IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I went looking for information on Lawson’s June 3rd concert. It’s taking place at a farm near Nashville. As far as I can tell, it’s not a regular venue for concerts, but there is a website to sell tickets. You can get a VIP ticket for $100 (meet and greet, etc) down to a $20 ticket. No alcohol, smoking or vaping.

How are people supposed to get through one of Lawson's concerts without alcohol?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 32
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Of course Tiffany will be there, gazing adoringly as he sings the new song from their wedding, and of course he’ll bring her up on stage. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m about to head to Spain(from England) and I have to show vaccination status to get in. I understand if you don’t have it you have to have a negative test.

They also said that about Portugal, yet I did not have to show anything when I got here.

• Upvote 1

My folks just had 3 weeks in Ireland for a delayed 40th anniversary trip they had scheduled in 2020. They did not have to test going, but had to test coming home. My mom is apparently asymptomatic positive so they are holed up in a hotel for a few days til she tests negative. She said there are no restrictions on them but they will obviously not be socializing.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Lawson is performing tonight onstage in Nashville

Kelly comments in the latest Bates instagram that she did not realise that "Tiffnie" was such a good singer.She wonders if she'll appear on stage with Lawson and perhaps steal the show

It's funny as she does seem to realise that he is not that great a singer, there's some minor teasing going on there, even if she is building up  the anticipation for the big event

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWWrnsKlI2/

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Compared to Lawsons singing which just sounds so monotonous to me, Tiffany is a great singer. And unlike Lawson you can tell she’s had lessons and can carry a tune lol.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Tiffany is shilling beauty products on her instastory- claiming she has been so busy with wedding prep, house renovations- you know all the things normal people do plus hold down a job. 
Unfortunately she forgot to adjust the camera so the product’s name appears backwards. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

From the pictures I’ve seen, there were maybe 30-50 people at Lawson’s show last night and I think I’m being generous. And probably at least ten were family members. The real issue is no one is interested in Lawson as a performer. He doesn’t even have 100 people in his home state willing to pay $20 to see him. But does he not really care that the music isn’t really part of his income stream? Are putting out albums and having occasional performances just to create the illusion of a career while the actual income stream is social media? Does Tiffany see through this facade of him as a country music artist but it just doesn’t bother her? He doesn’t have any other performances scheduled right now. He should have a summer festival or a county fair scheduled for every weekend for the rest of the summer if he was really interested in this as a career.

Included a picture of him performing and Tori and a fan with the lights up.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9bce40343e9a927a78e380ce3d41da47.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d2a1e502e8ab6223120197abc2916df2.png

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

It’s weird to me that constantly pregnant Tori and 5 kids at home Erin are the ones who drove to Nashville to watch the show. Any excuse to get away from the kids I guess. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s weird to me that constantly pregnant Tori and 5 kids at home Erin are the ones who drove to Nashville to watch the show. Any excuse to get away from the kids I guess. 

Oof, that’s kind of mom shamey. Even Tori and Erin deserve a night out without husbands and kids especially since Erin is moving soon. Who knows how Carlin was feeling last night, but it’s interesting to me that she’s already in Nashville and it looks like she didn’t go. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Oof, that’s kind of mom shamey. Even Tori and Erin deserve a night out without husbands and kids especially since Erin is moving soon. Who knows how Carlin was feeling last night, but it’s interesting to me that she’s already in Nashville and it looks like she didn’t go. 

I’m definitely not trying to mom shame them. I am a stay at home mom and find many reasons to get away from my kids. I did just today actually. I figure fundie moms do it more often because they have to spend so much time with their kids homeschooling and not allowed to work outside the home. Lawson’s singing is so bad I figured they must be desperate for an excuse to get out of the house. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Erin is exceptionally close to Lawson and she is moving soon, so she likely wanted to go, and she and Tori are besties, so I can see why she went with Erin.

• Upvote 4

So Kelly Jo will try to go visit Carlin today since she's missing those babies and of course was in Nashville yesterday for Lawson's concert. How very kind of her! Sorry if it seems snippy, but, her daughter is going thru a very scary situation and I get that she has other children, etc. but that's the first shes mentioned it except for in their anniversary message.

So is she saying she hasn't seen them in weeks? Seriously after bragging about driving to Nashville to cart Lawson's belongings? Any of her other brothers & sisters made an effort to visit her? None have mentioned her issues except for Whitney a couple weeks back.

I just can't get over the indifference while posting daily and about such mundane things!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Smoochie said:

So Kelly Jo will try to go visit Carlin today since she's missing those babies and of course was in Nashville yesterday for Lawson's concert. How very kind of her! Sorry if it seems snippy, but, her daughter is going thru a very scary situation and I get that she has other children, etc. but that's the first shes mentioned it except for in their anniversary message.

So is she saying she hasn't seen them in weeks? Seriously after bragging about driving to Nashville to cart Lawson's belongings? Any of her other brothers & sisters made an effort to visit her? None have mentioned her issues except for Whitney a couple weeks back.

I just can't get over the indifference while posting daily and about such mundane things!

I have a large extended family I can't stand. Most of them make me drink. However, when there is a health crisis, we freaking show up. We bring meals, babysit kids, run errands, sit and talk things through, or whatever needs to be done. Life goes on and we all have bills to pay, but we check in on each other at least. 

I recently moved across the country. I just found out my cousin has cancer. I have not talked to him in three years at least. Guess what? I messaged him on Facebook and offered to talk. I sent his mother a giftcard for gas since she is doing much of his care (his father died years ago and he's not married or in a relationship. An aunt has taken a turn for the worse. My parents are dealing with that one. I have paid for dinner to be delivered to them so they don't have to worry about that too. 

I wouldn't recommend them all piling into the Stewarts' home where Carlin is staying, but go and take her to eat, take Layla to the park. Sit outside and try to sort through this whole thing. It is horrible to be sick and feel like your body is failing for no known reason. It makes you feel like a failure too. Let her talk, cry, emote about it. But dang, Kelly Jo, show up for your daughter. And don't get me started on Gil. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 13

I’ve also got a unexplained health situation going on and I’m coming up on a month in hospital. I don’t want my parents to visit because I’m barely coping with everything that I’ve got going on, I don’t have the spoons for them at the moment. They would come if I asked. 

Given what we know of Gil and Kelly Jo it’s likely that they just haven’t visited and Carlin is happy to see them but it’s possible there’s a different explanation. All the posts about how people would be with their kid no matter what make me squirm because in some cases that would mean you are putting your feelings ahead of your child’s (general you, not thinking of anyone particular). 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

15 hours ago, JDuggs said:

From the pictures I’ve seen, there were maybe 30-50 people at Lawson’s show last night and I think I’m being generous. And probably at least ten were family members. The real issue is no one is interested in Lawson as a performer. He doesn’t even have 100 people in his home state willing to pay $20 to see him. But does he not really care that the music isn’t really part of his income stream? Are putting out albums and having occasional performances just to create the illusion of a career while the actual income stream is social media? Does Tiffany see through this facade of him as a country music artist but it just doesn’t bother her? He doesn’t have any other performances scheduled right now. He should have a summer festival or a county fair scheduled for every weekend for the rest of the summer if he was really interested in this as a career.

Included a picture of him performing and Tori and a fan with the lights up.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9bce40343e9a927a78e380ce3d41da47.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d2a1e502e8ab6223120197abc2916df2.png

My feeling is that on some level Lawson knows he isn’t that great, but his ego will never let him acknowledge that he isn’t naturally the world’s best singer. If he put himself out there trying to get gigs all summer, he will end up facing rejection and possibly even people being blunt and telling him he needs voice lessons. So he limits himself, staying in a safe bubble where there is no risk of having to face people who view him with a more critical eye.

A few months ago when  he sang the national it was just awful, and his family must have known because none of them shared the entire thing. Whitney posted only a few, painful seconds. I don’t know how Tiffany will deal with this long term, because she is more talented than him, but he isn’t one to stand back and let others outshine him. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

My feeling is that on some level Lawson knows he isn’t that great, but his ego will never let him acknowledge that he isn’t naturally the world’s best singer. If he put himself out there trying to get gigs all summer, he will end up facing rejection and possibly even people being blunt and telling him he needs voice lessons. So he limits himself, staying in a safe bubble where there is no risk of having to face people who view him with a more critical eye.

A few months ago when  he sang the national it was just awful, and his family must have known because none of them shared the entire thing. Whitney posted only a few, painful seconds. I don’t know how Tiffany will deal with this long term, because she is more talented than him, but he isn’t one to stand back and let others outshine him. 

Yes, Lawson wants a trophy wife but this trophy wife might outshine him. I doubt he likes that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Surely Lawson realizes most people don't want to listen to him, but to give up performing as his 'profession' would require him to pursue another profession. That is just too much actual work. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

There are plenty of successful “singers” who can’t sing. But they have good production and sound systems to make up for it. Lawson has nothing going on with his music. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Maybe Tiffy will sign Lawson up for some voice lessons. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

There are plenty of successful “singers” who can’t sing. But they have good production and sound systems to make up for it. Lawson has nothing going on with his music. 

I think Lawson is actually a decent song writer but his voice is average at best and he out as lackluster effort into it. There is actually no shame in being a local, small venue musician (I know several) but I think he wants more than that without the work or talent that goes into it. But I do enjoy the lyrics of some of his songs (not the guns and bible ones)  and think he could just so that, but I feel like that would be admitting failure so he won't. 

• Upvote 9

If they were smart, they’d have Tiffany sing and Lawson play guitar/write. They could still present themselves as duo and he could still sing some. That would require him to let someone take center stage though, and we know that’s not going to happen 

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Upvote 29
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, LanaBanana said:

If they were smart, they’d have Tiffany sing and Lawson play guitar/write. They could still present themselves as duo and he could still sing some. That would require him to let someone take center stage though, and we know that’s not going to happen 

Kinda like Gabby Barrett and Cade Foehner. Works for them.

1 hour ago, LanaBanana said:

This would be a great idea.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic