first baby at a very young age, and in a world that places so much value on children and romanticizes motherhood, I'm not surprised that she wanted to make sure nobody forgot her baby. Now that she's had two children, though, her life is a lot busier and I'm not surprised she doesn't focus on Asa as much anymore. I'm not saying she's forgotten him, but she's in a different place right now and it's more important to focus on the children she has, rather than the ones she has lost. 

• Upvote 25

On 3/18/2023 at 12:00 PM, SorenaJ said:

I have heard Pegeen as a nickname for Margaret on Call the Midwife. She was an Irish traveller, but is Pegeen used as a nickname for Margaret in non-Irish traveller people? 

Pegeen (Peigín) translates as little Peg. Anything with an een on the end means little. Children for example might have it tacked onto their name. Maureen (Máirín) is little Mary, Máire (Moira) is Mary in Irish, Noreen (Nóirín), little Nora etc etc.

ETA I just saw @IrishCarrie answered already! Yes agree, all very old lady names!!

Edited by Irishy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:40 AM, viii said:

I think it's less about healthy grieving and more just about Lauren being far too young to deal with those emotions. She miscarried her first baby at a very young age, and in a world that places so much value on children and romanticizes motherhood, I'm not surprised that she wanted to make sure nobody forgot her baby. Now that she's had two children, though, her life is a lot busier and I'm not surprised she doesn't focus on Asa as much anymore. I'm not saying she's forgotten him, but she's in a different place right now and it's more important to focus on the children she has, rather than the ones she has lost. 

I agree 100% that she was far too young to know how to process her loss and had been taught all her life that reproduction was her only purpose in life. She was awkward at being shoved in front of the camera and her attempts to console Joy with her shared experience of pregnancy loss were met with scorn from the online community. Her life now is probably pretty similar to that of all mothers with young children (potty training, cleaning up messes, up all night with the new baby and nonstop laundry) which pushes the trauma of the loss and being butchered online into the background. All things considered, I don’t find it shocking that she and Josiah are avoiding being in the public eye. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• 3 months later...

Here's a very recent picture of the Caldwells. I'll leave it to the experts to determine how old Kendra's youngest is. 😃

Screenshot_2023-07-05-16-01-19-586_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.2bcf1c27612d7cd218861d361285570c.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 11

14 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The two girls on the right standing next to their Dad? Look like Jill Duggar. 

The one in the white dress is Kendra’s sister Olivia while the little girl in front is Kendra’s #2, Addison.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I have May/June 2022 as a guess before the picture. Little guy looks about 1 so likely around then. Wouldn't go much earlier than that imo because he still has that baby look and not the "taby" look that 15-18 month olds sport.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I admit that I'm still curious about what happened when Laurens engagement to Titus Hall was broken off. 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

Here's a very recent picture of the Caldwells. I'll leave it to the experts to determine how old Kendra's youngest is. 😃

Screenshot_2023-07-05-16-01-19-586_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.2bcf1c27612d7cd218861d361285570c.jpg

What cracks me up about this photo is how JD appears to be of the group but not necessarily in the group. Kendra is perfectly snugged in there with the rest of the Caldwells, but JD is slightly set apart as if his image could easily be snipped out of the photo! No sticking him anywhere in the midst of any of them. No, you stand right over here.

• Upvote 2

Someone on reddit in the DuggarsSnark sub mentioned that in Jinger's latest video it sounds like JoKen #4's name is Beckett.  

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Cam said:

What cracks me up about this photo is how JD appears to be of the group but not necessarily in the group. Kendra is perfectly snugged in there with the rest of the Caldwells, but JD is slightly set apart as if his image could easily be snipped out of the photo! No sticking him anywhere in the midst of any of them. No, you stand right over here.

That's Joseph. JD is married to Abbie, and they only have 2 kids. I know, they're all interchangeable. 😃

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

It’s weird how all those little kids look like brothers and sisters. Not cousins. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s weird how all those little kids look like brothers and sisters. Not cousins. 

It's like a fundie commune. 😂

• Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Someone on reddit in the DuggarsSnark sub mentioned that in Jinger's latest video it sounds like JoKen #4's name is Beckett.  

Beckett is totally their name style. I can see it.

• Upvote 2

Sorry I figured it out. Garrett, Addison, Brooklyn, and Beckett. 

If they like boy names that end with t and girl names that end with n, they will have plenty of future choices. Everett, Emmett, Barrett, Merritt, Bennett, Madeline, Camryn, Taryn. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1