IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She got a book deal???? W. T . F.

Yes, but it looks short, full of crappy stuff she just posts on Instagram, and not particularly well written. But it’s enough to boost her ego for a bit. 

• Upvote 4

Let's kick off the new thread with some of the same old bullshit. Nobody ever said that only form of socialization worth having was school. No one ever said that in the history of ever. I've also never heard a single solitary person ever say that age gaps mean emotional distance, or that children have default resentment to siblings, or that more than two kids is bad. From what white Christian conspiracy rumor mill is she pulling this garbage from? These are talking points for literally no one except the people in her own fanatical religious groups. They use hypothetical arguments to push their weird insular views and mentally masturbate to their own perceived superiority. 

Spoiler

2117530776_Screenshot_20220323-1752592.thumb.png.56013f158804ced69c0717f4578fc1cc.png

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 7

Attempting to justify her (shitty) choices? Where the hell does she get the idea that "socialization" = "school"? She just tries to be so damn smart and shows, again and again, how fucking stupid she is. She oughta go watch a Kitten Lady video on kitten socialization to learn something. 

Time for attention to kids...simple math. 10 kids = 2.4 hours a day (not accounting for sleeping) per kid. That's changing which kid you're interacting with when their time is "up". So, how can you also add in eating, sleeping, potty breaks, housework, etc.? 2 kids = 12 hours each. PLENTY of time there! 

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Let's kick off the new thread with some of the same old bullshit. Nobody ever said that only form of socialization worth having was school. No one ever said that in the history of ever. I've also never heard a single solitary person ever say that age gaps mean emotional distance, or that children have default resentment to siblings, or that more than two kids is bad. From what white Christian conspiracy rumor mill is she pulling this garbage from? These are talking points for literally no one except the people in her own fanatical religious groups. They use hypothetical arguments to push their weird insular views and mentally masturbate to their own perceived superiority. 

Hide contents

2117530776_Screenshot_20220323-1752592.thumb.png.56013f158804ced69c0717f4578fc1cc.png

Yet she puts her kids in a school like setting with her co-op. I highly doubt it’s like a one room school house and all the kids age 5 to 18 are learning together. I’m sure she will teach her twins together. She sure as hell treats them like units already. 

Socialization starts from day one and it’s long before any kid even goes to school. So what is she even talking about? 

• I Agree 9

I'm putting this here because I don't know where else to put it...this is an excellent video that I just came across, not sure if it's been shared on FJ elsewhere.  I did not know that Al Jazeera had interviewed Braggie's idol Jennifer Flanders.  I'm sure Braggie drools at the thought of a major news agency, American or otherwise, interviewing her. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5kO3tUe-s0

Also, if you are in the mood to read bucketloads of bullshit, look no further than Braggie's answers to her Wednesday questions.  Good lord.  Word diarrhea abounds.  I found her insistence at how well-built her house is because they did it themselves particularly funny.  Tell it to your roofline, you twit.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 5

Someone needs to teach Abbie the meaning of kindness, and how it DOES start in the home. She can practice what she has learned on speaking to and about her children.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

There are still no negative or even "meh" reviews of her book.  I find that a little odd.  I guess there are enough "biblical" moms out there waiting to lap up whatever the latest christian mommy-du-jour has to dish out.

• Upvote 3

Just now, danvillebelle said:

There are still no negative or even "meh" reviews of her book.  I find that a little odd.  I guess there are enough "biblical" moms out there waiting to lap up whatever the latest christian mommy-du-jour has to dish out.

The Christian mommies attracted to this woman are the same people who are hurt the most by this culture and the message women like Abbie perpetrate.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

It's been awhile since Braggie compared herself to Jesus, but she made up for it today.  She said a reader asked her how she avoids feeling "touched out", then shared the story of the woman with a bleeding issue reaching out and touching Jesus.  Really.  And how Jesus was surely touched out, so she can deal with it too.  She also shared that the twin boys slap her.  I know they are 18mo toddlers, but kids can be taught "gentle touch" from a VERY young age. 

In her fb stories, she shared that "Della's love language is one on one time."  Poor Della was born into the WRONG family.  However, "the middle kids were at my mom's, so when Della asked me to go junking, I said yes."  And when they went out, Braggie looked like this: 

That's...um...a look. 😦

277436347_395214605751743_911121915117420000_n.jpg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

It's been awhile since Braggie compared herself to Jesus, but she made up for it today.  She said a reader asked her how she avoids feeling "touched out", then shared the story of the woman with a bleeding issue reaching out and touching Jesus.  Really.  And how Jesus was surely touched out, so she can deal with it too.  She also shared that the twin boys slap her.  I know they are 18mo toddlers, but kids can be taught "gentle touch" from a VERY young age. 

In her fb stories, she shared that "Della's love language is one on one time."  Poor Della was born into the WRONG family.  However, "the middle kids were at my mom's, so when Della asked me to go junking, I said yes."  And when they went out, Braggie looked like this: 

That's...um...a look. 😦

Ughhh. Of course she wanted to go shopping. Fella knows that’s the only way she could get to have alone time. Promise to go shopping with her. Braggie wants any excuse to go shopping and get away from her three youngest. And no Braggie, Jesus is never touched out. What the actual fuck is she talking about? I don’t believe in Jesus or whatever. But even Christians can admit that Jesus is currently in heaven and not living on earth like you and me. So no he’s not touched out. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard all week. Does she also think Jesus gets constipated just like you and me? Or he is dealing with the hay fever just like you and me? 

• Upvote 4

I have no idea what "touched out" means. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I have no idea what "touched out" means. 

I had never heard of it either, but the internet told me it’s when moms (usually) have kids hanging on them all day and start to get annoyed by any touch (partners, kids, anyone.) I’m familiar with the concept, but had never heard the expression before.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I had never heard of it either, but the internet told me it’s when moms (usually) have kids hanging on them all day and start to get annoyed by any touch (partners, kids, anyone.) I’m familiar with the concept, but had never heard the expression before.

Yeah, there were definitely times when I had four ages 6 and under and a few years after that where I'd be pretty touched out.  I never thought to be a martyr over it or compare myself to Jesus Christ, though. 🙄

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

Outside cat status where he can get eaten by a coyote.  Bitch.  I'm surprised she hasn't thrown Ruby out into a run in the yard.  Clarence probably scratched her precious Anthro furniture or pillows.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Outside cat status where he can get eaten by a coyote.  Bitch.  I'm surprised she hasn't thrown Ruby out into a run in the yard.  Clarence probably scratched her precious Anthro furniture or pillows.

I don’t understand why she couldn’t give the cat to a loving owner. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

That's...um...a look. 😦

Her hair looks like she has a dead raccoon on her head. 

13 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Give me the cat, already have three others. 

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Because she does not, in her own words, "have a sentimental bone in her body."  She doesn't care. She's not an animal lover; that is made clear by the fact that their dog Ruby rarely, if ever, is in her IG photos. She let the kids have the kitten in the first place in a moment of weakness, apparently.  But they have other outside cats, so she thinks it's all good.  No matter that they lost one of their dogs (probably to a predator or hit by a car) because she's too damn lazy to buy a leash and let the dogs out on their own to relieve themselves.  There is no doubt in my mind that animals are just a tool for her, like everything else - something to amuse her kids. 

I understand that there are country people where I live who have barn cats.  I totally get that.  They are not solely pets, they're like livestock guard dogs.  They are keeping mice and pests out of animal feed storage.  Barn cats are also usually pretty damn smart and stay close to the barn.  

Braggie does not have livestock or a barn (besides her craptastic barn she lives in).  She lives on a large property surrounded by woods.  I guarantee you that coyotes regularly patrol her area; they're everywhere here.  A few months after we moved in here, I went out for a morning walk and one was standing right in the middle of our street.  He looked at me like "'sup?" and just trotted off.  They are bold and will eat whatever they can find, and that includes cats and small dogs.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

She posted a story this morning that said "came downstairs from doing laundry to find this" - Theo cooking Honor an egg.  Theo is 7.  

I'm all about kids helping in the kitchen.  I don't think that's what is happening here.  Theo probably cooked Honor his egg because he realized Mama wasn't going to be bothered.  Her kids don't cook because she's teaching them skills, they cook out of necessity to feed themselves because she doesn't do it.  What happens when 3yo Shiloh sees Theo cooking and decides to pull a barstool over to the stove to try it himself when everyone else is busy with other things?  The other day she posted a pic of the twin boys having dumped out a container of sugar and some dishes in the pantry.  I think there are multiple episodes a day where the youngest 4 boys in that house are completely unsupervised for more than a few minutes at a time.  The probabilities of one of those kids having a major injury or setting the damn house on fire have risen with every pregnancy.  They are courting disaster.

• Upvote 18

19 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She posted a story this morning that said "came downstairs from doing laundry to find this" - Theo cooking Honor an egg.  Theo is 7.  

I'm all about kids helping in the kitchen.  I don't think that's what is happening here.  Theo probably cooked Honor his egg because he realized Mama wasn't going to be bothered.  Her kids don't cook because she's teaching them skills, they cook out of necessity to feed themselves because she doesn't do it.  What happens when 3yo Shiloh sees Theo cooking and decides to pull a barstool over to the stove to try it himself when everyone else is busy with other things?  The other day she posted a pic of the twin boys having dumped out a container of sugar and some dishes in the pantry.  I think there are multiple episodes a day where the youngest 4 boys in that house are completely unsupervised for more than a few minutes at a time.  The probabilities of one of those kids having a major injury or setting the damn house on fire have risen with every pregnancy.  They are courting disaster.

I've known plenty of kids who had to learn to be self-sufficient at a very young age. The difference is that they had to learn from necessity, not neglect. Mom and dad worked full time, opposing shifts and weren't home very much. The older kids get parentified and end up running laundry, feeding the littles, helping with homework, and putting themselves to bed. It's not a great model but I have much more sympathy for families that are working together to try and improve their situation.

Abbie is a full time stay at home mom with too many kids by choice and Shaun checked out five kids ago. They have access to plenty of resources and still choose to neglect the children. She could hire a live in nanny but that would detract from the best mom ever thing she has going. Not to mention that Abbie comes across as the kind of person that would get jealous of her kids affection for a nanny. She probably wouldn't like another woman near Shaun, either.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, freejugar said:

junking?

My family used this same term to mean going to yard/garage sale. Probably because you may have to dig through some junk to find some nice stuff. People sell the weirdest things at yard sales sometimes. But that could be the fun of it. I’m guessing Braggie means thrift store shopping.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic