IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

22 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Solar panels are coming down in price because 95% of them are manufactured in China and while I'm fully on board with solar power and moving away from fossil fuels, the human rights, safety, and industrial violations over there makes me hesitant. Between the lack of regulation and safety in their mining and the stories coming out of factories, I wish more people would think twice about what they are buying. I'm just as guilty, I have a smartphone and solar panels. And I'm able to see the damage that having a rental property does to the community, but you know, I'd rather push for the US to subsidize solar panel manufacturing here, where we have better working conditions for miners and factory linemen and a whole lot of people who could work in manufacturing but have been pushed into low wage service jobs. 

They're manufactured in China b/c it is cheaper. Its not like they aren't making bucketfulls of money that way. In the US, with the regulations, they'd be more expensive. I am NOT defending this at all. They could be sold for the same price if made in the US but then they'd not make those bucketfulls of money. People bitching about offshoring jobs should realize its all due to corporate greed. The constant corporate tax rate reductions and some other laws (like buying back stock) led to the downfall of US manufacturing. Before then, corporations could deduct labor costs, capital investments, all that stuff, then pay taxes on what's left. So, since its cheaper to manufacture overseas, and the corporate tax rates have changed to benefit just making bucketfulls of money, US manufacturing has gone to shit. 

::::::rant over:::::

• I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

Can you link me to the ones you are using? I want to go down this path and had a hard time finding ones that didn't have to be washed in cold water which is gross. :puke-front:

I can't get the link to post. I got them on Amazon that come in a pack of different sizes. 

• Thank You 1

Oh, that's hilarious. And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't being a mother stressful? Isn't being submissive stressful because you have ceded all control? 

That's a lot more stress than watching a live football game. And hey Lori, the Chargers LOST! Enjoy your game. 😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

45 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Oh, that's hilarious. And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't being a mother stressful? Isn't being submissive stressful because you have ceded all control? 

That's a lot more stress than watching a live football game. And hey Lori, the Chargers LOST! Enjoy your game. 😂

Fulfilling God’s perfect will never cause one to feel stress. 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, Maggie Mae said:

And I'm able to see the damage that having a rental property does to the community,

It allows low-income people to rent?

Without a rental, my kid couldn't work her job, which benefits the community enormously. She has nowhere near enough to buy a house. 

Not everyone can afford to buy. Check your privilege.

Remember, also, that people in China deserves jobs as well. It's possible to buy high quality items in China, I've been there and bought many. Sadly, the US imports mostly cheap stuff, because that's what people want.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh, that's hilarious. And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't being a mother stressful? 

Well, to he fair, Lori never really did any mothering; so, she gave herself an out on that one too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Well, to he fair, Lori never really did any mothering; so, she gave herself an out on that one too. 

Touché! 😂

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Why is Lying Lori Who Lies pushing the fact that she's always available to help out with her grandchildren and babysit them?

Could it possibly be that her daughters/ DiLs work and Lori is their childcare?

Oh no, never!!! That couldn't possibly in a million years be the answer.

Godly wives don't work ever. Godly wives are chained to their homes and never leave. There are only Godly wives in Lori's family.

What could the answer be?  Hmmmm .....  I must ponder this conundrum.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Why is Lying Lori Who Lies pushing the fact that she's always available to help out with her grandchildren and babysit them?

Oh no, never!!! That couldn't possibly in a million years be the answer.

Godly wives don't work ever. Godly wives are chained to their homes and never leave. There are only Godly wives in Lori's family.

What could the answer be?  Hmmmm .....  I must ponder this conundrum.

Except for the two, two and a half months she's not always available because she's in Door County.🙄 I found it interesting that she and some of her most fervent readers--who should know about her hyper-extended vacations by now!--adamantly disapprove of grandmothers taking vacations or indulging in a little travel in their retirement years. No, they have to be on call 24/7 for their grandchildren. If they're not, they're in sin. SIN!!! 🙄

• Upvote 9

We try to view LazyLori’s proclamations through the lens of logic, and therein lies the issue. LazyLori is logicless. Exhibit A:

FDE4D52D-8998-49C5-8891-5B3AF680F86A.png

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 5

I’m watching the Chargers take on my Dolphins LIVE this coming Sunday night. Which anxiety medication would you all recommend in case the stress gets to me?

Tbh, I am a little nervous about the game, but I’ll try to handle the stress! 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I’m watching the Chargers take on my Dolphins LIVE this coming Sunday night. Which anxiety medication would you all recommend in case the stress gets to me?

The Chargers are really banged up. Tua and the gang should be able to handle them. 

My nephew is a lifelong Dolphins fan despite never having been to Florida. I know more about the Fins than I do my own team! 😂

• Haha 3

I don't think the Chargers are doing that good this season, so maybe Lori should just forget about watching replays of games until next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:14 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Any of them have regular jobs, but Alyssa works (part time? Maybe just a few hours weekly?) and also goes to adults-only events and definitely uses Lori as babysitter.

Erin works from home but also uses Lori as babysitter. 

Cassi has had 5? 6? kids in a few years. She probably needs some babysitting too. 

Lori is awful and shouldn't be on charge of little kids. But on the other side, grandparents help is a blessing. So I can't critisize Lori for helping, while I suspect she may have a maid or some kind of help at home. I doubt she, who was unable to look after her own kids, is now doing the job.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 12/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, kpmom said:

Whenever we watch sports, I pre-game by taking a Xanax and always keep the smelling salts nearby in case I go down in a feminine womanly fit. I also make sure I take lots of breaks from all the testosterone! scary! by spending lots of time making game food in the kitchen and serving them to all the menly men watching. It's the way it should be. It's god's design. 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Whenever we watch sports, I pre-game by taking a Xanax and always keep the smelling salts nearby in case I go down in a feminine womanly fit. I also make sure I take lots of breaks from all the testosterone! scary! by spending lots of time making game food in the kitchen and serving them to all the menly men watching. It's the way it should be. It's god's design. 🤣

Thank you for the tips. 

Now, do keep a fainting couch nearby as well?  
Pearls for clutching, yes or no?

• Haha 7

I have just realized that all the stress of working a full time job, a part time job, raising a kid, and taking care of a house (while cooking from scratch and sewing clothing, curtains, etc.) killed me off long ago and that I’m posting this from the great beyond.

I will never get over how Lori takes her own personal quirks and limitations and is absolutely convinced that they represent 100% of womanhood.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Yuk, as awful as the Dolphins looked last night against the Chargers I really should have taken a page out of Lori’s book and not watched. 
And now that I know the Chargers are the team she and Ken follow, that makes the loss even worse. 😭

On 12/2/2022 at 12:51 PM, feministxtian said:

They're manufactured in China b/c it is cheaper. Its not like they aren't making bucketfulls of money that way. In the US, with the regulations, they'd be more expensive. I am NOT defending this at all. They could be sold for the same price if made in the US but then they'd not make those bucketfulls of money. People bitching about offshoring jobs should realize its all due to corporate greed. The constant corporate tax rate reductions and some other laws (like buying back stock) led to the downfall of US manufacturing. Before then, corporations could deduct labor costs, capital investments, all that stuff, then pay taxes on what's left. So, since its cheaper to manufacture overseas, and the corporate tax rates have changed to benefit just making bucketfulls of money, US manufacturing has gone to shit. 

::::::rant over:::::

There's a 30% import tariff on Chinese solar panels. They aren't necessarily cheaper.

China makes outstanding, top quality solar panels. Check out Canadian Solar (a Chinese company). They are a great value and very high quality. Since 2/3 of all solar panels available are from China (either parts or the entire panel), you are likely to buy a Chinese solar panel no matter what.

• Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1

Well, apparently someone has decided to follow Lori's advice and quit college to stay home with her children. Which is fine, but...well, read on:

She had only one year left of medical school. She had been reading what I write and told me she no longer desires to be a doctor. She wants to be home with her baby. She's home now and has no more panic attacks. Her family mocks her, but she and her husband are happy and thankful. 

I do understand wanting to be home with your baby. I was able to be home with both of mine, and have been a stay at home wife and mom since my first was born over 33 years ago. I know I'm privileged, and I'm so grateful. But I have to wonder, now that she's at home, how bad her panic attacks are going to get when the med school bills start coming in and because she didn't finish, she can't hang out her shingle as a physician in order to pay those bills. One year left, which means she's got a mountain of debt to pay off. Of course, if her husband is pulling in the big bucks, she doesn't need to worry. But holy crap, ONE YEAR LEFT. Of MEDICAL SCHOOL. My mind is boggling. 

Lori infuriates me. 😡

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Well, apparently someone has decided to follow Lori's advice and quit college to stay home with her children. Which is fine, but...well, read on:

I do understand wanting to be home with your baby. I was able to be home with both of mine, and have been a stay at home wife and mom since my first was born over 33 years ago. I know I'm privileged, and I'm so grateful. But I have to wonder, now that she's at home, how bad her panic attacks are going to get when the med school bills start coming in and because she didn't finish, she can't hang out her shingle as a physician in order to pay those bills. One year left, which means she's got a mountain of debt to pay off. Of course, if her husband is pulling in the big bucks, she doesn't need to worry. But holy crap, ONE YEAR LEFT. Of MEDICAL SCHOOL. My mind is boggling. 

Lori infuriates me. 😡

Well I assume she makes these stories up.

But also, on the off off off chance that the story is true, medicine and medical school is really stressed right now and a new mom taking a break is hardly the end of the world. I 100% agree about the loan issue but IME families that “mock” tend to be the ones with money and resources. This is a smart woman who can find her way back.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Well I assume she makes these stories up.

But also, on the off off off chance that the story is true, medicine and medical school is really stressed right now and a new mom taking a break is hardly the end of the world. I 100% agree about the loan issue but IME families that “mock” tend to be the ones with money and resources. This is a smart woman who can find her way back.

I hope you're right and this is yet more of Lori's fiction. And if it IS true, hopefully the woman is only taking a break and will eventually finish. It's just the idea of all that time, money (assuming this woman took out massive loans because she didn't get massive scholarships), and energy with no degree at the end of it that makes me want to smack Lori for how gleefully she tells the story and how she takes all the 'credit' for the woman's change of plan. 😕 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

I hope you're right and this is yet more of Lori's fiction. And if it IS true, hopefully the woman is only taking a break and will eventually finish. It's just the idea of all that time, money (assuming this woman took out massive loans because she didn't get massive scholarships), and energy with no degree at the end of it that makes me want to smack Lori for how gleefully she tells the story and how she takes all the 'credit' for the woman's change of plan. 😕 

Oh I hear you. Lori’s advice works for wealthy women whose husbands never die, divorce, or become disabled. She is a horrible person for the spiritual guilt she lays on women.

Also, I took a long career break and I don’t recommend the same to younger women I mentor. Licensed professions are not kind to people who step off the conveyor belt at any stage. 

But women need agency and that includes the freedom to make choices that are maybe not the most financially wise.

Part of my meh over this one is specific to pandemic era medicine. It’s a rough field at the moment. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic