IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

35 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@HereticHick It’s Ken Peters. 

thanks. So he's part of a Christian Nationalist movement, Patriot Churches, and he leads the Knoxville one, right?

https://www.insider.com/patriot-church-pastor-ken-peters-knoxville-tennessee-trump-2021-4

Its an important reminder that for all of Bates' Instagrammable facade of mainstream living, they are Trump-loving Christian nationalists who supported the January 6th Insurrection.

• Upvote 20

On 7/15/2022 at 7:39 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m a terrible millennial. I’m so bad at remembering to take pictures. I’m afraid my kids will have an expectation of all these pictures of all these places we went. But it’s often that I just forget! My sister always remembers to take pictures. 

It’s ok. Instagram will go the way of MySpace and the iPhone will give way to some other technology and all the younger millennial/older z pictures of their children will be as lost to the void as if if they were in a roll of undeveloped film forgotten in the junk drawer or on a cd or memory card with no device to view it.

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

This is the conference 

https://www.wellversedworld.org/futureconference/

Tiffany is a ‘co host’.

I see it is sponsored by Liberty U, Tiffany's Alma Mater. Its interesting that she's a co host, but nowhere on the speaking agenda.  Maybe she's just like a MC/facilitator for the sessions. Although she isn't on the detailed agenda at all: "Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Co-Emcee for Day 1, and Attorney Mat Staver, Co-Emcee for Day 2, bring rich legislative, legal and prayer underpinnings to all the topics. Dr. Jim Garlow, organizer of the Future Conference, and Rosemary Schindler Garlow will assist in co-hosting."

Interested that she did not publicize this conference on her Insta. She clearly doesn't want her shiny mainstream hair products-shilling influencer persona to be hurt by the reality that she is hosting a conference full of people who are talking about "The Tenacles of Globalism"  [and if you don't recognize that is an anti-semitic dog whistle, you should]  and that "Trudeau turned Canada into Cuba in a day when he froze bank accounts and then into China when he began arresting pastors" and "Reclaiming Education: Launching Your Own College" and "Radical Environmentalism."

My take: Tiffany is just their non-white Window Dressing.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I think Tiffany’s minor celebrity status is probably quite attractive to them, given the type of celebrities they usually get.

I wonder how Lawson feels about her doing this- I’m sure he agrees with the philosophy of it but it must hurt his ego that she is the one they want and he’s not even asked to sing. I wonder if he does a Jill Rodrigues and just turns up with his guitar and sings?

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1

I’m guessing that Lawson doesn’t let Tiffany forget that the only reason her wedding was covered by People Magazine was because of him and that he has 150,000 more Instagram followers than her. Even though Tiffany has more earnings potential, Lawson will always believe that he’s the one that was needed to make her happen. Over time, I don’t really know if his ego will be able to handle any level of “success” that Tiffany has that doesn’t directly include him.

This is the first “work” I’ve seen Tiffany do, besides social media shilling, since she’s been involved with Lawson.  Of course we don’t hear about all the hard work and brain power that she puts into her rental properties. I thought she’d go a little bit softer into a public conservative religious lifestyle brand, like Candace Cameron Bure, but this all out “patriot” political direction isn’t too surprising. It does make the two of them even more annoying, which doesn’t seem possible.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 2

37 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Over time, I don’t really know if his ego will be able to handle any level of “success” that Tiffany has that doesn’t directly include him.

This is the first “work” I’ve seen Tiffany do, besides social media shilling, since she’s been involved with Lawson.  Of course we don’t hear about all the hard work and brain power that she puts into her rental properties.

I hope she reminds him that she's the one who wrangled the free trip to DC!  I love that he wasn't even asked to sing! : 

Notice that even though he now lives in the Nashville area, those singing invites aren't exactly flooding in, are they?

• Upvote 9

I have a friend who gets paid $30-50k for those kind of speaking engagements (she is celebrity-adjacent and a well-known activist). So I wonder what Tiffany is getting and if this is how they will pay their bills. 

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I have a friend who gets paid $30-50k for those kind of speaking engagements (she is celebrity-adjacent and a well-known activist). So I wonder what Tiffany is getting and if this is how they will pay their bills. 

I doubt that she is getting anywhere near that much, this conference has gotten almost no press. But even if she only gets $1,000 and travel/meals paid for herself and her (freeloading) husband, its probably worth it for not much work, and serves as a possible introduction to other opportunities. And probably gains her a few IG followers to boot.

Being a "co-host" of a 2-day conference and only having mild Master of Ceremonies duties + mixing & mingling + sightseeing sounds super easy compared to memorizing scripts.

• Upvote 12

Hey Lawson, did you see yourself on TV tonight for the Jan 6th Insurrection Hearings? 👀

(He wasn't on there, just poking fun.)

Edited by meep
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

It’s ok. Instagram will go the way of MySpace and the iPhone will give way to some other technology and all the younger millennial/older z pictures of their children will be as lost to the void as if if they were in a roll of undeveloped film forgotten in the junk drawer or on a cd or memory card with no device to view it.

Actually, most of my friends (millenials) do not post any (recognizable) pictures of their kids on Instagram. I also don't do it.

So even if Instagram is still there, he would have to go to our own server/album to see his pictures.

• Upvote 1

Tiffany is hustling hard- shilling 2 lots of stuff on Instagram, hosting the ‘patriot’ conference, her rental properties. Meanwhile Lawson is posting pictures of himself on his various holidays and begging people to book him to sing or pay to look at him because his name is Bates.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Tiffany is hustling hard- shilling 2 lots of stuff on Instagram, hosting the ‘patriot’ conference, her rental properties. Meanwhile Lawson is posting pictures of himself on his various holidays and begging people to book him to sing or pay to look at him because his name is Bates.

🙄

Is anyone surprised?? I just can't with him. In one of his stories a few days back he was basically bragging about all the places he's been.  Iirc, he asked people where their dream vacation was (or something to that effect) and for those whose answer was a place he's been to, he posted a cheesy photo of him posing there. 🙄

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 6

Who was it who coined the phrase "vapid superficial twit" for Alyssa? Could be the Bates Family Motto. I can see it now, in pig Latin on their coat of arms, mounted in the confederate room. I have a friend who researches heraldry in the UK, and works for the college of Arms. I would ask him what the Bates should have as their crest, but how would I explain them to him!

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

And now Tiffany is shilling sandals- good to know at least one half of this vapid coupling realises that Lawson posing for pictures will not actually pay the bills.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

And now Tiffany is shilling sandals- good to know at least one half of this vapid coupling realises that Lawson posing for pictures will not actually pay the bills.

Thread Question: "How is this Going to Work?"

Answer: "Tiffany is going to work"

Lawson is too busy with his summer concert tour. Oh wait, it hasn't happening, is it? (and summer is halfway over). What exactly was the point in moving to Nashville, Lawson?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

How long do we give this marriage? I know their cult doesn't believe in divorce but I feel like Tiffany could be the one to eventually snap and be done with all this bs. Well hopefully she one day wakes up and realize the douche canoe she married. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They all shill a lot of the same things. Whitney was shilling those sandals and iirc Carlin was too.  All of them are shilling that men's clothing line, forget the name of it.  How is a fundie to choose which Bateses code to use?😅🙄

Do they no longer use the products if they can't sponsor or shill them? Are the products then no longer considered a game changer (their words) that they can't live without??  Do Whitney and Alyssa no longer order those Fab Fit boxes they extensively shilled a few years back??  Are those no longer a thing young people are into anymore?  Such a scam, the product is only the greatest thing if they can make money off of it...🙄

Edited by 0 kids n not countin
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

They all shill a lot of the same things. Whitney was shilling those sandals and iirc Carlin was too.  All of them are shilling that men's clothing line, forget the name of it.  How is a fundie to choose which Bateses code to use?[emoji28][emoji849]
Do they no longer use the products if they can't sponsor or shill them? Are the products then no longer considered a game changer (their words) that they can't live without??  Do Whitney and Alyssa no longer order those Fab Fit boxes they extensively shilled a few years back??  Are those no longer a thing young people are into anymore?  Such a scam, the product is only the greatest thing if they can make money off of it...[emoji849]

I love my FabFitFun box [emoji1] I’ve often wondered the same thing and if they ever comment to each j’y bet how much commission they’ve made. Your SIL/ sister is your direct competition
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I love my FabFitFun box emoji1.png I’ve often wondered the same thing and if they ever comment to each j’y bet how much commission they’ve made. Your SIL/ sister is your direct competition

Thanks, glad to hear you love your FabFitFun box.😀😄😊😉

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

How long do we give this marriage? I know their cult doesn't believe in divorce but I feel like Tiffany could be the one to eventually snap and be done with all this bs. Well hopefully she one day wakes up and realize the douche canoe she married. 

I really don't think she's enjoying married life much so far, if Target runs are the high points of her existence... Also, this is some lukewarm praise for her new home:

Spoiler

CCC33947-DA8E-4496-A357-DDFC74A91829.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • I Agree 8

I could see Tiffany very much missing San Diego. I saw on Tiffany's Instagram where she and Lawson were shilling an espresso machine. So many Jinger and Jeremy vibes. Tiffany of the four is not surprisingly the best on camera. 

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic