IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

That's a long-ass time to have ANYONE in your home - I'm on the edge of sanity after my parents are here for 36 hours, lol.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

That's a long-ass time to have ANYONE in your home - I'm on the edge of sanity after my parents are here for 36 hours, lol.

Omg who hosts 12 people for 6 days?!?! 3 of them being toddlers! I would go completely insane! I can’t believe anyone would do that to someone they’ve never met! Only Braggie 🙄

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t believe anyone would do that to someone they’ve never met! Only Braggie 🙄

Seriously.  I can't be the only person who was raised with the belief that doing something like that would be SO rude.  With the way Braggie has described Shiloh screeching constantly and the twins being into everything, I'm sure that poor lady was regretting her invitation around day 2.

• Upvote 14

Having a potluck picnic, yes, but staying with an Internet friend with your family of 12, for SIX DAYS…who in their right mind does this? And we know she’s nuts, but what about him? Unbelievably rude. Think the HS paid for all the food?

• Upvote 10

Braggie said in the comment stream on her Roe V Wade happy post (barf) that she and Shaun would have done foster care or foster respite care by now, but Texas has strict laws about how many bio children can be in the home.

Words I never thought I'd say: thank the flying spaghetti monster for a Texas law.  

Bitch, you don't even like the kids you BIRTHED.  I cannot imagine how you would treat (and exploit for your own narcissistic needs) one in the system.  Ugh.

• Upvote 23
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie said in the comment stream on her Roe V Wade happy post (barf) that she and Shaun would have done foster care or foster respite care by now, but Texas has strict laws about how many bio children can be in the home.

Words I never thought I'd say: thank the flying spaghetti monster for a Texas law.  

Bitch, you don't even like the kids you BIRTHED.  I cannot imagine how you would treat (and exploit for your own narcissistic needs) one in the system.  Ugh.

She is absolutely the type that would hate a non bio child even more than her own kids and take it out on them. And then kick them out to another foster home when she got tired of the kid. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

This is a horrible side effect of QF that doesn’t get talked about enough. The “what’s one more?” approach to bio kids makes fundie parents look at adoption/fostering the same way to disastrous ends (eg the Above Rubies adoption horrors). I mean, all children have unique needs and are worthy of attentive parents, but who in their right mind can think fundie parents have any idea how to deal with the attachment needs of foster kids? 

I wonder if any states have religious disqualifiers as well. Like,  do agencies try and determine when cult participation is a sign of mental unhealth? I know Amish/Mennonite families get placements, which has always seemed odd to me simply because it seems like a huge cultural gap for any kid, especially if they have to shift between Amish family and nonAmish for family visits. But what about QF? Can social workers kind of flag things on perspective families? I think most fundie or o fluencies families would be automatically ruled out?

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1

She's looking for an Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables) to act as a babysitter. Seriously!

• Upvote 6

she and Shaun would have done foster care or foster respite care by now

Did Shaun actually agree to this or is ... ahem... Braggie fibbing speaking hypothetically? Survey of moi says.... Yes.

Shaun is a largely absent parent to his bio children. I can't imagine he'd be any more present for foster care children.

• Upvote 6

So many people pretend like they would love to be a foster parent but darn! The big bad government won’t let me! When they would never do it.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So many people pretend like they would love to be a foster parent but darn! The big bad government won’t let me! When they would never do it.

My SIL and her husband briefly took in infants for awhile back in the early 2000's.  It didn't last long; she said it was the hardest thing she's ever done and knew she couldn't handle it any longer (which I applaud).

The only reason Braggie would want to do it would be for the humble brags and you're so wonderfuls she'd get from her leghumpers.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

My SIL and her husband briefly took in infants for awhile back in the early 2000's.  It didn't last long; she said it was the hardest thing she's ever done and knew she couldn't handle it any longer (which I applaud).

I already know I can’t foster. Our friend/neighbors did foster to adopt. I watched the process first hand because our kids are BFFs. Theirs went pretty smooth but it was still hard. I’ve already told her I would never be able to foster. I know that about myself. The only thing I could ever do is respite for a week here and there. And of course I always donate money each Christmas for gifts for the foster teen children. They are always forgotten because people want to buy toys for kids. It’s less fun to send money for gift cards for teens in foster care. But that’s what teens want and need. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

Anne Shirley was horribly exploited by the family she worked for, the Hammonds. I’m rewatching ‘Anne with an E’ right now so this is coloring my perceptions but Anne was an orphan taken in by various families to do childcare / general skivvy work, fed and clothed badly, and basically had to dissociate into her imagination to cope. She loved children but she never parented alone - with the twins she co-parented with Marilla and with her own children she had a full time maid/nanny, Susan. She was also a huge proponent of education, being a teacher, high school principal and parent who sent her kids to full time school.

So as usual Braggie has no idea what she’s talking about, although she does appear right on the foster kid thing https://casetext.com/regulation/texas-administrative-code/title-26-health-and-human-services/part-1-health-and-human-services-commission/chapter-749-minimum-standards-for-child-placing-agencies/subchapter-m-foster-homes-screenings-and-verifications/division-5-capacity-and-childcaregiver-ratio/section-7492551-what-is-the-maximum-number-of-children-a-foster-family-home-may-care-for

Thank goodness for Texas having one law right….

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Anne Shirley was horribly exploited by the family she worked for, the Hammonds. I’m rewatching ‘Anne with an E’ right now so this is coloring my perceptions but Anne was an orphan taken in by various families to do childcare / general skivvy work, fed and clothed badly, and basically had to dissociate into her imagination to cope. She loved children but she never parented alone - with the twins she co-parented with Marilla and with her own children she had a full time maid/nanny, Susan. She was also a huge proponent of education, being a teacher, high school principal and parent who sent her kids to full time school.

So as usual Braggie has no idea what she’s talking about, although she does appear right on the foster kid thing https://casetext.com/regulation/texas-administrative-code/title-26-health-and-human-services/part-1-health-and-human-services-commission/chapter-749-minimum-standards-for-child-placing-agencies/subchapter-m-foster-homes-screenings-and-verifications/division-5-capacity-and-childcaregiver-ratio/section-7492551-what-is-the-maximum-number-of-children-a-foster-family-home-may-care-for

Thank goodness for Texas having one law right….

Lisa Metzger adopted a tween girl from Kazakhstan and she was made to sister mom from the start. Of course Lisa drilled it into her brain that she was so lucky to be adopted into a privileged family in America so she doesn’t seem to hold onto any resentment. But now she’s a baby factory like her adoptive mother protesting abortion clinics every weekend with her babies on her hip. It’s sad. 

• Sad 15

On 6/25/2022 at 4:34 PM, SuperNova said:

What is it with Abbie telling stories about making people uncomfortable with her over enthusiasm? I'd like to hear Kristen's side of things. How glad was she to see the back end of Abbie and her crew after SIX days? That's a long ass time to have people you've never met in person stay in your home. 

Hide contents

1235178351_Screenshot_20220625-1014312.png.d6ff4f0abb7941a5b679fe8f4903d860.png1079461700_Screenshot_20220625-1014372.png.ffe71eed502e9ea76253a14b0aff9375.png

Wow for once she told the truth about something! Reaching out to the other fundie mommy blogger was the first and only time she'd ever reached out to compliment another person. Not surprising at all, but I don't think she meant for it to come across like that.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, katilac said:

"we finally got to meet and squeeze each other's necks in person" 

Is this an actual phrase? 

I hate when anyone touches my neck. Or face. I would freak out if a stranger did. I’m guessing she means hug? But it sounds like they strangled each other. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

Ooh Anne of Green Gables. I’ve not watched Anne with an E, and having read a basic summary of what happens in it I’m not particularly interested, since it doesn’t sound like it sticks to the books very much. I’d love to do a Sims 4 version of it, but I’d find it difficult to do.

But yes, Anne had a pretty shitty life before she arrived at Green Gables. And even after that there are various tragedies in her life. First Matthew dies, then her first born child dies a few hours after it’s born, then her second oldest son is killed during World War I. The second two happen when she’s an adult, but it’s still a hell of a lot for someone to go through. 

Anne had six children in the end, but she definitely loved them. She had a maid/nanny like @anachronistic said, but I think it was more “normal” in those days for families to have one. And Anne was still very much involved in her childrens’ upbringing and rarely punished them. So a far better mother than Braggie… but that’s not hard.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ooh Anne of Green Gables. I’ve not watched Anne with an E, and having read a basic summary of what happens in it I’m not particularly interested, since it doesn’t sound like it sticks to the books very much. I’d love to do a Sims 4 version of it, but I’d find it difficult to do.

But yes, Anne had a pretty shitty life before she arrived at Green Gables. And even after that there are various tragedies in her life. First Matthew dies, then her first born child dies a few hours after it’s born, then her second oldest son is killed during World War I. The second two happen when she’s an adult, but it’s still a hell of a lot for someone to go through. 

Anne had six children in the end, but she definitely loved them. She had a maid/nanny like @anachronistic said, but I think it was more “normal” in those days for families to have one. And Anne was still very much involved in her childrens’ upbringing and rarely punished them. So a far better mother than Braggie… but that’s not hard.

I hate to say it but loss was so common back then. More than one of my great grandparents lost a child. 2 sets of great grandparents lost a child around the age of 9/10. Due to medical issues that would have been cured today. It was very hard but unfortunately it was way too common. They were not alone in their struggle. They likely had friends or family members who went through very similar losses. I’m glad losing a child is much less common these days. That’s why I’m so pro-medicine unlike so many fundies. I just don’t want to go back to the olden days. 

• Upvote 6

Yes, LM Montgomery herself lost her second child; the words Anne says after she lost her baby were the words LM Montgomery used in her diary after she lost her own baby. I was rereading that chapter recently and there was no reason given, although it was mentioned that the nurse and Gilbert both knew that the baby wouldn’t live. It must be so awful not knowing why your baby died, but at least in the late 1890s they didn’t have the technology to find out. Modern medicine is amazing in that regard, so fundie idiots who eschew it (especially people like the Washburns etc who don’t get ultrasounds) just make me shake my head. 
My own mother had a stillbirth at 37 weeks, and was lucky enough to find out why; many parents still don’t. Recently there was that landmark study about what may cause SIDS in babies. Obviously there’ll be more testing done etc, but it’s still huge. 

• Upvote 5

@mango_fandango that's fascinating I hadn't seen the sids study but will look it out. That must be every parents worst nightmare. Yes for all the fundies who glamourise the past they always ignore the lack of health care and deaths as well as assuming they would be the upper class not the folk doing the work. 

• Upvote 1

We lost #3 of the 4 boys last July.  He was four years old.  He had a cardiac issue that we were unaware of, but even if it had been found during his life it would probably have postponed the outcome but not prevented it.  One of the first things I thought of in the aftermath, and that I come back to often, is this bit from the book where Anne's firstborn dies:

"Anne found that she could go on living; the day came when she even smiled again over one of Miss Cornelia's speeches.  But there was something in the smile that had never been in Anne's smile before and would never be absent from it again."

Coming back to the thread topic... I am Abbie's age and had my youngest right around the same time as her twin boys and just about everything she posts is annoying.  I can't even.

• Love 42

She is on a roll with her Q and A questions this week. Nursing twins wasn’t hard for her (though other people who DM her annoyingly disagree), they don’t do well visits, brother is a dentist so that’s how they afford that, 4 boys share a room, 4 girls share a room, and they have a nursery room, tongue tie on twins wasn’t diagnosed until 9 weeks b/c midwife’s fault (could skipping well visits have something to do with it?🙄), she doesn’t plan her books they just flow. Whew! It’s a lot. 

And, to give us all a glimpse of fundie sex Ed, this is her description of the menstrual cycle. 🫠
8325A0FD-DE54-400F-BEF3-2D06932C57AB.jpeg.6ef4926c1678c887b824c73ceb0645c9.jpeg

She also shared a text autocorrect fail today about COVID and ventilators. Hiding it b/c super insensitive.

Spoiler

Responding to a friend who tested positive: “I hope you’re on the vent soon!” She meant to say “on the mend” 

I get it, embarrasssing autocorrect bit to share it publicly to followers who may have had a loved one in a ventilator? What?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

She is on a roll with her Q and A questions this week. Nursing twins wasn’t hard for her (though other people who DM her annoyingly disagree), they don’t do well visits, brother is a dentist so that’s how they afford that, 4 boys share a room, 4 girls share a room, and they have a nursery room, tongue tie on twins wasn’t diagnosed until 9 weeks b/c midwife’s fault (could skipping well visits have something to do with it?🙄), she doesn’t plan her books they just flow. Whew! It’s a lot. 

And, to give us all a glimpse of fundie sex Ed, this is her description of the menstrual cycle. 🫠
8325A0FD-DE54-400F-BEF3-2D06932C57AB.jpeg.6ef4926c1678c887b824c73ceb0645c9.jpeg

She also shared a text autocorrect fail today about COVID and ventilators. Hiding it b/c super insensitive.

Hide contents

Responding to a friend who tested positive: “I hope you’re on the vent soon!” She meant to say “on the mend” 

I get it, embarrasssing autocorrect bit to share it publicly to followers who may have had a loved one in a ventilator? What?

Of course she doesn’t do well visits. All fundies neglect that part of having children it seems. I guess I would be downright shocked if one of these fundie quiverful moms didn’t medically neglect their children. 

She only has three girls and 5 boys that aren’t in the nursery. So I’m guessing one of the little boys sleeps in the girl’s room. And I’m guessing it’s Shiloh. Because Braggie probably makes him go to his sisters in the middle of the night instead of her. And I bet that’s been happening for a long time now. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic