IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

Carrying over a thought from the last thread. In light of the diminished cash flow d/t the loss of the show coupled with all the little kids and Covid, I’m betting many of the siblings and especially their kids, will not be attending the CA wedding. There likely will be a bigger (size wise) and far less opulent shindig in TN sometime in the future. It would be great if all the kids were left at home with sitters, but that’s just not realistic with so many little kids and babies, plus half of their families (AKA known sitters) away for the wedding. 

I think I mentioned that my brother got married when my son was 11 months old. It was a wedding out of the area, so no known sitters available. My husband, daughter and I were in the wedding party. My ILs attended the wedding. All our close family members were at the wedding. Luckily, the reception was held at the large, very reputable hotel where we were staying, and my SIL’s family owned this facility. We were able to secure a hotel sitter (think Mary Poppins), and could visit during the day/evening. 

Even the cost for the parents to spend a weekend in CA could be too much for some of these young (large) families.

• Upvote 4

I going to a wedding in San Diego a few weeks before Lawson and Tiffany's and everything is so expensive. Costs for flights/hotels/rental cars etc. seem to be going up across the board lately, but I also travel a fair bit for work and San Diego is definitely the worst I've seen in terms of costs. It would be a lot for them to all go, especially families like Erin's or Zach's where there are several kids old enough to need their own seat on the plane, and one standard hotel room and basic rental car won't cut it.

• Upvote 3

Carlin mentioned in her stories a few weeks back that she and Evan are definitely going (and obviously the newborn too) but that they're still deciding whether or not to take Layla. So I agree, not all the Bates grandkids may go, and possibly not all of Lawson's siblings either.

• Upvote 5

Carlin, Josie and Michal have all said they are going. Esther is in the wedding and I bet Nathan is too. I am sure Katie and Travis will be there since they have no kids, she is not pregnant so far and they seem to have the ability to travel. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Tori skipped the wedding. I think Zach and Erin will be there as they both seem really close to Lawson, but I bet they will come without their spouses and kids (well Erin will bring Finley). Erin just brought Carson and Finley to the shower, so I wonder if he is a ring bearer and it will just be the three of them in California.

I imagine all the umarried siblings will be there. We know Ellie is a bridesmaid. I imagine Trace is also in the bridal party. 

Alyssa stated in her recent vlog that she won't be going 

• Upvote 7

Do you think Brandon & Michael will stay home & get stuck with babysitting a houseful of nieces and nephews? 

I don't think there will be another ceremony in Tennessee. But there might be a "reception" as an excuse to get more gifts.

• Upvote 3

I found this couple so unbalanced that I will not really believe they are getting married until they both say "I do". I just have a hard time seeing them as a good couple, they will probably remain married because doing otherways will mean admitting they were wrong about something, and we can't have that. It will also open the door to doubt since they were wrong about marriage and courtship what else could be wrong even if it seems right? 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Do you think Brandon & Michael will stay home & get stuck with babysitting a houseful of nieces and nephews? 

I don't think there will be another ceremony in Tennessee. But there might be a "reception" as an excuse to get more gifts.

They have said they are going. Michaela answered a Q&A about it, she already has plane tickets. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I found this couple so unbalanced that I will not really believe they are getting married until they both say "I do". I just have a hard time seeing them as a good couple, they will probably remain married because doing otherways will mean admitting they were wrong about something, and we can't have that. It will also open the door to doubt since they were wrong about marriage and courtship what else could be wrong even if it seems right? 

I agree. If there is a last minute cancellation of the wedding I won’t be shocked. Lawson seem more interested in the attention a wedding would bring him than into his his future wife. She seems young, in love with the idea of love, but most likely going to outgrow Lawson. Lawson, much like Jill Rod, doesn’t let other people shine, and Tiffany can for sure outshine him. He has drifted through his adult life expecting fame and money to be handed to him. He hasn’t grown or matured at all since he was a teenager. She on the other hand has put in the hard work to make it in Hollywood and is still pretty young, so she will probably grow and mature as person. I can see her dumping him down the road.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if the cancellation of the show changed the dynamic for Tiffany’s family? While he was on the periphery of show business he probably seemed a reasonable prospect- attractive, Christian and some money coming in.

Now he has a not very lucrative looking music career, lots of showing off but not much to show for it and an ego the size of a planet. Tiffany is an adult of course, but she is very young. If I were her mother I’d be having a serious talk about how she sees the future panning out.

• Upvote 14

Is Lawson close to any of the Duggar boys, either of the twins or JD? I expect JB and Michelle to sit this one out and probably attend the Tennessee ceremony if they attend at all. I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy would attend if only due to proximity but she would be the only sister I expect. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Is Lawson close to any of the Duggar boys, either of the twins or JD? I expect JB and Michelle to sit this one out and probably attend the Tennessee ceremony if they attend at all. I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy would attend if only due to proximity but she would be the only sister I expect. 

I think JD might be close to Lawson in recent years due to their Medic Corps stuff, so I think he and Abbie might attend, especially if they’re looking for a fun getaway. I think Jinger and Jeremy will also attend mainly due to proximity. It would be a good opportunity for her to see all the Bates sisters. I don’t see any other Duggars making the trip. 

Has there been anything said about a Tennessee reception? I don’t see it happening. I think the Bates only really care about their immediate family who I think will all make it out to California. I wonder if Kelly’s mother and Gil’s parents will be up for this trip though.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Jinger can't attend after she broke Lawson's heart, remember?

False! No broken hearts in courtship remember!? DUH. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

15 minutes ago, Dbm said:

So they bought a house.... , do you think her parents helped with the payment ?

Hide contents

122420729_Screenshot2022-03-21at1_04_35am.thumb.png.92c23de39adc2dccbc67ef64666fbe6b.png

Hide contents

617088016_Screenshot2022-03-21at1_06_26am.png.043bbf69a4d58f868520320fa63648d7.png

Tiffany has 2 rental properties in California- I expect she made the payment!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Tiffany has 2 rental properties in California- I expect she made the payment!

I have to say I love how she says it’s her 3rd property purchased and that she rents the other two out in California. She already has investments and some passive income.
  • Upvote 30
  • I Agree 1

The down side with the rental income is that Lawson will gladly reap the benefits without a sense of urgency to secure proper employment. His Peter Pan life goes on funded by Tiffany.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

The down side with the rental income is that Lawson will gladly reap the benefits without a sense of urgency to secure proper employment. His Peter Pan life goes on funded by Tiffany.

Do you think she’d be encouraged by anyone to create a prenup ??
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 1

That house is a definite fixer upper but honestly I preferred buying a house that had to be gutted and rebuilt because I felt zero guilt making it exactly the way I wanted, whereas I would have felt bad of the house was.finctional but not to my taste. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Heidijoey said:

I hope so but I could see Lawson getting upset if she tried to push for one. Growing up I was always told a prenup was only for people who were planning on divorce. I sadly think Lawson will view himself as the man of the house and take full control of her money.

• Upvote 18
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 6

Lawson uploaded a video of the renovations of the house. Having all the boys doing construction sure comes in handy with all the house renovations in the family. 

It is a fixer upper with 3 bed/2bath, i kinda expected a more fancy house from these two, but this house looks fine for a first home.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, llucie said:

Lawson uploaded a video of the renovations of the house. Having all the boys doing construction sure comes in handy with all the house renovations in the family. 

It is a fixer upper with 3 bed/2bath, i kinda expected a more fancy house from these two, but this house looks fine for a first home.

maybe her parents advised her to find a place that both can afford, which is to me the right thing to do, she have to make sure that she don't carry him on her back financially. and anything is better than nathan and esther's RV.    

• Upvote 10

I very much doubt it because a prenup is in their eyes "planning for divorce" which basically isn't an option for them.
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic