IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t know how this woman keeps popping up on my IG feed as I no longer follow, but today she is doing a Wednesday Q/A and is now claiming that she used to babysit all the time when she was 10-11 years old. I thought in the past she has always stated that she had zero interest in children and no experience prior to getting married? Which is it Abbie? Remember Jesus does not like lying. 

SHE JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY!

She's like Jill in that her memory seems to suit whatever the current narrative is. Also, why is she doing a live Q/A if she's on vacation? Didn't she once do an entire hair tutorial in the hotel bathroom during an anniversary trip? I guess it shouldn't be surprising. Shaun's face looks like he could put someone to sleep by just staring at them. Maybe it's the way Abbie portrays him but he comes across as an extremely dull person. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She's like Jill in that her memory seems to suit whatever the current narrative is. Also, why is she doing a live Q/A if she's on vacation? Didn't she once do an entire hair tutorial in the hotel bathroom during an anniversary trip? I guess it shouldn't be surprising. Shaun's face looks like he could put someone to sleep by just staring at them. Maybe it's the way Abbie portrays him but he comes across as an extremely dull person. 

I think she’s tagging along on a work trip, so Shaun is likely busy. However, Chicago is a fun and interesting town with so much to see and do. I hope she’s getting out and seeing the sights. AH always wants to portray herself as extraordinary when in reality she presents as just average and rather complacent.

Even if she’s been to Chicago and seen it all in the past, there’s always the spa or a good bookstore to visit. I cant imagine a mother of ten not going for a great lunch with a good book or getting a massage/mani/pedi.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5

God I would happily wonder around Chicago all by myself. That sounds like a fucking dream. She’s so over privileged while refusing to acknowledge it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think she’s tagging along on a work trip, so Shaun is likely busy. However, Chicago is a fun and interesting town with so much to see and do. I hope she’s getting out and seeing the sights. AH always wants to portray herself as extraordinary when in reality she presents as just average and rather complacent.

From Abbie’s TopGolf pictures/videos, they’re probably actually staying out in the suburbs, not downtown. So it’s not a location convenient to sightseeing, etc. As a hometown shill, Chicago is a beautiful place to visit in the summer.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

From Abbie’s TopGolf pictures/videos, they’re probably actually staying out in the suburbs, not downtown. So it’s not a location convenient to sightseeing, etc. As a hometown shill, Chicago is a beautiful place to visit in the summer.

I used to travel from the burbs to Chicago on the train when my husband lived in corporate housing outside the city and I came in from CA for a visit.  I’m sure AH could figure it out, if she wanted to.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I used to travel from the burbs to Chicago on the train when my husband lived in corporate housing outside the city and I came in from CA for a visit.  I’m sure AH could figure it out, if she wanted to.

Not knowing Abbie’s itinerary, she still may have plans to go into the city with Shaun or by herself. I was just pointing out that she probably wasn’t holed up in a Michigan Avenue hotel with all sorts of things to do and see within a 15 minute walk.

• Upvote 3

Today Abbie posted from Chicago Botanic Garden which is not in Chicago. It’s about 20 or 25 miles from downtown. It’s a nice place to visit though.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I used to take the train from the suburbs into the city in college. Loves visiting the Art Museum downtown!

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

is now claiming that she used to babysit all the time when she was 10-11 years old. I thought in the past she has always stated that she had zero interest in children and no experience prior to getting married? Which is it Abbie? 

I would hazard a guess that she (still) had no interest in babies back then, just wanted that sweet, sweet babysitting dough. Even if you're just getting $5/hour, that would seem like a lot to a 10 year old.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 5/30/2022 at 7:53 AM, danvillebelle said:

Personally, I think there is at least a 25% chance that when the baby train finally stops and the youngest ones hit 10 and older, Shaun might hightail it away from Braggie for good.  Would you want to spend the last third of your life with that shrew after having weathered the storm for 20+ years, if you didn't have to?

Would you have 10 kids with that same person if you didn't have to? Shaun doesn't have to, he is choosing to board the baby train the same as Abbie is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

Abbie’s Instagram stories are leading me to believe that she never stepped foot in Chicago (except for the airport which is technically in Chicago.) They stayed in Schaumburg and went to TopGolf there. She went to the Chicago Botanic Garden in the north suburbs and her anniversary dinner was at a foodie restaurant in the northwest suburbs. She went to three different Anthropologie stores (my guesses: Schaumburg, Highland Park and Deer Park.) 

One day in Chicago? Architecture boat tour on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. Art Institute. Millenium Park to see the Bean. Dinner and theater. Maybe next time, Abbie!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Abbie’s Instagram stories are leading me to believe that she never stepped foot in Chicago (except for the airport which is technically in Chicago.) They stayed in Schaumburg and went to TopGolf there. She went to the Chicago Botanic Garden in the north suburbs and her anniversary dinner was at a foodie restaurant in the northwest suburbs. She went to three different Anthropologie stores (my guesses: Schaumburg, Highland Park and Deer Park.) 

One day in Chicago? Architecture boat tour on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. Art Institute. Millenium Park to see the Bean. Dinner and theater. Maybe next time, Abbie!

What a waste! I couldn’t go to Chicago without at least going to the art institute or the field museum. I saw the bean a long time ago when it was new and once was enough. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What a waste! I couldn’t go to Chicago without at least going to the art institute or the field museum. I saw the bean a long time ago when it was new and once was enough. 

I think the Bean is like Time Square. You see it, take a picture, move on.

• Upvote 2

Hope they aren’t coming home with an anniversary gift in the form of an 11th child.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, katilac said:

Would you have 10 kids with that same person if you didn't have to? Shaun doesn't have to, he is choosing to board the baby train the same as Abbie is. 

Yeah, exactly. Shaun is responsible for his decisions: to stay with Abbie, to continue their family, etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Abbie's brain is a cultural wasteland, void of anything substantive. She has alone time in a world class city and this dizzy bitch goes to 3 different Anthropologies. I say this as a person who loves shopping on vacation but damn. I have standards. If I get one or two days in a great city, I'm spending it seeing and doing things I don't normally get access to. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

You’re right, she clearly hasn’t set foot here. None of the places she’s visiting are in the city.
But a lot of people confuse “Chicagoland” with “Chicago.”
Just as well. My city is full of liberals and non-whites and in some neighborhoods, people don’t speak English. The billboards on the major street near my house are in Arabic, Korean, and Spanish - you have to go further east for English.
It would blow her tiny mind.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, bea said:

You’re right, she clearly hasn’t set foot here. None of the places she’s visiting are in the city.
But a lot of people confuse “Chicagoland” with “Chicago.”
Just as well. My city is full of liberals and non-whites and in some neighborhoods, people don’t speak English. The billboards on the major street near my house are in Arabic, Korean, and Spanish - you have to go further east for English.
It would blow her tiny mind.

Most large cities are sort of like this. My city is like Chicago in a way. The suburbs do have some wonderful places and activities. However I would never allow a visitor from out of town to only stick to the suburbs. They would miss out on so much good stuff in the city! Doing a mix would be a good trip in my opinion. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

13 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's brain is a cultural wasteland, void of anything substantive. She has alone time in a world class city and this dizzy bitch goes to 3 different Anthropologies. I say this as a person who loves shopping on vacation but damn. I have standards. If I get one or two days in a great city, I'm spending it seeing and doing things I don't normally get access to. 

It’s funny isn’t it, how she presents as worldly with planning her family European vacation, living abroad as a younster and letting everyone know about it, yet the stuff she finds entertaining is so rural, Eastern TX. She wants everyone to thinks she’s smart and cutting edge when she presents as so average, lazy and lacking in curiosity or effort. And that is ok, that’s how most people are, but AH just thinks she is FAR BETTER than most people. She presents as arrogant.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Most large cities are sort of like this. My city is like Chicago in a way. The suburbs do have some wonderful places and activities. However I would never allow a visitor from out of town to only stick to the suburbs. They would miss out on so much good stuff in the city! Doing a mix would be a good trip in my opinion. 

I tend to tell people to stick to the city - once you’re a few miles out, it’s all generic strip malls. There’s a few exceptions (Botanic Gardens, some suburban museums), but honestly the city is set up so that a lot of stuff is SO easily accessible. You can visit the Bean (for all of 5 minutes, it’s not that exciting), wander Millennium Park, go to the Art Institute and maybe some of the little museums (military history, museum of illusions, etc), see an outdoor concert, have ice cream from a food truck, visit Buckingham fountain, watch boats on the lake, eat pizza, and never go outside 6 block radius.
The fact that people come to “Chicago” and never set FOOT in the city blows my mind. She’s not even particularly close, she’s in Schaumburg, that’s a good 40 minutes out. If you go 40 miles in a different direction, you’re in Indiana. The only reason we go to Schaumburg is to go to IKEA. I think the closest she’s gotten is the botanic gardens, and that’s probably 20 to 30 minutes out. It does not escape my notice that the places she is choosing to visit are overwhelmingly white. Like, *completely* overwhelmingly white, to the point where people from Chicago make fun of those suburbs.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

On 6/3/2022 at 8:30 PM, SuperNova said:

this dizzy bitch

I am co-opting this for my own vocabulary 😂 what a magnificent burn

• Haha 3

When I had to take business trips to Chicago, I always tacked a couple of vacation days onto them and made lists of  tons of must-see places, and saw almost all of them.  Now, several years later, I see location shots in movies and TV shows and get a kick out of being able to say, “I was there!” My one regret: Wanting a pic of myself on Bob Newhart’s couch at Navy Pier, but nobody was around to take one for me.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 8

I have been to Chicago five times, in the 80's and 90's.  Every trip was filled with museums, the aquarium, the planetarium, the Baha'i Temple, bookstores, live music, great food and walks along the lake (even a wonderful boat trip on the lake on a friend's sailboat with fantastic views of the city).  Hell, I could go for a week and spend all day every day in the Art Institute and be perfectly happy. 

Braggie thinks shopping at Anthropologie makes her cosmopolitan and worldly. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Abbie's back from Chicago and answering the same questions she always answers in exactly the same way. The post was accompanied by yet another dancing video. How many times is she going to use this for views? Probably as many times as she can. She says Simon loves it but his bored face tells another story. 

Abbie remains unaware that secular families are just as close as Christian ones. She offers up a very peculiar notion that secular parents push their children away because we don't want to be wanted and then we get upset when the child doesn't want to spend time with us. This is not a secular idea. It's Abbie telling on herself because the very next line is her talking about 'EXTREMELY needy toddlers' that are a 'struggle' for her. She projects her own selfishness, her own demons, onto secular parents. She assumes that we feel the same as her and the difference is that we give in to these feelings and push our children away because there's no God standing behind us telling us that we are wrong. 

Spoiler

751158367_Screenshot_20220608-1024382.thumb.png.f7a35c8127fc3da1a3cc9fe284daabb1.png2037570008_Screenshot_20220608-1024463.png.bf4122e736b0b9c28a2f1dfac3cc164f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Thank You 1

Braggie came to my city (San Fransisco) once. She complained that the ghirardelli ice cream she got at fisherman's wharf was expensive. I mean duh Braggie, that's how tourist traps work. My brother refuses to take anyone who visits us there because it's "the least San Fransisco part of San Fransisco." Though I suppose it's not like she would have headed over to the Castro.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic