IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

Lori lies about everything but seems to have a particular disdain for women doctors. She has told us many times that all the female doctors she has ever met have told her they would rather be home with their children.
I find this story unbelievable but it conveniently fits into the bullshit she has been spewing for years.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Lori lies about everything but seems to have a particular disdain for women doctors. She has told us many times that all the female doctors she has ever met have told her they would rather be home with their children.
I find this story unbelievable but it conveniently fits into the bullshit she has been spewing for years.

You know, I hadn't really noticed that, but now that you point it out, I realise it's true. I wonder just what the catalyst was that made her dislike women doctors more than women in any other career field. She has such universal disdain for ALL women who work that something had to happen with these particular ones to create such extra animosity.:think:

• Upvote 4

Perhaps a woman doctor called BS on Lori's claim of 20? 25? 30? years (length of time varies from story to story) of "parasites" making her so so so so sick.

Perhaps this woman doctor prescribed a non-woo drug to cure these "parasites."

Because you know that a woman doctor cannot possibly know anything at all. She is certainly not fit to practice medicine.

Women are overly emotional, anxiety-ridden, job stressed and depressed, hormone-ravaged people, who, in the immortal words of Kinky Friedman, need to get their biscuits in the oven and their buns in bed.

Kinky. by the way, was being sarcastic.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 9

There is absolutely zero percent chance this is a true story. People graduate from medical school with $300K + in loans. Even if she wanted to stay home with her family, any person in their right mind would finish the last year and graduate. There are many jobs you can get in consulting/other fields when you have that Dr by your name, even if you don't practice medicine. This is just another convenient fabrication of Lori where she turns herself into the hero by saying women would give up their careers because of what *she* preaches. This is the most far fetched of any of them. She really thinks what she has to say is SO compelling that someone would put their family in financial ruin and destroy their future career prospects just to stay home. Nope. I don't believe it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, bookworm29 said:

There is absolutely zero percent chance this is a true story. People graduate from medical school with $300K + in loans. Even if she wanted to stay home with her family, any person in their right mind would finish the last year and graduate. There are many jobs you can get in consulting/other fields when you have that Dr by your name, even if you don't practice medicine. This is just another convenient fabrication of Lori where she turns herself into the hero by saying women would give up their careers because of what *she* preaches. This is the most far fetched of any of them. She really thinks what she has to say is SO compelling that someone would put their family in financial ruin and destroy their future career prospects just to stay home. Nope. I don't believe it. 

Pretty much this. Except I have known several women who stepped off the MD career track temporarily due to family and caregiving responsibilities. In all cases, their husbands/partners had equally demanding careers and that was the challenge.

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, bookworm29 said:

Thank you. The more I think about it (and it irritates me to no end that I've spent so much time thinking about it!), the more I've come to realise this really is just another of Lori's fics. It just does NOT make sense. I mean, I'm sure it's happened, and for perfectly valid reasons (and yes, I think wanting to be home with your baby IS a very valid reason!), but it's just too hard to believe that Lori has THAT much influence in this particular situation (if she does, someone needs to pull the plug on her tech appliances stat!).

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Pretty much this. Except I have known several women who stepped off the MD career track temporarily due to family and caregiving responsibilities. In all cases, their husbands/partners had equally demanding careers and that was the challenge.

Yes definitely, I should rephrase and say....there are 100% legitimate and valid reasons to quit or pause the MD track. But Lori most certainly is not one of them haha. She certainly flatters herself. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Thank you. The more I think about it (and it irritates me to no end that I've spent so much time thinking about it!), the more I've come to realise this really is just another of Lori's fics. It just does NOT make sense. I mean, I'm sure it's happened, and for perfectly valid reasons (and yes, I think wanting to be home with your baby IS a very valid reason!), but it's just too hard to believe that Lori has THAT much influence in this particular situation (if she does, someone needs to pull the plug on her tech appliances stat!).

Laughing. Because same. We come to these boards for the snark and lightheartedness but dang it if there aren’t real issues and values at stake.

This one is particularly annoying because, as others have pointed out, Lori not only knows nothing about medical education and medicine as a career, but she is also anti-medicine and anti-women in many of her posts. It’s a potent combination for her.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Another reason may be because Lori can’t wrap her dainty little mind around how a teensy, frail, itty-bitty woman could possibly endure years of undergrad, medical school, internship, residency, specialized training, etc. etc. etc. without her fragile brain and ovaries exploding. She obviously resents women who have achieved things beyond the radius of her puny life.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, Loveday said:

You know, I hadn't really noticed that, but now that you point it out, I realise it's true. I wonder just what the catalyst was that made her dislike women doctors more than women in any other career field. She has such universal disdain for ALL women who work that something had to happen with these particular ones to create such extra animosity.:think:

Weeellll…my first thought is that Lori either suspects or knows that her father had an affair with a female doctor. We all know, all the blame would be put on the woman in that instance. 

Just driving the idle speculation bus over here. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Weeellll…my first thought is that Lori either suspects or knows that her father had an affair with a female doctor. We all know, all the blame would be put on the woman in that instance. 

Absolutely agree. Or Ken, because he works with dentists and it is a medical field too (dental surgeries, etc).

I find so strange that women leave college to care for a baby... In my country noone at college marries or has kids. Yes some married parents go to college, but they are older then and they have professional careers already. But typical 18-25 college student is single and don't have kids and won't have kids until degree is finished, career is stablished and finances are ok.  That's why parenthood age is usually +30 here. Anyway, college+marriage (with or without kids) is seen as foolish. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, bookworm29 said:

There is absolutely zero percent chance this is a true story. People graduate from medical school with $300K + in loans. Even if she wanted to stay home with her family, any person in their right mind would finish the last year and graduate.

I don't believe that cockamamie story. But you can get through med school without $300K in debt. It's not a given. Here's how it can be done:

1. Parents often pay their kids' med school tuition. Students can live at home to save even further, finishing with no debt at all.

2. NYU, Columbia, UCLA, Cornell and other med schools don't charge tuition for some or all of its students.  So the only cost is living expenses. . . again, here's where moving in with mom and dad can be a big help. Very little debt.

3. Lots of public state med schools offer cheap tuition for in-state residents. That brings the bill down much lower than $300,000

"

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Loveday said:

I don't think she dislikes women doctors any more than she dislikes women in general. I think that, to her simple mind, doctors represent the ultimate in demanding, prestigious, lucrative careers. Plus, their financial power pisses her off. With. money comes power, and a woman doctor is not likely to feel financially trapped in a marriage. 

Most importantly, Lori just can't think of any other "big" careers. There are plenty of ways  a woman can earn far more than your average doctor. It's never occurred to her that senior software engineers, HR vice presidents, management consultants, CFOs, and hospital administrators can all do really well. That's why she doesn't bitch about them. --  imagination doesn't go that far, and I don't think she gets out a lot.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

*climbs aboard the bus to sit behind the driver* 😆

That thought had never occurred to me, but it would not surprise me in the very least. Or Ken, as @Melissa1977 mentioned. Or BOTH.:think:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Taking my turn at speculation bus driving:

Ken work traveled 6 mos of the year for many, many years. Lori admits she treated him terribly (shrewish beyotch) for 25 years.

Lori has always said her father worked all the time, was hardly ever home, and her parents fought all the time.

Imma just sayin'.......

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Another bus running parallel to the first….

I often wonder why Ken, who is, by LazyLori’s own words, such a “command man” allowed himself to be bullied for 25 years. What was in it for him?  The only thing I can think of is that he needed a nanny for his kids and sex on demand (assuming he was even getting any when Lori was so, so so sick).

But if I had been Ken (gag), I would have had serious misgivings about leaving my kids at home with a soulless mother who didn’t engage with the kids at all except to beat the crap out of them.  I would have wanted them to have a better role model of a mother and a happy, functioning marriage. I think that’s why the nanny was hired….to keep the kids truly safe until Ken returned. But why did Ken stay in the marriage?

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Another bus running parallel to the first….

I often wonder why Ken, who is, by LazyLori’s own words, such a “command man” allowed himself to be bullied for 25 years. What was in it for him?  The only thing I can think of is that he needed a nanny for his kids and sex on demand (assuming he was even getting any when Lori was so, so so sick).

But if I had been Ken (gag), I would have had serious misgivings about leaving my kids at home with a soulless mother who didn’t engage with the kids at all except to beat the crap out of them.  I would have wanted them to have a better role model of a mother and a happy, functioning marriage. I think that’s why the nanny was hired….to keep the kids truly safe until Ken returned. But why did Ken stay in the marriage?

This makes me curious about the timing of events in their lives. It’s quite possible Ken was reasonably content for those 25 years. He could escape Lori whenever he wanted and get his need for sex and intimacy met elsewhere. Did she become a transformed wife not long after Ken stopped traveling? Perhaps after a year or so of living full time with Lori, he threatened divorce.
  I don’t get much sense of what he is like, but nothing gives me the feeling his children—or people in general—were a priority. I have imagined him as quite a lot like Lori—rigid, cold, focused on externals.  It might account for why he married her and why he stayed. 
 All speculation, of course. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I don't think she dislikes women doctors any more than she dislikes women in general. I think that, to her simple mind, doctors represent the ultimate in demanding, prestigious, lucrative careers. Plus, their financial power pisses her off. With. money comes power, and a woman doctor is not likely to feel financially trapped in a marriage. 

Most importantly, Lori just can't think of any other "big" careers. There are plenty of ways  a woman can earn far more than your average doctor. It's never occurred to her that senior software engineers, HR vice presidents, management consultants, CFOs, and hospital administrators can all do really well. That's why she doesn't bitch about them. --  imagination doesn't go that far, and I don't think she gets out a lot.

If you followed Lori even a tenth as much as you follow Harry and Meghan, as well as the rest of the royal family, you'd soon see definite, distinct trends in Lori's hatred of women. Of course she dislikes all women. Thee's no disputing that, she's made it so obvious over the years. But there's something specific and particularly vitriolic about her dislike of female doctors. It's not her lack of imagination; I disagree with you that she doesn't consider other high-powered careers. She's very well off and lives in an area full of women who work in many lucrative fields. She may or may not 'get out a lot,' but she's very aware of the women around her who make a lot of money in their own right. She knows about other career paths, she has just chosen not to mention them. Which, to me, means there has to be a reason for her constant singling out of women doctors (and other women in the medical profession as well) that goes way beyond her generally simple, one-track, black and white mind. Hence my trip aboard the ISB.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

If you followed Lori even a tenth as much as you follow Harry and Meghan, as well as the rest of the royal family, you'd soon see definite, distinct trends in Lori's hatred of women. Of course she dislikes all women. Thee's no disputing that, she's made it so obvious over the years. But there's something specific and particularly vitriolic about her dislike of female doctors. It's not her lack of imagination; I disagree with you that she doesn't consider other high-powered careers. She's very well off and lives in an area full of women who work in many lucrative fields. She may or may not 'get out a lot,' but she's very aware of the women around her who make a lot of money in their own right. She knows about other career paths, she has just chosen not to mention them. Which, to me, means there has to be a reason for her constant singling out of women doctors (and other women in the medical profession as well) that goes way beyond her generally simple, one-track, black and white mind. Hence my trip aboard the ISB.

Yup. She’s okay with the women who buy her drivel.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

She may live next door to high-earning women. But how would she know their salary? 

In contrast, she knows what a pathologist makes because her dad was one. She also comes into contact with a lot of doctors because of her many ailments. (Ken also has a lot of ailments). 

Opinions can differ. However, I truly believe there are lots of high-powered careers that Lori has never even considered.

She's been out of the workforce for decades. How. would she know how much a software engineer at Amazon makes? Or the head of HR at Google? These are jobs she knows nothing about, that's why she never mentions them (imo).

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

4 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I often wonder why Ken, who is, by LazyLori’s own words, such a “command man” allowed himself to be bullied for 25 years.

"Command man" my ass. He ran from here when he realized he couldn't attempt to baffle us with his bullshit. My neutered male cat is more of a "command man" than Kenny-boy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

"Command man" my ass. He ran from here when he realized he couldn't attempt to baffle us with his bullshit. My neutered male cat is more of a "command man" than Kenny-boy.

What an epic moment for FJ was Ken's visit here. That man used more words to say less than anyone I've ever seen.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

34 minutes ago, Loveday said:

What an epic moment for FJ was Ken's visit here. That man used more words to say less than anyone I've ever seen.

Wait. What???

6 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

But why did Ken stay in the marriage?

Cheaper to keep her?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic