IGNORED

M Is for Mama 13: Taking Selfies to Glorify the Lord

nelliebelle1197

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yesterday the kids went down to the pond to pick dew berries for dessert. They took the youngest 2 in strollers. This family is a tragic accident waiting to happen. Why does it seem that the most prolific reproducers are the folks who are least likely to follow basic safety measures? It’s almost like since they have so many they actually treasure and protect no one.

I think it just means they aren’t able to actually supervise and protect all of them. There’s a reason why daycares have ratios they must follow. Because you can’t supervise and care for all of them by yourself. It’s sad. I would love to see statistics of home accidents like broken bones, cuts, and burns in the average sized family compared to huge families. Of course more kids means more accidents. But I’m guessing if you take that into account, they would still have more stitches and broken bones. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it just means they aren’t able to actually supervise and protect all of them. There’s a reason why daycares have ratios they must follow. Because you can’t supervise and care for all of them by yourself. It’s sad. I would love to see statistics of home accidents like broken bones, cuts, and burns in the average sized family compared to huge families. Of course more kids means more accidents. But I’m guessing if you take that into account, they would still have more stitches and broken bones. 

Their mother should be monitoring the youngest 3 and not foisting them on the older kids. Because Abbie is the type that would lay never ending blame on the party who was tasked with watching the little ones-

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, anachronistic said:

The funny thing for me is that I actually agree that hard isn’t the same as bad, but…..who ever thought it was? Most things worth doing are at least a little difficult. It’s great when your life is all sunshine and roses, but few peoples are, and we learn to make the best of it and keep going anyway. We grit our teeth through the pain and later congratulate ourselves because hey, we did it.

Abbie seems to think that she came up with this entire concept. She has such a tiny, tiny world. There was even a study I saw recently about the whole concept of doing something that you hate while doing it but get such endorphins from that it’s worth it, like triathlons or mountain climbing or in my case, going to the grocery store.

Agreed.  No one is saying hard is always bad. But Abbie can't stop tilting at that windmill.  I think someone needs to make a tshirt that says #hardisnotthesamethingasgood and send it to her.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, mhainlen said:

Agreed.  No one is saying hard is always bad. But Abbie can't stop tilting at that windmill.  I think someone needs to make a tshirt that says #hardisnotthesamethingasgood and send it to her.  

Abbie sometimes seems to fixate on a simplistic idea that she thinks "secular" culture promotes and then disavows this idea even if no one actually follows it. E.g. "mediocre motherhood," "self care instead of soul care," "socialization can only happen in the public school classroom," "take the easy way out vs hard isn't bad". She's not a very original thinker so I wouldn't be surprised if her church is preaching that this is how us heathens think.

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it's both overwhelm and we-know-better-than-the-government and The-Lord-will-provide. Look how many fundies can't be bothered figuring out car seats, for example.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Abbie sometimes seems to fixate on a simplistic idea that she thinks "secular" culture promotes and then disavows this idea even if no one actually follows it. E.g. "mediocre motherhood," "self care instead of soul care," "socialization can only happen in the public school classroom," "take the easy way out vs hard isn't bad". She's not a very original thinker so I wouldn't be surprised if her church is preaching that this is how us heathens think.

I think it's both overwhelm and we-know-better-than-the-government and The-Lord-will-provide. Look how many fundies can't be bothered figuring out car seats, for example.

The thing about car seats is that you often can’t fit all those car seats in regular cars. It’s a huge pain in the ass to put three car seats and three boosters in an ordinary mini van. So they are forced to get those huge passenger vans or just say fuck it when it comes to car seats. If we had a third child, we would have been forced to get a minivan due to car seats. There’s no way 3 car seats (not boosters) could have fit in our outback. So they either have to spend a bunch of mo eye on a passenger can or they don’t follow car seat laws. And most fundies aren’t overflowing with money so we know what they will choose. And then they all rub off on each other. Since everyone in their family are lax about car seats, they think it’s fine that they are too. I think a big part of the way fundies act is because of the “fundie culture” they all seem to think is normal. 

• I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing about car seats is that you often can’t fit all those car seats in regular cars. It’s a huge pain in the ass to put three car seats and three boosters in an ordinary mini van. So they are forced to get those huge passenger vans or just say fuck it when it comes to car seats. If we had a third child, we would have been forced to get a minivan due to car seats. There’s no way 3 car seats (not boosters) could have fit in our outback. So they either have to spend a bunch of mo eye on a passenger can or they don’t follow car seat laws. And most fundies aren’t overflowing with money so we know what they will choose. And then they all rub off on each other. Since everyone in their family are lax about car seats, they think it’s fine that they are too. I think a big part of the way fundies act is because of the “fundie culture” they all seem to think is normal. 

Alyssa Webster was buckling car seats incorrectly when she only had one or two kids and they could fit in a small car. So even small Fundy families are super lazy about safety!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Alyssa Webster was buckling car seats incorrectly when she only had one or two kids and they could fit in a small car. So even small Fundy families are super lazy about safety!

I think it’s because Alyssa grew up that way. Like I said, it is the culture. It all rubs off on each other. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's definitely at least part of it. New Baby meant that we needed a vehicle that could hold three car seats, one front-facing. We might have been able to get away with promoting Elder to a booster instead and squeezed them in that way, but while he fits the age requirement he does not fit the size ones. Ditto moving Younger into a front-facing (yes, my kids are small). Our choice was significant cost outlay, since large vehicles aren't cheap, over a riskier car seat arrangement, but I can see a lot of big families pushing the limits to save costs.

• Upvote 4

Today she admits to using NFP, not for prevention, but for spacing…..SPACING IS PREVENTING. She is delusional.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 8

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today she admits to using NFP, not for prevention, but for spacing…..SPACING IS PREVENTING. She is delusional.

Fundies twist things so much. I hope her humpers see this for what it is. A lie. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yeah I agree with you. It's also super confusing.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies twist things so much. I hope her humpers see this for what it is. A lie. 

It's just stupid.

• Upvote 2

It’s very likely that if Braggie never did any sort of preventing, she would have more than 10 by now. She seems pretty fertile. 

• Upvote 4

I guess according to Abbie's logic, I haven't used hormonal birth control for prevention, just spacing! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

I guess according to Abbie's logic, I haven't used hormonal birth control for prevention, just spacing! 

I’m guessing there are other fundies who do prevent for spacing but wouldn’t admit it because they know it’s not quiverful and it’s not staying open to all of gods blessings. 

• Upvote 6

I was part of a couple infertility/loss support groups and they were both Christian but not completely in your face. I knew people there who did "compassionate" frozen embryo transfers where they wouldn't take the hormones to prep for transfer and wouldn't create a cycle environment to trick their body into implantation but instead transfer during a time when the body was not at all receptive to it.

I'm never going to tell someone what reproductive choice to make and think people should do what their conscious leads them to on that. But I personally never saw a difference between that and just discarding the embryos. Maybe technically you're giving them a chance by sticking them in the uterus, but you're not intending for or doing anything to help the embryo to stick.

A whole bunch of women or couples use NFP as opposed to hormonal or barrier birth control for a wide variety of reasons. Abbie just has to be special and claim that she is leaving it up to God and is thus a better christian than anyone who doesn't. When Shaun and Abbie use pull out method, it's because they're godly. When anyone else decides to wait for kids, they're not trusting God. 

This scene from the end of Ever After popped into my head and it's how I feel about Abbie:

6441d5da-f9ae-4d36-9647-8cd7bc15fc9d_text.gif.01779ac6883e84a279519d667b7b6828.gif

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Allie Beth Stuckey shared Abbie’s book in her stories, but just with a highlighted bit. 😬 That likely means new readers. 

Yeah, NFP is birth control.

Edited by neuroticcat
Emoji out
  • Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Allie Beth Stuckey shared Abbie’s book in her stories, but just with a highlighted bit. 😬 That likely means new readers. 

ABS and AH deserve each other. They're both utterly insufferable. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Last week, Braggie was moaning over her twins having hand, foot and mouth disease.  Yesterday she posted a video of them running around a public playground barefoot. 

She is SO fucking stupid.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 9

8 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Last week, Braggie was moaning over her twins having hand, foot and mouth disease.  Yesterday she posted a video of them running around a public playground barefoot. 

She is SO fucking stupid.

I remember when my older son caught that. It was actually a real pain in the ass. Literally. He didn’t have the sores on his hands or feet. Just his mouth and butt. Poor kid hated the sores in his mouth the worst. The ones on his butt were layered with diaper cream which helped a lot. Of course we kept him away from everyone when he had it. I think it’s really easily spread. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:09 PM, SassyPants said:

She doesn't seem to be using it very well, based on her reaction to her positive pee-stick test.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think Braggie knows that she doesn’t want any more children. 10 is a nice number, the older kids are still home to take care of the younger ones, and she can’t stand toddlerhood but the end of it is within reach - in 2 years she’ll have all preschoolers or older. But she can’t admit she is done, and Sean still expects to not use birth control so she’ll be forced to take whatever comes. I hope to heck it’s nothing.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I think Braggie knows that she doesn’t want any more children. 10 is a nice number, the older kids are still home to take care of the younger ones, and she can’t stand toddlerhood but the end of it is within reach - in 2 years she’ll have all preschoolers or older. But she can’t admit she is done, and Sean still expects to not use birth control so she’ll be forced to take whatever comes. I hope to heck it’s nothing.

Or far worse, a child with special needs. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I hope they're done as well, but given how fertile she seems to be, plus the way they apparently half-ass their NFP, plus anecdotally knowing a lot of people who get pregnant again soon after a loss, I'm expecting #11 to be announced before the twins boys turn two.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Maybe this is why she's introducing herself for the bajillionth time. I don't know what it is about Abbie that gets under my skin more than any other fundie but these intros are a part of it. It always comes across as kind of desperate, like the weird kid in school that corners you in the library to talk about their worm collection.

I expect someone to put me out of my misery I ever get so boring that I list wallpapering and simple repetitive rhythms as things I'm pretty good at. 

Spoiler

1942536662_Screenshot_20220527-0925512.thumb.png.29c4e209e4f7f2e21167ce6fbb9a7bfb.png

Abbie made a post that is supposed to be about #prayingforuvalde but really it's about Abbie. Long suffering, hard working Abbie. Because everything is always about Abbie. Abbie slicing bananas. Abbie getting slobbery kisses. Abbie has her children still when others don't. 

Spoiler

1630586657_Screenshot_20220527-0926462.png.8bea84d592f1a7826d00a2c412ed8f59.png

Here you go, Abbie. This is for you.

EeL9jQ2X0AAUdL1.thumb.jpg.bee56d3b815c6cd340590c89a7d9779e.jpg

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 12
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic