IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

The kind, compassionate thing to do would be to just post something like a list of the names of the victims.  But no - Braggie has to make it ALL ABOUT HER.

• Upvote 11

Someone upthread asked about birthdays and I'm honestly interested in doing anything to take a break from the news right now, so here is what I found. No guarantee this is completely accurate!

• Ezra - May 24, 2006
  • Simon - November 27, 2007
  • Adelaide - November 21, 2010
  • Evy & Magnolia - September 24, 2012
  • Theo - December 30, 2014
  • Honor - January 16, 2017
  • Shiloh - February 6, 2019
  • Titus & Tobias - September 24, 2020

Shaun's birthday is January 31, 1980 and Abbie's is October 6, 1982.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Reading that intro, I am wondering if someone should tell Abbie to get to work on the things she knows she's terrible at. Sure, it might be hard, but I mean, hard isn't the same as bad, amiright?  Those photos won't organize themselves!

Also: It blows my mind that any parent would have been so lax that the full name and birthday of their children (along with copious photos) would be available to anyone with internet access. That is a parent fail.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I love that one of the things she's bad at is deleting texts.  Is that something we're supposed to be doing?  Is she finding it hard to do?  Should we remind her that hardisnotthesamethingasbad?

I also find it interesting that she's bad at finishing decorating the last 10% of a room.  If her rooms are only 90% decorated then mine are maybe 20% decorated.  I probably need to buy some wallpaper and rugs from Anthropologie stat. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Having never followed her myself, I see now why you all call her Braggie. The things that she says she is bad at are not things to universally aspire to unless it happens to be important to you or makes you happy. Gardening is a great hobby that benefits many! But it’s not like people would get criticized for being bad at it.

The rest is full on bragging! I will tell anyone that my mom is amazing because she knows exactly what people need in a crisis. But she doesn’t announce it on social media. She’s charitable without trumpeting her own good deeds publicly.

And oh my goodness she actually brings up her identical twin fact like it’s an important part of her bio! I’ve read about that fact from many posters here and it’s clear that it’s because she is the one bringing it up so often.

ETA: I apologize for the many exclamation points. I have been fuming mad this week as worse details keep coming out from Texas, so yes I am sort of shouting in my post as I’m on edge right now. Her Uvalde post was a bunch of privileged BS too. I can’t say more or else I won’t be able to stop ranting.

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 8

Even though anyone with a conscience is still in mourning for Uvalde, Braggie wants you to know that you can still go buy the jewelry line SHE designed!  Go shop, people!  

I don't know if anyone here is a diehard Sifl & Olly fan like I am, but sometimes these fundies who shill their crap constantly remind me of Precious Roy - BUY MY JEWELRY, SUCKAS!  

Bonus: two more very non-flattering, honest book reviews on GoodReads:

"I hoped this book would go further into toxic motherhood culture where complaining is applauded and guilt enforced over anything good, though I wouldn’t describe this as “mediocre” nor is there nothing wrong with being mediocre except to your pride. While she defines “mediocre” as constant complaining, the rest of the book uses it to describe falling short of perfection and contrasts it with “Christlike.” The encouragement is very manipulative, avoids harsh words while taking no excuses. Example: “I don’t give a rip about your three-day clothes” then adds disclaimers like ‘as long as you’ve seen different people those three days’ then sympathizes she has occasionally worn an article of clothing twice herself. This has nothing to do with mothering, why even go there and make people feel bad if they DO smell? Shame (even wrapped in pretty language) may be convicting in the short term but tough love addictions trap you in a cycle of defeat. She says “grace” to mean ‘try harder but with Jesus.’ It is a form of prosperity gospel, using Christ as a means to get what we want: being super mom. Christ did not die so to give us a way to ‘do better’, this is idolatry of having it together.
The humble-bragging is not relatable at all. Once she spent too much time on her phone! Her lowest parenting moment when “everything came to a head” and she “LECTURED” her kids. She didn’t yell, just “harped” on them for not finishing their chores. Keeping your temper sounds like a parenting win to me but no this required dramatic intervention: she decided to only speak gently. Why didn’t I think of that?
Her mother regularly left the author to be babysat by her brother so she could buy groceries alone even though he would “forcefully” pin her down to tickle her while she struggled. She blames herself for being “feisty” and “has no defence” for fighting off his scissors with a pencil. What were her parents thinking? It is sickening how she minimizes her brother’s behaviour, she absolutely sounds like she needs therapy."

"I really went back and forth on even writing a review - but I felt compelled to share my thoughts. I don’t have Instagram so I don’t know Abbie from her online world - but this book reminded me exactly why I wanted to be off of social media and continue to stay off.

No doubt Abbie loves the Lord, her husband, and her kids. I appreciated her desire to share her goal of Biblical based mothering and wanting more from this generation of Christian “mamas.” However, I consider myself a high capacity mom of 3 boys who wears many hats similar to Abbie, but I felt like I only read all the things I was subpar at that she excels. She calls it conviction if you feel less than, I felt like it was straight up guilt/shame. And even if she said “follow me as I follow Christ” referencing Paul… I certainly felt like she gave every opportunity she could to just say - actually just follow me and my ways.

I can only imagine what 10 kids looks like, she obviously is excellent at many things. But I didn’t enjoy at all the subtle weaving throughout that if you don’t surrender the amount of kids that you will have like she did in her early years or aren’t a MOM (mom of many) as she calls it, you aren’t doing it right. Children are a blessing, but I got the impression if you stop having children by choice because of your marriage, finances, or legitimate mental health, that’s just an excuse.

I’m glad Abbie has found herself and her family thriving, but if you have ever given your kid boxed mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, watched Netflix, had a glass of wine, drink coffee, have a house cleaner or hired babysitters, or ever ordered takeout, this book probably isn’t for you."

The last line of that 2nd one is a hoot, considering Braggie leaves her kids with others every fucking chance she gets.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 15

15 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Even though anyone with a conscience is still in mourning for Uvalde, Braggie wants you to know that you can still go buy the jewelry line SHE designed!  Go shop, people!  

I don't know if anyone here is a diehard Sifl & Olly fan like I am, but sometimes these fundies who shill their crap constantly remind me of Precious Roy - BUY MY JEWELRY, SUCKAS!  

Bonus: two more very non-flattering, honest book reviews on GoodReads:

"I hoped this book would go further into toxic motherhood culture where complaining is applauded and guilt enforced over anything good, though I wouldn’t describe this as “mediocre” nor is there nothing wrong with being mediocre except to your pride. While she defines “mediocre” as constant complaining, the rest of the book uses it to describe falling short of perfection and contrasts it with “Christlike.” The encouragement is very manipulative, avoids harsh words while taking no excuses. Example: “I don’t give a rip about your three-day clothes” then adds disclaimers like ‘as long as you’ve seen different people those three days’ then sympathizes she has occasionally worn an article of clothing twice herself. This has nothing to do with mothering, why even go there and make people feel bad if they DO smell? Shame (even wrapped in pretty language) may be convicting in the short term but tough love addictions trap you in a cycle of defeat. She says “grace” to mean ‘try harder but with Jesus.’ It is a form of prosperity gospel, using Christ as a means to get what we want: being super mom. Christ did not die so to give us a way to ‘do better’, this is idolatry of having it together.
The humble-bragging is not relatable at all. Once she spent too much time on her phone! Her lowest parenting moment when “everything came to a head” and she “LECTURED” her kids. She didn’t yell, just “harped” on them for not finishing their chores. Keeping your temper sounds like a parenting win to me but no this required dramatic intervention: she decided to only speak gently. Why didn’t I think of that?
Her mother regularly left the author to be babysat by her brother so she could buy groceries alone even though he would “forcefully” pin her down to tickle her while she struggled. She blames herself for being “feisty” and “has no defence” for fighting off his scissors with a pencil. What were her parents thinking? It is sickening how she minimizes her brother’s behaviour, she absolutely sounds like she needs therapy."

"I really went back and forth on even writing a review - but I felt compelled to share my thoughts. I don’t have Instagram so I don’t know Abbie from her online world - but this book reminded me exactly why I wanted to be off of social media and continue to stay off.

No doubt Abbie loves the Lord, her husband, and her kids. I appreciated her desire to share her goal of Biblical based mothering and wanting more from this generation of Christian “mamas.” However, I consider myself a high capacity mom of 3 boys who wears many hats similar to Abbie, but I felt like I only read all the things I was subpar at that she excels. She calls it conviction if you feel less than, I felt like it was straight up guilt/shame. And even if she said “follow me as I follow Christ” referencing Paul… I certainly felt like she gave every opportunity she could to just say - actually just follow me and my ways.

I can only imagine what 10 kids looks like, she obviously is excellent at many things. But I didn’t enjoy at all the subtle weaving throughout that if you don’t surrender the amount of kids that you will have like she did in her early years or aren’t a MOM (mom of many) as she calls it, you aren’t doing it right. Children are a blessing, but I got the impression if you stop having children by choice because of your marriage, finances, or legitimate mental health, that’s just an excuse.

I’m glad Abbie has found herself and her family thriving, but if you have ever given your kid boxed mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, watched Netflix, had a glass of wine, drink coffee, have a house cleaner or hired babysitters, or ever ordered takeout, this book probably isn’t for you."

The last line of that 2nd one is a hoot, considering Braggie leaves her kids with others every fucking chance she gets.  

Hell Braggie not only leaves her kids constantly, she leaves them with children watching them. That is definitely sub par parenting in my opinion. Ezra has been the babysitter for years. Little 10 year old Ezra was watching a bunch of kids and he shouldn’t have been. That’s just not safe. I’m not staying 10 year olds can’t babysit. I just think they can’t babysit a bunch of young kids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Abbie posted another stiff looking riverdance video with the girls. They're happy because the menfolk are returning from 10 days in the wilderness. Idle speculation bus: the timing of the camping trip is interesting. Abbie was losing her mind thinking that she was pregnant and was in full on meltdown mode for a hot second there. They get the all clear and Shaun immediately hightails out of town, far enough away that he's out of cell range and can't be interrupted by annoying, emotionally unstable Abbie. 

Spoiler

675897808_Screenshot_20220529-1639552.png.55d1dea72c7576797ae8ba5f8536e393.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 2

I bet those poor girls had to do a lot of work being sister moms since Ezra and Simon weren’t there. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Wow, that's quite a trip when they're used to having so many other siblings around at all times. Hopefully the boys were able to fully relax, detach and enjoy themselves and weren't stressed over how the younger sibs would be while they were gone!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, SuperNova said:

They get the all clear and Shaun immediately hightails out of town, far enough away that he's out of cell range and can't be interrupted by annoying, emotionally unstable Abbie. 

Personally, I think there is at least a 25% chance that when the baby train finally stops and the youngest ones hit 10 and older, Shaun might hightail it away from Braggie for good.  Would you want to spend the last third of your life with that shrew after having weathered the storm for 20+ years, if you didn't have to?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Personally, I think there is at least a 25% chance that when the baby train finally stops and the youngest ones hit 10 and older, Shaun might hightail it away from Braggie for good.  Would you want to spend the last third of your life with that shrew after having weathered the storm for 20+ years, if you didn't have to?

I think he is one of those men who would just stay miserable in a marriage rather than put the effort into leaving her. I bet leaving her would be hell and he knows it. So instead of going through a year of extreme hell, he will go through 30 more years of hellishness. It’s easier to just feign business trips and office work than to actually make a stand and leave. He will take the easy way out. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

To hear Abbie tell it, Shaun is all in. Take that with a grain of salt, because Abbie, but I'm very curious if he's into all the chaos to raise arrows for the Lord especially when he has excuses to leave all the time.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

To hear Abbie tell it, Shaun is all in. Take that with a grain of salt, because Abbie, but I'm very curious if he's into all the chaos to raise arrows for the Lord especially when he has excuses to leave all the time.

I doubt he would say anything if he wasn’t all in. He would keep it to himself. But he also doesn’t have to deal with the children he’s irresponsibly creating. He’s gone all the time or “working.” PP does this too. He’s always in his office when he is home and he goes running daily. He has plenty of time to himself. I think Shawn is the same way. If Shaun had to stay home with the kids constantly, I doubt he would want to have sex knowing another kid could come in 9 months. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if he’s all in theologically but to cope has business trips or travel or finds fundie permissible ways to escape.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think he is one of those men who would just stay miserable in a marriage rather than put the effort into leaving her. I bet leaving her would be hell and he knows it. So instead of going through a year of extreme hell, he will go through 30 more years of hellishness. It’s easier to just feign business trips and office work than to actually make a stand and leave. He will take the easy way out. 

Maybe he is being mentored by Ken Alexander.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

There's a birthday post up for Ezra but it's really about Abbie. His birth made her a mama, she praises him but it's about her parenting, she claims credit for his successes because she raised him right. She also calls herself his sister in Christ, does this sound creepy AF to anyone else? She closes with the other hella creepy Christian trope about god "using" Ezra. 

Spoiler

1592563841_Screenshot_20220531-0935552.png.9a0c9b6257ef661fb2af4aa4af85665d.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 8

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

There's a birthday post up for Ezra but it's really about Abbie. His birth made her a mama, she praises him but it's about her parenting, she claims credit for his successes because she raised him right. She also calls herself his sister in Christ, does this sound creepy AF to anyone else? She closes with the other hella creepy Christian trope about god "using" Ezra. 

Hide contents

1592563841_Screenshot_20220531-0935552.png.9a0c9b6257ef661fb2af4aa4af85665d.png

If she claims credit for all his successes, why doesn’t she claim credit for all of Shiloh’s perceived failures? If a child’s good behavior is because of her amazing parenting abilities, why does she only claim that and none of the poor behaviors? Oh that’s right! Because Braggie is a better parent than everyone and that’s why she wrote a shitty book about it. 

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 2

I know this is constantly said, but now would be the PERFECT time to stop reproducing. She has the 2 older boys, the cluster of girlies in the middle, and the big group of caboose boys. It would be terrible for them to add one little girl at the end. All those kids have close-aged siblings who might be provide a support and united front against their odd parents. 

• Upvote 10

She will probably try to get pregnant around Christmas so she can go for a third set of twins born in September. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she claims credit for all his successes, why doesn’t she claim credit for all of Shiloh’s perceived failures? If a child’s good behavior is because of her amazing parenting abilities, why does she only claim that and none of the poor behaviors? Oh that’s right! Because Braggie is a better parent than everyone and that’s why she wrote a shitty book about it. 

When the kids are good, they're a reflection of her parenting. When they're naughty, it's their sin nature or it's god testing Abbie and sanctifying her. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

When did Shaun come home? Today, He and AH are off for a vacay,  NO kids per AH. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 3

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When did Shaun come home? Today, He and AH are off for a vacay,  NO kids per AH. 

So he was gone for 10 days camping with the two oldest and a day later he leaves on an adult only vacation? When does he ever spend time with some of his children? I kind of doubt he spends any one on one time with most of those kids. He seems so checked out to me. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Just thinking how awful it would be to hear this said about me:

I made many first time mama mistakes with you, and yet the Lord has been so gracious to grow you up into a young man who loves and follows Him, who treats everyone with kindness [etc etc]

No room for Ezra to be his own person, or to take any satisfaction in his own efforts and achievements and basic personality. Abbie says, I screwed you up (attention for ME!) but God condescended to fix you (attention for God, which makes ME godly!)

It's so sad and damaging for Ezra, who through everything Abbie shows really seems to be a good, conscientious, kind kid. Credit for that should go to Ezra. YMMV whether to attribute any to God. None to Abbie.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I don’t know how this woman keeps popping up on my IG feed as I no longer follow, but today she is doing a Wednesday Q/A and is now claiming that she used to babysit all the time when she was 10-11 years old. I thought in the past she has always stated that she had zero interest in children and no experience prior to getting married? Which is it Abbie? Remember Jesus does not like lying. 

SHE JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic