IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

On 1/9/2023 at 1:13 AM, Letgo said:

Paid maternity leave would allow more women to stay at home longer with their babies. How does it force more women into the workforce?

She just hates women and doesn't want them to have any rights or entitlements or anything that would help them in any way, at any time. Her poor family putting up with this hateful, foul woman.

• Upvote 8

On 1/9/2023 at 12:49 AM, KWLand said:

I’m assuming Ken doesn’t employ any women.

Ken employs women. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Ken employs women. 

And he once wondered aloud why they don’t flirt with him. :puke-huge:

• Disgust 7
  • Haha 3

So the Poverty Olympics continues. They're discussing wedding rings and diamonds etc. I agree that a woman shouldn't expect or demand an extravagant ring. However they make it sound like it's a sin to have anything nice. Im not saying to go in debt or be careless with money, but it kinda hurt to hear some of these women say they didn't even have a honeymoon. Our whole wedding cost less than $5000. You don't have to spend $20,000 to have something nice. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

My wedding cost less than $5000, too. Of course that was in the 80s, so adjust for inflation. LOL. But really, we had a very simple church wedding, with an afternoon buffet reception at the officer's club of a nearby naval base. Which sounds fancier than it was. It was nice, but NOT fancy. We had around 80 guests. My dress cost less than $100, I had one bridesmaid/matron of honor, and we used my in-laws' Lincoln Continental to drive away in (my FIL had expensive taste in cars!). We also had a short honeymoon, again not anywhere fancy or expensive, just a few days away.

But I guess we should have gotten married at the courthouse, in khakis on his part, a jeans skirt to the floor on mine, with rings purchased from KMart, and then hopped into my Pinto and driven straight home,  to hear some of Lori's leghumpers go on about it. I don't understand the drive they seem to have to live such bleak, downtrodden lives. On purpose. Is that really how God wants us to live? I don't believe that. 😕 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Exactly. My dress was $300 from Belk. We were married at the church I grew up in, and they didn't even charge me for the venue. Reception was heavy horderves in the fellowship hall with a $150 there tiered cake. There were about 100 people. Honeymoon was 4 day trip to Disney ( Hubby was an Air Force Officer, so he was able to save up for that and the apx. $1000 engagement ring, though I would have been fine with a less expensive one).

I certainly don't believe in the Prosperity Gospel, but Jesus said in John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Sounds like Jesus wants us to have some fun and enjoy life. That courthouse wedding and going back home for lunch with no honeymoon sure sounds special (NOT).  At least go out for a nice dinner and get a hotel somewhere for a couple days. Your wedding is supposed to be one of the most important days in your life. Do something special.

55 minutes ago, Loveday said:

My wedding cost less than $5000, too. Of course that was in the 80s, so adjust for inflation. LOL. But really, we had a very simple church wedding, with an afternoon buffet reception at the officer's club of a nearby naval base. Which sounds fancier than it was. It was nice, but NOT fancy. We had around 80 guests. My dress cost less than $100, I had one bridesmaid/matron of honor, and we used my in-laws' Lincoln Continental to drive away in (my FIL had expensive taste in cars!). We also had a short honeymoon, again not anywhere fancy or expensive, just a few days away.

But I guess we should have gotten married at the courthouse, in khakis on his part, a jeans skirt to the floor on mine, with rings purchased from KMart, and then hopped into my Pinto and driven straight home,  to hear some of Lori's leghumpers go on about it. I don't understand the drive they seem to have to live such bleak, downtrodden lives. On purpose. Is that really how God wants us to live? I don't believe that. 😕 

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Love 5

Cheap (second) wedding here, too. It was in 1985, and we were getting ready to build a house, so we didn’t want to go broke. A family friend made my dress and my sisters’ (much cheaper at that time than something from a bridal salon would have been), and we had a catered meal for 60 in the church hall. We went to Boston (a short drive away) for our honeymoon and went to shows and museums.

The wedding was pretty and tasteful and had great music. The only thing I would have changed is the groom.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

I had the ultimate cheapo wedding when Mr. Xtian and I got married. BUT...it wasn't a big deal for us, the real reason we decided to make it legal was for military benefits. 30 bucks for the license, 30 bucks for the justice of the peace. I went to work that afternoon. That said, whatever floats your boat works for you. We were in our mid-30's and had been married before. We just did it to have the piece of paper. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

On 1/13/2023 at 4:12 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

So the Poverty Olympics continues. They're discussing wedding rings and diamonds etc. I agree that a woman shouldn't expect or demand an extravagant ring. However they make it sound like it's a sin to have anything nice. Im not saying to go in debt or be careless with money, but it kinda hurt to hear some of these women say they didn't even have a honeymoon. Our whole wedding cost less than $5000. You don't have to spend $20,000 to have something nice. 

My wedding gown came from our local thrift store(donated unsold stock).  Our rings came from *whispers* Walmart.  Our reception was at the church fellowship hall, with catering by ladies from the church.

• Love 6

On 1/13/2023 at 4:12 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

I don't think it could have been Lori Anderson, because I don't think I'd heard of her back then, but I read something right after I got married where an older blogger lady (might have been the Home Living one, but I can't find it in her archives) was saying you don't actually want a diamond at all, because it could scratch your baby's face. Which even then sounded a lot like trying to make women think that their shabby lot in life is what they should really want.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

With JInger Duggar Vuolo and her new book in the news (a People Magazine story just came out) Lori is freaking the heck out all over social media.  I can't see her FB page (I was banned a while back for stating that underwires to not in fact cause cancer, and  healthy diet, while it is highly recommend and can reduce RISK factors, it alone won't prevent cancer -- BANNED) but I saw one post someone reposted and she has several tweets which are definitely targeted towards Jinger. 

Anyway, apparently she is all apoplectic about Jinger telling her story. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

With JInger Duggar Vuolo and her new book in the news (a People Magazine story just came out) Lori is freaking the heck out all over social media.  I can't see her FB page (I was banned a while back for stating that underwires to not in fact cause cancer, and  healthy diet, while it is highly recommend and can reduce RISK factors, it alone won't prevent cancer -- BANNED) but I saw one post someone reposted and she has several tweets which are definitely targeted towards Jinger. 

Anyway, apparently she is all apoplectic about Jinger telling her story. 

She went on that all Michelle & JimBoob ever did was love and protect their kids. Then edited to add that anyone who brought up Josh would be blocked because he was a minor and his parents handled it and basically implied that it wasn't a big deal. This on a post where she lauded a supposed friend or acquaintance who was physically and sexually abused but never talked badly about the parents who did it. It does look like she deleted it now. Probably couldn't keep up with the blocking. 

Today, she's going on about marriage counselors being bad if they ask the couple about their childhoods or parents. So I'm wondering which of her children has seen a marriage counselor. 

*I was blocked from her Facebook years ago. I use my deceased dad's account to look at her page. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't see anything on her FB about Jinger -- perhaps already deleted?

She deleted it either last night or this morning. "I took it down. It was taking far too many rabbit trails." Translation: "People were pointing out that Jinger has a right to discuss her childhood in the IBLP cult, and they were also pointing out how her brother abused her. He DIDN"T abuse her, and IBLP is NOT a cult! I couldn't have all that disagreement--you're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with GOD!--so I deleted the post."

But then she posted about it all this afternoon without naming names or being too specific about Jinger. 

Instead of delving into one’s childhood and past hurts from parents, as most marriage counselors do with couples they’re mentoring, couples need to be taught who they are in Christ and walk in obedience to Him. This is the answer to having a great marriage, not blaming parents or others on how we are as an adult.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Lori Alexander is a monster. Jinger was abused. By her parents and their devotion to the cult, by her brother the pest and kept isolated and unable to live anything remotely resembling a healthy life. She was screwed out of a decent education, lived a life based in fear. 

Not to mention, isn't Lori the one who beat a kid for 4 hours for not picking something up? Didn't she throw her kids outside on Christmas day because they were "disobedient"? Didn't she kick a cat? Fuck that bitch, just fuck her. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Lori Alexander is a monster. Jinger was abused. By her parents and their devotion to the cult, by her brother the pest and kept isolated and unable to live anything remotely resembling a healthy life. She was screwed out of a decent education, lived a life based in fear. 

Not to mention, isn't Lori the one who beat a kid for 4 hours for not picking something up? Didn't she throw her kids outside on Christmas day because they were "disobedient"? Didn't she kick a cat? Fuck that bitch, just fuck her. 

Raisins. I mean...raisans. She beat a child for four hours because she wouldn't pick up the 'raisans' she'd dropped over the side of her high chair. And yes to the other things. Well, she TRIED to kick her cat. But she missed and injured her foot. Served her right. 

• Upvote 11

Let's never, ever, ever, never, ever forget that Ken said sexual abuse ain't no big thing. That he grew up as a missionary kid among people who were abused by their siblings.

Ken is all oops ..., sexual abuse ... oh well ... bygones.  He believes that if you don't forgive and move on that any trauma you have years later is your own fault because you didn't get over the ain't no big thing.

I firmly believe Lori agrees 100% with this.

Monsters. Effing Monsters.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Her response to Jingers book was just as horrible as I expected. Lori’s obsessive need to defend the Duggars is so strange to me.  It’s not just some rumor that may not be true, it’s real life events and it impacted the whole family. Hopefully jinger has someone to assure her that Lori and others like her aren’t to be trusted with advice and to ignore their input.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

She has a whole blog post up now condemning Jinger and praising her parents. She disabled commenting both for the blog and on the FB post that links it. She claims she went to a Gothard event in high school and excuses everything he’s been accused of as well.  

• Sad 1
  • WTF 2

If she disabled commenting on FB, she's changed it now to 'limited who can comment.' In other words, only those she knows will agree with her. :my_dodgy:

• Eyeroll 2

Her blog post titled “Jinger Duggar threw her parents under the bus”.

and a comment she made on someone’s reply “I can see people do this who had physically ab*sive and cruel parents. Jim Bob and Michelle were not at all. They deeply loved and cared for their children to the best of their ability.” Talking about people throwing their parents under the bus 

Spoiler

Jinger Duggar is coming out with a new book about her “harmful and damaging” childhood” which had “lasting effects” which caused her to be “fearful and confused who Jesus was.” She was interviewed by People Magazine. I took notes so I could make this post true to exactly what she said. She gave no praise or thankfulness to her parents, only condemnation in how they raised her. Her sister, Jill, and her cousin, Amy, are the only ones who praised her on her Instagram. Both of these women also came out against the ways Jim Bob and Michelle raised their children.

Jinger said with the help of her brother-in-law, who I assume is Derrick, Jill’s husband, she was able to see clearly many things that were wrong about her childhood. She realized that Bill Gothard was not a Bible teacher. I went to one of his week long conferences when I was in high school. It was like a breath of fresh air to me! All my friends in high school were fornicating and some were even having abortions. Alcohol and drugs were rampant. Most were from divorced homes. Yes, I know all about what he has been accused of doing, and he was most likely NOT the right man to teach the things he did but the churches sure were not teaching anything to help the youth be protected from the escalating wickedness in our generation.

She claimed his teachings were based on “fear, superstition, not knowing what God expected of you…The fear kept me crippled with anxiety…I had to wear dresses only to be pleasing to God…If I stepped out of this, God will be so displeased with me that I could bring harm on myself.” She talked about the music they were required to listen to, the friendships they should have, and the courtship standards and that dating could lead nowhere good. She had a chaperone when courting Jeremy with no kissing before marriage. She believed these were the “only way to success in life.” Plus, she was taught that drinking alcohol and using birth control were wrong.

Now, she lives in Los Angeles and called it a “busy, awesome place.” She doesn’t want to shelter her children from other “perspectives on life” and that “God never tells us to do this…If our girls want to go to college, we’ll encourage that…see what career they want to do. I’m good with that. That’s different than the setting we grew up in.”

On her Instagram post about this, one woman responded: “With all kindness, if it wasn’t for your family and your upbringing, you would have no platform. Your family was on TV and attracting a huge following of Christian people who wanted to see other wholesome families. Whether it was genuine or not, that’s what was the appeal. You and your husband have used that popularity to gain interest in your lives and create your new ‘brand.’ Honestly, you have only become more worldly and distant from your original fan base. Those that cheer you on now are NOT the people who gave you your platform. They are the same people who mocked your family and all families with deeply held Christian beliefs. They will applaud you moving further away from those values and becoming exactly the same as every other social media influencer who needs constant validation from this worldly culture! The only One who needs to know your story, already does.”

I agree with her. Her parents raised their children in the way they were convicted their children should go. Everything they taught their children can be backed by Scripture. God gives commands such as women dressing modestly, discreetly, and being shamefaced, so her parents believed that wearing dresses to the knees obeyed this command. God commands sexual purity before marriage, so her parents didn’t want her alone with a man before marriage and felt that not becoming intimate (not even kissing) would help them reach the goal of sexual purity. They were careful what friends their children had since God warns us that bad company corrupts good morals. He commands we mark and avoid false teachers and false doctrines, not listen to other’s “perspectives on life” which are most likely worldly.

Jim Bob and Michelle were simply trying to protect their children from this darkening, wicked world and raise their children to live in obedience to God. This is what all of us are called to do! We may have different convictions but they should all be based solely upon God’s Word and His commands with no worldly influence at all. No, drinking alcohol isn’t a sin but there are far more warnings against drinking alcohol than any saying it’s okay. What about birth control? Margaret Sanger is the one who brought the birth control mentality to this land which has ended the lives of over 64 million unborn babies and has led to rampant fornication, divorce, and even couples deciding to not have children. I respect those who trust God with their wombs. I sure don’t condemn them.

We must be as wise as serpents and innocent as doves, women. We must raise our children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord. What disturbs me most about this interview and Jinger’s new book is that she has thrown her parents under the bus in a most public way. The world is rejoicing! They love seeing the downfall of believers. They love that Jinger is now wearing short shorts and “living free” from the constraints her parents put upon her. I am not. It saddens me. Her parents don’t deserve this. They should be honored as God commands us to honor our parents. They weren’t abusive. They were cheerful and fun. I watched every TV show of theirs. Those children had wonderful lives! Yeah, some of Jinger’s thinking was bad. So? Most of us had some bad thinking in our childhoods, but it doesn’t mean we have to expose it publicly and make a mockery of the way we were raised.

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:11-14

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I just can't. "They weren't abusive" my ass. They KNEW pest was m*****ing his younger sisters and did NOTHING other than telling the victims to "forgive". "Those children had wonderful lives"...educational abuse, physical punishment, instilling fear in the kids due to their stupid cult. They were "cheerful" because they had no choice to be anything else. 

Lori found a soapbox she can get a whole lot of mileage out of, in hopes of going viral again. Pest is in a federal penitentary (sp) for CSAM. 

I hate saying I hate anyone but damn, this bitch, I want to just slap her idiotic, smug face right the fuck off. I know, violence serves no purpose, but I'd feel better. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Her latest post on FB is all about how godly women should never cut their hair. She posts a family photo with all the daughters and daughters in law with their long hair. And then there's this: "Only people who follow this Page for more than 24 hours can comment." I guess she can't handle people disagreeing with her on HAIR LENGTH, of all the things.

Special kind of snowflake right there, I swear. 🙄

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Her latest post on FB is all about how godly women should never cut their hair. She posts a family photo with all the daughters and daughters in law with their long hair. And then there's this: "Only people who follow this Page for more than 24 hours can comment." I guess she can't handle people disagreeing with her on HAIR LENGTH, of all the things.

Special kind of snowflake right there, I swear. 🙄

Or pointing out that she regularly cuts her own hair???

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Or pointing out that she regularly cuts her own hair???

Ha ha, that's a good point. To be slightly fair to Lori, it was more that 'women should have long hair,' not 'women should NEVER cut their hair,' but the implication was the same: If you have short hair, you're sinning. And you're butch (that word was actually used in at least one comment). And you're an evil feminist. 🙄

I'll keep my short hair, Lori, thanks very much. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic