IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

I have long hair (shoulder blade length). It's been longer (below my waist), but it's never been short (or even mid-length).

I've always been a feminist. 

I think Lori's head just exploded.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Her post mentioning Gothard is sick.  In todays world, she has to know that what people show on the outside or tv isn’t the whole story and two different people could grow up in the same house and have different experiences.  Lori doesn’t get to decide if Bill or JB or Michelle was abusive to others, she only gets to decide if they were abusive to her and if she chooses to ignore the public stories that say otherwise.

im sure she also reads Michael Pearls book and sees no proof of abuse there, which is a shame. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

I would love to have longer hair, actually, but haven't had it long since high school way back in the 70s. It just didn't look good on me then and I doubt it would look good on me now. Besides, as I get older, it's starting to thin on top (thanks, menopause and diabetes! 🥴), so if I let it grow the thinning would just look more and more obvious. Lori can take her opinion (because that's what it is, God is not concerned with the length of my hair!)) and stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:03 PM, Loveday said:

But then she posted about it all this afternoon without naming names or being too specific about Jinger. 

It looks like she did do a blog post “Jinger Duggar threw her parents under the bus” with a picture of a bus. In the post, she slanders cousin Amy , as well as Jill and then also start a rumor that Derrick somehow was also responsible for leading her astray. from  everything I’ve heard the reference about the BIL Jinger was referencing was actually Ben. Ben and Jeremy were/are close 

Lori can’t seem to grasp that everything that was shown on TV for the Duggers was for TV only and a false narrative and how Jim Bob exploded the girls and all of his children for money and ratings

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Read the whole blog.   It’s as if Lori doesn’t understand that reporters don’t report the whole conversation they have and that a book publisher doesn’t publish a book in its entirety as originally written.  She has no idea if Jinjer is thankful for her parents and if she is, she can still complain about ways she was raised.  If she’s not than that’s okay too.  It’s not black and white and nobody gets to tell jinjer how her upbringing was..  
lori is so full of herself that she has fooled herself into believing she knows Jingers life better than jinjer.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Lori can’t seem to grasp that everything that was shown on TV for the Duggers was for TV only and a false narrative and how Jim Bob exploded the girls and all of his children for money and ratings

Lori is easily influenced.  Very gullible. Talk about being emotional…she goes from (male) teacher to another and refuses to entertain any negative ideas about any of them. No wonder she is so religious. Her critical thinking skills, if she ever had any, were killed off by her radiation therapy. 

My hair is shorter than my husband’s, which matters not one bit to him (or me). It’s also getting whiter by the day, despite the fact he’d love me to color it. Nope, not going to do that. It’s so much healthier now than it was when I finished treatment for breast cancer. I’m not going to mess with that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

Lori sounds a little worried that one of her children might write something about how she raised them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Lori (and Ken) have already outed themselves:  as beating children for 4 hours with a stiff leather strap; spanking her babies/ small children; smacking with her slipper and locking the children outside Christmas morning; haranguing both daughters about 5 lbs of extra weight and giving them body anxiety; flicking a baby's cheek if they squirm during diaper change; starting scream/ cry it out sleep training at 3 weeks; the 'snakes will get you if you complain' scare tactic, and myriad other tales of her/ their monstrous  "parenting."

I hate to imagine what other stories her children could tell.

(But I'd definitely read the tell-all book.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

17 hours ago, Loveday said:

Her latest post on FB is all about how godly women should never cut their hair. She posts a family photo with all the daughters and daughters in law with their long hair. And then there's this: "Only people who follow this Page for more than 24 hours can comment." I guess she can't handle people disagreeing with her on HAIR LENGTH, of all the things.

Special kind of snowflake right there, I swear. 🙄

At least one of those daugthers/DIL is far from modest, often showing tight clothes and parts of her body and I'm sure the very long dyed hair is for vain reasons, not for godly reasons. Another one wore a stunning, sexy back-naked wedding dress that was probably paid by Lori.

I'm in no way critizising posting beauty shoots and half-dressed bodies. But using it as an evidence of conservative Christian views is so hypocrital that I want to scream!

5 minutes ago, Fallgirl30 said:

I’d love an AMA with one of her daughters.

They use Lori as babysitter often, so they must be ok with her beliefs. Cassi has had 5 or 6 children in a few years, which makes me think she's very fundie. As far as we know, the oldest son is a strict father and the youngest is married to a very conservative woman who loves Lori. So probably Lori's children are relative ok with their upbringing. I hope I'm wrong and some of them see the abuse. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

At least one of those daugthers/DIL is far from modest, often showing tight clothes and parts of her body and I'm sure the very long dyed hair is for vain reasons, not for godly reasons. Another one wore a stunning, sexy back-naked wedding dress that was probably paid by Lori.

Yes she wears a lot of leggings it must drive Lori nuts.  She is a Christian although not Lori’s flavor because she doesn’t focus on obedience.  

there is talk on Reddit about an estranged daughter but from what I can tell, this isn’t truthful.  Lori is upset about Jinger bc she sees the Duggars as the perfect family, in her mind they’ve done everything right.  

• Upvote 7

Hasn’t Lori been quire critical of her own parents? She’s written that they fought a lot and that her mother didn’t teach her to be a godly/submissive wife. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Hasn’t Lori been quire critical of her own parents? She’s written that they fought a lot and that her mother didn’t teach her to be a godly/submissive wife. 

I've been thinking the same thing. And hasn't she been critical of her father for making her go to college? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I guess if a woman gets cancer of one of the reproductive organs, Lori thinks she should just die instead of getting it treated because if it's not surgery that causes a woman to no longer serve as a brood mare, it's the hair loss that's often a side effect of chemotherapy and radiation that she considers a sin.

Personally, I'm keeping my hair no longer than shoulder length.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3

My hair is long...not because of some idea of "femininity" but because I'm either too lazy or too broke to have an actual hairstyle. Its just easier that way. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Daily Kos dragged Lori all around the yard for running over Jinger and backing up the bus several times for Jing disrespecting Jim Boob and Moochelle.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/22/2148541/-Christianist-blogger-wags-finger-at-Jinger-Duggar-Vuolo-for-opening-up-about-her-abusive-childhood?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Daily Kos dragged Lori all around the yard for running over Jinger and backing up the bus several times for Jing disrespecting Jim Boob and Moochelle.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/22/2148541/-Christianist-blogger-wags-finger-at-Jinger-Duggar-Vuolo-for-opening-up-about-her-abusive-childhood?pm_source=story_sidebar&pm_medium=web&pm_campaign=recommended

Well, this was spot on. Lori will consider it 'persecution,' though, as will her diehard supporters.

"Prominent Christian blogger,' though. PROMINENT. I'm sure Lori will love that. 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Lori is doubling down on the Duggars.  She now has a “YouTubes” on the subject. She can’t even get the names right. — she keeps mixing up Jinger and Jessa names.  

I think Lori is the chapter President of the California Duggars Fan Club. 

• Upvote 5

Lori posts this: "I almost died at 45... and a few other times..."

My brain immediately: "If only..."

I wish I felt guilty about that. 

She's on swimwear today. Apparently, no one but Lori and her acolytes wear anything but thong bikinis.  There's a contest in the comments for most covered with one bragging that she wears a shirt and leggings over an already mostly covered suit. These people can't possibly actually get in the water in all of that, let alone actually swim. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

I have to give it to Lori, she is tenacious! As we all know when she gets on a subject she JUST CAN"T LET IT GO.   More blogs posts and tweets taking swipes at Jinger and praising the IBLP and Gothard, 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I have to give it to Lori, she is tenacious! As we all know when she gets on a subject she JUST CAN"T LET IT GO.   More blogs posts and tweets taking swipes at Jinger and praising the IBLP and Gothard, 

And in the chatroom, too. But she's getting ripped a new one there, apparently (I'm not a member of that august assemblage, but I have seen a few comments about it in other places). She also took down and then re-uploaded a post today on FB, on the same subject, after deleting some comments and then limiting who can comment. Surprisingly, Ken hasn't come in yet to defend her with sword in hand.

• Upvote 1

It's very odd that Lori is so tenacious on the subject of the Duggars. Even the wingnuttiest of the Christian Supremacists seem to find the Duggar defense of Josh Duggar to be a bridge too far, but Lori has to double down. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Maybe she’s hoping to go viral again.

Defending the Duggars is controversial and lets her play the role of poor persecuted older woman of God who knows best.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:05 AM, usmcmom said:

But Lori won't go viral complaining about her own parents and is getting the attention she craves bagging on Jinger.

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic