IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

Per IG, she is PREGNANT…I knew it. And of course, she’s already unhappy with the timing. May it be a male.

• Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 11
  • Thank You 2

Ugggghhhhhhh. When is she due? I said from the start she wouldn’t have number 11 before the twins’ 2nd birthday. I hope I’m right. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugggghhhhhhh. When is she due? I said from the start she wouldn’t have number 11 before the twins’ 2nd birthday. I hope I’m right. 

No she started bleeding, so phew not pregnant- I need to read the entire wall of text before I react. Positive test but bleeding some time later.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

No she started bleeding, so phew not pregnant- I need to read the entire wall of text before I react. Positive test but bleeding some time later.

Ok I just read too. She assumes a chemical pregnancy. I agree it sounds like my chemical pregnancy. 

Now that she’s had this chemical pregnancy, I wouldn’t be surprised if it lit a fire in her to get pregnant again. I bet she will get pregnant in the next 3 months. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6

Even though I've watched enough fundies to know it is totally normal for them to post details of a very early miscarriage online and retain no boundaries of privacy, it still surprises me. I wonder if there's a twinge of wanting privacy or is the narcissism of having to teach everyone triumphant every time? 

Also: "Over the next four days, I felt as if someone were bonking me over the head with an emotional mallet: weeping, senseless rage, numb brain fog, more weeping. Repeat." This cannot be good for the other people in the house. I love babies and a big family and struggled with "just one more" for a long time but had to acknowledge that tending my children well meant I couldn't put *them* through another two years of the "hard" of pregnancy and postpartum. I hope Sean or somebody tells her that, while she might not think hard is bad for her, her hard can be super bad for the others in her care.

• Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I guess a knob didn’t go with her aesthetic. What an idiot.

And to have such a lack of self-awareness, you publish your stupidity and poor problem-solving for everybody to see. Because you never dreamed nobody else is this stupid?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Well the twins are 2 in October. At least we know they will be over 2 years old before a new baby replaces them and they become hated toddlers. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well the twins are 2 in October. At least we know they will be over 2 years old before a new baby replaces them and they become hated toddlers. 

Maybe they will get Abbie off Shiloh's back.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Maybe they will get Abbie off Shiloh's back.

I predict she will complain about all three getting into trouble together. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

"Over the next four days, I felt as if someone were bonking me over the head with an emotional mallet: weeping, senseless rage, numb brain fog, more weeping. Repeat." 

Being the BEC I am --  I'd say this pretty much describes Braggie all the time, especially the bolded part (bolding mine).

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

If you’re perturbed enough about a + pregnancy test that your husband questions your anger, you need some reflection on why that is, and perhaps make some different choices where family planning is concerned. Really, I think a lot of Abbie’s self induced problems are caused by her own laziness and disorganization. She proclaims to be such a Godly woman, wife, mama and homemaker, but her natural inclinations are not to those areas, and she is miserable (who wouldn’t be?) and unfortunately, she can not contain her disdain. I also think Abbie knows all of this, but takes out her misery on those around her-

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If you’re perturbed enough about a + pregnancy test that your husband questions your anger, you need some reflection on why that is, and perhaps make some different choices where family planning is concerned. Really, I think a lot of Abbie’s self induced problems are caused by her own laziness and disorganization. She proclaims to be such a Godly woman, wife, mama and homemaker, but her natural inclinations are not to those areas, and she is miserable (who wouldn’t be?) and unfortunately, she can not contain her disdain. I also think Abbie knows all of this, but takes out her misery on those around her-

This is what struck me as well. Abbie tries to chalk it up to just hormones but I'm thinking no because she says:

"...Over the next four days, I felt as if someone were bonking me over the head with an emotional mallet: weeping, senseless rage, numb brain fog, more weeping. Repeat...

And then, I started bleeding, and within 30 minutes, I could think again. It wasn’t because I was relieved not to be pregnant (I’d already gotten used to the idea, so there was sadness too). It was as if my hormones had released their stranglehold on my brain and my emotions all at once—similar to how many women who have acute PMS describe their reaction to when they start their periods..."

To the bolded part, this is more than "just" hormones. You don't start bleeding and the mood symptoms magically lift. That's Abbie's untreated anxiety, what she calls her sin nature. I'm am also struck by her strong language like 'emotional mallet', 'senseless rage', and 'stranglehold'. I wonder if she uses these phrases because that's genuinely how she feels or is this more about amplifying her issues to make her triumph over them more amazing and godly. I agree we the her that lots of women have strong PMS symptoms that are very much what she's describing. My doubt comes from Abbie's symptoms turning off like a faucet. Her words make it crystal clear that she didn't want another baby but she still tries to clarify that wasn't the source of her intense emotions.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Being the BEC I am --  I'd say this pretty much describes Braggie all the time, especially the bolded part (bolding mine).

Shaun is out of town all the time. Could he not have snuck in a vasectomy somehow? 

• Upvote 6

Shaun is out of town all the time. Could he not have snuck in a vasectomy somehow? 

One can but hope.  Maybe the pregnancy #11 scare has woken him up to the fact that hardisnotthesameasgood.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Or PULL OUT!  Gah!!  Are they against that too??

• Move Along 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if Abbie has seen a doctor recently and how that went. 

A fundie-lite woman I know is Abbie's age and pregnant. She and her husband had agreed to stop, so this is unplanned. They already have a large family and like Abbie can afford more kids financially. I think rather than blaming people like Abbie we should blame religions that demonize reproductive rights, like birth control. Everyone should be able to find a method of birth control that works for them. Unfortunately we live in a society where people act like just keeping popping out babies is going to work for everyone and if doesn't, well that's on them. 

• Upvote 2

Can anyone share their birthdays? I'd love to keep track on my spreadsheet. 

36 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Can anyone share their birthdays? I'd love to keep track on my spreadsheet. 

The only ones I have dates for are the twins. 

Ezra

Simon

Adelaide (Della)

Magnolia (Nola) September 24, 2012

Evangeline (Evie) September 24, 2012

Theodore (Theo)

Honor

Shiloh

Titus James September 24, 2020

Tobias (Toby) Asher September 24, 2020

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Bethella said:

The only ones I have dates for are the twins. 

Ezra

Simon

Adelaide (Della)

Magnolia (Nola) September 24, 2012

Evangeline (Evie) September 24, 2012

Theodore (Theo)

Honor

Shiloh

Titus James September 24, 2020

Tobias (Toby) Asher September 24, 2020

Thanks. I was thinking the twins had birthdays in the beginning of October but that’s actually Braggie. I think hers is 10-4-82.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Thanks @JermajestyDuggar! I think I'll have to go through IG and see if she posts about birthdates. 

I know she’s turning 40 this year because I am too! 

• Upvote 2

In their latest photos, Della, with her short hair, looks exactly like Abbie’s mother!

The funny thing for me is that I actually agree that hard isn’t the same as bad, but…..who ever thought it was? Most things worth doing are at least a little difficult. It’s great when your life is all sunshine and roses, but few peoples are, and we learn to make the best of it and keep going anyway. We grit our teeth through the pain and later congratulate ourselves because hey, we did it.

Abbie seems to think that she came up with this entire concept. She has such a tiny, tiny world. There was even a study I saw recently about the whole concept of doing something that you hate while doing it but get such endorphins from that it’s worth it, like triathlons or mountain climbing or in my case, going to the grocery store.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1

Yesterday the kids went down to the pond to pick dew berries for dessert. They took the youngest 2 in strollers. This family is a tragic accident waiting to happen. Why does it seem that the most prolific reproducers are the folks who are least likely to follow basic safety measures? It’s almost like since they have so many they actually treasure and protect no one.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic